PDA

View Full Version : hows my fantasy team?

Dr Cox
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM
qb. matt ryan, carson palmer
Rb. michael turner, brian westbrook, lendale white, fred taylor, ray rice,
wr. Brandon marshall lee evans andre johnson levernious coles
Te. Tony scheffler, brandon pettigrew
D Vikings D and broncos D (big broncos fan 99.9% sure it was a dumb pick but o well
K: rob barones (tenn) sp?
head coach:indi coach

game breakers

steals

dont count them out

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 11:36 PM
I was wondering about the coach thing too. Team seems pretty strong for a 10 team league...8 team league it's average.

Dr Cox
08-18-2009, 10:13 AM
10 team league

the head coach thing is however many points they win by u get more points...i thought it was stupid too but i didnt set up the league so no complaints

760Spursfan
08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I think the team you have is pretty solid. I wonder how Evans will do for you with TO across from him. I had him last year and he had a few good games but nothing crazy. Turner is a great pick up(was he your first pick) even though he wont have as many carries this year as he did last season.

Spursfan092120
08-18-2009, 03:39 PM
10 team league

the head coach thing is however many points they win by u get more points...i thought it was stupid too but i didnt set up the league so no complaints
Then you have a pretty solid team...way to go.

Dr Cox
08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
thanks im hopeing they do alright for me

i had the 2nd pick...and the first guy picked MJD ....wich really surprised me....

i couldnt decide between all day peterson or turner

i just thought i would take a risk and do turner and hope he doesn get injured like AP usually does

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I like Turner over AP. They both have question marks. The days of having stud running backs with no questions or concerns are over. Turner's scenario slightly improved from last year since Gonzo will draw attention and block extremely well, while AP's situation got slightly worse with Matt Birk, an all pro center and leader of that o-line, headed to Baltimore. You didn't know this at the time but any team with Favre will have possibility of imploding and becoming one of those 4-5 teams who don't have any fantasy production by week 12 cause they shut all their good players down with minor injuries.

rascal
08-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I have not seen any drafts at CBS sportsline where Turner is picked ahead of Peterson.
Turner had an easier schedule last year compared to what he gets this year with run defenses and he will be getting less carries this year. So don't expect to get the same type of production from him that you saw last year.

Also pick up McCoy if he is still available. Westbrook has a high chance of breaking down.
Palmer is a great value pick and could really get back to being a top qb. I would trade Turner and Westbrook(If I could not get McCoy). I like S Jackson more than Turner.

rascal
08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Get rid of Taylor and Pettigrew. Those guys are worthless. Pick up the Jets backup Greene instead of Taylor. Too may rbs on NE for Taylor to have any value. How many TDs will Taylor score with Maroney and Sammy Morris and Faulk? NE also likes to pass the ball inside the 10 to Moss for the jump ball TDs. And get McCoy if he is still available.

I'd take a chance with Vernon Davis over Pettigrew. Davis may finally have a break out year and he doesn't cost much. Reports are he is looking good in camp.

Dr Cox
08-19-2009, 01:28 PM
ya it was between pettigrew and davis...i couldnt figure out who to pick

i thought stafford and cullpepepr would you petigrew alot as a safty valvue and we all know detriot needs someone to dump it off to quick

im going to wave pettigrew and try to get davis still,

should i really get rid of fred taylor? i thought he would still be there best back?

and if so mccoy is gone...i dont really know who eles to get, dominiqe hixon is still there i might pick him up for the rb/wr position but there isnt that much more talent out there....

limas sweed or hakeem nicks

any other ideas...steve smith (nyg one)

or a underratted RB...Hillis? could be the broncos good goal line runner

rascal
08-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Maroney is NE best back. Taylor wasn't even very good in jacksonville as a starter last year.

rascal
08-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Trade for McCoy. You need Westbrook's backup. They say McCoy is like a younger version of Westbrook. if you can't get McCoy then trade Westbrook.

Dr Cox
08-20-2009, 12:01 PM
trade brian westbrook for mccoy? what if westbrook stays healthy this year....i could def do the trade but thats crazy if westbrook is healthy!!!

or am i crazy>?

