PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse?

Gino
08-11-2009, 01:53 PM
The point of this poll (coming) is just to point out how both sides have extremists who will believe anything.

balli
08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Criticisms of the Katrina bungling are conspiratorial?

101A
08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
^^^^ :rolleyes You need to add a third option.

Gino
08-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Criticisms of the Katrina bungling are conspiratorial?

Um..no.

The idea that there was a blast caused by the government in order to purposely flood the city was conspiratorial. The reasoning was "since Bush hates black people (Kanye), he did it on purpose".

clambake
08-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Um..no.

The idea that there was a blast caused by the government in order to purposely flood the city was conspiratorial. The reasoning was "since Bush hates black people (Kanye), he did it on purpose".

never heard that.

balli
08-11-2009, 02:12 PM
That's certainly not a wide held belief. I mean 43% of the GOP is self identifying as 'birther'. Do you really think 43% (or anywhere remotely close) to that number of Democrats believe the US government bombed NO's Levees?

I do believe Bush ignored Katrina due to apathy, stupidity and a profound lack of concern when it comes to black and poor peoples' lives.

In other words, I think it's almost indisputable to say that George Bush doesn't care about black people.

braeden0613
08-11-2009, 02:15 PM
They are both pretty funny/interesting. I've never understood all the militant hate toward conspiracy people.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
That's certainly not a wide held belief. I mean 43% of the GOP is self identifying as 'birther'. Do you really think 43% (or anywhere remotely close) to that number of Democrats believe the US government bombed NO's Levees?

I do believe Bush ignored Katrina due to apathy, stupidity and a profound lack of concern when it comes to black and poor peoples' lives.

In other words, I think it's almost indisputable to say that George Bush doesn't care about black people.

thank you, kanye west.

balli
08-11-2009, 02:20 PM
thank you, kanye west.
You think I or anyone else is unfamiliar with the quote I'm channeling? But thanks for making sure.

DarrinS
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Google

Checkpoint -- a book by Nicholson Baker

and

"Death of a President"

t2INp7yh5wg

LnGrrrR
08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I've never heard of the Katrina stuff. Yes, both sides have conspiracy wackjobs out there.

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 06:42 PM
They're the same people...

I think Ann Coulter nails this one.

OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE SPOTTED IN BOGUS MOON LANDING FOOTAGE (http://www.anncoulter.com/)

August 5, 2009

Tardy though they are, we welcome MSNBC to finally joining every major conservative news outlet -- including Fox News, The American Spectator, Human Events, National Review and Sweetness & Light -- in discrediting the idea that President Obama wasn't born in this country and, therefore, is ineligible to be president.

Now the big question: Was Joe Biden born on this planet?

Inasmuch as the "birther" movement was hatched in the station wagon of MSNBC's favorite left-wing fantasist, Larry Johnson, maybe the mainstream media can stop acting as if it's a creation of the Republican National Committee.

Which party contains 99 percent of the people who believe (or believed):

-- O.J. is innocent;

-- Bush shirked his National Guard duty;

-- Sarah Palin's infant child, Trig, was actually the child of her daughter;

-- Justice Antonin Scalia threw the 2000 election to Bush so that his son could get a legal job with the Labor Department;

-- The spectacularly guilty Mumia Abu-Jamal was framed;

-- The Diebold Corp. secretly stole thousands of Kerry votes in 2004;

-- Duke lacrosse players gang-raped a stripper;

-- Bill Clinton did not have sex with "that woman";

-- Heterosexuals are just as likely to contract AIDS as gays;

-- John Edwards didn't have an affair with Rielle Hunter;

-- John Edwards' campaign aide Andrew Young is the father of Rielle Hunter's child.

And as has been recently noted, a 2007 Rasmussen poll showed that 35 percent of Democrats believe Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance, while 26 percent aren't sure ...

Holy mackerel.

Another favorite MSNBC guest, Janeane Garofalo, believes Enron's Ken Lay faked his own death. It's weird that Keith Olbermann didn't ask her about that when she was on his show a couple of months ago, given his sudden interest in stamping out conspiracy theories.

Also trying to revive his failing TV show, MSNBC'S Chris Matthews has been denouncing the birthers on "Hardball" nightly and demanding that every elected Republican who appears on his show do the same.

How many times has Matthews forced Democratic officeholders to denounce Al Sharpton for the Tawana Brawley hoax? Or for that matter, how many times has he forced Sharpton -- a frequent guest on his show -- to admit the case was a fraud?

