PDA

View Full Version : I got a new ride. 2009 Toyota Matrix XRS.

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Isn't she beautiful?

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy160/blademaster1975/b68e4a93.jpg

angel_luv
08-13-2009, 02:46 PM
I can't see the pic but congrats on your new car. :)

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Strange photo link is not working.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy160/blademaster1975/b68e4a93.jpg

mavs>spurs2
08-13-2009, 02:49 PM
I see 2 cars

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 02:50 PM
2 is better than one.

gatoloco
08-13-2009, 02:51 PM
nice car!

but does it match your purse?

CosmicCowboy
08-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Watch out...Atrain will be calling you a richer...

Cry Havoc
08-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Congrats. :) Bet she'll carry a lot of bee..... cool stuff. :tu

PM5K
08-13-2009, 02:57 PM
If you like it, that's all that matters.

ATRAIN
08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Watch out...Atrain will be calling you a richer...

Actually I bought a 2010 Toyota Tundra 4x4 about a month ago, so does that make me a richer??

Nice car Heath.

James David Manning
08-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Is it clean in the outside?

Is is cream on the inside?

ICE CREAM PAINT JOB!!!

Bender
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
did you trade in a clunker?

duncan228
08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Congrats Heath.

timvp
08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Is it pink?

BacktoBasics
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Is it pink?His vagina is.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Vermilion.

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Its for my girl hence the red color. We did not qulaify with our clunker because we did not have it insured this past year because the tranny was out.

PM5K
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Its for my girl

Sure it is buddy......

:rolleyes

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 03:29 PM
LOL. Actually I wanted to get this really sweet Scion XD all black but she was really giving me the sweet talk on this car. It rides nice, pretty peppy 2.4L Decent gas 21city 29hwy

Silver21_Black20
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Its for my girl hence the red color.

It's cute for a girl.

BacktoBasics
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Don't you hate it when the tranny is out. Bitch should be available 24/7

mrsmaalox
08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Don't you hate it when the tranny is out. Bitch should be available 24/7

Trannys are unreliable; to much flip-flopping.

Nice car Heath :tu

Twisted_Dawg
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Mind me asking what you paid? I was looking at the Pontiac Vibe which is the same car to trade in my son's clunker.

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 08:23 PM
around 20k.

lefty
08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
You couldn't get a Ferarri ?

Heath Ledger
08-13-2009, 09:48 PM
The color is pretty damn close to Ferarri REd.

benefactor
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I just bought an '09 Vibe GT a couple of months back. I think it has the exact same engine as your Matrix as they are built on the same frame. It a fun little car...kinda like a rocket powered go cart. Here is a couple of pics of one that looks exactly like mine. I really like the interior and the 18" wheels.

http://images.cobaltgroup.com/9/8/1/688036189.jpg
http://images.cobaltgroup.com/1/0/2/688036201.jpg
http://images.cobaltgroup.com/7/3/2/688036237.jpg
http://images.cobaltgroup.com/3/1/2/688036213.jpg

lefty
08-13-2009, 10:17 PM
The color is pretty damn close to Ferarri REd.
That should do it :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Very cute is it a baby Prius?

CharlieMac
08-13-2009, 10:32 PM
That Matrix and Vibe are pretty nice. I just got an Outlander and its a small SUV that hauls some arse.

But damn, I didn't know those Matrixs looked that nice inside.

Frenzy
08-13-2009, 10:39 PM
it's a girl...congrats

Sense
08-14-2009, 12:18 AM
around 20k.

20k for that? LOL.

eyeh8u
08-14-2009, 01:44 AM
remember every NOS sticker adds 10 hp,

phyzik
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I think its funny when people describe their car as being "peppy". When I hear that word to describe a car, my mind automatically replaces it with the word "gay". :lol

I would die from laughter if I ever heard an F1 racer or something like that mutter that word during a post race interview.

"Yes, it was a good win, the car was running really peppy today...." :rollin

blizz
08-14-2009, 09:51 AM
you bought a car for your girl??? funny how the title is "I" got a new ride and when you start getting ribbed it's for your girl.

Heath Ledger
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Well I will be driving this thing as well. I picked out our last vehicle so I caved in on getting this one. I don't give a shit if people don't like the car.

In regards to it being peppy, for a little four banger it is very peppy. 158HP, Once I add a cold air intake it should get even better.

boutons_deux
08-14-2009, 10:47 AM
29 mpg highway is sucky for such a tiny car.

