PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk Fantasy Football Leagues - Official Sign Up

newacc
08-13-2009, 04:52 PM
*Read The 10th post to Learn How to Eliminate Paypal Fees (https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=KG5STPdpGjhz2c0GGLl1fzwTQgJXWf ZQ0snQGKhnvjT7NzHTGqQv%212118898639?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=11927&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9004) and other updates on securing your spot*

Kori and LJ have asked me to run the leagues this year. I forgot my password to my old account but some of you will remember Kris. Anyways, if you are apprehensive, Kori or LJ will certify this post soon enough.

As many of you know, all ST leagues are 100% payout outside of fees such as paypal or league fees. This season, the only such fees should be small paypal fees to cover the price of the transfer. We'll be using Yahoo with free stat tracker.

All leagues are live online draft and I will preside as commish for each league with rulings on any disputes being decided by me without any league votes. The main concern will always be trades. I'm always going to lean in favor of letting a trade go through - even if seemingly unfair. The only exceptions will be giving up on the season and collusion.

I'll create a few variances in scoring the different leagues based on any feedback I hear from those interested in participating.

If you have a preference, please chime in on settings such as:

QB TDs - 4 pts or 6pts
QB YDs - 1pt/25 yds or 1pt/40 yds

RB/WR YDs - 1pt/10 yds or 1pt/15 yds

Flex - Yes/No

Waivers - 2 days/1 day

I have slated 4 leagues available for SpursTalk:

$250 - 12 teams - Saturday, Sep 5 at 3:30 CST
$50 - 12 teams - Sunday, Sep 6 at 6:45 CST *EDITED*
$25 - 12 teams - Saturday, Aug 29 at 7:00 CST
$10 - 12 teams - Saturday, Aug 29 at 4:00 CST

I am only accepting players that can actually be at the live draft at this time. If it comes down to filling necessary spots, I'll accept pre-picked teams, but I will avoid this if at all possible.

Playoffs are 6 teams and as soon as the leagues are filled, I will let you know your draft positions.

If you would like to play in one, some or all of the leagues, first make sure you can make these dates and times and second pm me for paypal payment. I will only accept teams into leagues that have sent payment.

Rosters will be 18 players for 250 and 50 leagues. 25 and 10 will be 16 player rosters.

I will send out the draft order as soon as I have a league filled.

DRAFT TIMES MAY CHANGE. I have set times but I may need to change or switch them. This is unfortunate but part of the process. I will do my best to keep them as is.

RULES AND SETTINGS IMPORTANT. Obviously, I have not set the rules yet, but I will alert you through this thread when I do. It is imperative you know the rules AND settings before the draft so you know what to expect. I will not change these immediately before the draft, during the draft, or in season.

Please ask any questions in this post so I can answer them for everyone.

*If you are a member of the dynasty league, I will create a post in the FBJ forum.

EricB
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Im in as always for all of the above :)

Sausage
08-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Not sure if I want in the $25 or $50 dollar league, i'll be in one or the other, however.

Sausage
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
As far as scoring goes, the last few seasons this is what me and my friends have been using. Not saying we should use it, but to compare or to give an idea.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww242/svranger42/ff.jpg

newacc
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
THX for the suggestions.

My idea is to have 6 points for all TDs and no PPR.

Rec and Rus yards = 1 pt for 15 yards.

Pass yards = 1 pt for 40 yards.

That's what I'll default to unless I hear a few opinions to the contrary. In the end, I'd like to end up with what most people prefer.

TheTruth
08-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Bump

slick'81
08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
im in for the 10$ league just for the hell of it

Kori Ellis
08-14-2009, 09:23 PM
And to verify, yes these are the official SpursTalk leagues.. No one needs to doubt the original poster ;)

Thanks,

Kori

Mr Dio
08-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Kris, I'm down for the $250 & $50 DyNasty.
We still going to incrs the $250 to $300? OR was it more??

newacc
08-15-2009, 02:08 AM
I hadn't heard of increasing $250 to $300 - 250 is more than enough juice for me. I'm still open if that's the way the winds are blowing.

newacc
08-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Ok, a few updates on the leagues.