Sharpton has veto power over all Democratic presidential candidates. Even Al Gore, a former vice president of the United States, was required to kiss Sharpton's ring.

If there ever comes a time when Republican presidential candidates have to get the blessing of the head of the birther movement to run, I'll say: I'm wrong -- Republicans do have as many conspiracy nuts as the Democrats.

Not content with merely humoring their nuts, Democratic officeholders promote conspiracy theories themselves.

In 2003, Democratic presidential candidate and future Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean approvingly cited the left-wing lunacy that Saudi Arabia had warned Bush in advance about the 9/11 attacks. He promised a caller to National Public Radio that, if elected, he would investigate.

In the fall of 2004, Clinton's Secretary of State Madeleine Albright said she believed Bush was holding Osama bin Laden and planned to release him just before the election. (She later claimed she was joking -- a surprise to all three witnesses who heard her say it.)

Sen. Barbara Boxer officially objected to the certification of Ohio's votes in the 2004 election -- on the Senate floor -- and demanded an investigation into the "Diebold stole Kerry votes" conspiracy theory.

And, of course, a Democratic House and Senate actually used official government proceedings to investigate the original nut-job conspiracy theory, the "October Surprise," maintaining that Reagan struck a secret deal with the Iranians not to release the hostages until after the 1980 election.

Now, the only October surprise will come under ObamaCare: Order an MRI in April and get it by ... October -- surprise!

Rosie O'Donnell -- who has headlined many a Democratic fundraiser -- is a prominent 9/11 "truther." She believes the World Trade Center was blown up with explosives, not taken down by terrorists in airplanes.

Most shockingly, the Democrats have a hand-in-glove relationship with Michael Moore, crackpot documentarian, whose "Fahrenheit 9/11" is chock-a-block with demented conspiracy theories, including:

-- the 2000 election was stolen;

-- the Bush family clandestinely spirited the bin Laden family out of the U.S. after the 9/11 attacks; and

-- Bush went to war in Afghanistan, not to avenge the 9/11 terrorist attack, but to help the Unocal Corp. obtain a natural gas pipeline in Afghanistan.

Terry McAuliffe, then chairman of the Democratic National Committee attended the glittering Washington, D.C., premiere of "Fahrenheit 9/11" and emerged endorsing Moore's wacko Unocal conspiracy theory. "I believe it after seeing that," McAuliffe said.

Show me RNC Chairman Michael Steele saying "I believe the birthers" and I'll give 10 percent of my book profits to Air America, raising their profits to -- let's see ... about 10 percent of my book profits.

Democratic presidential candidate Wesley Clark proudly accepted Moore's endorsement in 2004, and Moore was an honored guest at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, sitting with former President Carter.

What is the likelihood that a birther will be sitting with former President Bush at the 2012 Republican National Convention?

Other Democrats who attended Moore's movie screening included Sens. Tom Daschle, Tom Harkin, Max Baucus, Ernest Hollings, Debbie Stabenow, Bill Nelson, and representatives Charles Rangel and Jim McDermott.

Show me a half-dozen Republican senators attending a birther movie premiere, and I'll pretend to believe that Olbermann went to the Ivy League Cornell.

COPYRIGHT 2009 ANN COULTER
DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE
1130 Walnut, Kansas City, MO 64106

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Where did she get the 99 percent figure?

da_suns_fan
08-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Where did she get the 99 percent figure?

I can assume 99 percent of people who think OJ is innocent are democrats. I dont even need research.

da_suns_fan
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
And as has been recently noted, a 2007 Rasmussen poll showed that 35 percent of Democrats believe Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance, while 26 percent aren't sure ...

Thats insane!! That party really is full of idiots.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I can assume 99 percent of people who think OJ is innocent are democrats. I dont even need research.So you just made it up -- like Coulter did.

Fighting lies with lies is, well, lying. I can see how Yoni likes it.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Thats insane!! That party really is full of idiots.Depends on what one means by advance knowledge. As it is, it's a little too ambiguous.

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I certainly don't know of any Republicans or Libertarians that think he's innocent.

I think Chump wants to, once again, detract from the gist of the piece which is; Democrats have worked real hard to pin this "birther" nonsense on Republicans -- without having one leading Republican that supports it -- while ignoring all the warm fuzzies they've given the kooky conspiracists in their own party.

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Depends on what one means by advance knowledge. As it is, it's a little too ambiguous.
So, are you in the 35 or 26 percentile?

SnakeBoy
08-11-2009, 06:58 PM
We invaded Iraq to steal their oil. We are building secret pipelines to do it.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
So, are you in the 35 or 26 percentile?Depends on what one means by advance knowledge. As it is, it's a little too ambiguous.