Heath Ledger
08-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I agree but it beats the 15mpg we get in our Isuzu Rodeo :)

benefactor
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Well I will be driving this thing as well. I picked out our last vehicle so I caved in on getting this one. I don't give a shit if people don't like the car.

In regards to it being peppy, for a little four banger it is very peppy. 158HP, Once I add a cold air intake it should get even better.
Yeah...I was really surprised when I hit the gas pedal. It's not as fast on the top end as my Mazda 6 but if I am stuck behind someone going 20-30mph and I hit the gas to go around them it's at 60 in a heartbeat. Let me know how the intake works out...I might put one on mine also.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Buy American.

Side note: I understand people outside Michigan and Ohio buying any car they desire. But I will never understand someone who lives, works and pays taxes in one of those two states buying anything but an American vehicle.

Youre basically sending your money not only out of the country, but out of your own state and community, too (which is waaaaaaay fucking worse). The shit is really starting to piss me off.

Heath Ledger
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Pandoras box has already been opened. My friend. It's cool to have American pride but the masses are all about dollars and cents.

Asians make better vehicles and at a competitive price. My grandfather worked for Ford for 35 years but that is not enough to sway me to buy one.

I understand where you are coming from as I was born and raised in the Detroit area.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Buy American.

Side note: I understand people outside Michigan and Ohio buying any car they desire. But I will never understand someone who lives, works and pays taxes in one of those two states buying anything but an American vehicle.

Youre basically sending your money not only out of the country, but out of your own state and community, too (which is waaaaaaay fucking worse). The shit is really starting to piss me off.

I bought a 2010 Toyota Tundra 2 months ago and it was made in San Antonio so Im helping out Texans thank you very much.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Pandoras box has already been opened. My friend. It's cool to have American pride but the masses are all about dollars and cents.

Asians make better vehicles and at a competitive price. My grandfather worked for Ford for 35 years but that is not enough to sway me to buy one.

I understand where you are coming from as I was born and raised in the Detroit area.

Well, when this area of the country is a ghost town and we as a nation can no longer manufacture a fucking bicycle, much less a tank, we'll all know why.

Because the Asians made shit cheaper (and better, supposedly). Just dont get all misty eyed when you see an American flag or lament pverty and recession, because what little a civilian could do for your country, you chose not to as a resident of a state where nearly 30% (total guess) of the tax base comes from some form of the automotive industry.

Dont be a UM fan, MSU fan, a WSU fan, an OSU fan, a Cavs fan, a Pistons fan, Wings fan, Lions fan, Browns or any other team of any sort from these two states.

Because reality is...when you buy foreign vehicles, youre hurting us. Mortally. Like seriously, we're never going to recover. We are all going to have to move somewhere else, take their jobs and contribute to their tax base.

Anyway, I am sorry about the rant Heath. Its your money, your business and I understand what people are thinking when they buy cars. It is your money and who the fuck am I to tell you what to do with it.

You could burn it in a pile of leaves. Actually, I'd much rather you do that then buy a foreign vehicle, but thats besides the point.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I bought a 2010 Toyota Tundra 2 months ago and it was made in San Antonio so Im helping out Texans thank you very much.

..and exactly whom does Toyota pay their corporate taxes to, hmm?

Moreover, just to show you how much you dont understand, do you even know if Toyota pays taxes in Texas?

Because I friggin doubt it.

Sure, their employees pay income taxes, but how much you want to bet Toyota built their plant and run their operation tax-free as an incentive for moving thier plant to Texas?

No, you didnt help Texas as much as you think you did. You really helped Japan, though.

JoeChalupa
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Buy American.

I can understand that. I was born in TX but grew up in Ohio where my dad worked and retired from GM. My dad has never owned anything but a Chevy and still drives a Chevy truck. We always buy an American vehicle.

JoeChalupa
08-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Would you work for Toyota?

clambake
08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
you know DR....it would have helped if the big 3 had offered something other than a shit platter.

i hear you, but i wonder if they can ever reclaim any consumer confidence. they had the world 50 years ago.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 01:09 PM
..and exactly whom does Toyota pay their corporate taxes to, hmm?

Moreover, just to show you how much you dont understand, do you even know if Toyota pays taxes in Texas?

Because I friggin doubt it.

Sure, their employees pay income taxes, but how much you want to bet Toyota built their plant and run their operation tax-free as an incentive for moving thier plant to Texas?

No, you didnt help Texas as much as you think you did. You really helped Japan, though.