First, paypal fees are necessary because I'd literally end up footing the bill for about $300 in fees otherwise. However, if you want to avoid paying paypal fees, send paypal money over as a personal payment.

Read about sending a personal payment and not paying fees. (https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=KG5STPdpGjhz2c0GGLl1fzwTQgJXWf ZQ0snQGKhnvjT7NzHTGqQv%212118898639?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=11927&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9004)

Basically, it seems as if you charge your account with money and then send money from your account using the personal payment option (and live in the US), then you will really only pay your buy-in with no add-ons.

I'm not guaranteeing that is correct. It's just my interpretation. If you can potentially avoid the add-on costs, it's certainly worth a try. Once I receive your payment, I'll let you know if you were successful. If not, I'll ask for the remainder.

---------------------------------

Second, to make this go as smooth as possible and everyone gets credit for what they sign up for, here is a list of criteria I ask from everyone:

Title: League Sign-Up

1. Name
2. Paypal Email
3. Email you want me to invite you with
4. What Leagues You Are Signing Up for (10, 50, 50, 250)
5. Any Message or Notes

If you have questions or comments and aren't signing up, use

Title: Question (or comment/suggestion, etc.)

I know this seems over the top, but I have to keep the pms seperated so I can log each into an excel spreadsheet and know exactly who has paid for what. I also need to narrow down which PMs contain which information so in the event I need to find one, I don't have to open 4 or 5.

-------------------------------------------------

Third,

Suggestions on league scoring and settings will be welcome for the next 4 days so we can debate and decide. If I don't hear anything, I'll just come up with the scoring for the different leagues. I'd like there to be some nuances between the leagues just to mix things up.

-------------------------------------------------

Fourth,

I'll send the league invites as soon as I have full payment. If I don't have your money, you aren't in the league yet so make sure to get your payments in ASAP so I can process them, send you an invite to your league(s) - this is your confirmation, fill the leagues up, and send out draft order.

I'd like to see the draft order as fast as possible and I'm sure you would too so make sure to contact me and get your payments locked in.

------------------------------------------------------

Fifth, if you know someone that would like to play, by all means invite them or send me their email so I can contact them. Whether you're a current member of ST or not, everyone is invited to play.

My goal is to have these leagues fill up as fast as I possibly can. Don't miss out. This is on a first pay, first serve basis.

Thanks for helping me out. The PMs have been very helpful so far.

-------------------------------------------

DYNASTY SPURSTALK FF

DYNASTY LEAGUE IS NOW FULL

For all dynasty players, I need payment from everyone. Payment is $57.75. PM Me for my paypal.

Have any questions? I may be available for chat - try fantasyfootballblog {AT} live {DOT} com on MSN.

Kori Ellis
08-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Kris.. I sent you an email last night with a bunch of the email addresses of people who played in the $250 league last year. Some of them have been emailing me wanting to play again (but they aren't regular SpursTalk posters, so you'll have to email them).

Thanks!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-15-2009, 11:03 AM
No flex or PPR. Don't really care about the waiver rules.

Keep the scoring the same in the 250 as the last few years. I don't remember any chatter about raising the entry fee but have no problem doing so if y'all want to give it a whirl.

newacc
08-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Kris.. I sent you an email last night with a bunch of the email addresses of people who played in the $250 league last year. Some of them have been emailing me wanting to play again (but they aren't regular SpursTalk posters, so you'll have to email them).

Thanks!

Than You and I send out a mass email last night.

newacc
08-15-2009, 01:38 PM
No flex or PPR. Don't really care about the waiver rules.

Keep the scoring the same in the 250 as the last few years. I don't remember any chatter about raising the entry fee but have no problem doing so if y'all want to give it a whirl.