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:08 PM
trade brian westbrook for mccoy? what if westbrook stays healthy this year....i could def do the trade but thats crazy if westbrook is healthy!!!

or am i crazy>?

Don't you know anything? Asking Westbrook to stay healthy for a year is not going to happen.

Dr Cox
08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
i guess i dont know n e thing, but i do know hes a pretty damn good back when he is...just scared to get rid of someone i drafted that high

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 12:16 PM
i guess i dont know n e thing, but i do know hes a pretty damn good back when he is...just scared to get rid of someone i drafted that high

You should try to trade Westbrook for Gore, or Steven Jackson. You'd be better off

rascal
08-21-2009, 05:58 AM

or am i crazy>?

No do not trade Westbrook for McCoy. trade someone else for McCoy.

rascal
08-21-2009, 05:59 AM
You should try to trade Westbrook for Gore, or Steven Jackson. You'd be better off

If you can get Jackson or Gore trade westbrook for either of them, especially Jackson.

rascal
08-21-2009, 06:01 AM
Bottom line is if you want to keep Westbrook then try to get his backup (McCoy).

Dr Cox
08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
na i dont want to keep him ...just want to make sure i get good stuff in return...

maby i can package westbrook and taylor for someone better

Dr Cox
08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
have vernon davis insted of pettigrew now

rascal
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Is Chris Henry available on waivers? He is looking really good. Pick him up if he is. Cincy plans on using him. He and Chad Johnson both will have good years.

I would get rid of Lee Evans also. Try getting Anthony Gonzalez and a good rb in a package deal and move Lee Evans and Westbrook.

Dr Cox
08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
c i thought lee evans would do good with to on his team...but i will try to work something out....

thanks for the help!!!

rascal
08-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Anthony Gonzalez has more upside than Lee Evans.

rascal
08-21-2009, 01:38 PM
have vernon davis insted of pettigrew now

Vernon Davis will put it together one of these years and you want to be on board when that happens. He doesn't cost you anything so why not see if its this year.

Blake
08-25-2009, 09:35 PM
honestly, for a ten team league, your team basically sucks.

michael turner is overrated, westbrook is fragile, your only WR worth anything is Andre, your QBs are nothing more than serviceable and your TEs are mediocre.

hit that free agent list hard.

BUMP
08-25-2009, 09:44 PM
that looks like a shitty fucking team you faggot

rockets
08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
:rolleyes ^^^^and then the tech douchebags roll in.....

Blake
08-25-2009, 10:11 PM
:rolleyes ^^^^and then the tech douchebags roll in.....

a tech fan started this thread.

are you really a dipshit or just pretending for fun?

Dr Cox
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
turner overratted...i dont think stats lie..but whatever

Blake
08-27-2009, 11:18 PM
turner overratted...i dont think stats lie..but whatever

Michael Turner said last year was like his rookie season, and who can blame him for feeling that way.

After spending four years playing behind LaDainian Tomlinson in San Diego, Turner went to Atlanta as a free agent and became a star.

He showed off his skills with 1,699 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns and finished as the No. 2 running back in the majority of Fantasy leagues. It was exactly the type of year Turner hoped for, and the Falcons couldn't have asked for a better payout on their investment.

But Falcons coach Mike Smith may have overused Turner in his breakout 2008 season, riding him to an improbable playoff run.

He led the NFL with 376 attempts and was the centerpiece in Atlanta's offense with rookie Matt Ryan learning the ropes under center. But every running back who has carried the ball at least 370 times in the past 20 years has suffered the following season.

Turner is hoping to break that streak, but history is not on his side. It could be a tough year for Turner, and it's something to consider on Draft Day.

"I'm not concerned about that," Turner said in a recent phone interview with CBSSports.com. "It's football. I can't sit there and count the carries, and neither can the coaches. We just have to play and see what happens."

The "Curse of 370," which was first pointed out by Football Outsiders founder Aaron Schatz in 2004, has a long history. Since 1988, 17 running backs have had at least 370 carries. None have improved their rushing yards or touchdowns in the following season, and eight (Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Curtis Martin, Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, Jamal Anderson, Terrell Davis and Barry Foster) suffered injuries, some even career-ending.

