PDA

View Full Version : Annoying work people...

phxspurfan
08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
...taken from experience! I'll start:

The person who sits back in the meeting not participating, then asks a stupid question (most likely answered already) and gets ignored. Then the person stews in the corner and storms out all butthurt because they got ignored... :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2009, 12:09 PM
the person bitching about the coworkers on the internet when they should be working?

phxspurfan
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
the person bitching about the coworkers on the internet when they should be working?

Hey I'm multitasking! :P

BacktoBasics
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
People who breathe near me.

Summers
08-17-2009, 12:12 PM
...taken from experience! I'll start:

The person who sits back in the meeting not participating, then asks a stupid question (most likely answered already) and gets ignored. Then the person stews in the corner and storms out all butthurt because they got ignored... :rolleyes

Well, this isn't about work, but we had this really weird guy in my anatomy II class (in college part I) when I was in nursing school. He claimed to have a degree in biology or something scientific. I don't know if he was a liar or had sustained some sort of head injury, but one day after the professor had said something about cadavers, this guy stopped lecture to ask, "What is this cadabra you keep mentioning?" And I got the giggles. It was theater seating. I had to literally slide out of my chair and hide my face to keep from laughing out loud. It was awful.

mrsmaalox
08-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Well then you just need to answer their question, but also be sure to point out that the question had already been answered and that reanswering questions for those who are not paying attention is a waste of everyone's time! From then on, they will prefer to be ignored ;)

Strike
08-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Well then you just need to answer their question, but also be sure to point out that the question had already been answered and that reanswering questions for those who are not paying attention is a waste of everyone's time! From then on, they will prefer to be ignored ;)

Shame is a very useful tool. I'm a big fan.

CuckingFunt
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, this isn't about work, but we had this really weird guy in my anatomy II class (in college part I) when I was in nursing school. He claimed to have a degree in biology or something scientific. I don't know if he was a liar or had sustained some sort of head injury, but one day after the professor had said something about cadavers, this guy stopped lecture to ask, "What is this cadabra you keep mentioning?" And I got the giggles. It was theater seating. I had to literally slide out of my chair and hide my face to keep from laughing out loud. It was awful.

I've been in art history classes and forced to keep a straight face when people (yes, plural) have asked why the Greeks and Romans made so many sculptures without arms.

manufan10
08-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Coming to work, only to find out that no one else is here. :depressed

tonylongoriafan
08-17-2009, 01:19 PM
i hate the people of have a little bit of power but think they're god...

i told some dude from another company to eff his mother on friday cause he was on this crazy power trip...i'm sure he doesn't like me or my company, but i don't give crap...u'r a small part of a huge organization that has miniscual say of what i do...act professional and we get along, act a fool and u get verbally dick slapped like on friday

katyon6th
08-17-2009, 01:30 PM
i hate the people of have a little bit of power but think they're god...

i told some dude from another company to eff his mother on friday cause he was on this crazy power trip...i'm sure he doesn't like me or my company, but i don't give crap...u'r a small part of a huge organization that has miniscual say of what i do...act professional and we get along, act a fool and u get verbally dick slapped like on friday

Not sure what industry you're in or what you do, but you probably shouldn't have done that. Burning bridges, no matter how big or small, is never good.

phxspurfan
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Not sure what industry you're in or what you do, but you probably shouldn't have done that. Burning bridges, no matter how big or small, is never good.

I agree. There are other ways to teach him a lesson than possibly damaging your reputation.

jack sommerset
08-17-2009, 01:51 PM
People who talk to you while you are going to the bathroom.

jack sommerset
08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
People who pimp their kids products. "Johnny is in a competition at school and if you buy this can of popcorn for 15 bucks you can help him to the top" FUCK YOU!

katyon6th
08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
People who talk to you while you are going to the bathroom.

