PDA

View Full Version : Vick to Steelers?

Phillip
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I heard rumors Vick may go to the Steelers.

if they were smart, they would bench the rapist for him.

rjv
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
not a bad fit for him.

dougp
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Is he gonna play RB/HB? Because there's no way in hell I'd start him over BigBen.

jack sommerset
08-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Big Ben is a HOF. Vick is a..... I have no clue.

KSeal
08-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Fuck the Steelers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I guess one douche bag at QB isn't enough.

Spursfan092120
08-12-2009, 07:21 PM
I guess one douche bag at QB isn't enough.
:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-13-2009, 12:08 AM
:lmao

As much as I hate Vick I still like him more than fat Ben.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 12:11 AM
As much as I hate Vick I still like him more than fat Ben.
yeah..Ben's been overrated for a while, IMO...he's not horrible, but he's not phenomenal like some seem to think. And he REALLY seems like a douche...like you mentioned.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
yeah..Ben's been overrated for a while, IMO...he's not horrible, but he's not phenomenal like some seem to think. And he REALLY seems like a douche...like you mentioned.

I think we've talked about this before but all QB's who gravytrain a stud defense to a superbowl are usually overrated....Eli Manning being another example.

dirk4mvp
08-13-2009, 12:22 AM
It does suck that some qb's luck into an all time great defense backing him, while others get put with average to shit defenses.

Goran Dragic
08-13-2009, 12:24 AM
It does suck that some qb's luck into an all time great defense backing him, while others get put with average to shit defenses.

No joke, as dumb as the ring argument is in basketball, it's even dumber in football.

Warlord23
08-13-2009, 12:43 AM
So just because Ben has a great defense, he is automatically overrated? The guy has one of the poorer O-lines in the league and yet pulls out clutch play after clutch play. The Cardinals shred the Steelers D in their last couple of drives, and Ben had to put together a drive for the ages to get the job done.

He is a top 5 QB in this league. Having a 60% pass completion in both the regular season and the playoffs is one heck of an effort with that putrid O-line. Steelers' run game was highly suspect this year, and Ben took all the pressure against defenses geared up to stop the passing game. With that kind of offensive support, chokers/underachievers like McNabb, Rivers, Cutler and Romo would have played so badly they'd have been booed at home games.

Sure he gets sacked, but so did Elway. What matters is that he gets the job done when needed, just like Elway.

LOL at comparing him with Vick. You guys' penis envy is at its zenith. Comes with being a Raiders fan I suppose. Another wasted decade of waiting for Al Davis to die is all you got to look forward to.

Goran Dragic
08-13-2009, 12:47 AM
So just because Ben has a great defense, he is automatically overrated? The guy has one of the poorer O-lines in the league and yet pulls out clutch play after clutch play. The Cardinals shred the Steelers D in their last couple of drives, and Ben had to put together a drive for the ages to get the job done.

Fuckin Rec Grossman was able to lead a comeback victory against the Clancy Penderghast soft zone. It's not really impressive to lead a drive for the ages when you're playing against a defensive coordinator known for giving up drives for the ages.

Goran Dragic
08-13-2009, 12:50 AM
He is a top 5 QB in this league.

Brady
Peyton
Brees
McNabb
Rivers

Try again.

Goran Dragic
08-13-2009, 12:52 AM
chokers/underachievers like McNabb, Rivers, Cutler and Romo would have played so badly they'd have been booed at home games.

If McNabb had Big Ben's offensive supporting cast and Big Ben's defense, he'd have a few superbowls by now.

Warlord23
08-13-2009, 01:09 AM
Fuckin Rec Grossman was able to lead a comeback victory against the Clancy Penderghast soft zone. It's not really impressive to lead a drive for the ages when you're playing against a defensive coordinator known for giving up drives for the ages.

Grossman has done that how many times in his career?

If you want a better defensive coordinator, how about Rex Ryan? The Steelers beat them 3 times last season with 2 of those games being decided by 4 points or less.

Goran Dragic
08-13-2009, 01:24 AM
Grossman has done that how many times in his career?

If you want a better defensive coordinator, how about Rex Ryan? The Steelers beat them 3 times last season with 2 of those games being decided by 4 points or less.

What was a bigger factor, Fat Ben being able to lead one game winning drive? Or Pittsburg's D being able to shut down Baltimore the entire game.

Btw, overrated doesn't = bad, it equals overrated. I simply think the media overrates the hell out of Rothlisberger.

