PDA

View Full Version : should pop leave devin brown off the playoff roster to ...

ducks
04-09-2005, 04:33 PM
keep his price low during the offseason?

brown to me is done this year. he is not a vet like duncan. he will have LOTS of rust. With big dog here I would not be surprised to see devin brown not on the playoff roster. Nazr has to be because duncan may miss a game and the spurs will need him in the playoffs.

nzkickass
04-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Marks >>>>>>Nazr

exstatic
04-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Brown should be left off the roster if his back isn't better, not for any other reason. He had a good post season run once he returned to action last year.

wildbill2u
04-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Brown should be left off the roster if his back isn't better, not for any other reason. He had a good post season run once he returned to action last year.

I agree. And as tight with the buch as the Spurs are, I don't believe they would leave Devin off simply to drive down his price for next year. Who knows, they might be faced with a trade that included him that would be beneficial to the club.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-09-2005, 06:30 PM
If devin is healthy enough to go, he makes the playoff roster, He's earned it.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I would leave him off the roster in favor of Glenn Robinson, just because of those stats that Whottt came up with that shows that when Devin has big games, they often come in losses, if his producing comes at the cost of games in the playoffs, lets keep a guy on board that can do what amounted to our achilles heel last year, a mid-range jumper.

Kori Ellis
04-09-2005, 06:41 PM
If Devin even has a chance to get healthy before the end of the postseason, I'd put him on the roster. You can't discount that he had a great series against the Lakers last year when no one else did. You can't ignore his athleticism.

The Spurs can leave off Linton, Wilks and one of three backup bigs (Mass/Nazr/Marks). They don't really need to save the roster spot for anyone else. So I say keep him on, even if you don't think he'll be ready until the second round or later.

ducks
04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
having the extra big is something to think about because tim can go down anytime with that ankle for a game. yes they will not win a title without tim but having a extra big could help if duncan went out for a game or to

Kori Ellis
04-09-2005, 07:23 PM
An extra big does nothing -- they don't need five bigs. They won't use more than four bigmen in the playoffs anyway. So it will be Duncan, Rasho, and Horry getting the bulk of the minutes and one more getting spot minutes. If Duncan weren't playing, it would be Rasho, Horry and one more getting the bulk of the minutes and one other getting spot minutes. They don't need five bigs on the playoff roster in any circumstance unless both Duncan and Rasho weren't playing. And if that were the case, who cares.

Das Texan
04-09-2005, 08:15 PM
An extra big does nothing -- they don't need five bigs. They won't use more than four bigmen in the playoffs anyway. So it will be Duncan, Rasho, and Horry getting the bulk of the minutes and one more getting spot minutes. If Duncan weren't playing, it would be Rasho, Horry and one more getting the bulk of the minutes and one other getting spot minutes. They don't need five bigs on the playoff roster in any circumstance unless both Duncan and Rasho weren't playing. And if that were the case, who cares.

true.

if two bigs get hurt we are fucked regardless so who cares.

if it were up to me...I'd say Mass is on the playoff roster, flip a coin between Nazr and Marks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-09-2005, 08:22 PM
They won't use more than four bigmen in the playoffs anyway.

I sure like the idea of more bigs for either Detroit or Miami, should we make it to the Finals.