PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watching the Lakers' games on NBATV?

Hornets1
08-12-2009, 04:55 PM
These games are awesome! I was just starting to watch bball in 87, and boston and LA were the cream of the crop(kinda like now). Watching Magic Johnson is sooo exciting! I really wish he wouldn't have gotten sick and played another 5-7 years.:toast

Culburn369
08-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I DVR'ed 'em. I know its a bit sacraligeous, but, they're a little tedious for me after the fact. I'm sure its just the lack of suspense, but, even that new Lakers Championship video remains sealed on the shelf where I put it a month ago.

The IDEA of these retrospective videos are always better than the actual sit down with them.

Even live the ultimate joy never out weighs the relief of the misery when we're triumphant.

Culburn369
08-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I really wish he wouldn't have gotten sick and played another 5-7 years.:toast

He screwed up and reacted too quickly. Buss tried to get him to wait over the weekend, but, Magic was adamant and did the press conference. Of course he regretted it soon after and then Malone screamed AIDs all over the joint.

Then they finally got Malone settled down, Magic comes back, but, he's out of shape and so instead of taking that off season to get into game shape, he quits again. It was a f'in mess. Now I hate to admit it, but a lasting impression of him is Magic pushing that referee. Jesus Christ!

BlackBellamy
08-12-2009, 06:52 PM
He screwed up and reacted too quickly. Buss tried to get him to wait over the weekend, but, Magic was adamant and did the press conference. Of course he regretted it soon after and then Malone screamed AIDs all over the joint.

Then they finally got Malone settled down, Magic comes back, but, he's out of shape and so instead of taking that off season to get into game shape, he quits again. It was a f'in mess. Now I hate to admit it, but a lasting impression of him is Magic pushing that referee. Jesus Christ!

He didn't really push him, more of a chest bump. It was Steve Foster, right?

Culburn369
08-12-2009, 07:23 PM
He didn't really push him, more of a chest bump. It was Steve Foster, right?

Yes, more of a chest bump. I thought it was a referee of a more common name though. Was it Bavetta?

Culburn369
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
addendum:::Bell, and that was at the same time when there was a rash of pushing and touching the refs. Remember? Even Van Exel had done it not too long before Magic did it and Magic had admonished him sternly for it. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

cobbler
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
What these replays tell me most is....

.... I sure miss Chick Hearn! The GOAT play by play announcer.

Culburn369
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Yes. I was just in there watching the NBA Channel and he gave Lantz a red ass over a Byron Scott foul call. LOL!!!!!!!!!

I never got to enjoy Hearn. He died a month before I got my first NBA package.

Spursfan092120
08-12-2009, 07:34 PM

Chick was phenomenal.

Donkeybong
08-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Chick is the greatest announcer ever. He was so original and funny at times with his commentary. And he never missed a beat when calling the plays! He was like the whole city's grandfather, where you could listen to him tell stories for hours.

kromediablo
08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
NBA tv sucks offseason...too much rucka park streetball reruns!