Ricky Williams also had a brief retirement after two consecutive seasons of at least 380 carries in 2002-03, citing wear-and-tear issues. The average decline for the previous 16 running backs with at least 370 carries has been 771 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns, which would put Turner at under 1,000 yards rushing and seven touchdowns this season.

Turner isn't worried about a breakdown. His previous high for carries in a season was 80 playing behind Tomlinson in 2006, which is why he feels like his career is just getting started.

"I spent four years being a backup, so I don't have much wear and tear," Turner said. "I feel fresh. I feel like this is just my second or third year in the league."

Turner can point to Tomlinson as a beacon of hope. Tomlinson is one of the few running backs who made it through consecutive 16-game seasons coming off a 370-carry campaign in 2002, and he only suffered a slight decline in production. Emmitt Smith had productive years twice after 370 carry seasons in 1992 and 1995, and Eric Dickerson also played well after a 370-carry year in 1988.

Michael Turner ran over some of the worst run defenses in the NFL last year. He rushed for 1,699 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns in 2009, but a good portion of his success came against five of the seven lowest-ranked run defenses in the league in Detroit, Oakland, Kansas City, St. Louis and Green Bay. Turner totaled 792 rushing yards and seven touchdowns against those teams. That's almost half of his production, and this year he doesn't face one run defense ranked in the bottom 10 based on last year's totals.

Turner vs. the worst run defenses in '08

Opponent Rank vs. Run Results
Week 1 vs. DET No. 32 22 car., 220 yds., 2 TDs
Week 3 vs. KC No. 30 23 car., 104 yds., 3 TDs
Week 5 at GB No. 26 26 car., 121 yds., TD
Week 9 at OAK No. 31 31 car., 139 yds.
Week 17 vs. STL No. 29 25 car., 208 yds., TD

Turner vs. the best run defenses in '08

Opponent Rank vs. Run Results
Week 6 vs. CHI No. 5 25 car., 54 yds.
Week 8 at PHI No. 4 17 car., 58 yds.
Week 16 at MIN No. 1 19 car., 70 yds., TD

Turner can still be an effective and dynamic running back this season. He has a tremendous offensive line and an improved offense with Matt Ryan, Roddy White and now Tony Gonzalez.

Turner also benefits from being one of the best goal-line options in the NFL. He led the league with 70 carries inside the red zone last year and came away from 15 touchdowns inside the 20-yard line.

He worked hard this offseason to remain in shape and also wants to improve as a receiver. He only had six catches for 41 receiving yards last season.

"I just have to continue to bring the same intensity and not get too comfortable," Turner said.

Turner also has to hope he gets to face some poor run defenses like he did last year. He dominated Detroit, Kansas City, Green Bay, Oakland and St. Louis, which were among the worst run defenses in the league, for 792 rushing yards and seven touchdowns. He also ran over Carolina, San Diego and Tampa Bay, but the majority of his success came against those other teams.

This year, he doesn't face one team ranked in the bottom 10 run defenses based on last year's totals. It could be a long year.

You should still draft Turner in the first round in all Fantasy leagues. He is a featured back and has the chance to score plenty of touchdowns for an explosive offense.

But he will likely see a decline in production based on his carries from last season and could struggle with the tougher schedule. He should not be drafted No. 1 overall or even in the Top 3 with Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew and Matt Forte all better options.

All we're saying is to be careful with Turner on Draft Day. If you reach for him too high you could be disappointed.

Have a question or a comment for Jamey about Fantasy Football? Send your thoughts or questions to [email protected] and he'll get to as many as he can. Be sure to put Attn: Michael Turner in the subject field. Include your full name, hometown and state.

Dr Cox
08-28-2009, 10:42 AM
so were going of past Rb's now? hes a freak...he may not do as well..but he is not a bust...thats just stupid to say that...thats taking advantage of shitty D's

he does have atougher schedule this year...but i still think he will do ok...who knows though im probly wrong

shoudl i trade him then?

Blake
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
so were going of past Rb's now? hes a freak...he may not do as well..but he is not a bust...thats just stupid to say that...thats taking advantage of shitty D's

he does have atougher schedule this year...but i still think he will do ok...who knows though im probly wrong

shoudl i trade him then? who called him a bust? If you are in a ppr league you should trade him.