PDA

View Full Version : Why the Cavs are better than the Lakers

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:13 PM
The PG matchup:
Mo Williams/Delonte West will be huge headaches for the Lakers D. Good luck containing either one of these studs.

The SG matchup:
Kobe won't have the luxary of being guarded by a pg anymore. Anthony Parker will make him work for his points and contest anything and everything Kobe attempts. Parker has the size to give Kobe hell.

The SF matchup:
Lebron is the best player in the league and Artest is declining so badly it isnt even funny. Bron will often send Artest to the bench with foul trouble and GMAFB about Luke Walton or Adam Morrison.

The PF Matchup:
With Jamario Moon and resigning Varajeo, we have guys who can matchup with Odom/Gasol. Varajeo would get under Gasols skin so badly that he would take him out of his game. Moon's athleticism is flat out sick and he will lock down on Odom.

The C matchup:
Shaq is still a dominant bigman who will own the hell out of Andrew Bynum. A rejuvinated Shaq scares Laker fans. They know how great Shaq is when he wants to be. He wants to win a ring for the king and he will.

The Bench:
With these amazing signings, the Cavs have even more depth than the Lakers do. Gibson/West/Hickson/Moon/Z>>>>>>>>>>>>Farmar/Sasha/Walton/Odom/Powell/Mbenga.

I am calling you out Laker fans. If you have any guts to disagree, explain to me why you do. Explain to me why the Cavs offseason wasn't better than the Lakers. Explain to me how the Cavs arent a matchup nightmare for the Lakers.

blink
08-17-2009, 09:18 PM
you still wont beat magic or celtics so it doesnt matter :lol

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
you still wont beat magic or celtics so it doesnt matter :lol

Celts can't win at the Q and they got worse this summer. They aren't all that. The Magic lost Hedo and got an old Vince Carter so they got worse. Plus we have Shaq to shut Howard down. Nice try kid.

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
lol @ Delonte West being a stud...and Bynum/Shaq is going to be interesting
bd-FLEDTfao
But why are you comparing yourself to LA? You have to get to the Finals to have a game against them that means anything.

iggypop123
08-17-2009, 09:30 PM
mo couldnt do shit against trash like rafer alston and jamario moon is supposed to scare me? odom would destroy him if they wanted to go small

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
mo couldnt do shit against trash like rafer alston and jamario moon is supposed to scare me? odom would destroy him if they wanted to go small
Dude...I love that chick in your sig. She's the main reason I watch "How I Met Your Mother." Now I watch it because it's funny as hell...but damn...she's freaking fantastic

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
. The Magic lost Hedo and got an old Vince Carter so they got worse. Plus we have Shaq to shut Howard down. Nice try kid.

Talking about Vince being old. How old is Shaq?

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:38 PM
lol @ Delonte West being a stud...and Bynum/Shaq is going to be interesting
bd-FLEDTfao
But why are you comparing yourself to LA? You have to get to the Finals to have a game against them that means anything.

Who is going to stop us? Orlando got worse with VC and we have the Howard stopper in Shaq. We own the Magic now in the matchups. Boston can't win at the Q and they didn't get any better either. How are the Cavs not making it to the finals? They have the team set now. Shaq makes that much of a difference. Having him puts us over everybody including the Lakers.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
I mean don't get me wrong, the Cavs had a good offseason but saying they're better than the champs who only lost Ariza and upgraded with Artest, nice try kid.

Lebron4MVP
Talking about Vince being old. How old is Shaq?

37 but he can still dominate games. He is motivated so he can keep playing at this level 3-4 more years.

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Who is going to stop us? Orlando got worse with VC and we have the Howard stopper in Shaq. We own the Magic now in the matchups. Boston can't win at the Q and they didn't get any better either. How are the Cavs not making it to the finals? They have the team set now. Shaq makes that much of a difference. Having him puts us over everybody including the Lakers.
You can't use "Boston can't win at the Q." That's just ignorant. The teams are different. Rasheed is going to make them tougher, and they'll have a much better team. I have Boston getting to the Finals. Cleveland is good, but I don't think Shaq makes them the best in the East..just my opinion.

Lebron4MVP
I mean don't get me wrong, the Cavs had a good offseason but saying they're better than the champs who only lost Ariza and upgraded with Artest, nice try kid.

Artest isn't all that on D anymore. Shaq/Parker/Moon/Powe makes us that much stronger and deeper than the Champs. You better pray you don't see us in the finals. We have the team to kick your ass and you know it. We give you all sorts of matchup problems on both sides.

Spursfan092120
37 but he can still dominate games. He is motivated so he can keep playing at this level 3-4 more years.
lol @ saying Shaq will be at a high level after he's 40 years old.

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
You can't use "Boston can't win at the Q." That's just ignorant. The teams are different. Rasheed is going to make them tougher, and they'll have a much better team. I have Boston getting to the Finals. Cleveland is good, but I don't think Shaq makes them the best in the East..just my opinion.

Shaq is still a dominant player. I respect your opinion tho.

