PDA

View Full Version : '24' Scoop - Time running out for Jack-Audrey reunion

JudynTX
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
If the coming season ends up being 24’s last, don’t count on Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack reconnecting with former love Audrey (Kim Raver), who lapsed into a catatonic state at the end of season 6. Exec producer Evan Katz tells me that a series-ending story has been hatched should 24 clock out for good next May—and it doesn’t involve an Audrey-Jack reunion.

“Some of the things we’re doing this season preclude [her returning],” he says. “So I think not. She was in bad shape the last time we saw her.”

Katz says a number of “contingencies are in place” that could either tie up the series or keep it going. (Reilly had suggested that the show’s hefty budget could make another season cost-prohibitive. Another hurdle: Sutherland’s contract expires in May.) “We have a scenario that would work well [if it's the end],” he says. “But we also have a bunch of scenarios where the show could go on in different ways…. We’re remaining flexible.”

What happens if a decision isn’t made by the time the final episode is shot in February? “That’s a great question,” says Katz. “Hopefully it’ll be clear before then.”

What say you, 24 fans? Bummed that time appears up for Jack and Audrey? Or are you too invested in Jack and Renee to care?

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/17/24-scoop-time-running-out-for-jack-audrey-reunion/

tonylongoriafan
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
how soon in advance do they typically write all the episodes?

ATRAIN
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Renee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Audry

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM

too bad jack can't use his penis anymore

clambake
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
people watch this show?

florige
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
people watch this show?

This is clearly one of the better shows on television.

JudynTX
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
people watch this show?

Nah :rolleyes

bostonguy
08-17-2009, 12:44 PM
I just finished the 7th season and I am now all caught up. I heard Freddy Prince Jr will be in season 8. Lame. That guy sucks.

tonylongoriafan
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I just finished the 7th season and I am now all caught up. I heard Freddy Prince Jr will be in season 8. Lame. That guy sucks.

it depends how they use him, i thought the same thing about that guy who played rudy

florige
08-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Nah :rolleyes

:lol

florige
08-17-2009, 01:19 PM

What?! I wonder what role he will be playing?

JudynTX
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM

Well, I mean seriously, come on......WTF would I start a thread about 24 if I didn't watch it. :rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I was glad to see Audrey go...Renee is MUCH hotter.

bostonguy
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM
That final scene of season 6 was rough. When Senator Heller told Jack that everything he touches dies or is ruined. :depressed

bostonguy
08-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Spoiler Alert for anyone who is watching 24 and isnt caught up:

Jack isn't going to die. You can't have 24 without him. I feel bad for Tony Almeida. I wanted him to kill that SOB who was behind Palmers and Michelles death. When he said "You killed my son". That broke my heart watching that.

bostonguy
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
What?! I wonder what role he will be playing?

He is going to be Jacks sidekick from what I heard.

angelbelow
08-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Season 7 was pretty weak IMO. Every week I found myself saying "Oh.. another filler episode..." and before I knew it the season was over.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-18-2009, 08:32 AM
He is going to be Jacks sidekick from what I heard.

Hopefully he'll be a sidekick in the tradition of Chase and Jack will spend most of the day beating him up and cutting limbs off. I hate that no talent ass clown.

ATRAIN
08-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Hopefully he'll be a sidekick in the tradition of Chase and Jack will spend most of the day beating him up and cutting limbs off. I hate that no talent ass clown.

lol poor Chase

Bender
08-18-2009, 11:32 AM

I was glad to see Audrey go...Renee is MUCH hotter.
yeah, I was never a fan of Audrey

JudynTX
08-18-2009, 11:59 AM
This show can't end. :(

florige
08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Audrey wasn't a good addition to the show imo. I would had much rather seen Jack and Kate Warner have a relationship rather than him and Audrey.

ATRAIN
08-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Audrey wasn't a good addition to the show imo. I would had much rather seen Jack and Kurt Warner have a relationship rather than him and Audrey.

thats cause your a homo

florige
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
thats cause your a homo

I was wondering what the heck you were talking about until I re-read it. lol

JudynTX
08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
The executive producer of 24 has hinted that season eight could be the last in the hit American series, according to reports in The Sun.

Howard Gordon said: "My hope is to go after the eighth season. That's sort of what we're aiming for."

And he said he was keen to do a film version of the show, which stars Kiefer Sutherland as agent Jack Bauer, but not until the TV series was over.

Howard said: "I take it one day at a time. I think we came to the conclusion that the only way we're going to do [the movie] is after the show's over. I don't think a big-screen 24 works while Jack is on TV."

Sky 1 is currently showing the seventh series in which Keifer Sutherland resumes his role as the maverick government agent. And Kiefer has hinted that the final ending will spell tragedy for Jack. :depressed

He said: "I think there is no winning. We're all going to die. There's something kind of sad in that, and yet there's something really beautiful and hopeful."

http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/us-series/24/news/will-24-end-after-season-eight/4788

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I am hearing mixed views on if this will be the final season or not. I heard Keifer say that it depends on if the writers come up with great storylines. I also heard that Freddy Prince Jr. could replace Keifer. That is a new low for television if that shit happens.

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 12:22 PM

That would be great. :lmao

JudynTX
08-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I am hearing mixed views on if this will be the final season or not. I heard Keifer say that it depends on if the writers come up with great storylines. I also heard that Freddy Prince Jr. could replace Keifer. That is a new low for television if that shit happens.

I will stop watching 24 if that happens. :nope

CosmicCowboy
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
i will stop watching 24 if that happens. :nope

x2

ATRAIN
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I will stop watching 24 if that happens. :nope

im sure 90% of viewers would.

florige
08-18-2009, 01:10 PM

I doubt the "24" producers are that stupid. For that much why not cast David Schimmer to replace him.

JudynTX
08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I doubt the "24" producers are that stupid. For that much why not cast David Schimmer to replace him.

What if they replace him with Jason Statham? :lmao

florige
08-18-2009, 01:25 PM

I think I would fly to California and off the producers personally. You are laughing, but I can totally see them casting that douchebag to replace him.

JudynTX
08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
I think I would fly to California and off the producers personally. You are laughing, but I can totally see them casting that douchebag to replace him.

:lol Be careful what I wish for huh?

ATRAIN
08-18-2009, 02:12 PM

:lmao