PDA

View Full Version : Do you text while driving?

Cry Havoc
08-16-2009, 10:09 PM
WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT. May be considered NSFW in some places. Not for the faint of heart.

8I54mlK0kVw

Normally things I watch do not affect me (or at least, the effects are relatively minimal). I have to say after watching this that I don't think I'll ever text again while driving. Damn.

PM5K
08-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes I do. Seems more like a commercial for side impact airbags.

spursfan1000
08-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry but that didnt touch me...

ashbeeigh
08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
I've texted once or twice...those times all stopped. But I'm not a fast text person even when I'm I'm souly dedicated to texting.

I have a friend who is a serial texter and driver. I can't stand it when she does it. I'm like "Do you want me to drive for you? Or to text that person for you?" It's not safe. And I could have told all of you that with or without watching that video.

Rodriguez
08-16-2009, 10:39 PM
I only text when waiting at the red lights, sometimes I rush the red though. :lol

bostonguy
08-16-2009, 10:47 PM
No I do not. I can't wait for a law to be passed to where you aren't allowed to text while driving. I have almost been involved in 3 wrecks due to dumbasses who weren't paying attention to the road. That shit gets on my nerves.

bostonguy
08-16-2009, 10:48 PM
In relation to the video, that is a damn good example of what could happen when you take your eyes off the road especially to do something such as texting.

dallaskd
08-16-2009, 10:49 PM
No, but its kind of hard texting while driving a standard

TDMVPDPOY
08-16-2009, 10:49 PM
i was drivin last night and some dude ahead of me was fkn slow ass...

i drove past him and saw him on the phone talkin...i hope he hits a fkn tree or someshit...

MavDynasty
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Damn, thats the kind of video they show at driving school. I don't txt while driving, it's just a dumbass thing to do....but I do txt every once in awhile at red lights.

marini martini
08-16-2009, 11:41 PM
I keep a case of hot sprite in my car, and if I see someone texting while
driving, I just pitch it at their car! They never even know who or what hit them!!!:toast

desflood
08-16-2009, 11:46 PM
***WARNING***

If I see you texting while you are driving, I will probably run you off the road. It's stupid and dangerous and I don't want to die because of your idiocy.

PM5K
08-16-2009, 11:50 PM
***WARNING***

If I see you texting while you are driving, I will probably run you off the road. It's stupid and dangerous and I don't want to die because of your idiocy.

Yeah because running people off the road isn't dangerous.

desflood
08-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah because running people off the road isn't dangerous.
Sure, it'll be dangerous for you, once. As opposed to the every time you drive and text and are dangerous to everybody else around you.

Walter Herrmann
08-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Sometimes, but only when no one is around me. And with one hand and I'm very slow lol.

PM5K
08-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Eh, you all change the volume and stations on your radios, don't be mad at me because I'm better at multitasking.

DMX7
08-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Somebody on Youtube posted this glorious comment:

"You mean if I text while I drive I get to fly in a helicopter! AWESOME!"

Slydragon
08-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Only at read lights once in awhile but for the most part I don't.

phyzik
08-17-2009, 12:24 AM
If I see you texting in a car, I WILL scare the shit out of you, I do it all the time. Fuck you self-important faggots that do that shit. I hope you fucking die a horrible flaming inferno of death if I happen to scare you enough to drive you off the road.

MI21
08-17-2009, 12:45 AM
It's illegal in Australia. Doing anything on a phone while driving is illegal, even holding it and using the loudspeaker function.

Cry Havoc
08-17-2009, 12:59 AM
If I see you texting in a car, I WILL scare the shit out of you, I do it all the time. Fuck you self-important faggots that do that shit. I hope you fucking die a horrible flaming inferno of death if I happen to scare you enough to drive you off the road.

You're an idiot. Someday you're going to scare somebody, they're going to lose control, and run right into a minivan with a family inside.

Or you're going to make some idiot lose control and kill his daughter strapped in the back seat that you didn't bother to look at because you're being a raging self-righteous prick who thinks they need to police the roads.

Will Hunting
08-17-2009, 01:29 AM
It's illegal in AZ but I do it when the roads are empty and I'm at a light. As sad as that is, it really didn't affect me. For one, idk what kind of Eurobitch car that is, but the drivers seat in my car is on the left side. Second, I'm not some blond ditz who can't multi task.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-17-2009, 01:39 AM
No, but its kind of hard texting while driving a standard

You're just not trying hard enough.

Strike
08-17-2009, 01:42 AM
I've seen enough crash scene photos and traffic light videos in my life that a produced clip like that doesn't affect me at all. With that said, I don't text while I'm driving. With the exception of talking to my ex-wife, who is deaf and uses text as primary phone communication, I barely text at all.

