PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2010 reviewed by Gamespot.

Cry Havoc
08-15-2009, 12:50 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/maddennfl10/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Final rating: 7.5

"At the same time, however, it seems easier to evade solo tackles in Madden NFL 10 than it did in previous Madden games, allowing you to execute some spectacular breakaway plays if you're on offense. This generally happens when you have a one-on-one situation--something like a running back against a cornerback. If he performs a single spin move on that corner, there's a pretty good chance that running back is going to break for at least a 20-yard run, if not a touchdown. That might not seem completely unrealistic until you see it happen over and over again, or when you see a normally less-than-agile tight end perform the same feat."

"Madden 10 does have an inadvertent method for preventing too many breakaway plays, which takes the form of poor downfield blocking. Imagine running the ball up the field. You've blown by the linebackers and the corners, and there's only your back holding the ball, a teammate, and a safety. Too often, your teammate will run in the opposite direction (back toward the linebackers) instead of running forward and taking out the safety to clear your way to the end zone."

:lmao
Nothing more needs to be said. It's still a broken football game. I laugh, but I'm actually sad, as I was hoping against hope that I would be able to actually buy a decent football game this year. 20 fucking years later and EA can't get BASIC things to go right with the game. Maybe I'll give NCAA football a shot.

lefty
08-15-2009, 01:57 AM
lol madden

IronMexican
08-15-2009, 02:48 AM
Madden 06 was the highest rated next gen Madden by GS. They are the last people I listen to.

Cry Havoc
08-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Madden 06 was the highest rated next gen Madden by GS. They are the last people I listen to.

Even when they have specific criticisms of exactly what's happening on a play that shouldn't, ever, happen in a football game?

EDIT: Not only that, your claim is completely false.

Madden 06 got a 7.4, 07 got a 7.9, 08 got an 8.5, and 09 got an 8.0

So Madden 06 was the LOWEST rated next gen game, mostly because they took a lot of features out to make the jump to next gen and a lot of the animations were broken.

dirk4mvp
08-15-2009, 03:02 AM
I'd rather have zosa give me advice than see what gamespot has to say about anything.

IronMexican
08-15-2009, 04:16 AM
My mistake. I shouldn't listen to my friend when he tells me soomething.

And how can they say this is the best one and give it a lower rating than 09?
I'd rate is 10,08,09,06. Never played 07 on next gen.

iggypop123
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
nfl 2k5 is still the best nfl game that came out

Cry Havoc
08-15-2009, 03:37 PM
nfl 2k5 is still the best nfl game that came out

+1

Tecmo Super Bowl deserves an honorable mention here.

Spursfan092120
08-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Dude..I love Madden 10. Had a similar thing happen to me online, and my TE took out their safety. No game's gonna be perfect..it's a video game. Tecmo Super Bowl may have been fun, but that's because we were kids. They were so many flaws in that game, it's sad. When it comes to Madden, I think it's great...you couldn't get more realistic. They've slowed it down to an actual football game pace, and they even have the actual throwing and kicking styles of the players. Couldn't be much more like an actual game. Either play it and enjoy...or don't.