PDA

View Full Version : Questions??

SuperSpur
04-09-2005, 11:59 AM
If the Mavs wind up with a better record than the Sonics. Would the Sonics still be the 3rd seed because they are their division champ?

If so, wouldn't that mean that the Spurs would be playing the true 4th seed in round two?

SuperSpur
04-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Can anyone verify this?

Solid D
04-09-2005, 12:54 PM
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

The division winners in each conference get the top 3 seeds. See link above showing current seeds in each conference and compare records.

Summers
04-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Somebody beat me to it. :) This is also a good link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/matchups

polandprzem
04-09-2005, 01:08 PM
I just can't believe someone asking bout that.

Like I couldn believe Whottt about his seedings.

exstatic
04-09-2005, 01:10 PM
The division winners in each conference get the top 3 seeds.

For the FIRST round. After that, it reverts to real records, so yes, SA could draw Dallas in the second round if Dallas finishes with a better record than SEA.

baseline bum
04-09-2005, 01:31 PM
The bracket is static... ie, it's set in stone before the playoffs begin, based upon seedings. Records are only used to determine homecourt advantage in an individual series. As long as the Spurs hold on to that 2 seed they'll play the winner of 3 vs. 6 in the second round, provided they get there.

SuperSpur
04-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-09-2005, 01:58 PM
The bracket is static... ie, it's set in stone before the playoffs begin, based upon seedings. Records are only used to determine homecourt advantage in an individual series. As long as the Spurs hold on to that 2 seed they'll play the winner of 3 vs. 6 in the second round, provided they get there.

you are right

MannyIsGod
04-09-2005, 02:18 PM
For the FIRST round. After that, it reverts to real records, so yes, SA could draw Dallas in the second round if Dallas finishes with a better record than SEA.

Wrong. See the thread where Whottt has it explained to him. He thought the same thing you did. I forgot which thread that was in though.

CHAMPS AGAIN
04-09-2005, 05:14 PM

WRONG,dallas will lose in the first round.if the playoffs started today the SPURS would only meet the mavs. in the WCF,but the mavs.will lose in the first round :lol :lol :lol :drunk

exstatic
04-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Uh, ___ramento is NOT beating Dallas.