Cry Havoc
08-17-2009, 01:43 AM
I've seen enough crash scene photos and traffic light videos in my life that a produced clip like that doesn't affect me at all.

Do you see those crash scenes from INSIDE the car? I think there's a major difference, IMO.

ChumpDumper
08-17-2009, 02:01 AM
I've been in enough serious crashes to know better than to text.

Or drink.

Etc.

angelbelow
08-17-2009, 02:08 AM
I consider myself a damn good driver. Not only do I study the fundamentals but I stay up to date with new laws. This is all because I simply love to drive. My reaction time and ability to multitask is also very good. But I would never recommend talking on the phone or texting while driving. I hate it when people do it. Even though i'm confident with my driving skills I still feel like that I can't control my car the way i want to when I text or drive so I simply don't do it.

Further I believe that I am an above average driver, so if I don't feel confident when driving and using my cell phone I don't trust anyone else doing it.

CuckingFunt
08-17-2009, 02:18 AM
If sitting in the Starbucks drive-thru counts as driving, then I've done it twice. Otherwise, I would never even consider it. I don't talk on the phone when driving, either.

Mister Sinister
08-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Not unless I'm at a stoplight, and if the light goes green before I finish, Waspinator (my phone) goes back in the cupholder.

cherylsteele
08-17-2009, 03:58 AM
I don't text in or out of my car. I just don't like to text period. I do not talk on the phone while driving either, I either pull over, or wait until I get where I am going or find a parking area that is safe.

Spur|n|Austin
08-17-2009, 07:06 AM
Yes but I'm a superb driver.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 07:16 AM
No I do not. I can't wait for a law to be passed to where you aren't allowed to text while driving. I have almost been involved in 3 wrecks due to dumbasses who weren't paying attention to the road. That shit gets on my nerves.

Thanks to touchscreen phones I don't think any law like that will ever be passed unless they ban talking on your cell phone while driving too. For real, how'd you like to get pulled over because a cop thought you were texting while driving when all you were doing is scrolling through your iPod playlist and it turns out you have a warrant out for some ticket you never paid so you do four days in the slammer because you wanted to hear Mmmbop while you were driving back from Taco Bell? Fuck that.

Anyway, CH lost about half of his man points if the first thing he thought after seeing this video was to run to SpursTalk and make a very soccer mom-ish post about how he's turned over a new leaf and is going to put the phone down behind the wheel. It's like saying I quit cigarettes, weed and all other drugs today and am never going to touch them again in my life.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 07:23 AM
After reviewing the rest of this thread, it seems SpursTalk either:

A) Has lost its balls
B) Can't multitask behind the wheel (it's not that hard people)
C) Had its mojo stolen by evil space aliens
D) Sold out to The Man like the hippies
E) All of the above

For real people. I drive stoned or tripping four out of seven days a week minimum and I haven't been in an accident since I was 18. Grow a pair and get a touchscreen full keyboard phone if this video scared you.

desflood
08-17-2009, 07:40 AM
I drive stoned or tripping four out of seven days a week minimum
So you're a moron. Congratulations.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 07:47 AM
So you're a moron. Congratulations.

I could win the Indy 500 with a .12 BAC. Once you get to be as good at driving as I am, little things like intoxication and text messaging become non factors. whottt and JoeChalupa can attest to my amazing DUI skills.

desflood
08-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I could win the Indy 500 with a .12 BAC. Once you get to be as good at driving as I am, little things like intoxication and text messaging become non factors.
Oh, so you're an egotistical moron. Even better!

I don't know anything about whottt, but somehow I always figured JC to be a family man who would know better. How disappointing. Probably stupid of me, also, to assume something like that. Well, so, we're both morons :lol

Evil Angel
08-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Here is a word doc with state info from http://www.aaapublicaffairs.com/Main/Default.asp?CategoryID=3&SubCategoryID=35.

http://www.aaapublicaffairs.com/Assets/Files/2009871453120.DistractedDrivingLaws.doc

To those self proclaimed multitaskers, sooner or later your time will come. I just hope not at the expense of innocent life.
You may think you drive fine, but the split second you're not looking, a vehicle, kid or animal may be in your cross hairs. Not your fault of course. I mean you just didn't see them coming at you, right???

