dbreiden83080
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Anderson Silva: "No Point In Asking, I'd Never Face Lyoto"

by Kelvin Hunt on Aug 11, 2009

http://www.mmaforreal.com/2009/8/11/985173/anderson-silva-no-point-in-asking

UFC MW Champ Anderson Silva

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/75841/silva_large.jpg

Man he's really adamant about this..

"There’s no point in even asking. Of course I would never face Lyoto. We have a code of honor and, besides being friends, we’re like brothers. It will never happen."

Of course, UFC president Dana White thinks he can make the fight happen and Silva has repeatedly stating he wants to fight the best. So I suppose something is going to have to give at some point. Then again, if Shogun Rua is able to defeat Lyoto Machida at UFC 104 it'll be a non issue at that point.

Silva also spoke on people criticizing his last two performances and why he's glad they did:

"I’d like to make it clear that I respect everyone. I’d like to apologize if, at some point, I was disrespectful to someone. I look to do my job and people criticize it. And they should criticize, because that’s how we become determined to fight better. That’s why I thank everyone and have great affection for everyone who’s keeping up with my career. We’re always struggling and it’s hard to be in the situation we’re in, people wanting things of us, with our personal problems, problems with the team, injuries, folks end up getting hurt… There’s a lot involved in getting ready for a challenge. But, thank God, we’re able to overcome the obstacles and come up with the results. Once again I’d like to say sorry to everyone who’s misunderstood me and I believe I would not have made it to this point without having been humble and if I’d been disrespectful to others. I’d like to end my career like this, respecting everyone else and with everyone respecting me."

LEONARD
08-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Plenty of fights for Silva before he fights Machida...if he gets rolling he can get a title shot after somebody knocks Machida off...

djohn14
08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
I hope Shogun wins lol

LEONARD
08-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Mma Weekly - Just got word from AndersonSilva's mngr. He is NOT moving perm to 205.

CubanSucks
08-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Even if he did want to fight machida I would rather see some more great fights before. Preferably Evans.

Blackjack
08-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Say, there was no relationship between Silva and Machida...

Do you guys think it'd really be all that entertaining of a fight, for the general public?

I'd defer to most of you on the board who get to see a hell of a lot more fights than I do, but it seems to me, stylistically, it could turn into one of those boring fights.

angelbelow
08-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Interesting, I can respect that.. but will Dana?

LEONARD
08-12-2009, 08:12 AM

Do you guys think it'd really be all that entertaining of a fight, for the general public?

I'd defer to most of you on the board who get to see a hell of a lot more fights than I do, but it seems to me, stylistically, it could turn into one of those boring fights.

I think it would be a fascinating chess match...who could land the significant strikes?

BigMoneyTexas
08-12-2009, 09:04 AM

The general public would hate it

Soul_Patch
08-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Dude is so full of shit. He is the most disrespectful, non-sportsman like fighter in the UFC. He tries to come off as some sort of honorable samurai type fighter when he is furthest from it.

He is good, very very good...but have some humility and respect for your opponents...

ATRAIN
08-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Dude is so full of shit. He is the most disrespectful, non-sportsman like fighter in the UFC. He tries to come off as some sort of honorable samurai type fighter when he is furthest from it.

He is good, very very good...but have some humility and respect for your opponents...

Thats all part of his game plan man, he gets in the head of the other fighters and it works.

Soul_Patch
08-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Thats all part of his game plan man, he gets in the head of the other fighters and it works.

Thats cool, and yes it works...but to turn around afterward and act like you are some honorable, humble fighter is crap...Dude is full of himself, and rightfully so...but he needs to call a spade a spade.

Blackjack
08-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I think it would be a fascinating chess match...who could land the significant strikes?

No doubt.

I just can't help but think there would be a huge build-up for the fight, that would seemingly fall short for the general public.

I've always been able to enjoy the chess match aspect and the little mental battles that take place within the fight, but I don't think that's the norm for a huge segment of the fanbase.

With Silva there's always the chance for a spectacular KO, and Machida ain't no slouch himself, but I could definitely see this fight turn into a fishing contest, so to speak.