PDA

View Full Version : ‘Tweeting’ tightened at Dolphins’ football practice

spurs_2108
08-11-2009, 02:58 PM
From WTVJ-TV

MIAMI, Fla. -- Looks like the Dolphins football have sacked twitter. The football organization has restricted Twitter for players and fans at training camp.

"If I had tweeted during the non-open ‘tweeting’ period I would have been shot and I wouldn't have been able to do this interview with you," said Ethan Skolnick of the Sun-Sentinel.

Yeah I’m pretty sure they just make you stop “tweeting,” but as trivial as it sounds the Dolphins are tightening up on twitter.

"I thought it was a good thing. You know I don't think especially when you are in training camp when your focus should be what's going on. You've had all year to Twitter or do everything else," said Dolphins Linebacker Akin Ayodele.

"I guess you know guys are going to oblige by it. We don't want to get the head man upset. We will just go on about our business and wait until we are done with training camp," said Dolphins Wide Receiver Brandon London.

Only two Dolphins players have Twitter anyway, but it's not just the players.

As fans enter practice there is a sign: blogging, tweeting, and/or texting are not permitted.

"That's probably a little much. I think they need to relax a little bit. If they want to endorse that over their players that's probably cool. But if they are inviting fans to come out and watch what's the difference between twittering and going home and gossip to your friends?" asked Dolphins fan Scott Michael.

"I've been texting...is that illegal too?” “Yes, has anyone stopped you?” “No," said fan Ryan Kelan.

The media can only tweet for the first 20 minutes of practice. Then it's phones down.

"I don't appreciate being able to not tell the fans what's going on, but I’m not going to get too bent out of shape. I mean I think we be able to kind of communicate the information during post practice” said Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald.

The Dolphins wouldn't comment on camera, but say the reason for getting all atwitter about twitter is that the flow of information can hurt their competitive advantage

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Tweeting-tightened-at-Dolphins-football-practice/iBUqMWQH7k20v9zrMQJewA.cspx

Yah!! Way to crackdown on the tweeting.