PDA

View Full Version : Obamabot poses as physician at town hall

DarrinS
08-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Do you think she'll get the same body cavity search media treatment that was given to Joe the Plumber?

Patterico and Lone Star Times capture yet another banner moment from a town-hall forum hosted by Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) . In this clip, Roxana Mayer introduces herself as a doctor (a general practitioner for four years) in order to support ObamaCare and Jackson-Lee in a fairly hostile crowd. For her efforts, she gets a big hug from the Congresswoman, an image which the Houston Chronicle featured prominently on their website coverage of the event.

But was Mayer really a doctor?

yxna9SfmBgs

Not only was Mayer not a doctor, Roxana Mayer was an Obama delegate, as Patterico discovered with some digging. What’s more, the Houston Chronicle apparently knew this and failed to include it in its glowing coverage of Mayer’s appearance. The reporter, Cindy Horswell, has admitted that she knew Mayer was an Obama delegate and that Mayer didn’t live in Jackson-Lee’s district when she wrote the Chronicle story. After getting exposed, the Chronicle quietly changed the caption on the photo without issuing a correction, removing the reference to Mayer being a doctor.

Be sure to read all of the posts for a great rundown of an excellent catch by Patterico and Lone Star Times. At the moment, no one has any evidence that Jackson-Lee, the White House, or Organizing for America had anything to do with getting this imposter the microphone to ask a sympathetic question and make sympathetic declarations at the town-hall forum. However, the odds of that happening as a coincidence with an Obama delegate seem a little long.

Link to Houston Chronicle story. (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6569039.html)

excerpt

One supporter, Roxana Mayer, praised the reform plan for overhauling a broken system.

“I don't know what there is in the bill that creates such panic,” she said.

Mayer identified herself as a physician who does not live in Jackson Lee's district. However, her name does not appear in the database maintained by the Texas Medical Board, which licenses all doctors in Texas.

In an e-mail to the Chronicle on Thursday morning, Mayer confirmed she is not a licensed physician.

"I have been advised to refrain from making any further statements," she said.

Looks like she's getting a masters in social work at UofH. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roxana-mayer/6/131/148

clambake
08-13-2009, 09:48 AM
joe is not a plumber........so.......i don't know where you're going with this, mr. birther.

DarrinS
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
joe is not a plumber........so.......i don't know where you're going with this, mr. birther.

I'm not surprised. You don't seem to pick up on the obvious.

clambake
08-13-2009, 09:53 AM
it should be obvious that few people play your vids. you see, the first thing you said was "joe the plumber", and everybody knows that joe isn't a plumber.

besides...i'm in kenya.....right now....for you, mr.birther.

SonOfAGun
08-13-2009, 09:56 AM
L M F A O

Damn those are some crooked motherfuckers.

DarrinS
08-13-2009, 10:00 AM

You can call me a "birther" all you want. It's not working.

clambake
08-13-2009, 10:01 AM
You can call me a "birther" all you want. It's not working.

cheer up. i hear israel would welcome you!

101A
08-13-2009, 10:08 AM

Joe makes his money "plumbing" - he doesn't have a commercial plumber's license.

What would you call him?

DarrinS
08-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Looks like she's getting a masters in social work at UofH. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/roxana-mayer/6/131/148

I had to do a double-take at something I saw on this page.

University of Houston
BA , Psychology/Sociology , 1995 — 2008

:wow Wow! The 13 year plan.

clambake
08-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Joe makes his money "plumbing" - he doesn't have a commercial plumber's license.

What would you call him?

i guy that lied about his job and intentions from beginning to end.

clambake
08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I had to do a double-take at something I saw on this page.

:wow Wow! The 13 year plan.

leave palin alone.

z0sa
08-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Lol

DarrinS
08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
This career student and fake doctor was a lead organizer for "Organizing for America" back in Mar. 2008.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/4r9wf

jack sommerset
08-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow. This story has some legs. Another plant. Shocking!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously shocked. No bullshit.

angrydude
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I think the real story is the Houston Chronicle ran the story as legit even though they knew it was fake.

Bender
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I think the real story is the Houston Chronicle ran the story as legit even though they knew it was fake.
me too. that's as bad as the plant itself.

Viva Las Espuelas
08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
it should be obvious that few people play your vids. you see, the first thing you said was "joe the plumber", and everybody knows that joe isn't a plumber.

:lmao

what an idiot. you're in kenya and your wasting your time in spurstalk spewing out the same "i know what you are, but what am i" crap you love doing. but you spend $100+ on oil changes so i'm not at all surprised. carry on.

Crookshanks
08-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey, if you're in Kenya right now, maybe you can find Obama's brother George and give him a few bucks. :lol

Shastafarian
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Man this is almost as bad as feeding questions to a fake reporter during press conferences...

jack sommerset
08-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey, if you're in Kenya right now, maybe you can find Obama's brother George and give him a few bucks. :lol

That's more than Obama has given him.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
:lol This the same kind of digging Republicans were whining about with Joe and Palin.

Now, it's acceptable to you guys. :tu

I always thought it was.

Crookshanks
08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
:lol This the same kind of digging Republicans were whining about with Joe and Palin.

Now, it's acceptable to you guys. :tu

I always thought it was.
Hey Chump - get back to us when government offices start investigating this woman's tax returns and arrest records and anything else they can find.

Journalists are SUPPOSED to investigate and verify, which is what was done in the case of the phony woman doctor.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Chump - get back to us when government offices start investigating this woman's tax returns and arrest records and anything else they can find.Why would arrest records be such a horrible thing to know? They are public, are they not?

Journalists are SUPPOSED to investigate and verify, which is what was done in the case of the phony woman doctor.Maybe they'll ask her what periodicals she reads, too.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Ultimately, that's what happens when you make yourself a public figure. One should probably have one's shit together and not lie so much, no matter what one's political leanings may be.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow. This story has some legs. Another plant. Shocking!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously shocked. No bullshit.
Isn't there a federal law against impersonating a physician?

ElNono
08-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Isn't there a federal law against impersonating a physician?

I believe it's only if they actually attempt to provide care to you.

Wild Cobra
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I believe it's only if they actually attempt to provide care to you.
I think you are wrong. In any case they are providing health care advice and posing as a physician, I'm pretty sure it's a felony. Exclusions to this are of course in the acting field, but she posed as a real doctor!

Yes I could be wrong, but I really think I'm right on this one.

ElNono
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I think you are wrong. In any case they are providing health care advice and posing as a physician, I'm pretty sure it's a felony. Exclusions to this are of course in the acting field, but she posed as a real doctor!

Yes I could be wrong, but I really think I'm right on this one.

Look it up.

What I found with a cursory look is that if she didn't dispense any care advise, which seems to be the case in this instance, then she's not liable.
In the event she would dispense advise, then you might have a civil case for fraud.
The instances it turns into a criminal offense is if she attempts to actually practice care. You have battery if she touches you, statutory violations for practicing without a license, drug felony if she prescribes/dispenses drugs without a DEA license.