That's 3 no rule changes (me included).

YODA
08-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Yoda interested in $10 and $25 leagues.
[email protected]
Standard league for me.
Rather not use paypal, but will sign up if need be. Rather drop off somewhere.
Keep me update please.

newacc
08-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Leagues are now being advertised on FootballGuys forums. If you want in, make sure to get your team now. First pay, first serve.

LakerHater
08-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Is ther still room in the $50, $25 or $10 leagues!?

LakerHater
08-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Heres a list of what a friend of mine uses!

Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 300 yards

Passing Touchdowns 6

Interceptions -2

Sacks -1

Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Reception Yards 15 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards

Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards

Return Touchdowns 6

2-Point Conversions 2

Fumbles -.5

Fumbles Lost -2.5

Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Kickers League Value:

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3

Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3

Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3

Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4

Field Goals 50+ Yards 5

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -1.5

Point After Attempt Made 1

Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defense/Special Teams League Value:

Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2

Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2

Return Yards 25 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6

Points Allowed 0 points 10

Points Allowed 1-6 points 7

Points Allowed 7-13 points 4

Points Allowed 14-20 points 1

Points Allowed 21-27 points 0

Points Allowed 28-34 points -1

Points Allowed 35+ points -4

Defensive Players:

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist .5

Sack 1

Interception 2

Fumble Force .5

Fumble Recovery 2.5

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 2

Pass Defended .5

newacc
08-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Is ther still room in the $50, $25 or $10 leagues!?

Yes - still room.

newacc
08-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Potential Rule Changes to 250 League

1. If Thursday games, players will only be locked that played on thursday for waiver wires so other players can be picked up until Sunday

2. Divisional Settings: Three divisions, with the winner of each division and the runner up with the best record into the playoffs. The two teams with the next best records go in as well as "wild card teams".

3. One point per reception?

The time to draft is fast approaching in all leagues. If you're cool with me making the settings along with 1 or 2 other people in the league then that's fine but if you want a say in the rules/settings, now is the time to throw your hat into the ring.

I need to come up with the rules in the next 2 days for all leagues and once I do, that will be the end of it.

If you haven't contacted me yet, you really need to get going. I don't know what else to tell you. It's August 16th and I need to finalize the drafts.

Some drafts are endanger of not happening because I am getting no interest in a couple of the leagues. Don't play last minute on these drafts because I have to shut them down if I don't think I can get a league.

Full Refunds will be issued in the event a league cannot be made.

Sausage
08-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Perhaps you can let the others know how many spots are available for every league?

LakerHater
08-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Perhaps you can let the others know how many spots are available for every league?

This is good advice!!!!

newacc
08-16-2009, 07:21 PM
There are still plenty of spots available in each league but the number changes every 12 hours. If it gets down to the last 3, I'll let you know.

RocketsFan1114
08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey. Is the 250 league draft in danger of not happening? If thats the case can I get a spot in the 50 dollar league. I already paid for the 250 league so can u send me an invite to 50 dollar league and if the 250 doesnt happen you could just send me a 200 dollar refund.

08-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Still a nay on the PPR but I'm good with the first two proposals.

Felix Jones or Matt Stafford in the first?

RocketsFan1114
08-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Another vote against ppr from me.

newacc
08-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey. Is the 250 league draft in danger of not happening? If thats the case can I get a spot in the 50 dollar league. I already paid for the 250 league so can u send me an invite to 50 dollar league and if the 250 doesnt happen you could just send me a 200 dollar refund.

Yes it is in danger of not happening, but we still have some time to let some of the stragglers come in. I'm hoping they'll come to their senses before it's too late and they miss the entire season. Typically there's a mad push right before the league fills up and a few people get left out because they wait too long.

In the event a league doesn't formalize, I will send you a full refund and you can send over another payment the same way. This is easier for me as far as book keeping.

