PDA

View Full Version : Question for the tech savy people in the forum

MaNuMaNiAc
08-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Is there a way to be able to see on my computer exactly what is being displayed on someone else's computer through the internet?

I'm looking to play Sims 3 with my girl (she really likes the game) through the internet. Obviously, Sims 3 isn't multiplayer, but if there was a way for her to see exactly what was being displayed in my computer. I could start the game and she would see it in her computer.

If you could help me, that would be very much appreciated. On the other hand, if you don't have anything constructive to say, step away from the keyboard. I don't need this to turn into a "The Sims sucks" bullshit thread.

Thanks in advance :tu

BadOdor
08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
lol sims
lol electricity in argentina wtf did that happen?

ElNono
08-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't think Remote Desktop works with Direct3D games under XP or Vista, and I'm not sure there's a workaround. I heard Windows 7 actually does include a Remote Desktop that works with D3D... But both of you would need to be running Windows 7.

Cry Havoc
08-11-2009, 12:41 AM
There IS a program to do this. It's free, and a little slow, but it's pretty easy to use.

It's called teamviewer. www.teamviewer.com

Shouldn't be a problem to set up, either.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
thanks for the quick reply gents :tu

Since I don't have Windows 7 and neither does she, I think I'll give that TeamViewer app a try. Hopefully it'll work.

koriwhat
08-11-2009, 04:50 AM
was using teamviewer earlier tonight to fix a friends mac in order to do some video conferencing over ichat... would've used remote but he's not savvy enough to set that up and teamviewer worked just fine.