PDA

View Full Version : Excited about the new Spur

lurker23
08-13-2009, 04:45 AM
This international guy that the Spurs are adding to the mix is just SICK!

cNb-PujGKbI

TOf2axeWHgk

I can't wait to see him in action!

:hungry:

sonic21
08-13-2009, 04:48 AM
but is he better than JJ?

:stirpot:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-13-2009, 08:17 AM
I love Manu. :D

urunobili
08-13-2009, 09:07 AM
but is he better than JJ?

:stirpot:

both you and benefactor have turned into troll category for each single thread/post it's made about Manu trying to bring shit about other threads...

Memo just in case you haven't got it already: there is a reason why you're not being answered, and it is there are long ass threads already build to discuss Manu vs. JJ or Manu vs Dirk as the second banana. There is no need to troll new ones with different intentions.

Thanks in advance.

mabrignani
08-13-2009, 09:10 AM
both you and benefactor have turned into troll category for each single thread/post it's made about Manu trying to bring shit about other threads...

Memo just in case you haven't got it already: there is a reason why you're not being answered, and it is there are long ass threads already build to discuss Manu vs. JJ or Manu vs Dirk as the second banana. There is no need to troll new ones with different intentions.

Thanks in advance.

chill out bro, im sure they are just yoking

sonic21
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM

Thanks in advance.

i was just joking. And is it that different than you saying Manu > Dirk in the JJ vs Manu poll?

And i did vote for manu in that thread.

SonOfAGun
08-13-2009, 09:59 AM
After a 2 year hiatus, SUPERMANu has returned.

MB20
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
The " steal - pass between Fisher´s legs to Tony - Tony pass to Manu behind the back - Manu pass to Tony for the easy points " play vs de Lakers was AMAZING.

Old School 44
08-13-2009, 10:53 AM
I miss high-flying Manu!

lefty
08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
Church of Manu !!!!!!!

easy7
08-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Prepare to be violated by the second banana... :hat

TIMMYD!
08-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I really hope this is the manu we see next year.

TIMMYD!
08-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Whenever manu dunks it's not just a regular dunk, I mean he always dunks it on someone.

Dex
08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
One thing I've noticed is a lot of the pundits are lauding the Jefferson trade because it gives the Spurs "insurance in case Ginobili goes down".

I understand that he's had a rough two years as a player. I understand that it's questionable whether he'll stay healthy considering the way he plays, and this history. But I also think it's foolhardy to write him off on another injury already.

Both we, and the rest of the NBA, has gotten used to the Spurs sans Ginobili. That's why people just don't feel us as a threat anymore.

If Manu comes back healthy next season, that alone is a huge boost to the efficiency and morale of the team compared to the past couple years. Combine that with Richard Jefferson, Antonio McDyess, and some young guns who could be coming into their own (Hill, Mahinmi, Blair, Haislip) and this is easily one of the most exciting squads the Spurs have had in a while.

Tom The Spurs Dude
08-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Manu what's a Manu? LOL Ginobili!!!! let's do this baby!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Manu is the man.

rjv
08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
One thing I've noticed is a lot of the pundits are lauding the Jefferson trade because it gives the Spurs "insurance in case Ginobili goes down".

I understand that he's had a rough two years as a player. I understand that it's questionable whether he'll stay healthy considering the way he plays, and this history. But I also think it's foolhardy to write him off on another injury already.

Both we, and the rest of the NBA, has gotten used to the Spurs sans Ginobili. That's why people just don't feel us as a threat anymore.

If Manu comes back healthy next season, that alone is a huge boost to the efficiency and morale of the team compared to the past couple years. Combine that with Richard Jefferson, Antonio McDyess, and some young guns who could be coming into their own (Hill, Mahinmi, Blair, Haislip) and this is easily one of the most exciting squads the Spurs have had in a while.

exactamundo. every GM in the league knows that the spurs are under the radar only because the health of manu and tim are question marks. but if they answer them with healthy seasons then you have the triumverate of manu, tim and tony back and this is the nucleus of all the championship teams since 2003. add to the mix the best big man tim has had since david, a college player who could have been a lottery pick if not for the report on the ACLs scaring off teams, the best 4th option the spurs have ever had, a more polished back up PG, mason with a year under his belt, some other young guns such as mahimini finally being asked to contribute as well as solid veterans in finley and ratliff and there is a lot of reason to be pumped up. and all because we know how special the spurs are when manu is healthy. even kobe stated in his god awful documentary when commenting on manu: "that's a bad boy right there".

Blackjack
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
After a 2 year hiatus, SUPERMANu has returned.

I was unaware that Clark Kent was Jamaican...

So Superman is pronounced: Super-Mawn?

Blackjack
08-13-2009, 12:55 PM

The importance of a healthy Manu can't be understated, so Jefferson as insurance?

Insurance for what exactly?

If Manu isn't close to the player he was before he injured his self during the Phoenx series, the only insurance RJ might be able to give the Spurs is a second round appearance. That's might.

Brazil
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
thanks lurker23 ! I almost forgot that the most important in this offseason is Manu sick Ginobili.

My favorite action is the TP / Manu one huge

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Loved the Youtube top ten play list. IMO that steal and dunk over Yao should have been higher on the list. And the steal and between the legs pass against LA I'd of probably put #1. That was beautiful.

Bender
08-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Loved the Youtube top ten play list. IMO that steal and dunk over Yao should have been higher on the list. And the steal and between the legs pass against LA I'd of probably put #1. That was beautiful.
great stuff. I remember many of those games. I kind of like play #8, the spinning fallaway over odom.

SpursWench21
08-13-2009, 03:01 PM
MANU! the lakers one with tp is just...awesome

Cant wait for the return of arguably one of the best and most entertaining Spurs in history:toast

slacker77
08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
any updates?

rjv
08-13-2009, 03:52 PM
any updates?

he is, according to pop, fully recovered and the phrase pop used about manu's health for this year was that he is "cautiously optimistic".

NRHector
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
this kid is good ole ole ole ole oleee oleee

peskypesky
08-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Manu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWS-1994
08-14-2009, 12:03 AM
If Manu isn't 100%, does that make him the 4th option?

lurker23
08-15-2009, 12:43 AM
It's too easy to forget how good Manu Ginobili is, and how good he's capable of being in the Spurs system. Hopefully we'll have a full season and postseason where he won't let anyone forget.