There is actually more signups for 250 than 50 right now. I think it's 6-4. I don't have my excel open right now.

By all means, if you know some other people that might be interested, send them my way.

If you're reading this and at all interested in the 10-25-50-250 league, send me a pm right away. If I don't get the interest soon, I will have to fold up shop.

If you're in a league and want to play, encourage and invite others to join.

Thank You very much!

Mr Dio
08-18-2009, 10:11 PM
QB TDs - 6pts

QB YDs - 1pt/25 yds

RB/WR YDs - 1pt/10 yds

Flex - Yes

Waivers - 2 days

newacc
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
FANTASY FOOTBALL = MONEY

League Updates

Here are the players I have slotted in each league:

1.me - paid
2. lj - paid
3. dg vaffanculo - paid
4. stephen l - paid
5. eric - paid
6. greg - paid
7. mike (turftoes) - partially paid
8. dio - paid (you are hilarious)
9. jeremy paid
10. joe - scheduled to pay

1. me - paid
2. joe lions - paid
3. eric - paid
4. jeremy - paid

1. me - paid
2. james - paid
3. ryan sausage - paid
4. eric - paid
5. jeremy - paid
6. yoda - scheduled to pay

Thanks to all that have paid so far. I'm shocked that so few have signed up for the 10, 25, 50. Usually people get turned away for these leagues.

Remember that you can win cash for these leagues. 100% of league buy-in is paid out. AKA Spurstalk doesn't rake. Any other online league you look at rakes - CBS Sportsline, Masters Fantasy Football League, Quest Fantasy Football League - They all take huge chunks of money out of the pot.

Spurstalk pays winners every penny of the buy-in. With all the non-dynasty leagues on Yahoo w/ free stat tracker, all the money is going out to the top 3 finishers. No surcharge, No convience fee, No late fees, No commish fees, No fee fees, No nothing.

Payments will be paid out in FULL no later than 1 week after the season via paypal or check (if you so request).

payment breakdown:

250 - purse = $3,000

$100 for weekly scoring winner = $1,300
1st place = $1,100
2nd place = $450
3rd place = $150

50 - purse = $600

1st place = $400
2nd place = $150
3rd place = $50

25 - purse = $300

1st place = $200
2nd place = $75
3rd place = $25

08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll play in the 50 if needed.

Let's go 10 teams in the 250 if interest is waning. Rather do that than not play at all.

newacc
08-19-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll play in the 50 if needed.

Let's go 10 teams in the 250 if interest is waning. Rather do that than not play at all.

Agreed. Please do play in the $50 if you're interested. The $50 is very fun.

I'm going to try to recruit more outside of ST so hopefully we'll the magic # of 12.

newacc
08-20-2009, 01:15 AM
$250, $10, $25 Rules ($50 rules different)

Offense

Pas Yards = 1pt/25yds
Rec Yards = 1pt/10yds
Rus Yards = 1pt/10yds
All Touchdowns = 6 pts
All 2Pt Conversions = 2 pts
1-39 FGs = 3 pts
40-49 FG = 4 pts
50+ FGs = 5pts
Miss FGs 1-30 yds = - 2pts (blocked fgs count)
Miss FGs 31-39 yds = - 1pts (blocked fgs count)
Extra Pt = 1pt
Miss Extra Pt = -1
All Fumbles Lost = - 2pts
All Interceptions = - 2pts
NO FLEX
NO PPR
Nov 20 Trade Deadline
Waivers 2 Days*
Waiver Sun-Tues**
Trades Immediately Processed***
Playoffs are 6 Teams****
3 Divisions*****

Defense

Fumbles Recovered = 2pts
Interceptions = 2pts
Blocked Kick = 2pts
Safety = 2pts
Sack = 1pt
Kickoff and Punt Return TDs = 6pts
All TDs = 6pts
Points Allow
0 = 12 pts
2-6 = 8 pts
7-13 = 4 pts
14-20 = 1 pt
21-27 = 0 pts
28-34 = -2 pts
35+ = -6 pts

Bonus Points
400 Pass Yards = 2 pts
150 Rush Yards = 2 pts
150 Rec Yards = 2 pts

From my experience, Yahoo will only lock teams on early play days (Thursday/Friday) during the waiver wire periods leading up to Sunday. If this is not true, I will manually adjust the league so that waivers can be completed.

*Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

**Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

***Commish decides disputes.

****Weeks 14-16

*****Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.

$50 Rules

Same With the Following Exceptions

Pas Yards = 1pt/40yds
Rec Yards = 1pt/15yds
Rus Yards = 1pt/15yds
FLEX = YES
NO DIVISIONS
NO BONUS POINTS
Points Allow
0 = 11 pts
2-6 = 7 pts
7-13 = 4 pts
14-20 = 1 pt
21-27 = 0 pts
28-34 = -2 pts
35+ = -5 pts

$250, $50 = 18 players
$10, $25 = 16 players

I've compiled what I feel are the best settings/rules for the leagues. There are some new wrinkles but the substantive settings/rules for each league will remain mostly intact.

These rules will give a bonus to those who pick the best fantasy football players and an edge to the point scoring. I've added an extra layer of polarization to kickers and defenses which will make studying for these positions more important.

Players with regular offensive studs will also receive an extra perk with 2 points for reaching impressive but reachable milestones.

Thanks to all that provided rule suggestions. I did factor each into the rule making.

Mr Dio
08-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Kris, let me see if a couple of guys from work are interested in the $250 League. Gimme til Fri night to hit them up & get back to you. :toast

Anyone wanna go with 8 teams in the $250? :lol
Man, talk about stacked rosters.
Maybe we can bump it to $300 to make u for the lower # of teams?

newacc
08-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Dio,

The campaigning would be greatly appreciated. We'll save the $300 debate for next season. I've already got payments in and advertised this league as $250 in other places.

8 teams would be too crazy for me, but I would go for 10 (begrudgingly) if that's what it took to start the league.

newacc
08-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Extra Bonus for $250 League Players.

$100 winner Paid out after every week.

newacc
08-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Thanks to Eric for joining in on the fun. Every league added one more player just now.

newacc
08-20-2009, 03:58 AM
Joe - Lions - have you received your $50 league invite? Your team isn't in the league yet.

newacc
08-20-2009, 04:25 AM
$50 league changed from 7:00pm to 6:45pm. I made an error in Yahoo and the 7pm had filled up, but draft time moved up only 15 minutes.

$50 - 12 teams - Sunday, Sep 6 at 6:45 CST *EDITED*

YODA
08-20-2009, 05:45 PM
I sent u a PM. LEt me know what I need to do.

Yoda

newacc
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
News and Notes:

$10 League is Closed

Slick - I'll transfer your money over to the $25, please send $15 more (If you changed your mind and just want a refund, let me know.)
Eric - Your Money will be refunded

Yoda - I'll pm you a response tonight.

Dio - You sent me a little more money than was due. You'll be receiving a refund on the excess balance to your paypal.

Matthew - I need payment for your dad. Should I email him directly or go through you?

If you want to play FF this season, sign up ASAP.

Thanks to all.

LakerHater
08-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Whats left open!?!??

newacc
08-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Whats left open!?!??

1.me - paid
2. lj - paid
3. dg vaffanculo - paid
4. stephen l - paid
5. eric - paid
6. greg - paid
8. dio - paid (you are hilarious)
9. joe - scheduled to pay

1. me - paid
2. joe lions - paid
3. eric - paid

1. me - paid
2. james - paid
3. ryan sausage - paid
4. eric - paid

newacc
08-22-2009, 02:15 AM
To the players in $25/$50 - if you want these leagues to happen, I'm going to need some help promoting them. I'm putting out messages every where I can but I'm not getting many responses. If I can't find more players, the leagues will fold up and your money will be returned.

newacc
08-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Dio - $12.25 sent (extra).
Eric - $10.00 sent (refund).