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Artest isn't all that on D anymore. Shaq/Parker/Moon/Powe makes us that much stronger and deeper than the Champs. You better pray you don't see us in the finals. We have the team to kick your ass and you know it. We give you all sorts of matchup problems on both sides.
?? Have you watched Artest? Dude is top 5 perimeter defenders in the league..easy. I'm not a Laker fan by any means, but the Lakers are a better team than Cleveland...by a long shot.

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Shaq is still a dominant player. I respect your opinion tho.
yes...right now he is..but he's old, man. And if he's around 3-4 more years..which I doubt he will be, he'll be carrying a heavy frame on 40 year old legs...domination is tough at that point.

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
lol @ saying Shaq will be at a high level after he's 40 years old.

Well 2-3 more years at worse. It all depends on how motivated the big daddy is. If he plays like he did last year, he will still be a dominant big until 40-41 years old.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-17-2009, 09:43 PM

3-4 years highly unlikely, imo. By the time playoffs roll around next year, he would be 38. So you're saying he'll play pass 40, I don't think so.

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:44 PM
?? Have you watched Artest? Dude is top 5 perimeter defenders in the league..easy. I'm not a Laker fan by any means, but the Lakers are a better team than Cleveland...by a long shot.

He was one of the top defenders in the league. He is declining rather quickly. Ariza would have given James a tougher time. Better by a long shot? :lmao

lefty
08-17-2009, 09:44 PM
The PG matchup:
Mo Williams/Delonte West will be huge headaches for the Lakers D. Good luck containing either one of these studs.

The SG matchup:
Kobe won't have the luxary of being guarded by a pg anymore. Anthony Parker will make him work for his points and contest anything and everything Kobe attempts. Parker has the size to give Kobe hell.

The SF matchup:
Lebron is the best player in the league and Artest is declining so badly it isnt even funny. Bron will often send Artest to the bench with foul trouble and GMAFB about Luke Walton or Adam Morrison.

The PF Matchup:
With Jamario Moon and resigning Varajeo, we have guys who can matchup with Odom/Gasol. Varajeo would get under Gasols skin so badly that he would take him out of his game. Moon's athleticism is flat out sick and he will lock down on Odom.

The C matchup:
Shaq is still a dominant bigman who will own the hell out of Andrew Bynum. A rejuvinated Shaq scares Laker fans. They know how great Shaq is when he wants to be. He wants to win a ring for the king and he will.

The Bench:
With these amazing signings, the Cavs have even more depth than the Lakers do. Gibson/West/Hickson/Moon/Z>>>>>>>>>>>>Farmar/Sasha/Walton/Odom/Powell/Mbenga.

I am calling you out Laker fans. If you have any guts to disagree, explain to me why you do. Explain to me why the Cavs offseason wasn't better than the Lakers. Explain to me how the Cavs arent a matchup nightmare for the Lakers.

I hate most Laker fans but they are certainly 10000000 times smarter than you

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
3-4 years highly unlikely, imo. By the time playoffs roll around next year, he would be 38. So you're saying he'll play pass 40, I don't think so.

If he wants to, he can play pass 40. As i said, it all hinges on how motivated he is. After bringing a title to Cleveland, he may just call it quits. I bet he signs a 2-3 year deal with the team tho.

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 09:47 PM

Spare me the personal insults. If you have something to bring up in a Lakers/Cavs whose team is better debate...say it.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-17-2009, 09:50 PM

The Lakers are pretty much the same team. Look what we did to your team last season, in the other hand you have a lot of new players that need to get into the system. At least let the season begin.

turiaf for president
08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
to say mo pete will give kobe hell but artest wont be affective against lebron is retarded. what did kobe do to the raptors? oh yea he dropped 81 on them

Spursfan092120
08-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Better by a long shot? :lmao
ummm...yeah

KidCongo
08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
We only need motivated Shaq for one year :hat

My Fault
08-17-2009, 09:57 PM
He was one of the top defenders in the league. He is declining rather quickly. Ariza would have given James a tougher time. Better by a long shot? :lmao

Ariza would've been pushed around by James. Artest will guard him much better...

lefty
Spare me the personal insults. If you have something to bring up in a Lakers/Cavs whose team is better debate...say it.

You are right.

I apologize, sorry if I offended you :toast

How about this:

Nice 1st post, even if it wasn't your 1st post

KidCongo
to say mo pete will give kobe hell but artest wont be affective against lebron is retarded. what did kobe do to the raptors? oh yea he dropped 81 on them

The Hornets have Mo Pete :lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
The PF Matchup:

Lol, Varejao getting under Gasol's skin so badly, LO still going to shine if he wants to. So Moon better wish that Odom doesn't show up when they play against each other or else........

jag
08-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Referring to Shaq as "dominant" is laughable at this point in his career.

Culburn369
08-17-2009, 10:03 PM

Yer way short then:::he ain't been motivated since Buss ran him off.

lefty
08-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Referring to Shaq is laughable

fify

Culburn369
08-17-2009, 10:04 PM
fify

What does >fify< mean, Lefty?

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Just keep your fingers crossed that the Queen gets her Ring.

KidCongo
08-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Yer way short then:::he ain't been motivated since Buss ran him off.

