PDA

View Full Version : Who's in the suit?

spursfan #20
08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
our roster: timmy, tony, manu, dice, richard, dejaun, theo, roger, michael, matt, malik, george, marcus h., marcus w, and ian. That is 15 im assuming malik hairiston and marcus wiliams go d league and/or euro so who is in the suit?

jaffies
08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Gregg Popovich?

DPG21920
08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
To early too tell.

Das Texan
08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Gregg Popovich?

not likely!

ginobilized
08-13-2009, 09:54 PM
I'd guess it will change weekly during the first 2/3 of the season just like always.

SouthTexasRancher
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Bowen as a player/coach. Gets rid of the suit for good when we play/beat the Lakers in the WC Finals and play/beat the Celtics in the NBA Finals! :ihit

SouthTexasRancher
08-13-2009, 10:17 PM
It would not shock me if Finley, Haislip or Williams were in the suits. Ratliff seems like an either or guy. Pop probably wants him on the court, but I can't be sure at this point.

I think there are going to be a lot of them little 'pinky' or 'tootsie' injuries among 5 or 6 of the players down the line as Pop moves players around throughout the season till the time comes to settle on a playoff lineup.

timtonymanu
08-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Haislip will probably start out inactive since he's new unless he really does well in training camp/preseason. Williams and Hairston will be inactive. I expect one of them to be in the d-league while the other stays in a suit most likely Williams to the d-league. Ratliff will start out in the Vaughn role. For now I think he's got a spot over Haislip due to experience. Bonner and Finley will get playing time at the start of the season since they know the system well.

At the start of the season i think this will be the roster:

Guaranteed playing time: Tim, Tony, Manu, RJ, Dice, Hill, Mason, Bonner, Finley, Ian, Blair, Haislip or Ratliff
Suits: Hairston, Haislip or Ratliff, Williams

When players get use to it, I expect it to look like this:

Guaranteed playing time: Tim, Tony, Manu, RJ, Dice, Mason, Hill, Blair, Ian, Haislip (if he does well), Finley (sadly), Hairston or Bonner (if Pop trusts Hairston enough)

Suit: Williams, Ratliff (Vaughn role), Hairston or Bonner (again if Pop trusts Hairston).

god i cant wait for the season already!!!! LOL.

spursfan #20
08-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks but is manu really going to have more minutes than timmy since timmy lost 20 pounds i thought that would equal a couple more minutes

duncan228
08-13-2009, 11:35 PM
...since timmy lost 20 pounds i thought that would equal a couple more minutes

Duncan lost 15 pounds, and it's going to help his knees. But I expect his minutes to be carefully managed. I don't think he'll play more. I think he'll sit out one of most, if not all, back-to-backs. He's got to be as fresh as possible for the playoffs. If everyone is healthy the team is deep enough for Duncan to be rested.

peskypesky
08-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Haislip, Hairston, Williams? Who the fuck are they? They're not Spurs.

BWS-1994
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Is Marcus Williams still eligible to play in the D-League?

spursfan #20
08-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I dont think he is