PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically speaking..

mfanatic
08-15-2009, 03:38 AM
If the Blazers came across asking for Blair, which they want, a backup 4 that doesn't mind getting dirty, would you trade him for Batum straight up?

Batum is 6'9, 210 pounds. Think of it this way, game 7 in the Western Finals, it would be:

Parker - Fischer
Manu - Kobe
Jefferson - Artest
Batum - Odom
Duncan - Gasol

MUCH better match up IMO.

jesterbobman
08-15-2009, 04:25 AM
The Blazers used the 31st and 33rd picks on Bigs, a4/5 and a 3/4. They're not gonna make that offer. And, That lineup is poor Rebounding Wise. No, but Batum is a good prospect.

Sotongball21
08-15-2009, 06:56 AM
I don't think the lakers would use that line-up and I don't think we would want that line-up.

We would want more experience and we don't want to adjust to them, we want them to adjust to us.

I think it would be

Tony - Fisher
Manu - Kobe
Jefferson - Artest
Duncan - Odom
Dice - Gasol

But i think we will see a lot of switches.
It would be Spurs back court vs Lakers front court IMO.

And isn't Haislip here theoretically to guard Odom?
;D

buttsR4rebounding
08-15-2009, 07:59 AM
and we are paying RJ $14 million...and the Blazers have a glut of really good small forwards, they will be unloading one at some point and we can go after him then if we wish.

Muser
08-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah, but why would the Blazer trade Batum for an unproved player?

Danny.Zhu
08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Like we don't need a backup 4.

Riverwalkman
08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
If the Blazers came across asking for Blair, which they want, a backup 4 that doesn't mind getting dirty, would you trade him for Batum straight up?
No!:nope

SonOfAGun
08-15-2009, 12:13 PM
This man speaks blasphemy.

FromWayDowntown
08-15-2009, 12:34 PM
The Spurs get nowhere if they can't rebound, which is a crucial part of a team's defensive effectiveness. I'd think that most anyone who'd watched the Spurs over the last couple of seasons has realized that the Spurs need every bit of improvement on the glass that they can get. Blair seems a perfect fit for the Spurs (in a sense) because he helps to fill that need. So, unless the Blazers (or anyone else) are willing to give up a proven rebounder, I'd say no.

Marcus Bryant
08-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Why are Spurs fans trading Blair already?

timaios
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM

Batum is 6'9, 210 pounds. Think of it this way, game 7 in the Western Finals, it would be:

Parker - Fischer
Manu - Kobe
Jefferson - Artest
Batum - Odom
Duncan - Gasol

Where is Andrew Bynum ? :downspin:

Darthkiller
08-15-2009, 01:11 PM
the blazers passed up on blair like twice in the draft. why would they want them now and trading their starting SF for him. GTFO

Cry Havoc
08-15-2009, 01:24 PM
guy only has 191 posts. Spurs fans are not trading Blair, Spurs fan is trading Blair.

:lmao

And with that, I add you to my friends list.

iManu
08-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey, you guys!!! :( I resent that about that post about his posts. ;) I've been diehard since the Alvin Robertson days (when I was 7.) I have checked Spurstalk 4-5 times a day for the past 3 years. If I would have posted ONCE every time, I'd have over 5,000 posts.

That being said, your guys' post numbers are incredible, and I feel like I know you a little bit, and what a great passion to share: the Spurs. :D Also... I'd love to post a topic called "where are you from and how often do you check Spurstalk?" to get an idea of who's more addicted than I am (I know they're out there.. and all over) but I don't have the post numbers... to do it....

Though, I could be a real noob lookin' troll and do it anyway... anyone want to ask for me?

THAT being said, I wanted to trade up (no Manu) for the 5th pick of the Wizards to pick Blair (if he were still available, I thought he might go 3.) He was the best "center" in the draft. I didn't know about his knee problems and frankly...

I DON'T GIVE A FUCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast

The Franchise
08-15-2009, 02:24 PM

Parker - Fischer
Manu - Kobe
Jefferson - Artest
Batum - Odom
Duncan - Gasol

I would because I think Batum has a much higher ceiling. Remember he is still a baby.

duncan228
08-15-2009, 02:31 PM
... I'd love to post a topic called "where are you from and how often do you check Spurstalk?" to get an idea of who's more addicted than I am...

Here's the most recent 'Where are you from' thread. If you search you should find more. There's probably been a 'How often do you check SpursTalk' but I don't remember a recent one.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130645

FromWayDowntown
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I would because I think Batum has a much higher ceiling. Remember he is still a baby.

I'd agree that Batum's ultimate upside is probably better -- and I suspect that Batum will have a much longer window of time at or near his peak -- but the Spurs need the specific pieces that can constitute a contender and not just a bunch of talented guys.

If the Spurs don't rebound, they won't win. Of the players discussed, Blair gives them the best chance to do that.

UnWantedTheory
08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Nah...as stated above Batum would be awesome to have, but Blair has potential to fill a huge need for us at the moment in our waning contending days.