Well who puts money in the pockets of the workers of the San Antonio plant. YES TOYOTA. My cousin works there so if im helping him keep his job im helping out TEXANS. Notice I said Texans, not TEXAS.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Well who puts money in the pockets of the workers of the San Antonio plant. YES TOYOTA. My cousin works there so if im helping him keep his job im helping out TEXANS. Notice I said Texans, not TEXAS.

Thats cool. Your loyalties lie with foreign companies who will close the San Antonio plant just as soon as they opened it at the first sign of trouble, all tax-free!

You do realize, as a Texan, you are indrectly paying for Toyota to be an employer there, yes?

So, in reality, you already helped your cousin by being a taxpayer.

Complain about Federal Bailouts all you like, southern states are far more guilty of subsidizing foreign companies than any other region in the United States.

You and your legislature are basically paying Toyota/Honda to open plants in your states. The amount of money you pay them is HUGE. Hundreds of billions of dollars.

Thats hundreds of billions of dollars your state will never have in taxes. Which will never pay for your state's expenses.

You and your southern ilk are guilty of kicking the can down the road, just like our Federal government. Laugh at the midwest now, its popular.

But know this. The MidWest has always been an indicator for the rest of the country. Texas, unlike everyone else, seems to be impervious to this trend, but that I think has to do with oil, but I am not entirely sure.

While the rest of the country was riding the high wave of the Bush years, we were already in the recession, losing jobs and generally being quite bitter about it.

Now the rest of the country experiences even the slightest increase in unemployment and job loss, and you have asshole's shouting at townhall meetings making a general ass of themselves and their cause.

Peeps up here are like "...and you thought this wasnt going to happen to you because...?"

Point is, the MidWest is the manufacturing heart of the United States. We provide the means and populace to make war, to manufacture goods from raw material and the like. The rest of the wa-hoos in this country produce nothing. Youre service industry, healthcare industry, lawyers, financers, bankers, clerks at WalMart and other profressions that cannot be exported like goods can.

This country will not last on such an economy. It cannot, its impossible. You either produce something or export resource (oil, in Texas' case). When those vital goods fall in value (never going to happen with oil), so does the economy of a state based on it.

Anyway, I am ranting. I think I am going to duck out of the conversation. I think I am also going to run the first Toyota I see off the road on the way home, or at the very least, force them to lock em up due to lane closure and me staying side-by-side on purpose. Its cathartic for me.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Thats cool. Your loyalties lie with foreign companies who will close the San Antonio plant just as soon as they opened it at the first sign of trouble, all tax-free!

You do realize, as a Texan, you are indrectly paying for Toyota to be an employer there, yes?

So, in reality, you already helped your cousin by being a taxpayer.

Complain about Federal Bailouts all you like, southern states are far more guilty of subsidizing foreign companies than any other region in the United States.

You and your legislature are basically paying Toyota/Honda to open plants in your states. The amount of money you pay them is HUGE. Hundreds of billions of dollars.

Thats hundreds of billions of dollars your state will never have in taxes. Which will never pay for your state's expenses.

You and your southern ilk are guilty of kicking the can down the road, just like our Federal government. Laugh at the midwest now, its popular.

But know this. The MidWest has always been an indicator for the rest of the country. Texas, unlike everyone else, seems to be impervious to this trend, but that I think has to do with oil, but I am not entirely sure.

While the rest of the country was riding the high wave of the Bush years, we were already in the recession, losing jobs and generally being quite bitter about it.

Now the rest of the country experiences even the slightest increase in unemployment and job loss, and you have asshole's shouting at townhall meetings making a general ass of themselves and their cause.

Peeps up here are like "...and you thought this wasnt going to happen to you because...?"

Point is, the MidWest is the manufacturing heart of the United States. We provide the means and populace to make war, to manufacture goods from raw material and the like. The rest of the wa-hoos in this country produce nothing. Youre service industry, healthcare industry, lawyers, financers, bankers, clerks at WalMart and other profressions that cannot be exported like goods can.

This country will not last on such an economy. It cannot, its impossible. You either produce something or export resource (oil, in Texas' case). When those vital goods fall in value (never going to happen with oil), so does the economy of a state based on it.

Anyway, I am ranting. I think I am going to duck out of the conversation. I think I am also going to run the first Toyota I see off the road on the way home, or at the very least, force them to lock em up due to lane closure and me staying side-by-side on purpose. Its cathartic for me.

LOL gawd damn man!! Well either way my last 3 cars were chevy and I decided to go with Toyota and im happy with my purchase but thanks for the lesson :).

