08-13-2009, 07:32 PM
2 year deal per ESPN.

rAm
08-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Could work beautifully.

Potential conflict with Donovan?

Thompson
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm glad the Cowboys didn't take him. One more reason to dislike the Eagles.

IronMexican
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
He will give that team the best WC threat wherever he signed. Imagine a shotgunset with him, westbrook, and mccoy? sound fun.

dirk4mvp
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm glad the Cowboys didn't take him. One more reason to dislike the Eagles.

eagles > cowboys

Now the Eagles' backup QB is better than the Cowboys' starting QB.

IronMexican
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I was hoping Vick didn't goo to a team I hated. I've always been a fan.

Thompson
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
eagles > cowboys

Even if this were true, I'm glad we didn't sign him. He's a disgusting human being.

samikeyp
08-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Interesting choice.

Dr. Gonzo
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
eagles > cowboys

I had a conversation about this with a friend and he swore that Vick was never a better QB than Romo. I lol'd.

samikeyp
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
was never? That is stupid...he might not be at the moment only because of the layoff but if he works hard, he could be where he was or better.

gaKNOW!blee
08-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Jackson, Maclin, Westbrook, Mccoy, Vick....a lot of playmakers

JudynTX
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
WTF? How did this happen? :wow

And here I wanted him to go to a sucky team.

WOW, just WOW!

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't even remember them being on the radar...guess they didn't tell us everything.

manufan10
08-13-2009, 08:12 PM
:lol

He's a good pickup for the Eagles. Had he gone to the Cowboys like some of you were proclaiming, everyone would bash the Cowboys. :lol Fair enough.

JudynTX
08-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Man.....this is crazy! :lol He could play WR. :wow

DAF86
08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
I wanted a crapy team to sign him so he could play as a starting QB.

KSeal
08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they use him and how McNabb reacts.

JamStone
08-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow. Foreal, dog?

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow. Foreal, dog?
Don't think I ever told you, but I wanted the Bruce Lee look, and was going to do it one day, and then I got on and saw you had it...lol...if you ever change it..so help me God I'm taking it.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 08:42 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they use him and how McNabb reacts.
The McNabb reaction especially intrigues me.

manufan10
08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
:depressed

I was hoping he would go to Cleveland. That would have been some nice poetic justice. :D

monosylab1k
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Great pickup if he's willing to do more than play quarterback. If they can get him to return punts, maybe play some WR, along with having a solid backup for McNabb....this is a great move.

Unfortunately this is probably a "Wildcat" influenced move, and there's nothing in the NFL I hate more than the Wildcat. It's a retarded gimmick that worked nicely for a couple months, but it was already starting to fail by the end of last season. Now every team will try to run the Wildcat and look fucking retarded in the process.

Eminem
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Great pickup if he's willing to do more than play quarterback. If they can get him to return punts, maybe play some WR, along with having a solid backup for McNabb....this is a great move.

Unfortunately this is probably a "Wildcat" influenced move, and there's nothing in the NFL I hate more than the Wildcat. It's a retarded gimmick that worked nicely for a couple months, but it was already starting to fail by the end of last season. Now every team will try to run the Wildcat and look fucking retarded in the process.

You just don't like it cuz the Wildcat coming out party was used to deep throat the patriots.

monosylab1k
08-13-2009, 09:20 PM
You just don't like it cuz the Wildcat coming out party was used to deep throat the patriots.

Very true. And in the matter of a few weeks Belichick had already found a way to be the one deepthroating the Wildcat. Along with every other team. The Wildcat went from huge success to massive failure over the course of one season. It's a retarded gimmick, no surprises here.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Very true. And in the matter of a few weeks Belichick had already found a way to be the one deepthroating the Wildcat. Along with every other team. The Wildcat went from huge success to massive failure over the course of one season. It's a retarded gimmick, no surprises here.
Very rare occasion, but I agree with you. It worked because people didn't expect it. They expect it now. Even put it as a formation in Madden.. :rolleyes

florige
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
The only loser in this deal is probably McNabb. We all know he goes through his wtf stretches. How long will it be before Eagles fan start chanting Vick's name to play QB. McNabb had better be on his A game all season now.

lefty
08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
The McNabb reaction especially intrigues me.
You mean no reaction?

manufan10
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
The only loser in this deal is probably McNabb. We all know he goes through his wtf stretches. How long will it be before Eagles fan start chanting Vick's name to play QB. McNabb had better be on his A game all season now.

It will be very interesting to see.

