View Full Version : College FB Opening Weekend

tonylongoriafan
08-17-2009, 10:06 AM
what r u'r top, must see games? these are mine:

-oregon/boise st thursday night
-lsu/washington saturday night
-colorado/colorado st sunday night
-miami/fla st monday night

i'm thinking of gettin espn game plan, anyone else gonna get it?

Thunder Dan
08-17-2009, 10:33 AM
I hope Boise State gets bitch slapped by Oregon. I'm so sick and tired of mid majors bitching about the BCS. It's their own fault. If they wanted to get in the BCS they should drop out of their shitty conferences, go independent and schedule major conference teams like Notre Dame does. Then they would make a name for themselves and get invited to BCS games without any controversy. I'm sick of the fucking WAC and Mountain West. They play 1 team a year that is like the worst in their major conference and point to that as the reason they should be invited to the BCS

djohn14
08-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Missouri over Illinois!

DMX7
08-17-2009, 01:33 PM
that's a good point.

people hate on notre dame for not joining the big 10, but i think that would weaken their schedule

Amazing, you're probably right but they already play such a weak schedule. USC is the only really tough game, I think. Michigan sucks and the acadamy schools aren't going to do anything either.

pkbpkb81
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
OU vs byu

Thunder Dan
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Amazing, you're probably right but they already play such a weak schedule. USC is the only really tough game, I think. Michigan sucks and the acadamy schools aren't going to do anything either.

you mean Stanford and the Armed Forces don't count as good football teams?

DMX7
08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
you mean Stanford and the Armed Forces don't count as good football teams?

nope, unless they're 41 point underdogs.

symple19
08-17-2009, 09:46 PM
-oregon/boise st thursday night=oregon beat-down
-lsu/washington saturday night=LSU beat-down
-colorado/colorado st sunday night=nice early season rivalry, i'll take colorado
-miami/fla st monday night=best of your bunch, interesting to see if these teams are getting back to past glory.i'll take miami

Also, Georgia/Okie St=UGA by 10
Nevada/ND=I hate the domers, but they should win
BYU/OU=OU by 2 TDs
Alabama/Va Tech=War Eagle, Go Hokies!! Best of the weekend!!!!
Maryland/Cal= i'll take Cal in a nice matchup

Dr Cox
08-18-2009, 10:51 AM
texas tech vs north dakoda school of the blind

TFloss32
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
It doesn't matter who Notre Dame schedules at this point and I don't see them joining a conference in the near future (their NBC contract is through 2015). They've got bigger problems anyway. They're not winning as many games this year as ND fans think, and I expect Weis to be on the outs come December/January (maybe sooner). I think he likes himself too much to resign on his own, so ND will probably have to ask him quietly to step down in order for him to save face being an ND alum. Plus, when you get excited about Jimmy Clausen's 5 TD performance in the Hawaii Bowl, like my best friend who is an ND alum, something is wrong. They're simply underachieving (haven't won a real bowl game since 1994) if you look at the top recruiting classes they've had in the past couple of years. Big changes are needed if this program is ever going to get back to what it once was.

2009-10 Irish (8-4 at best)

Nevada= W
@ Michigan= W
Michigan St.= L
@ Purdue= W (could go either way)
Washington= W
USC= L
BC= L
Washington St. (San Antonio)= W
Navy= W (could go either way)
@ Pitt= L
UConn= W (could go either way)
@ Stanford= W (could go either way)

Girasuck
08-18-2009, 07:11 PM
OU vs byu

OU is gonna stomp all over BYU. 63-21 is my prediction.

Also, people who think Oregon will blow out Boise is in for a big surprise. Boise will win this game. They are virtually unbeatable on that blue turf.

gaKNOW!blee
08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
michigan state #3 big 10 last year
USC #1 Pac 10
Boston College #1 ACC
Pitt #2 Big East

weak!

#1 in the ACC and #2 in the Big East is like 4th and 5th in most conferences. If not lower.

symple19
08-19-2009, 03:50 AM
OU is gonna stomp all over BYU. 63-21 is my prediction.

Also, people who think Oregon will blow out Boise is in for a big surprise. Boise will win this game. They are virtually unbeatable on that blue turf.

You say Oregon will lose to Boise St. on the smurf turf, but pick them to win the Pac-10? You really think that highly of Boise?! If it was later on when weather is a factor I might listen to this, but early in the season I say no way. Oregon by 17.

tonylongoriafan
08-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Also, Georgia/Okie St=UGA by 10

missed that game...should be pretty good...the cowboys could really prove something week 1, but the bulldogs are always tough between the hedges

MajorMike
08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
missed that game...should be pretty good...the cowboys could really prove something week 1, but the bulldogs are always tough between the hedges

Its in Stillwater.

symple19
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey Capt. Mike, you should embed the Gundy, "come at me, I'm 40, I'm a man" in your sig. I love that sh!t. My guess is it helped with recruiting. True?

MajorMike
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes; its helping almost as much as the 200 million from Boone.

samikeyp
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
michigan state #3 big 10 last year
USC #1 Pac 10
Boston College #1 ACC
Pitt #2 Big East

weak!

Yeah, after the 2005 ND-MSU game, Weis said Notre Dame would never lose to Michigan State again.....guess his team forgot the memo in 07 and 08. :)

gaKNOW!blee
08-19-2009, 03:07 PM
funny for a psu fan to be talking mess about someones schedule

Just because our schedule is weak, doesn't mean yours isn't.

samikeyp
08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
their quarterback's last name was smoker! we didn't have a chance

Actually, 05 was Drew Stanton, 07 and 08 were Brian Hoyer.

Brutalis
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I am pumped for this college football season.

Georgia @ OK State looks like a good game. I think OSU are finished playing like a mid major for a while and will beat Georgia. And if they lose it won't be by much. Georgia has a new QB to break in and they face a tough early season schedule going to Stillwater and Fayetteville.

symple19
08-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes; its helping almost as much as the 200 million from Boone.

Building/improving facilities I would imagine. That always helps recruiting. Auburn has spent an ungodly amount on facilities. It's a never-ending game with rotten Bama, akin to the cold-war arms race. LOL.

MajorMike
08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
I fully understand Auburn's plight: having to compete with an instate school that did nothing but lie, cheat and steal to make a name for itself back in the day that can just snap their fingers today to get the top recruits and make NCAA violations go away.

symple19
08-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I fully understand Auburn's plight: having to compete with an instate school that did nothing but lie, cheat and steal to make a name for itself back in the day that can just snap their fingers today to get the top recruits and make NCAA violations go away.

Amen.