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Depends on what one means by advance knowledge. As it is, it's a little too ambiguous.
Well, 61% think they know what it means.

Rodriguez
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Most democrats got mentally fucked during the primary election by Obama's speeches.

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM
But, we digress...

The point of her opinion piece is that leading Democrat politicians have less trouble associating with conspiracists than do Republicans. She points to several events to support that position.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, 61% think they know what it means.I don't know exactly what Rasmussen means. What does it mean to you?

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Where did she get the 99 percent figure?That figure makes sense to me, "believe (or believed)" I would be with you if she didn't include past tense.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:07 PM
But, we digress...

The point of her opinion piece is that leading Democrat politicians have less trouble associating with conspiracists than do Republicans. She points to several events to support that position.Nah, Republicans have just as many.

Tell me Yoni, do you believe Obama was born in the US? That's about as unambiguous as I can make that.

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Nah, Republicans have just as many.
Really? Name 'em.

Tell me Yoni, do you believe Obama was born in the US? That's about as unambiguous as I can make that.
Yes, I do. Equally unambiguous.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Really? Name 'em.Obama is not a citizen.

Obama is a Muslim.

Obama was educated in a madras.

Death panels.

Forced end of life counseling.

Forced abortions.

Forced euthanasia.

Pain pills instead of pacemakers.

Old people should accept their conditions rather than treat them.

Swine flu broke out under Carter.

Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks.

ACORN's activities resulted in thousands of fraudulent votes.

Just off the top of my head.

Yes, I do. Equally unambiguous.Great, ask me an unambiguous question about Bush next time.

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Obama is not a citizen.

Obama is a Muslim.

Death panels.

Forced abortions.

Forced euthanasia.

Really? How many of these items get any traction with the Main Stream Media vs. liberal attacks?

ChumpDumper
08-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Really? How many of these items get any traction with the Main Stream Media vs. liberal attacks?They get plenty of traction insofar as they are reported. Then people with a bias against the mainstream media can conclude that the conservative attacks must be true.

Do you believe Obama was born in the US?

Wild Cobra
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Do you believe Obama was born in the US?Wow, how easily you forget. Yes, he was born in Hawaii.

George Gervin's Afro
08-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Really? How many of these items get any traction with the Main Stream Media vs. liberal attacks?

so you're ok with lying about the bill? I thought you didn't like liars?

Yonivore
08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Obama is not a citizen.

Obama is a Muslim.

Death panels.

Forced abortions.

Forced euthanasia.

Just off the top of my head.
No, name leading Republican politicians that support idiotic conspiracy theories. Coulter named just about every leading Democrat currently serving.

Great, ask me an unambiguous question about Bush next time.
Why?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
No, name leading Republican politicians that support idiotic conspiracy theories. Coulter named just about every leading Democrat currently serving.Shit, there was a video where people asked a bunch of Republican congressmen on their way to the Capitol if Obama is a US citizen. Only about one out of ten answered in the affirmative.

Why?I knew you couldn't do it.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Shit, there was a video where people asked a bunch of Republican congressmen on their way to the Capitol if Obama is a US citizen. Only about one out of ten answered in the affirmative.
Post the video...let's identify them.

Got any more examples?

I knew you couldn't do it.
Why would I?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Post the video...let's identify them.

Got any more examples?I'll post it when I get back.

There are plenty of examples of Republicans who would rather let the lie spread unabated if it suits their purposes. Shit, you still think Saddam was behind 9/11.

Why would I?Exactly what I am talking about. It suits your purpose not to ask me an unambiguous question about Bush and 9/11.

Rodriguez
08-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Barack Hussein Osama is US citizen.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
I'll post it when I get back.

There are plenty of examples of Republicans who would rather let the lie spread unabated if it suits their purposes.
I want to see a Republican leader on the level of a Pelosi, Reid, McAuliffe, and the others listed in my post.

Shit, you still think Saddam was behind 9/11.
Once again, you perpetuate a lie.

Exactly what I am talking about. It suits your purpose not to ask me an unambiguous question about Bush and 9/11.
I don't have any questions to ask you about President Bush or September 11.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:34 AM
I want to see a Republican leader on the level of a Pelosi, Reid, McAuliffe, and the others listed in my post.I don't remember if they were on the video, but I don't really give much of a shit about what you want.

Once again, you perpetuate a lie.Do you believe Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks?

Yes or no.