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
you know DR....it would have helped if the big 3 had offered something other than a shit platter.

i hear you, but i wonder if they can ever reclaim any consumer confidence. they had the world 50 years ago.

50 years ago, the President was shot, Cuba was housing Russia's nuclear weapons, our country was 6 years away from being the closest to revolution it has ever been and man hadnt yet landed on the moon.

The world changed, so did the American people. I honestly dont buy the consumer confidence line. Its $$$, plain and simple. Its image, plain and simple.

Its socially acceptable now in 2009 to drive foreign cars, when 50 years ago it wasnt. Its cool and trendy now to drive a Lexus now, when only the rich drove a foreign car 50 years ago.

Blame gloablization, blame the Big 3 and their absolute shit cars they produced in the late 70s and 80s (those same decades that ATRAIN, myself and Heath have no recollection of), blame anything you want...

But dont blame the American Idiot. Dot blame states that 90-100% subsidize foreign corporations, dont blame foreign countries who tariff and tax our exports when we do not do the same to them. Dont blame the legislature that allows this practice to continue or the people pretending that it doesnt matter only because the effects of an eroding manufacturing base takes decades to feel. Thats just the free market at work.

I am sure the Romans saw nothing wrong with a slave population that outnumbered Romans. I am sure the Romans saw nothing wrong with an increasingly easy lifestyle sustained by past conquests and the subjugation/vassalage of foreign peoples. I am also quite certain, when the end came, nearly all of the Romans didnt know how it happened or what could have prevented it.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 02:03 PM
LOL gawd damn man!! Well either way my last 3 cars were chevy and I decided to go with Toyota and im happy with my purchase but thanks for the lesson :).

Its funny and humorous for you because it doesnt affect you or your state. But it will.

Why doesnt the rest of the country just start, I dont know...

Closing Texas military bases left and right so we can buy our military strength from foreign nationals, right?

Same thing, difference is, car companies arent a federal entity. But whoa whoa whoa...they received bailout money!!

So did the banks, so did your (and my) state. We're all living in fantasyland one way or the other.

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

clambake
08-14-2009, 02:23 PM
blame the Big 3 and their absolute shit cars they produced in the late 70s and 80s
this.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Its funny and humorous for you because it doesnt affect you or your state. But it will.

Why doesnt the rest of the country just start, I dont know...

Closing Texas military bases left and right so we can buy our military strength from foreign nationals, right?

Same thing, difference is, car companies arent a federal entity. But whoa whoa whoa...they received bailout money!!

So did the banks, so did your (and my) state. We're all living in fantasyland one way or the other.

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

I hate to tell you this but im prob never buying American made again so thanks for playing

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 02:28 PM
this.

Sooo, that explains under 30 year old ATRAIN buying foreign?

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I hate to tell you this but im prob never buying American made again so thanks for playing

Then move, thanks for staying!

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Whats next, a "kthxbai", too?

Or no, no, no...I got it.

"lol big3"

That'd be original.

clambake
08-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Sooo, that explains under 30 year old ATRAIN buying foreign?

maybe atrain never experienced the earlier quality of these products.

my first day here after moving to the states, i bought a 65 GTO.

shoulda kept that car.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Then move, thanks for staying!

NO thanks but thanks for being concerned. Dont blame me for the problems of the big 3. Blame them, they fucked themselves.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 03:42 PM
maybe atrain never experienced the earlier quality of these products.

my first day here after moving to the states, i bought a 65 GTO.

shoulda kept that car.

My point is, the majority of people buying cars now have no concept of the poor quality of American cars in the 70s and 80s.

Thats me included. I am 30 years old. Statistically, I am 8 years from my maximum earning potential, then its all downhill.

The 20-40 age group is buying cars in this country and they buy foreign over domestic by quite a margin.

So, my question is, why? What about foreign vehicles is more appealing than domestics? Because "poorly engineered" applies strictly to that era of automotive design and lets be honest, unless youre 50, you dont know shit about it (not you, CB).

I honestly cant explain it. Price isnt the difference. Performance might be because Toyota and nearly every other foreign car manufacturer have dedicated racing/performance companies (TRD), while domestics usually go 3rd party (Tenneco/SLP/Salene).

The look? I can buy that, I guess. Cant speak for people's taste, thats for sure.

What I dont understand is the open hostility to American cars younger people seem to have. They dont even have a good reason, just regurgitate old shit thats been said for years that isnt even true anymore.