Especially when you have no idea who they are.

tonylongoriafan
08-17-2009, 02:17 PM

without getting too specific, people try to take advantage all of the time...we usually have one customer and a bunch of secondary companies a part of what goes on...i agree, it's always best to never be confrontational but sometimes you just have to lay it down...here's how the conversation went, keep in mind this is a meeting with 6 people.

him "this is not correct"
me "i appologize, i will make a note of it and have it corrected"
him "i mean look at this, what kind of idiot does stuff like this. i can't believe i drove 2 hours for this. this is a complete waste of my time."
me "i drove 2 hours to be here too, it's not a real big deal, everything else is okay, isn't it?"
him "everything else is fine but i wasted my whole night to be here and you fuckin' morons can't even do this correct."
me "first off, we re-scheduled this 2 times at your convenience, these people here right now (7pm on a friday night) were notified just a few hours ago about this meeting. the items you are pointing out can be easliy corrected, there's no need for name calling."
him "don't tell me what there's no need for. where's this, this, and that (utters you stupid muther effer under his breath while i'm standing 5 feet away and can obviously hear him)"
me "that was eliminated months ago, (i turn to my customer and say) it's obvious this gentleman has a minimal understanding of what is going here. i'm not going to stand here and let him continually attack my company and namecall"
him (this part is face to face about 12" away) "eff you, you mother effer...how am i suppose to keep track of all these changes when your dumb ass is always changing things...who the eff do u think u are?
me "u can go eff u'r mother. here's the one change that has been made so far which is signed and approved by this gentlemen (the owner), me, and your boss. i'm the guy who does his job, you must be the other guy."
him "well i wasn't aware of that"
me "eff off and tell your boss i said to eff off. email my customer your report. i'm sorry dan (my customer), this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, if something is incorrect we'll fix it but i'm not going to stand here and listen to someone complain who doesn't know what's going on after we've jumped through hoops to accomdate him...1. it's not professional courtesy and 2. it's not a part of my contract. this meeting is over. email me what you want us to do from his report."

ATRAIN
08-17-2009, 02:22 PM
when I ask for time off its a big deal because my team are incompetent fucktards but they leave me short staffed all the time because I can pick up their slack.

leemajors
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I pay people in Atrain's office to chew ice loudly near him.

katyon6th
08-17-2009, 02:28 PM
without getting too specific, people try to take advantage all of the time...we usually have one customer and a bunch of secondary companies a part of what goes on...i agree, it's always best to never be confrontational but sometimes you just have to lay it down...here's how the conversation went, keep in mind this is a meeting with 6 people.

Wow. This happened in front of the owner of your company and a customer? Although the guy was a total prick, there's still a tactful way to defend yourself and your company w/out being unprofessional. That's all I'm sayin'.

jack sommerset
08-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow. This happened in front of the owner of your company and a customer? Although the guy was a total prick, there's still a tactful way to defend yourself and your company w/out being unprofessional yourself. That's all I'm sayin'.

I find it funny he goes from" i appologize, i will make a note of it and have it corrected" to "u can go eff ur mother" in a few seconds.

:lol

tonylongoriafan
08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow. This happened in front of the owner of your company and a customer? Although the guy was a total prick, there's still a tactful way to defend yourself and your company w/out being unprofessional yourself. That's all I'm sayin'.

i was my company's represtative, he was his company's representative, we are both in contract with the same customer...oh i'm with you 99% of the time, what i'm sayin' is that 1% of the time you have put people in their place.

there was another situation with a different customer with a different third party who refused to respond to repeated requests where he was the generally accepted authority on the issue. it came to head at a meeting where i told him that i do not acknowledge his authority, his responsibilities were unclear, and his opinions are ambigous...some i'm doing things this way, in line with industry standards, and if you don't like it that's just too bad cause you're really nothing to me...

those are really the only 2 situations dealing with people trippin' with power this year

phxspurfan
08-17-2009, 03:06 PM
People who pimp their kids products. "Johnny is in a competition at school and if you buy this can of popcorn for 15 bucks you can help him to the top" FUCK YOU!

Crazy, I just had some chick ask me for half a grand to sponsor her kid (who I don't know) through private KINDERGARTEN. Apparently it costs upwards of $2500 for private kindergarten. They must have golden lunchboxes.

Man Sauce
08-17-2009, 08:41 PM
We have a fuckin ASS KISSING RAT on our crew a real piece of shit!:bang