Spursfan092120
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
You mean no reaction?
Well, if he had no reaction, that's a good thing for the Iggles fans. I was just interested to see what he'd think about it.

mytespurs
08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Could work beautifully.

Potential conflict with Donovan?
This was my first thought......what if Donovan struggles or gets injured and somehow Vick is inserted and shows he still has the talent & ability.....should be interesting in the beast known as the NFC East. :D

760Spursfan
08-14-2009, 01:09 AM
This was my first thought......what if Donovan struggles or gets injured and somehow Vick is inserted and shows he still has the talent & ability.....should be interesting in the beast known as the NFC East. :D

Looks like we all know the outcome of this pick up. Last year the eagle fans wanted Mcnabbs head on a platter, luckily for him he picked up his game in the second half of the season. Going to be very interesting:wow

The Franchise
08-14-2009, 05:33 AM
was never? That is stupid...he might not be at the moment only because of the layoff but if he works hard, he could be where he was or better.

I have some friends that have worked with the Falcons for years and they told me Vick was incredibly lazy. He would be the last guy in, and the first guy out like clockwork. If this is true then a little hard work might make him a legitimate QB.

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 08:14 AM

That's exactly what my husband said! :lol

I have some friends that have worked with the Falcons for years and they told me Vick was incredibly lazy. He would be the last guy in, and the first guy out like clockwork. If this is true then a little hard work might make him a legitimate QB.

The Eagles won't let Vick be lazy. They wouldn't have taken a chance on him if they weren't considered one of the premiere football franchises. Come on. :rolleyes

Phillip
08-14-2009, 08:28 AM
this is a very nice move. no risk, and potential for high reward. they could throw some very interesting wildcat plays in, use him at reciever, and even as a return man.

samikeyp
08-14-2009, 08:32 AM
The Eagles won't let Vick be lazy. They wouldn't have taken a chance on him if they weren't considered one of the premiere football franchises. Come on. :rolleyes

Franchise wasn't slamming the Eagles...he was talking about Vick's rep and that hard work would do him some good.

Defensive much? :lol

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Franchise wasn't slamming the Eagles...he was talking about Vick's rep and that hard work would do him some good.

Defensive much? :lol

This is going to be an interesting NFL season and I want it to start this weekend. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd welcome McNabb on the Cardinals if Eagles fans are still bitching about him when warner retires. They don't understand how bad that team would be without him.

jack sommerset
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I hate the Eagles but damn that is a perfect fit for Vick.

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 09:58 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/livenow?id=6964780

Kriz-Maxima
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
This is great, I'm definitely gonna be rooting for the guy.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I hope all goes well for him.

phyzik
08-14-2009, 10:18 AM
McNabb wants him there, as to weather there will be conflict or not, that remains to be seen.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/13/vick.eagles/index.html

It is unclear what role Vick will play in the Eagles' offense. But it was clear that the move had the blessing of current Eagles starting quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"I pretty much lobbied to get him here," McNabb said. "Because everybody deserves a second chance."

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
This is great, I'm definitely gonna be rooting for the guy.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I hope all goes well for him.

Same here but I want a Ron Mexico eagles jersey now so I can wear it when they play the cowgirls.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 10:23 AM
this is a very nice move. no risk, and potential for high reward. they could throw some very interesting wildcat plays in, use him at reciever, and even as a return man.

I hate agreeing with you but I agree with you.

lol raiders

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Eagle fans selling their season tickets on EBAY. :lol

Dr. Gonzo
08-14-2009, 10:26 AM
He is going to be the new Kordell Stewart. Slash 2.0

Michael Vick
08-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm glad the Eagles are taking a gamble on me. Its what I do.

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm glad the Eagles are taking a gamble on me. Its what I do.

You're showing up late to the party!

Whisky Dog
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Very rare occasion, but I agree with you. It worked because people didn't expect it. They expect it now. Even put it as a formation in Madden.. :rolleyes

I don't think he has any impact at all unless McNabb goes down cause I just don't see him as a wr or returning punts.

One thing is for sure... with the way mcnabb likes to go through stretches where he airmails passes over people's heads the eagles now have the worst QB accuracy tandem in history.

Dr. Gonzo
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't think he has any impact at all unless McNabb goes down cause I just don't see him as a wr or returning punts.

One thing is for sure... with the way mcnabb likes to go through stretches where he airmails passes over people's heads the eagles now have the worst QB accuracy tandem in history.

They might as well go for the trifecta and trade for Vince Young.

Spurtacus
08-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Minimal impact with the Eagles this season. He still needs to be reinstated to play in the regular season.