Mugshot
08-22-2009, 02:53 AM
How many $250 teams are left?

EDIT -

Just caught it nevermind....

LakerHater
08-22-2009, 11:17 AM
To the players in $25/$50 - if you want these leagues to happen, I'm going to need some help promoting them. I'm putting out messages every where I can but I'm not getting many responses. If I can't find more players, the leagues will fold up and your money will be returned.
Hey if we don't make the 12, can we go with what we have?
Say like 8 or 10!?

newacc
08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
We just had another signup and you. This will help. Make sure to spread the word. We're getting closer and closer.

We won't have 8 team leagues because I wouldn't play in them and all of these numbers have me calculated. I think we'll have some ghosts that save Christmas though.

RocketsFan1114
08-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Will we know the draft order for the 250 league before draft day?

LakerHater
08-22-2009, 04:16 PM
We won't have 8 team leagues because I wouldn't play in them.

Well, others might like'em even if you don't!!

I'm interested in 2 of these (I hope they don't reach 12!) I'm gonna throw sum money into PayPal but, it takes a few days so I'll check back then!

newacc
08-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, others might like'em even if you don't!!

I'm interested in 2 of these (I hope they don't reach 12!) I'm gonna throw sum money into PayPal but, it takes a few days so I'll check back then!

It's not that I wouldn't make a league if there were 8 of you that wanted to play in an 8 man league. It's that without me you would still only have 7.

newacc
08-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Will we know the draft order for the 250 league before draft day?

As soon as any of the leagues fill up, I will send out draft order immediately.

2centsworth
08-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Sign me up for the $50

slick'81
08-25-2009, 09:14 PM
im in for the 25$ lets get this thing going !!:ihit

Sausage
08-25-2009, 09:15 PM
good! we need more $25 dollar people!

SScarrJ
08-26-2009, 08:31 AM
If theres room, put me down for the 50.

Sausage
08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Join the $25 dollar league people this one can't get cancelled!

newacc
08-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Here's the list I have. 2cents I sent you 2 pms but have received no reply. Scarr, I sent you a pm as well. If you think you're signed up but don't see your name on here, that means I haven't received your money. If you're scheduled to pay, your spot is still up for grabs unless I have told you otherwise.

1.me - paid
2. lj - paid
3. dg vaffanculo - paid
4. stephen l - paid
5. eric - paid
6. greg - paid
8. dio - paid
9. jeremy paid
10. Brad paid
11. joe - paid
12. David - paid

$250 League is Full, However I will put you on a waiting list if you still want to be notified in case someone drops.

1. me - paid
2. joe lions - paid
3. eric - paid
4. jeremy - paid
5. pete - paid
6. victor - paid

1. me - paid
2. james - paid
3. ryan sausage - paid
4. eric - paid
5. jeremy - paid
6. yoda - scheduled to pay
7. slick - paid
8. victor - paid
9. billy - paid
10. Landon - paid

$25 league is on Saturday, Aug 29 at 7:00 CST.

This league is full. Alternates are welcome.

slick'81
08-26-2009, 06:00 PM
lets go guys we just need a few more apparently to get the 25 going!!!!

Sausage
08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I was going to Buffalo Wild Wings Saturday night to watch UFC 102 and while I waited, draft for the $25 dollar league, come on guys don't ruin my plans!!!!

2centsworth
08-26-2009, 11:09 PM
sorry kris, I'm still in.

Sausage
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Woo! nice to see the league full. We can't draft though if everyone hasn't joined the league on Yahoo! so come on people, get on it! If you wait minutes before the draft is supposed to happen it will be too late

newacc
08-28-2009, 07:05 AM
League is full, but I need to receive payments before I can send out draft order.

slick'81
08-28-2009, 02:48 PM
uh oh we still only have 9 people in the league lets get moving guys

Sausage
08-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Only 9 people signed up on Yahoo! still come on people. If this gets cancelled I'm going to be upset :(

newacc
08-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Not getting cancelled.

newacc
08-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Still 1 more spot available for $25. If we can't get 1 more, we'll go with a 10 person league.

Sausage
08-29-2009, 05:49 PM
One hour until draft time and only 9 people are signed up on Yahoo. That can't be good can it?

slick'81
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
soo was the 25 draft order random or predetermined ?!?!

Sausage
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
on yahoo it says that the draft order will be determined 30 minutes prior to the draft

newacc
08-29-2009, 06:48 PM
We're in the draft room for $25.

newacc
08-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Still 1 more spot available for $25. If we can't get 1 more, we'll go with a 10 person league.

soo was the 25 draft order random or predetermined ?!?!

I made myself first pick because I wanted to rig the entire league.

newacc
08-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Tpark and Yoda - we're drafting. You need to get in there.

Detroit Dominatorz
08-30-2009, 09:43 AM
So what's the status of the $50 and $250 leagues?

Potential Rule Changes to 250 League

1. If Thursday games, players will only be locked that played on thursday for waiver wires so other players can be picked up until Sunday

2. Divisional Settings: Three divisions, with the winner of each division and the runner up with the best record into the playoffs. The two teams with the next best records go in as well as "wild card teams".

3. One point per reception?

The time to draft is fast approaching in all leagues. If you're cool with me making the settings along with 1 or 2 other people in the league then that's fine but if you want a say in the rules/settings, now is the time to throw your hat into the ring.

I need to come up with the rules in the next 2 days for all leagues and once I do, that will be the end of it.

If you haven't contacted me yet, you really need to get going. I don't know what else to tell you. It's August 16th and I need to finalize the drafts.

Some drafts are endanger of not happening because I am getting no interest in a couple of the leagues. Don't play last minute on these drafts because I have to shut them down if I don't think I can get a league.

Full Refunds will be issued in the event a league cannot be made.

newacc
08-30-2009, 12:35 PM
So what's the status of the $50 and $250 leagues?

Rules are on the second page.

Joe Schmoogins
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
are there still openings in the 25 or 50 league? I am interested.

newacc
08-30-2009, 08:49 PM
$50 is still open.

newacc
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
$50 league is up against the wall. If Joe S. is in, we have 7 total. I'm against a 10 team league, but willing to play if everyone else is interested. However, even to get to 10 we need 3 more teams by Friday night.

If I can't see a league materializing, I'll close it by Friday at 7pm.

Again, everyone will receive a prompt refund.

newacc
09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Ryno has added interest. Have not heard from Joe S about payment.

This leaves us with 7/8 for the $50 league.

This league will close unless more interest is shown within the next two days.

If you are interested in playing fantasy football this season, send me a pm for payment details.

WildcardManu
09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
i'm definitely interested in joinin the 50 dollar league if room PM me

newacc
09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
This leaves us with 8/9 (9 depending on Joe Sch. follow through). There is still a chance this league goes through with a late push.

$50 = entertainment for 3 months. Not a bad deal.

Kori Ellis
09-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Is the $50 league draft still on Sunday at the time listed in the first post?

I'll play if you end up short one person.

newacc
09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks Kori.

With Kori, there is now 10 players. Any two people want to be the White Knights of the $50 league.

Joe, I have received your pm. I'll let you know in a second. Also, if you had trouble sending me a payment, I'll be sending you a pm soon.

Thanks.

Rynospursfan
09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
A couple of questions for you:

1. Is this a head to head league, or just points?
2. When are you going to give out the league ID and Password?
3. If we are doing 10 teams how many playoff teams?

TIA

newacc
09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
1. head to head
2. I've got to send you an invite. I'll send you one tonight if I have your email in a pm. Your payment did not get to me because paypal decided to suspend my account (too many payments with no fees I think). I'll have to make arrangements with you.
3. We'll go 4 with 10.