I don't have any questions to ask you about President Bush or September 11.You did when it was ambiguous; now you just became a pussy when the actual questioning starts. It's not unexpected.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:40 AM
I don't remember if they were on the video, but I don't really give much of a shit about what you want.
Well, if you're going to claim Republicans engage in conspiracies at the same level as do Democrats, you should support that claim. It's not about what I want, it's about supporting your lame argument.

But, if you can't, I understand.

Do you believe Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks?

Yes or no.
I have no idea. He had a demonstrated relationship with terrorist organizations, including al Qaeda. But, asking me if he was involved in 9/11 is different, again, from the statement you made in the previous post that I thought he was behind it. And, that, I don't believe. I believe Osama bin Laden was behind it.

You did when it was ambiguous; now you just became a pussy when the actual questioning starts. It's not unexpected.
Really? When was that?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Well, if you're going to claim Republicans engage in conspiracies at the same level as do Democrats, you should support that claim. It's not about what I want, it's about supporting your lame argument.Shit, the death panel came straight from the keyboard of Sarah Palin.

Tax-funded abortions came from Boehner.

I have no idea. He had a demonstrated relationship with terrorist organizations, including al Qaeda. But, asking me if he was involved in 9/11 is different, again, from the statement you made in the previous post that I thought he was behind it. And, that, I don't believe. I believe Osama bin Laden was behind it.:lmao You still can't bring yourself to admit it.

Really? When was that?This thread. Damn, you're stupid.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Shit, the death panel came straight from the keyboard of Sarah Palin.
I forget the Orwellian name of the committee created by this legislation but, it does, in fact provide financial incentives to doctors to steer patients away from curative and toward palliative care.

She's a mother pissed about the consequences that would be suffered by her child. I'd call it a death panel too.

Tax-funded abortions came from Boehner.
Will abortions be paid for under this plan?

:lmao You still can't bring yourself to admit it.
Admit what?

This thread. Damn, you're stupid.
Must have been rhetorical.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 12:52 AM
I forget the Orwellian name of the committee created by this legislation but, it does, in fact provide financial incentives to doctors to steer patients away from curative and toward palliative care.

She's a mother pissed about the consequences that would be suffered by her child. I'd call it a death panel too.You're both absolutely right, except for the fact it's total bullshit.

Will abortions be paid for under this plan?With tax money?

Admit what?They're still translating the documents!

Must have been rhetorical.Must've been stupid. I'd try to forget about it to if I were you.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 01:02 AM
You're both absolutely right, except for the fact it's total bullshit.
"Section 1233," writes Charles Lane of the Washington Post editorial board about the health care bill, "addresses compassionate goals in disconcerting proximity to fiscal ones," as he writes about the discussions doctors are to have with patients about end-of-life treatment.

"Though not mandatory, as some on the right have claimed, the consultations envisioned in Section 1233 aren't quite "purely voluntary"," Lane writes.

"What's more, Section 1233 dictates, at some length, the content of the consultation," he adds.

You can read Lane's weekend column at http://bit.ly/n4Zsx

With tax money?
If they're available under Obama's "public option," that would be tax money, no?

They're still translating the documents!
Could be. There were millions of them.

Must've been stupid. I'd try to forget about it to if I were you.
Okay...it made such an impression you can't recall it either. Let's move on.

Yonivore
08-12-2009, 01:25 AM
This is so hard to not insult you. I think you should know, as a matter as bringing up the public intelligence level that several CIA reports and Department of State official releases and reports (including just recently) say Sadam Hussein had no relationship with Al-qaeda or Osama Bin Laden. In fact, official consensus is that Sadam detested Al-qaeda and Osama for a number of reasons and refused to colaborate whatsoever with them.
Which reports state that?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2009, 03:54 AM
"Section 1233," writes Charles Lane of the Washington Post editorial board about the health care bill, "addresses compassionate goals in disconcerting proximity to fiscal ones," as he writes about the discussions doctors are to have with patients about end-of-life treatment.

"Though not mandatory, as some on the right have claimed, the consultations envisioned in Section 1233 aren't quite "purely voluntary"," Lane writes.

"What's more, Section 1233 dictates, at some length, the content of the consultation," he adds.

You can read Lane's weekend column at http://bit.ly/n4ZsxNot mandatory.

Thanks for refuting the death panel for me.

If they're available under Obama's "public option," that would be tax money, no?No. Clever accounting perhaps, but no.

Could be. There were millions of them.Why didn't they just ask Saddam -- you know, the prize pig of the whole invasion and occupation?

Okay...it made such an impression you can't recall it either. Let's move on.I recalled it to you, dumbass. It's up there.