J.T.
08-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Well, so, we're both morons :lol

Speak for yourself, brah. I'm no moron. Just someone who can handle his shit behind the weel after a joint or on a few hits of cid.

desflood
08-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Just someone who can handle his shit behind the weel after a joint or on a few hits of cid.
Dear boy, I'm not your brah. Just call me sis. And it's hard to believe that a man who can't spell the word wheel can do something as complex as drive properly while stoned :lol

manufan10
08-17-2009, 08:53 AM
I do it. I don't stare down at my phone while I'm texting either. I know where the numbers/letters are. I just glance at the phone to make sure I'm spelling right. It's nothing different than changing the radio stations, checking your mirrors, looking down at your speedometer, or messing with the air conditioner.

z0sa
08-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Just call instead of text you stupid fucks. There absolutely NOTHING unsafe about driving and talking on the phone if you're not a retard.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Dear boy, I'm not your brah. Just call me sis. And it's hard to believe that a man who can't spell the word wheel can do something as complex as drive properly while stoned :lol

Ah. Female. It all makes sense now.

desflood
08-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Ah. Female. It all makes sense now.
Which part makes sense, exactly? The not being stupid enough to drive while stoned or texting part, or the being angry at people who endanger me while I'm driving part?

Cry Havoc
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
After reviewing the rest of this thread, it seems SpursTalk either:

A) Has lost its balls
B) Can't multitask behind the wheel (it's not that hard people)
C) Had its mojo stolen by evil space aliens
D) Sold out to The Man like the hippies
E) All of the above

For real people. I drive stoned or tripping four out of seven days a week minimum and I haven't been in an accident since I was 18. Grow a pair and get a touchscreen full keyboard phone if this video scared you.

You can have my man points. I'll keep my intelligence, which evidently waved "bye-bye" to you long ago. Thanks.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 09:32 AM
You can have my man points. I'll keep my intelligence, which evidently waved "bye-bye" to you long ago. Thanks.

I like how driving while stoned somehow equates to me having no intelligence. What a douche.

Dex
08-17-2009, 09:33 AM
:lmao Figures that the guy defending texting and driving is also defending trippin' and driving. That should tell you something right there.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Which part makes sense, exactly? The not being stupid enough to drive while stoned or texting part, or the being angry at people who endanger me while I'm driving part?

More along the lines of thinking people driving while stoned are endangering you in the first place. We're not like those crazy DWI folk with an open Budweiser in the cup holder.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 09:35 AM
:lmao Figures that the guy defending texting and driving is also defending trippin' and driving. That should tell you something right there.

The zero tickets or accidents in over seven years says something too. "You're all full of shit."

desflood
08-17-2009, 09:45 AM
The zero tickets or accidents in over seven years says something too.
It says, "I haven't been caught or killed myself yet so it must be okay."

J.T.
08-17-2009, 09:48 AM
It says, "I haven't been caught or killed myself yet so it must be okay."

That would've happened by now if I'm truly as dumb as all of you people seem to think I am. Next.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Just hit the bong. Driving to Valero for cigs. Brb.

z0sa
08-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Just hit the bong. Driving to Valero for cigs. Brb.

You know you're far too high to drive safely.

J.T.
08-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Back. Sup guys?

phyzik
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
You're an idiot. Someday you're going to scare somebody, they're going to lose control, and run right into a minivan with a family inside.

Or you're going to make some idiot lose control and kill his daughter strapped in the back seat that you didn't bother to look at because you're being a raging self-righteous prick who thinks they need to police the roads.

That shit could happen weather Im there or not if the person is texting while driving. Dont text and it wont happen (regardless if Im there or not). Its that fucking simple.

manufan10
08-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Back. Sup guys?

I guess it's never to early to get high, is it? :D

J.T.
08-17-2009, 10:16 AM
I guess it's never to early to get high, is it? :D

Wake and bake I saidddd :smokin

J.T.
08-17-2009, 10:18 AM
That shit could happen weather Im there or not if the person is texting while driving. Dont text and it wont happen (regardless if Im there or not). Its that fucking simple.

I get what you mean. It's kinda like brake-checking assholes who follow to closely, huh? I did that one time and some poor bastard wound up in the median. Too bad I didn't stop and render aid. Would've been a great opportunity to mail that guy a "Shit Happens" bumper sticker for Christmas.

bigzak25
08-17-2009, 10:19 AM
a mellow driver is a safe driver. :tu

Cry Havoc
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM

So your goal is to make SURE it happens, or at least drastically increase the odds of that. Nice. :tu

J.T.
08-17-2009, 10:33 AM

Rack this dude!

P.S. what's up Zak?

z0sa
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
So your goal is to make SURE it happens, or at least drastically increase the odds of that. Nice. :tu

are you ever not butthurt?

J.T.
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Let's just get this over with and make the "Do you drink while driving?" thread. We need another epic thread around here and I get the feeling that one would deliver.

bigzak25
08-17-2009, 11:07 AM
just tokin and cruisin JT...just tokin and cruisin...:smokin

BigZaksbackwindow
08-17-2009, 11:15 AM

and you know this... :hat

Jimcs50
08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
The dumb bitch was driving on the wrong side of the road, it had nothing to do with texting.

:p: