04-10-2005, 12:11 AM
who would you rather see dead?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Hmm, tough choice. :lol

Walton Buys Off Me
04-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe Eddie F. Rush.

NBA officiating in general is a total joke.

Tek_XX
04-10-2005, 12:29 AM
For Spurs fans it's got to be Jack Nies....prick

Tek_XX
04-10-2005, 12:30 AM
although i wish no one dead

exstatic
04-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Nies is the worst. How anyone could have a vendetta against a puppy dog like Tim just boggles the mind. Prick.

Solid D
04-10-2005, 01:12 AM
Q:Bennett Salvatore?

A:who would you rather see dead?

Hey it's Jeopardy!!!

Dead things for 40.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM
It's a tough call:

Salvatore
Eddie F. Rush
Jack Nies (vendetta with Tim)
Javie (vendetta with DRob)

and just because it's your duty as an NBA Fan:

"Knick" Bevetta.

T Park
04-10-2005, 01:28 AM
NBA officiating is the worst in sports.

Period.

Anyone that says otherwise should have a tackhammer hit them upside the fuckin head.

Obstructed_View
04-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I submit to you the strike zone, the tuck rule and the Brett Hull goal. NBA officials have less influence on the outcome of games, especially big games than officials in any other sport, which is a pretty ringing endorsement. In other words, NBA officials are the best officials in all sports. Period. NBA players whine more than any other players, and NBA fans whine more than any other fans, but given the speed of the game and the number of things happening at once, NBA refs do a better job with what they have by a long shot.

ShoogarBear
04-10-2005, 11:23 AM
NBA officiating is the worst in sports.

Period.

Anyone that says otherwise should have a tackhammer hit them upside the fuckin head.
Well, you're wrong.

It's Olympic officiating.

Big Shot Bob
04-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Joey Crawford and Jack Niece. Plus Bennit Salvator. :fro

foodie2
04-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Although as a woman I hate to admit it, I think Violet Palmer is just about the worst NBA referee from a just flat-out sucking perspective. It's not that she has vendettas against people, she just gets calls wrong. All the time.

picnroll
04-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Bennett Salvatore is the most clueless ref in the NBA. His calls are totally random. It's not that he tries to intentionally screw players but that he's just plain stupid. The fact that this guy has remained a ref all these years proves that there is no meaningful grading system in the NBA for refs. And then they let this clown do playoff games. Beyond belief.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 01:02 PM
The sad thing is they'll never fire Palmer until they find a better women's ref. She's like the NBA's version of Title IX.

Mugshot
04-10-2005, 01:45 PM
The sad thing is they'll never fire Palmer until they find a better women's ref. She's like the NBA's version of Title IX.

Dee Kanter????

:eyebrows

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:10 PM
palmer never does anything extreme, she keeps it even

salvatore must die

Kori Ellis
04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Although as a woman I hate to admit it, I think Violet Palmer is just about the worst NBA referee from a just flat-out sucking perspective. It's not that she has vendettas against people, she just gets calls wrong. All the time.

I completely agree. Sometimes I think she doesn't know all the rules.

slayermin
04-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Pop is always yelling at Violet. Pobrecita.

Actually, I would like to focus on the good refs. Any ref named Crawford. The Donnie Brasco ref. I also like Garretson.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 07:24 PM
The sad thing is they'll never fire Palmer until they find a better women's ref.

Agreed. Dee Kantner WAS a better ref. Palmer isn't so much Title IX as she is Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I'll say it: Dee got fired because she was the wrong skin color.

Tek_XX
04-10-2005, 09:21 PM
The all time worst in my book has to be Hugh Hollins, that guy was horrible. I remember ESPN had a segment on how the league revues the officiating in the game. The dude showed up to argue against it, obviously becuase hacks like him couldn't survive under that.

Wildcat Spur
06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
First off, I'm not even trying to say this had anything to do with last night's loss at all.

However, it does seem as if the Spurs seem to lose a lot of games, especially in the playoffs, when Salvatore is on the crew. Is there any way to compile a statistic of the Spurs record when this guy officiates the game.

The other oddity about him is that he always seems to show up in a series when it is 2-0, 3-0, or 3-2 and the series always seem to go one more game the other way.

It may just SEEM to be this way. Just wondered if this was just perception, or if stats back it up.

Thoughts?

dn0
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Salvatore's presence in a spur game is never a good sign.

ObiwanGinobili
06-22-2005, 08:56 AM
thursday will be Salvatore-free.

:elephant

ZappaFan
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Well it was evened out by having Crawford. I was reading a stat yesterday where the Pistons have lost something like 75% of the playoff games he's officiated in (I don't have the exact percentage but it's very lop-sided). The Pistons problems with Crawford go back a few years even. Did you catch the T he gave Brown last night? There were several people between he and Brown when he T'd LB up. It was like he was looking and waiting for something...

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 09:21 AM
thursday will be Salvatore-free.

:elephant

But we will have Knick Bavetta, who has never ever reffed a Spurs playoff win. :depressed

ALVAREZ6
06-22-2005, 09:23 AM
Why can't we just not have Bavetta or Salvatore, both of these guys suck ass.

NZHayden
06-22-2005, 09:26 AM
so are we planning to poison their food or something like the south africans did to nz at the 1995 world cup:flipoff
just kidding

DarrinS
06-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Salvatore doesn't shoot the ball for the Pistons.

Jimcs50
06-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Salvatore doesn't shoot the ball for the Pistons.

I wish he did, I wish he did.

:depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Probably going to see Bavetta and Joey Crawford Thursday, dunno about the third.

T Park
06-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Spurs had their chance last night.

