PDA

View Full Version : Where are Tim and Bruce?

TIMMYD!
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Follow the link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9928972/These-guys-put-some-D-in-the-NBA

Texas_Ranger
08-14-2009, 01:09 PM
When I saw ''Ryan Bowen'' I stopped reading.

TIMMYD!
08-14-2009, 01:13 PM
When I saw ''Ryan Bowen'' I stopped reading.

Exactly.

Texas_Ranger
08-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Duncan hasn't been an elite man-to-man defender in a few years now..he's still good, but not elite.

:lol

Tim is a much better defender than the 90 % of that stupid list.

Rynospursfan
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Duncan hasn't been an elite man-to-man defender in a few years now..he's still good, but not elite..he's still an elite anchor though..he actually names Duncan in the weak-side defenders category, which is currently his strength..

bad list though, as usual..it's what I expect from the media, and what everybody else should expect..

first of all, he actually mentions Amare Stoudemire in one of the categories..that should kill him alone..

Artest hasn't been a great man defender in years..Ariza isn't a great man defender..Raja Bell hasn't been great in years..Ryan Bowen has never been great defensively, and he certainly isn't now..RJ can be a good defender, but hasn't been in a few years..Dahntay Jones is very overrated defensively..Anthony Parker has declined significantly on defense..Wade doesn't belong on the list for the same reasons as guys like Kobe and Paul..

Who would you suggest are "great" or "elite" man to man defenders if it is not guys like Duncan, Artest, Ariza, Bell and Wade?

There is only one Shane Battier in the league, you know that right?