Is it because modern image of a well-to-do, successful young person glorify everything foreign? Rap music for damn sure, BMW and Mercedes associated with success and sophistication of the popular celebrity.

Thats what I dont understand. Older people I get, they lived and probably bought a K-Car era vehicle and will never drop the grudge. 30-somethings?

You dont have an excuse to hold such a grudge. None. You can say you dont like them, werent for you, cost too much, whatever. But to say, like ATRAIN, "I'll never buy American!" and be proud of such a statement?! That is a socially and culturally acceptable statement? To "hate" American made goods and be proud of it? For no good reason?

Fucking bizzaro country, I tell ya. Did you know Canadians have more loyalty as a buying populace to the Big3 than Americans?

Fucking weird. As in, this-isnt-going-to-last-much-longer-at-the-rate-we're-going weird.

clambake
08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
kids absorb their parents bitching like a sponge. i'd guess all the hate was handed down, or grandfathered in, if you prefer.

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
kids absorb their parents bitching like a sponge. i'd guess all the hate was handed down, or grandfathered in, if you prefer.

Hmm, maybe. Might explain my loyalty in its own way, I guess.

Still, you drive a foreign car, you dont park in my driveway. Thats the rule my dad had, thats the rule among my friends. Dont like it? Dont come over, I really dont give a shit either way.

clambake
08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Hmm, maybe. Might explain my loyalty in its own way, I guess.

Still, you drive a foreign car, you dont park in my driveway. Thats the rule my dad had, thats the rule among my friends. Dont like it? Dont come over, I really dont give a shit either way.

that is serious loyalty.

could have used you in belfast.

benefactor
08-14-2009, 04:30 PM
My car is American, but it has a Toyota motor in it...but that wasn't why I bought it. I bought it because my car is a 2009 GT model, a used rental with only 13k, a Consumer Reports Best Buy and I got it for almost 4K below blue book.

Win.

Heath Ledger
08-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Dark Reign there is happiness outside of Michigan you seem very bitter like many o my friends, family, and people in general. I had to get away from all of that misery and pessimism and depression 12 yrs ago and have been much happier ever since.

Michigan is a great place to visit but shitty place to live these days

DarkReign
08-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I honestly wouldnt know any other way to be.

Supreme_Being
08-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I'll get an American car when they finally know how to make one (ie. get round corners).

Fillmoe
08-15-2009, 01:59 AM
fam how gay is u?

SonOfAGun
08-15-2009, 02:05 AM
I used to be diehard GM, but now....not so much.

My truck is 4k away from 100k miles and has had 0 problems though.

DarkReign
08-15-2009, 02:07 PM
My dad worked at GM for 30 years, and I am a Ford man myself.

phxspurfan
08-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I interned @ GM and can tell you their quality is way better than it used to be. They have sent most of their factory managers (ops) people to Japan to learn Kaizen and all the efficiency stuff that the Toyota people learned from Ford. Problem is the brand. It's tarnished beyond repair and they just need to scrap the brand and give it another go.

Also getting rid of the stupid 1 mill right for the whole 10,000 acre plant who sits on his ass and hides in teh basement while you wait for him to screw in a bolt UAW needs to get the boot as well.

benefactor
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I interned @ GM and can tell you their quality is way better than it used to be. They have sent most of their factory managers (ops) people to Japan to learn Kaizen and all the efficiency stuff that the Toyota people learned from Ford. Problem is the brand. It's tarnished beyond repair and they just need to scrap the brand and give it another go.

Also getting rid of the stupid 1 mill right for the whole 10,000 acre plant who sits on his ass and hides in teh basement while you wait for him to screw in a bolt UAW needs to get the boot as well.
It's good that GM and Toyota are working together. I had no idea that the Matrix/Vibe was a joint venture until I started doing some research. I can remember having friends in high school that had Pontiacs and they all said they were pieces of crap. I never would have bought one if I hadn't educated myself a little bit.

angelbelow
08-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice

Das Texan
08-16-2009, 01:55 AM
GM and Dodge are fucking morons.

I wish they had been allowed to go bankrupt for their total stupidty.

At least Ford woke up a few years ago and were able to avoid utter collapse essentially.

I cry no tear for GM. I cry even less tears for Dodge.

Idiot companies that deserve all they get and then some.

mookie2001
08-16-2009, 11:36 AM
american and foreign auto makers have been working together for years

mazda navajo or b2600, the eagle talon, dodge stealth

the matrix is a nice car but in general small SUVs, carSuvs, vancars, suvsedans are stupid

theyre all going to look like jokes of a car in a few years