This aint New Jersey and the Pistons werent gonna allow a freakin 19-0 run.

tlongII
06-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Spurs had their chance last night.

This aint New Jersey and the Pistons werent gonna allow a freakin 19-0 run.

How's the view from that ledge you're standing on?

modeleste
06-22-2005, 01:14 PM
What would be best is if Bavetta, Crawford, Garretson, and Salvatore were all absent. Then fans of both teams could feel it was a clean game.

GoSpurs21
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Probably going to see Bavetta and Joey Crawford Thursday, dunno about the third.if the pattern holds up the crew from game 3 will do game 7 so Joey Crawford but no Bavetta.

Joey has been pretty fair at SA

Wallace ²
06-22-2005, 02:10 PM
The Pistons are 2-12 when Joey Crawford is the ref. That is pretty bad when you consider the Pistons were 54-28 this year, plus 15-9 in the playoffs. Thats 37 Total losses and Joey Crawford was on nearly 33% of them.

Leetonidas
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Joey Crawford, Dick Bavetta, and Bob Delaney maybe?

chriskzoo
06-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Pistons when Craford or Salvatore were reffing this year in the playoffs: 2-7.
Without either Crawford or Salvatore: 13-2.

You do the math.

Wildcat Spur
06-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Pistons when Craford or Salvatore were reffing this year in the playoffs: 2-7.
Without either Crawford or Salvatore: 13-2.

You do the math.

Haven't the Spurs lost both Bennett Salvatore games in this series?

50 cent
06-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Salvatore is horrible. I'm so glad we are done with him. Knick Bavetta is just blind as a bat and I think he has gone a little senile.

I could tolerate Crawford, Delaney, and whoever else (except Nies) for tomorrow's game.

phyzik
12-03-2005, 02:40 AM
ok, I know this has probably been posted a million times (if not more) about how sucky Salvatore is when the Spurs play. I tohught I'd grab a few quotes from the years and compile them to see what I come up with. Im not talking stats or crap like that, just general concesus on his officiating.

Granted I may be a bit selective in my quotes, but that is why Im posting. I want people to point out the good stuff about Salvatore (as if the devil actually can do any good :angel ).

My goal is to hope we can all thoroughly explore why this guy "appears" to hate the Spurs so damn much. So lets just all start out with a few quotes over the years and build on that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what I am supposed to say? Thanks for the memories? Better luck next year? Everything is cherry water ice? The premature exit to the Pistons was all because of referee Bennett Salvatore, who whistled more than a construction worker on Rittenhouse Square in the springtime?

I cant

Eight days earlier, the Mavericks embarrassed our beloved Cavaliers, beating them by triple-digits in Dallas. But they didn’t count on an ANGRY club on Sunday. The high-octane Mavs were mounting a comeback and things seemed to be going swimmingly for them until referee Bennett Salvatore tossed Tractor and Drew Gooden. Both players chucked their sweatbands into the seats and were shown the door. The Gund went berserk.

2000, Knicks-Heat, Game 7 ... Knicks advance to the conference finals ... falling out of bounds, Latrell Sprewell awarded a timeout by referee Bennett Salvatore with 2.1 seconds left even though none of the Knicks called for one ... Sprewell admits after the game that he hadn't called a timeout ... the Miami players chase the referees off the court after the game, yelling that they had been robbed ... after the game, Jamal Mashburn tells reporters, "They had three officials in their pocket" and Tim Hardaway refers to referee Dick Bavetta as "Knick Bavetta."

These officials need to understand that when they are not noticed they are doing a good job. The less the officials are noticed the better the game is. This fact is lost on one particular NBA referee named Bennett Salvatore. This is a ref with a reputation of confrontations with players and coaches, but which is worse its almost as if he gets joy out of it. Last year he was miked up during a game and it was as if he was playing to the home audience with the way he was talking to the players and coaches, and calling the game almost as if he wanted their to be a confrontation. There is no place in sports for that, and if that's how he always calls the game he should be immediately fired. LINK - http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/tank/tankstake030104.html

That was just in 10 min. of "SKIMMING" through text. How much more can you find on this jerk-off?

SequSpur
12-03-2005, 02:42 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30123

phyzik
12-03-2005, 02:46 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30123

Thats a general "bash" thread on Salvatores officiating on a specific game. I want to know what he has been up to since he started and why he does what he does.

I feel its a different topic, if Kori, in all her infinate wisdom :smokin , thinks this should be merged then so be it.

ShoogarBear
02-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Spurs are losing; it had to be said.

FromWayDowntown
02-14-2006, 12:23 AM
With Salvatore, that sentiment is just a matter of general principle.

polandprzem
02-14-2006, 01:22 AM
What a focker. He let LeBron score on will.
44 points?
:flipoff Benett

ShoogarBear
04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Bump.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Bump.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Bump.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Bump.

Felonius Monk
04-29-2006, 12:16 AM
But we will have Knick Bavetta, who has never ever reffed a Spurs playoff win.

Actually, from game 1 of the 2003 playoffs through today, the Spurs have won 10 and lost 1 of the playoff games that Bavetta has worked.

spurs=bling
04-29-2006, 12:17 AM
palmer never does anything extreme, she keeps it even

salvatore must die
i second this.

phyzik
04-29-2006, 12:21 AM
For me its' between:

Salvatore
Bavetta
Palmers

If I had to really break it down, Bavetta is due for a heart attack any day now, Palmers is just a token Ref (sorry women) but Salvatore? He needs to be shot in both knee caps and dragged down the street old school Roman Style by his tallywhacker.

Figuratively speaking of course...... :angel