PDA

View Full Version : NFL Head Coaches

Whisky Dog
08-12-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm a Cowboys Fan and love watching them play but honestly I don't think they're going to do Jack shit this year except disappoint for one reason - head coach. If you look at the history of the NFL a head coach is most times the difference between an average team and a contender. Since the Cowboys have Wade Phillips in that spot... They're going to be mediocre. Coaching in the NFL makes all the difference IMO. What does everyone here think?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I agree completely. A lot different than the NBA where other than a select few coaches, coaching doesn't really matter. A lot of the time bringing in a rookie coach improves the team tremendously, you never see that in basketball.

samikeyp
08-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm a Cowboys Fan and love watching them play but honestly I don't think they're going to do Jack shit this year except disappoint for one reason - head coach. If you look at the history of the NFL a head coach is most times the difference between an average team and a contender. Since the Cowboys have Wade Phillips in that spot... They're going to be mediocre. Coaching in the NFL makes all the difference IMO. What does everyone here think?

agree 100%