Detroit Dominatorz
09-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Hoping we can get $50 filled at last minute. What are chances it will happen? I tried to recruit a few but no dice.

newacc
09-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks for trying to recruit, the $50 league is on. May be 10. May be 12. I don't know yet.

newacc
09-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Free Spurstalk Leagues

If you were unable to join the pay leagues, I've created two free leagues everyone can join:

"Spurstalk Survival" League

Group ID#: 18489
Group Password: spurstalk
Start Week 1
Deadline Sunday at 1:00 pm EDT
Number of Strikes 1 Strike and you're eliminated

"Spurstalk Pick'em" League

Group ID#: 47171
Confidence Points No
Spread No
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 1
Drop Scores No, use all weeks
Deadline 5 minutes before each game

*Reminder that there is a game this Thursday

timvp
09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
I'll be in the $50 and I'll try to get someone else.

newacc
09-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Joe Schmoogins, I sent you an invite. Anybody else that would like to play, please send me your email to invite you and we'll make payment arrangements.

Joe Schmoogins
09-06-2009, 01:13 AM
alright... I just joined the $50 league.

newacc
09-06-2009, 01:42 AM
I just received an email representing 2 people interested. I've had some interest from other Spurstalk members as well. Because the enrollment is up in the air, the last spots will be whoever gets them first.

Kori Ellis
09-06-2009, 01:50 AM
I signed up and now there's 9 registered.

newacc
09-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks Kori. We just need 1 more player to close the $50. Anyone that wants to play fantasy football this season, here is your chance.

As soon as I get the last person, draft order is sent out.

szuszki
09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Why would You sent out the draft order. Isn't it done randomly by the Yahoo league ? Thats what it says on the front page.

newacc
09-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Why would You sent out the draft order. Isn't it done randomly by the Yahoo league ? Thats what it says on the front page.

Because I fix all the drafts so I get the first pick.

Either that or Yahoo waits until right before the draft to release them.

szuszki
09-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Yahoo list the draft order over 30 min before the draft. Plenty of time. I don't get the you getting 1st pick but whatever. Whats the big deal letting Yahoo choosing the order ?

newacc
09-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Yahoo list the draft order over 30 min before the draft. Plenty of time. I don't get the you getting 1st pick but whatever. Whats the big deal letting Yahoo choosing the order ?

People like to know where they pick ahead of time.

1st pick was just sarcasm.

szuszki
09-06-2009, 02:54 PM
:lol , didn't get the sarcasm.

newacc
09-06-2009, 03:09 PM
11Beer Guzzlers
12Petros's Tapthatteam
13Red Star
14Ras Kass
15TheGame
16Detroit Dominatorz
17Pitino\'s $3000
18So. County Coroners
19Pride of Princess
110Ne\'er-Do-Well Cads
111Mean Machine
112Ryno\'s Raiders

There's the draft order. I think you may have done well in this random draft order.

szuszki
09-06-2009, 03:21 PM
I think you may have done well in this random draft order.

Good thing I didn't ask for the 1st pick. :lol As I almost wrote exactly that.

newacc
09-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Free Spurstalk Leagues

If you were unable to join the pay leagues, I've created two free leagues everyone can join:

"Spurstalk Survival" League

Group ID#: 18489
Start Week 1
Deadline Sunday at 1:00 pm EDT
Number of Strikes 1 Strike and you're eliminated

"Spurstalk Pick'em" League

Group ID#: 47171
Confidence Points No
Spread No
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 1
Drop Scores No, use all weeks
Deadline 5 minutes before each game

*Reminder that there is a game this Thursday

Don't forget these two leagues. Both are fun to play and completely free.

Bukefal
09-10-2009, 08:20 AM
There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
This is not a private group. (Error #147)

I get a problem when joining the spurstalk pick em group, or cant i join 2 groups?