Day late, dollar short forum

SpursStalker
08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
day late, dollar short forum

+1

mrsmaalox
08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
+1

Are you as surprised as I am that ATRAIN didn't police himself before posting? :lol

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I've never been a fan of Aerosmith. :lol

JoeChalupa
08-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Aerosmith rocks!!! It won't be long till he's back in the saddle again.

SpursStalker
08-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Are you as surprised as I am that ATRAIN didn't police himself before posting? :lol

I know ... I refrained from being a smart ass, maybe I shouldn't have?

:lol

I've never been a fan of Aerosmith. :lol

:wow

JudynTX
08-14-2009, 11:21 AM

Just one of those things WE don't have in common. :lol

SpursStalker
08-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Just one of those things WE don't have in common. :lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/SpursStalker/faint.gif

JoeChalupa
08-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I didn't see the previous thread either.

mrsmaalox
08-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I didn't see the previous thread either.

I don't think there was a thread previously. But take a look at the date on the linked article Joe. It's old news. See? That's the kind of shoddy effort that contributes to the general decline of this once great forum. Come on people, time to step it up a notch!! I just don't know how much longer I'll be able to take this......

:lmao

z0sa
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
did he trip over his mouth

LOL texans
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM

At first I thought, he fell AGAIN, but then I realized it was old news

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't think there was a thread previously. But take a look at the date on the linked article Joe. It's old news. See? That's the kind of shoddy effort that contributes to the general decline of this once great forum. Come on people, time to step it up a notch!! I just don't know how much longer I'll be able to take this......

Old news yes but no thread and I thought that shit was too funny cause I hate that cock sucker Steven Tyler. I ran into him once and he was a total asshole so I told him to fuck off and his body guard almost kicked my ass so fuck him.

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 12:10 PM

I know ... I refrained from being a smart ass, maybe I shouldn't have?

:lol

you two dont wanna be on my bad side. Maalox im sure you already knew that lol.

Taco
08-14-2009, 12:18 PM
rSfwlwnEKyk

o3IQTjOMewg

SpursStalker
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
you two dont wanna be on my bad side. Maalox im sure you already knew that lol.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/SpursStalker/large-smiley-052.gif

JoeChalupa
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Ah. I hadn't heard about it. :lol

ATRAIN
08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Ah. I hadn't heard about it. :lol

Its cause she is glued to all the headlines but she only posts the crappy ones

Viva Las Espuelas
08-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Aerosmith's Tyler Tumbles, But Pro Audio Takes The Fall (http://prosoundnews.com/Blog.aspx?id=23512&blogid=192)

It was all over the news last week that 61-year-old Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler fell off the stage during a concert at the annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota. Apparently he was dancing up a storm in an effort to keep the audience entertained after "the sound system failed," according to the Associated Press.

Corrective word has started to spread that it was a power failure as opposed to a problem with the audio gear, but the damage has been done (Most noticeably to unfortunate Mr. Tyler, who wound up with stitches and a broken shoulder, putting the rest of the band's summer tour with ZZ Top in jeopardy).

He's not the only one who plumeted Wednesday night, however. Because of the erroneous reporting, the sound crew, SR companies and pro audio manufacturers took the fall. Of course, none of them were at fault; reportedly other backstage entities surreptitiously tied into the power service designated for Aerosmith's system, causing it to overload.

A representative from DiGiCo (whose consoles are out on the tour) dropped PSN a line to clarify, "the 'audio failure' was not an issue with any of the PA or pro audio gear or the regional sound companies' gear.... The word from Aerosmith production is that everything in the audio system works great and the power issues were not part of the production but part of the venue issues."

So it was a power failure, but more importantly, it was failure in judgment. To be fair, "rock n' roll" and "clear-headed deliberation concerning the cause and effect of one's impending actions" are concepts rarely spotted in the same room.

There's multiple sides to every story: It could be argued that the AP showed poor judgment by not getting its story straight; that it was poor judgment for those unnamed parties to tap into the PA's power service; or poor judgment that no one in the tour camp checked up on it during the show. Or even, dare I say it, poor judgment to flail around dancing to imaginary music to keep a show going when something's clearly gone very wrong.

Of course, that's easy for me to say--I've never had thousands of bikers staring at me, each wondering "what just happened?" The closest I've ever been to that kind of situation was 11 years ago when I covered a rather different outdoor concert for [I]Pro Sound News.

The irony was as thick as the humidity that late June evening when the Spice Girls played Jones Beach Amphitheatre. Showtime was nearing and the sold-out crowd began to chant the group's slogan, "Girl Power," just as the production was losing its supply of the electrical kind. As a venue-wide power failure stopped the PA and caused the main video screen to go blank, panel by panel, the crowd--predominantly nine-year-old girls--squealed louder and louder, thinking the show was about to begin. When the evening's festivities finally got underway 80 minutes later thanks to a backup generator, it was well past most of the audience's bedtime.

None of the singers fell off the stage that night (though I'm sure a few parents wished they would). Then again, 14,000 grade-schoolers simply didn't have the potential to get as unruly as a crowd at the world's largest bike rally might (for one thing, the grade-schoolers probably hadn't been drinking).

Treating your audience members with respect means, yes, entertaining them since that's what they paid for, but it may also mean simply finding a way to communicate with 'em. We've all experienced failure--power and otherwise--and who knows? Maybe they would've hung in there to catch the second half of "Love in an Elevator." Instead, Tyler was livin' it up while he was goin' down--and his fall may have taken the tour with him.

The rest of the Aerosmith tour, which was due to conclude on Sept. 16 in Detroit, has been canceled. Guitarist Joe Perry, in a statement, remarked, "Words can't express the sadness I feel for having to cancel this tour...we hope we can get the Aerosmith machine up and running again as soon as possible."

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Aerosmith rocks!!! It won't be long till he's back in the saddle again.

It's too bad he fell. I wonder if he was lovin it up 'til he hit the ground?