PDA

View Full Version : Old lady get taken down!

bigzak25
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Ohio Cops Defend Slamming 84-Year-Old With Knife to Ground

link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539075,00.html?test=latestnews)

WHITEHALL, Ohio —
An Ohio police department says it has received scores of calls from around the country complaining about a YouTube video showing an officer taking an 84-year-old woman to the ground.

Police Chief Richard Zitzke in the Columbus suburb of Whitehall says the officer did what she had to do when the woman was seen holding a steak knife in a Walmart parking lot on Aug. 1. Police say the woman has Alzheimer's.

Zitzke says police have tried to explain their side to callers from as far as Texas and California.

Some have called the white officer a racist. The woman was black.

But Stan Brown of Columbus, the bystander who shot the video with his phone, says he believes no racism was involved. The 29-year-old black man says he now feels badly for the officer.

ywO2jSqqdAI

Fpoonsie
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM
:lol Awesome.

And the guy that shot the video "feels bad for the officer", yet can be heard spouting shit like "Police brutality at its finest right here" during the recording. Fuckin idiot.

mexicanjunior
08-12-2009, 11:49 AM
If that old lady had stabbed someone, they would be bitching about the cops not taking her down...they just can't win I guess.

sonic21
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
It sucks that she fell down but this officer should be lauded for not using the Taser

760Spursfan
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
if that old lady had stabbed someone, they would be bitching about the cops not taking her down...they just can't win i guess.

+1

Cry Havoc
08-12-2009, 12:24 PM
What's the big deal? If she has Alzheimer's, she'll forget about it by tomorrow.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
So... what exactly was the officer supposed to do? Just go away and hope the old lady doesn't hurt anyone? What if she had?

People bitch about officers using tasers and now they bitch about physical restraining? How the fuck else do you propose police deal with situations??

CavsSuperFan
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Madea would have kicked everybody’s butt…

SonOfAGun
08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
My grandmother has Alzheimer's and I can tell you, these people are not in their right mind.

In a knife fight, no one wins.

Summers
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM
So... what exactly was the officer supposed to do? Just go away and hope the old lady doesn't hurt anyone? What if she had?

People bitch about officers using tasers and now they bitch about physical restraining? How the fuck else do you propose police deal with situations??

She was 84. Seriously, the cop should have just fucking grabbed the knife away from her. It was a steak knife. Worst case scenario is the cop would need a couple stitches on her arm. She could have broken half her bones doing what she did. I don't bitch about cops because they do a thankless, necessary, dangerous job, but in this case, the cop failed to use common sense.

Heath Ledger
08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Just another example of Whitey trying to keep the black man (woman) down.

SonOfAGun
08-12-2009, 03:39 PM
She was 84. Seriously, the cop should have just fucking grabbed the knife away from her. It was a steak knife. Worst case scenario is the cop would need a couple stitches on her arm. She could have broken half her bones doing what she did. I don't bitch about cops because they do a thankless, necessary, dangerous job, but in this case, the cop failed to use common sense.

I'm sure you'd be the first to go after a crazy lady yielding a steak knife.

PM5K
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The officer used methods she had been trained in, and I would rather have her do that for both her safety and the safety of others, rather than trying to do something else she hasn't been trained to do.

mexicanjunior
08-12-2009, 04:01 PM
She was 84. Seriously, the cop should have just fucking grabbed the knife away from her. It was a steak knife. Worst case scenario is the cop would need a couple stitches on her arm.

I completely disagree with this, the cop should not be expected to just accept a knife wound in order to keep this woman from being hurt. If she felt it was necessary to bring the woman to the ground to keep herself and others from being stabbed, I have no problem with her actions. For all we know, that knife could have been infested with dirt and bacteria, which could have caused a serious infection if cut deep enough into someone.

boutons_deux
08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
What's the rush? How about fucking TALKING the lady, stalling, letting the old lady calm down. Who was at risk from this old lady?

Is tasering and throw downs the ONLY training cops receive?

Fucking sadistic, bully cop knowing she can get away with anything. And why not slip 2 oz of hash into the old lady's pocket?

mexicanjunior
08-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Who was at risk from this old lady?

If the woman was truly disoriented and non-responsive to requests to put the knife down, she could have panicked and cut anyone walking by her just from being startled. Imagine if she dug that knife into a child in that parking lot...the police would have been fried for not doing something sooner to get the knife away from her. 84 or not, she was dangerous...

U.S.A.F.
08-12-2009, 05:15 PM
"Black cougar down!"

"Black cougar down!"

bigzak25
08-12-2009, 05:20 PM
she coulda buttered the shit outa that cop...

they can't take that chance.

jack sommerset
08-12-2009, 05:47 PM
she coulda buttered the shit outa that cop...

they can't take that chance.

Is the lady dead? Does she have any injuries that won't heal? What on earth makes you think the old lady got mistreated? She had a knife, The officer took her down. Simple. The officer could have shot her. The officer could have tasered her. The officer could have billy club her old ass. Instead the officer put her to the ground. Big fucking DEAL! :lol

IceColdBrewski
08-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Is the lady dead? Does she have any injuries that won't heal? What on earth makes you think the old lady got mistreated? She had a knife, The officer took her down. Simple. The officer could have shot her. The officer could have tasered her. The officer could have billy club her old ass. Instead the officer put her to the ground. Big fucking DEAL! :lol

Don't let common sense get in the way of a good cop bashing.

I honestly don't understand the objective of demonizing the police every time something like this happens. Would people rather have the military roaming the streets?