PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Koponen's rights!

Parker2112
08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/08/17/finland-shocks-france-77-73-petteri-koponen-outplays-tony-parker/#comments

We need a backup PG!

exstatic
08-17-2009, 08:23 PM
lol Frenchies

Pucho!!!
08-17-2009, 08:38 PM
We need a backup PG!

We got 1, G Hill!!!

Parker2112
08-17-2009, 08:44 PM
We got 1, G Hill!!!

We need another one. A second stringer. I saw Hill during summer league, and honestly his handles will work in the regular season, but they won't cut it during the pressure-packed playoffs.

Full press on G Hill by a quality back-court in the playoffs would result in an ulcer for :pop:

I'm still a G. Hill fan though don't get me wrong. His defense has already arrived, and if his stroke is consistent this year, he will be a versatile 2 for us, IMHO.

Demo Dick Marcinko
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Legitimate question, except for 2 things; Petteri's defense is less then stellar and who gets cut or put on the IR? Offensively, his potential is intriguing. Great size at 6'5" though not an elite athlete, his forte right now is geared more towards a fast break game rather then a half court style, so I bet he won't even be considered by the FO.

tomtom
08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I think Blazers dropped his rights or something I believe, I think i remember hearing it around draft night. Don't quote me though. I know he played great in SL a year or two ago but haven't heard of him since

Demo Dick Marcinko
08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah I remember seeing him a few years ago in the Nike Hoops Summit and I got the feeling he would be an impact player in a few years for some NBA or Euro league team, but he kind of fell off the face of the map.

lil_penny
08-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Last years summer league came down to him or batum.. batum had a not so good summer league had koponen did pretty well.. however the team saw something in batum and took him and let koponen go back to finland to play.. but I'm pretty sure they dropped his rights during this years draft. So I'm thinking he's up for grabs.

MarCowMar
08-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Ian Mahinmi played little in the first half, but in the second half he was very active and mobile for a 10-minute stretch, scoring efficiently at the rim (5/7) and rebounding well. He got 12 pts and 5 rebs in just 12 minutes. His post defense against the wily moves of veteran Möttölä was also the best on the French team.

Nice to hear Ian got to play and did well.

spursfaninla
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
I must admit that I was not happy to hear that Tony is still hurt...but that figures. I guess they would not let him play if he could easily injure it worse.

Good to hear that Ian got some minutes and did very well.

I would not be opposed to getting Koponen as the 2nd backup pg, keeping Ghill as a defensive perimeter backup for the 2 spot, and getting rid of Mason/finley some time.

Rogue
08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't think Koponen is qualified for the requirements of Spurs. With Tony Longoria playing as starting PG and gobbling 36 or so minutes per game, I don't think there's any urgency to get a third PG.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-17-2009, 11:19 PM
He played terrible in Italian League last year.

timaios
08-17-2009, 11:29 PM
I must admit that I was not happy to hear that Tony is still hurt...but that figures. I guess they would not let him play if he could easily injure it worse.

Tony is fine, he is just out of rhythm.
That's why he played against Finland. He played a big game friday and was tired 3 days later.
That's normal when you come back from an injury, especially when you have just played one real game in 3 months.

eisfeld
08-18-2009, 12:51 AM
He played terrible in Italian League last year.

He indeed played terrible.
Averaging 2.8 pts in 14.1 Minutes. His shooting is atrocious - 36.7 % from the field and 23.9 % from 3pt land. He's still a raw player - with some time he might develop into a good role-player in the NBA but his time has not come yet.

ChumpDumper
08-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Legitimate question, except for 2 things; Petteri's defense is less then stellar and who gets cut or put on the IR? Offensively, his potential is intriguing. Great size at 6'5" though not an elite athlete, his forte right now is geared more towards a fast break game rather then a half court style, so I bet he won't even be considered by the FO.Eh, we already have a 6'7" point guard project who has some experience with the system.

admiralsnackbar
08-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Until Pritchard gets a squad on the court that actually gels, he's just going to keep on stockpiling talent and playing fantasy ball.

Even if this weren't so, however, he's too shrewd to take anyone but Blair or Hill in return -- neither of whom it would behoove us to trade away.

spursfan1000
08-18-2009, 03:42 AM
Koponen :lol

mountainballer
08-18-2009, 03:54 AM
We need another one. A second stringer.

and this one is a totally unproven PG project from Suomi, who wasn't even ready for second tire European competition ???? how naive are you?

Darkwaters
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Honka Playboys. How awesome is that?