PDA

View Full Version : woods is unreal

ducks
04-09-2005, 06:25 PM
today he is is unreal
GO TIGER SO THE MEDIA YOU STILL ARE THE KING :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

RobinsontoDuncan
04-09-2005, 06:31 PM
isnt that no name still leading the field?

ducks
04-09-2005, 07:23 PM
dude had 12 birdies out of 27 holes and one bogey
they were lucky it was dark today he was unreal

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
GO TIGER SO THE MEDIA YOU STILL ARE THE KING

My thoughts exactly Ducks.

I just want to add. . .

PHIL GO MEDIA SEE MAJOR ONE THAT ALL BE! :smokin :elephant

ducks
04-10-2005, 03:04 PM
7 straight birdies
woods will win

ducks
04-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Woods surges into Masters lead with seven straight birdies
By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer
April 10, 2005

Photo
AP - Apr 10, 10:35 am EDT
More Photos
AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) -- Tiger Woods tied a Masters record with seven straight birdies and surged past Chris DiMarco to take a three-stroke lead into Sunday's final round at Augusta National.

The golfers were back on the course at 8 a.m. to complete the weather-delayed third round, with DiMarco holding a four-shot lead over Woods.

Within an hour, Woods was on top -- and in position for his fourth green jacket. That would tie Arnold Palmer for second-most victories in Masters history; only Jack Nicklaus, with six, has won more.

Woods shot 65 in the third round, one stroke better than the second-round 66 that got him back in contention. He opened the tournament with a 74.

``Not bad, huh?'' Woods said, smiling. ``It's been a while, hasn't it? Most majors, you're not going to be making a whole bunch of birdies. You're going to be making a bunch of pars.''

Woods has played in 10 majors without a win; his last was the 2002 U.S. Open.

DiMarco double bogeyed his first hole of the day, No. 10, and struggled to a 41 on the back side. He finished with a 74 after shooting a pair of 67s to lead after each of the first two rounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
Woods birdied the final three holes on the front nine Saturday before darkness halted play. He kept it up the next day with four more birdies in a row, capped by a 10-footer at the par-5 13th that drew a defiant pump of his right fist and pushed his score 13 under.

Woods tied the tournament record of seven straight birdies, set by Steve Pate over the same string of holes in 1999.

``We've still got a long ways to go,'' Woods said. ``The only reason it was yielding birdies are the greens are soft and the pins are in low spots. You could funnel the ball down to the hole.''

Woods' birdie streak ended at the 14th, when his second shot funneled to the far right side of the green with the flag on the left. He needed three putts to get down, taking his first bogey of the round.

DiMarco, playing one group behind, couldn't take advantage. He also bogeyed 14 to stay two strokes behind.

Woods gave DiMarco another chance at the par-5 15th, hitting a fat 6-iron to the edge of the water, his ball imbedded in the muddy bank. He had to take a drop and wound up with bogey.

But DiMarco followed suit, leaving his ball in a similar spot next to the water. He, too, wound up with bogey.

Woods parred out, while DiMarco dropped another stroke with a bogey at 17.

Photo
AP - Apr 10, 10:33 am EDT
More Photos
Woods went to the final round with an 11-under 205, followed by DiMarco (208) and Thomas Bjorn (209). Six shots off the pace were defending champion Phil Mickelson and Trevor Immelman. Vijay Singh, the world's top-ranked player, was joined by Mark Hensby at 212.

``I have to put together something really special if I'm going to have a chance,'' Mickelson said. ``There's a 65 out there. I don't know if it'll be enough, but that's what I'm going to be gunning for.''

DiMarco's troubles began when his second shot at the 10th went into a bush. He had to take a drop, chipped onto the green and two-putted for the double bogey.

Before that, the only blemish on his card was a first-round bogey on the very same hole, his first hole of the tournament. He then went 44 holes with nothing but birdies and pars -- the second longest streak without a bogey in Masters history.

DiMarco is a perennial contender at Augusta, leading five rounds in five years. He played with Mickelson in the final group a year ago, but faded to a 76.

He was paired in the final twosome again, this time with Woods and clinging to a thread of hope.

``Look at Tiger,'' DiMarco said. ``He even bogeyed a few coming in. He could have birdied a couple of holes coming in and put everyone out of their misery.''

Woods was hitting his irons brilliantly, leaving himself plenty of birdie chances. He also capitalized on a break with his final shot Saturday.

After teeing off at No. 10, the horn sounded to end play for the day. Woods could have finished the hole, but decided to quit when he saw a big chunk of mud on his ball. That gave him the option of marking the spot with a tee and picking up Sunday with a clean ball.

``It was a no-brainer,'' he said. ``It was a great break that they blew the horn. ... When we saw that (mud) down there, it was nice to know I could put the tee in the ground.''

After finishing the third round, everyone got a short break before playing the final 18 holes. There were no problems with the weather, which plagued the first two days of the tournament.

It was sunny day, with temperatures expected to climb into the upper 70s.