Warlord23
08-13-2009, 01:30 AM
If McNabb had Big Ben's offensive supporting cast and Big Ben's defense, he'd have a few superbowls by now.

McNabb has had one of the best pass-rushing defenses in the league for several years. You can argue that he has let them down as much as they have let him down.

No doubt McNabb has had some bigtime plays through his career. But he has had too many sub-par seasons with less than 60% completion and/or less than 7 YPA to be called a dominant force who doesn't win because he doesn't have the right team around him with (an argument you can make with Brees). Also don't forget the eminently winnable big games the eagles lost because of his accuracy issues (2002 NFCCG vs the Bucs, 2003 NFCCG vs Carolina, SB 39 vs the Pats, this year vs the Cards).

Warlord23
08-13-2009, 01:35 AM
What was a bigger factor, Fat Ben being able to lead one game winning drive? Or Pittsburg's D being able to shut down Baltimore the entire game.

Btw, overrated doesn't = bad, it equals overrated. I simply think the media overrates the hell out of Rothlisberger.

Definitely the D was better than Ben. Nobody argues that, I mean its the best D in the league. But he still had to get the job done against one of the best D's when they knew Pitt was reluctant to run the ball.

I agree overrated doesn't = bad. If they called him an equal of Peyton or Brady it's a case of overrating. IMO the only clearcut better QBs are Peyton, Brady, Brees and Warner. But Ben is in the second tier of QBs with Rivers/Cutler/McNabb, therefore he is an arguable top 5.

Spur|n|Austin
08-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Is he gonna play RB/HB? Because there's no way in hell I'd start him over BigBen.

No team is looking at him to be a starting QB, for now at least.

Sdayi135
08-13-2009, 02:21 AM
McNabb has had one of the best pass-rushing defenses in the league for several years. You can argue that he has let them down as much as they have let him down.

No doubt McNabb has had some bigtime plays through his career. But he has had too many sub-par seasons with less than 60% completion and/or less than 7 YPA to be called a dominant force who doesn't win because he doesn't have the right team around him with (an argument you can make with Brees). Also don't forget the eminently winnable big games the eagles lost because of his accuracy issues (2002 NFCCG vs the Bucs, 2003 NFCCG vs Carolina, SB 39 vs the Pats, this year vs the Cards).

Aside from TO he never had a reliable WR

spursfan1000
08-13-2009, 04:22 AM
Bench the rapist? Who is that? I don't really follow NFL.

Phillip
08-13-2009, 06:49 AM
McNabb >>> Ben

ATRAIN
08-13-2009, 07:30 AM

Says the guy who is all over Romos nuts. Big Ben >>>>>>Romo

J.T.
08-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Big Ben is a HOF.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Goran Dragic
08-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Wow Warlord23, one thing I actually disagree with is you saying Warner > Ben :lol

I love what Warner has done for AZ but when you factor in the fumbles, injury concern, random shit my pants games he has, and the great weapons he had, I'd say Warner either = Ben or is slightly < Ben, right now anyways.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I think we've talked about this before but all QB's who gravytrain a stud defense to a superbowl are usually overrated....Eli Manning being another example.
Yep...I pretty much agree with that 100%.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Says the guy who is all over Romos nuts. Big Ben >>>>>>Romo
idiot...I think Romo is a good QB, yes. But I don't think he's great. I know one thing for damn sure...Romo>>>>Schaub

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 10:16 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao
I think he means Horny Old Fucker

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EgcAqWkpjMk/SmaGotMcD3I/AAAAAAAAAM4/eRiUxJ4fuxk/s400/0721_ben_accuser_launch.jpg

samikeyp
08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
If the Steelers sign Vick, Old Man Rooney will climb out of his grave, light one of his big ass cigars and put it out in his grandson's eye.

J.T.
08-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Eh I disagree about Eli Manning. Dude played pretty well in the first three games. Their defense really won the Super Bowl, and that helmet catch play was sheer fucking luck coupled with the Patriots D chocking on the ghost of the monkey on Peyton Manning's back's dick, but the Eli Manning I knew before that postseason probably wouldn't have beaten Dallas. He stepped up for that run and most of the next season.

LakerHater
08-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Eh I disagree about Eli Manning. Dude played pretty well in the first three games. Their defense really won the Super Bowl, and that helmet catch play was sheer fucking luck coupled with the Patriots D chocking on the ghost of the monkey on Peyton Manning's back's dick, but the Eli Manning I knew before that postseason probably wouldn't have beaten Dallas. He stepped up for that run and most of the next season.

That is pretty well said!
http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/clap.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':clap:'))