PDA

View Full Version : Times you won't listen to the voicemail

phxspurfan
08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
For me, it's

- if I see it's more than a minute long (I have an iPhone, so you can see on the display)

- from someone you can't stand

- from someone who lives/works/is right next to you

- from someone who you're talking to on the phone at that very moment

But really it's the whole minute long one. I hate those. People need to ramble less and get to the point.

David Bowie
08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Someone left me a voicemail that was over 5 minutes long, and it wasn't even for me. It was some dude trying to call "Arthur" and describing his day, including grocery shopping, in a lot of detail.

ashbeeigh
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
someone who e-mails and then calls...or calls and then e-mails. Pick one or the other dude. Unless it's protocol to do both.

mexicanjunior
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
If it's someone I plan on calling right back anyway...

mrsmaalox
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I don't even set up my voicemails. I can't stand getting messages that say "Um I guess you aren't there, I'll try you at home (or cell or whatever)" :bang

There are plenty of ways to contact me if they really need to.

bigzak25
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
mother in law, sister in law...delete delete delete!

Dex
08-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Ever.

I can go weeks without checking my voicemail. People who know me know better than to leave any vital information there.

phxspurfan
08-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I have a gf who thinks I play games w/her bc I don't check my vm 20x/day. I hate that.

Frenzy
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I rarely hear them out. i just call back...later

Summers
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
What a bunch of bitches. :lol Check your voicemail; it might be important.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
For some reason I like checking them like a week later.

Xolotl
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't even set up my voicemails. I can't stand getting messages that say "Um I guess you aren't there, I'll try you at home (or cell or whatever)" :bang

There are plenty of ways to contact me if they really need to.

This is exactly what I choose to do. It says no voicemail has been set up

lefty
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm too lazy to check my voicemail on my cell.

SA210
08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
It's ok to leave me a voicemail if it's important info. Actually my buddies leave retarded messages that are pretty funny talkin smack and stuff, so those are enjoyable. But there is this one friend of mine, seriously, it never fails.

He leaves a message every single time that he calls. Every time. And it's always the same, "hey it's Anthony, call me whenever you get this message".

I'm not really rude to people about things like this, but I've told him as nicely as possible, "Dude, I see your number on my missed calls, I'll call you back anyway" I tell him that I hardly check my messages if i'm really busy.

But if I missed his call, I know that annoying tone on my phone is going to ring and let me know he left a message everytime. It kills me :lol

I just wait a few seconds, I know it's coming, and there is the tone. Damnit! :lol

I already know what he's saying, but I have to go into my voicebox and delete it.

holcs50
08-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Yea fuck chicks and their constant texting/voicemail. Unbelievably annoying. If I don't answer, its because I dont want to and don't carry my phone with me every damn place I go. Then vm, vm, vm, text, text, text. If a girl does that you can bet your money they aren't gettng a return anytime soon. And they take it so personally if you don't get back to them in one day. I'm like wow, get a life besides living with your phone on your hip. Probably my pet peeve is people who can't live without their phone-its vital to take it everywhere-and expect people to get back to them within 30 minutes. Annoying to say the least

SA210
08-13-2009, 12:58 AM
I can't stand how some people feel the need to text all the time, long conversations that go on for hours just thru texting. What the hell happened to "real" communication?

:pctoss

spursfan1000
08-13-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't even check my voice mail, id bet my voice mail is full..

jman3000
08-13-2009, 05:34 AM
voice mails are gay unless they have something to do with work.

If i see a missed call, I'll call back... if I see 2 missed calls within a short time frame, I'll know it's important and call back expediently.

SA210
08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
If i see a missed call, I'll call back... if I see 2 missed calls within a short time frame, I'll know it's important and call back expediently.

angel_luv
08-13-2009, 01:09 PM

:tu

I screen my calls using my caller id. Also there are certain times of day when I will turn off my cell phone- just to have a break from the silly thing.

Usually, I will have returned a person's call before listening to their voicemail.

Bo has a special ring tone so I know it is him and to take that particular call or text.

katyon6th
08-13-2009, 03:05 PM
When it's my mom. Sad but true. She has conversations with herself on my voicemail; same conversations she'd have with me if I answered.

mavs>spurs2
08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
I never listen to voicemails from this Katy chick that's stalking me

Minnie Mouse
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
If I can't click it, I forget it

Dex
08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
What a bunch of bitches. :lol Check your voicemail; it might be important.

:lmao

If it was important, they'd call twice.

Or PM me on Spurstalk. :wakeup

Dex
08-13-2009, 03:49 PM
BTW, the text was the best thing to happen to telecommunication since Caller ID.

160 characters. Gets the point across without the riff-raff.