PDA

View Full Version : Busts

spursfan #20
08-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Who do you guys think will be the biggest bust from this years daft? I think it will be Hasheem Thabeet.

sandman
08-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about, you know...

eyeh8u
08-14-2009, 02:58 PM
that guy that couldn't get into UArizona because he had horrible grades and sat scores, his name eludes me at the moment

spursfan #20
08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Jordan hill?

eyeh8u
08-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Jordan hill?

no.. brady jennings is his name i think

Galileo
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
the dude Milwaukee drafted.

I. Hustle
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
/disappointed

DaBears
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
possibly Brad Jennings or Blake Griffin’s brother, sorry to say he might have a really short lived NBA career....

Dex
08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.dcgiftshop.com/Product_Images/Busts/Thomas-Jefferson-Bust-Marble-L.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/86/Washington_bust_-_giuseppe_ceracchi.JPG/469px-Washington_bust_-_giuseppe_ceracchi.JPG

Sisk
08-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about, you know...

it would've been much improved

SteelerNation
08-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Dont know if its gonna be, but I hope it is Rubio. Tired of these guys trying to pick and choose where they want to go. Also his team trying to hold the Timberwolves hostage for a buy out. The NBA should make all european players only eligible if they arent under contract to a European team.

SteelerNation
08-14-2009, 04:59 PM
You got the biggest badass in the draft in Griffin saying he has no problem playing for the Clippers and looks forward to the challenge to change their history. Then you get this little punk ass like Rubio who made it known he might refuse to play for the Timberwolves and his team wants money.

pkbpkb81
08-14-2009, 05:06 PM
possibly Brad Jennings or Blake Griffin’s brother, sorry to say he might have a really short lived NBA career....

can you call a guy a bust that was taken in the late 2nd round

mudyez
08-14-2009, 05:08 PM
had this question several times since thedraft...I think thabeet will be kind of a bust even though I hope he wont (I like him)...he should be ok, but not #2 potential.....one of th guards picked in the top15 will be lot totally, but I dont see that as a pust coz it was a weak draft anyway and you cant expect too much out of them...rubio can be a bust but also be the player of the draft...i would have taken the risk...maybe even as the clippers, as they have nothing to loose!

Darthkiller
08-14-2009, 05:33 PM
how is Brandon Jennings gonan be a bust. He was one of the best rookies in summer league (lead sumemr league in assists). he is gonan be a isiah Thomas type of player, one of the quickest Passer i ve ever seen.

mudyez
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
how is Brandon Jennings gonan be a bust. He was one of the best rookies in summer league (lead sumemr league in assists). he is gonan be a isiah Thomas type of player, one of the quickest Passer i ve ever seen.

didnt understand that either...only heard good things about him and now everyone hs him as a potential bust?

SteelerNation
08-14-2009, 05:41 PM
If I had to pick a true bust it would be Curry. The guy is a 'tweener. He's to small to play SG and thats his strength. He's not a PG. He scored alot at a small school. This is gonna shell shock him. I will say this Eric Gordon was the same type player...undersized as a SG and has done well for the Clips but that is very few and far between to find in a player. Curry is my pick to be the bust....although I'm still pulling for Rubio.

exstatic
08-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Austin Daye is going to be the next Jared Jeffries.

SonOfAGun
08-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Blair will be bustin a...

Thabeet.

ThePop
08-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah Thabeet

eyeh8u
08-14-2009, 10:20 PM

He 6-1 AND 170, he will get broken
He is selfish
He is immature and unintelligent, that is a bad combo
Summer League doesn't mean anything, you all put too much emphasis on that.
He is not as tough or driven as Isiah, his benching during his euro stint is evidence of that.
Were you see an isiah, i see a telfair. Who knows you might be right....but you wont be.

Chieflion
08-14-2009, 11:45 PM
He 6-1 AND 170, he will get broken
He is selfish
He is immature and unintelligent, that is a bad combo
Summer League doesn't mean anything, you all put too much emphasis on that.
He is not as tough or driven as Isiah, his benching during his euro stint is evidence of that.
Were you see an isiah, i see a telfair. Who knows you might be right....but you wont be.
Brandon Jennings is selfish. Checked for being idiotic.

Galileo
08-14-2009, 11:54 PM

I live in Wisconsin. Jennings did lead the Summer league in assists, but mostly because he played a lot of minutes and few other guards did.

Jennings averaged a measly 5 points a game last season, pretty lame. Actually, very very lame.

Jennings also sounds alike a real dumbass in the media. I think he is just looking to get a paycheck and do crack next summer.

Chieflion
08-15-2009, 12:00 AM
I live in Wisconsin. Jennings did lead the Summer league in assists, but mostly because he played a lot of minutes and few other guards did.

Jennings averaged a measly 5 points a game last season, pretty lame. Actually, very very lame.

Jennings also sounds alike a real dumbass in the media. I think he is just looking to get a paycheck and do crack next summer.
Sure helps when the coach is racist.

Galileo
08-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Sure helps when the coach is racist.

Jennings also shot sub 40% from the floor last season with his amazingly racist jumper that doesn't go in. He might be able to improve it, we'll see.

Frankly, I doubt Jennings will ever be as good as Ramon Sessions or Like Ridnour. He's a quick jack-rabbit, but just a little dude with no other skills yet.

PASS

The Spurs got a better player in the 2nd round than the Bucks got in the lottery. No wonder the Bucks have sucked for 20 years.

eyeh8u
08-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Brandon Jennings is selfish. Checked for being idiotic.

As a human being, yes he is.

Just from reading 3 of your posts i can tell you are a Jennings dick rider so its useless to argue. There is more evidence he will be a bust than be a success, last year, when in Europe, playing against professionals he was benched.

I dont know what "Checked for being idiotic." means. Maybe you should be checked for English Comprehension, you should learn to use nouns in sentences.

spursfan1000
08-15-2009, 07:09 AM
I don't THabeet will be a bust, he got drafted because of his defense and thats what hes going to do play defense. He wont be a bust if he can't score..

wijayas
08-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Dont know if its gonna be, but I hope it is Rubio. Tired of these guys trying to pick and choose where they want to go. Also his team trying to hold the Timberwolves hostage for a buy out. The NBA should make all european players only eligible if they arent under contract to a European team.

Agree...:toast
The Spurs was denied Tiago Splitter for the same reason...

gospursgojas
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Agree...:toast
The Spurs was denied Tiago Splitter for the same reason...

They knew he was under contract when they drafted him....so did minny....so does anyone else who takes the chance on drafting a euro under contract

my2sons
08-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Dolly Parton???

BlackBellamy
08-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Dolly Parton???

:lol Nice try but Shaq has bigger tits than Dolly.

45 bank shot
08-16-2009, 01:46 PM
:lol Nice try but Shaq has bigger tits than Dolly.
lol