Orrr not. To get no.5 before Kobe and TD. He also wants to put the fake Superman in his place.

KidCongo
08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
What does >fify< mean, Lefty?

Fixed it for ya.

Culburn369
08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Fixed it for ya.

Thanks, KING.

turiaf for president
08-17-2009, 10:13 PM
The Hornets have Mo Pete :lol

ok genius

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260122013

carrao45
08-17-2009, 10:29 PM
The PG matchup:
Mo Williams/Delonte West will be huge headaches for the Lakers D. Good luck containing either one of these studs:lmao.

The SG matchup:
Kobe won't have the luxary of being guarded by a pg anymore. Anthony Parker will make him work for his points and contest anything and everything Kobe attempts. Parker has the size to give Kobe hell:lmao.

The SF matchup: is the best player in the league and Artest is declining so badly it isnt even funny. Bron will often send Artest to the bench with foul trouble and GMAFB about Luke Walton or Adam Morrison.

The PF Matchup:
With Jamario Moon and resigning Varajeo, we have guys who can matchup with Odom/Gasol. Varajeo would get under Gasols skin so badly that he would take him out of his game. Moon's athleticism is flat out sick and he will lock down on Odom. This would be the stupidest thing i ever read if I hadn't just read about your SG matchup

The C matchup:

The Bench:

Because Shaq is getting older, is likely to have injuries and miss games. And LeBron has bad games against the Lakers because the Lakers two seven footers at the basket contest LeBron better than anyone. If you need proof just look at thee LA/CLE games last season

carrao45
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM

Shaq can't stop Howard. Prime Shaq didn't even try very hard on the defensive end, and now he is 37, much to old to ''Stop'' D12

carrao45
08-17-2009, 10:33 PM

Name some matchup problems then

Medvedenko
08-17-2009, 10:40 PM
This thread is all full of win....why because of the great and courageous first post.

Lol Moon and Parker
Lol 81 points.....

Paker can't gaurd Kobe at all. I've seen him destroy him too many times. Also watching Moon play on the Raps last year and he barely got off the bench....good luck.
I like the Shaq move, since I'm a fan. Still, good luck getting owned in this thread. I give your Cavs a better chance next season.

Culburn369
08-17-2009, 11:17 PM
You got one player, James...the remainder is just a mish mash/Chinese fire drill of waiver wire materiel, ham & eggers, and retreads.

KidCongo
08-17-2009, 11:20 PM
This thread is all full of win....why because of the great and courageous first post.

Lol Moon and Parker
Lol 81 points.....

Paker can't gaurd Kobe at all. I've seen him destroy him too many times. Also watching Moon play on the Raps last year and he barely got off the bench....good luck.
I like the Shaq move, since I'm a fan. Still, good luck getting owned in this thread. I give your Cavs a better chance next season.

Moon started 114/132 games with the Raptors. He should be a good pick-up and adds great depth to the Cavs bench.

Right now I'd rather LeBron on Kobe and Moon on Odom than having Hickson guard Odom or Parker guard Kobe with LJ on Odom.

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Name some matchup problems then

Um I did in my original post. Our PGs will give Phillip Jackson headaches. Shaq will be a major issue for you guys. Bynum will get in foul trouble, Gasol cant guard him, and Mbenga?:lmao

Lebron James of course is a matchup nightmare as well.

Kobe will be Kobe but Anthony Parker will be why Kobe struggles against our suffocating D.

You win the pf advantage on the offensive end but we win it on the defensive side. That's a wash since neither of our pfs will do anything.

Lebron4MVP
08-17-2009, 11:28 PM
How could I forget about Leon Powe. Just wait until he gets back from his knee injury. That guy will give this team yet another weapon and another player to worry about for the Lakers.

blink
08-17-2009, 11:55 PM
this homerism is hilarious. then again, every team has their homers.

god i will love it when lebron leaves cleveland so i can shove it in the face of all these blind cavs fans.

cobbler
08-18-2009, 12:04 AM
The PG matchup:

:lmao

Like they lit us up last year? Or how they lit up the playoffs?

The SG matchup:

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The SF matchup:

Like he lit us up last year? Ariza, Walton, and Kobe were enough to hold him in check and will most times they play.

artest: career- fg% .422 3p% 342 Reb 5.1 Ast 3.2 Blk.6 Pts 16.1
last year fg% .401 3p% 399 Reb 5.2 Ast 3.3 Blk.3 Pts 17.1

It appears that last year he was above his career avg in 4 of 6 catagories. Hmmmmmm....

The PF Matchup:

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The C matchup:

Shaq is done. Rejuvinated? He played well in Phoenix but still did not play back to backs. He didnt even play in the playoffs so there is no telling how he would have done when the competition stiffens. How's that ring he promised to win for Nash looking? :toast

The Bench:

Do they play when it counts?:wow

Lakers are the champs. Lakers improved. Cavs didnt even win their conference. Cavs improved. If i was a Cav player or fan I would be more worried about the Celts and Magic before I start thinking Lakers. I guarantee you the Lakers are thinking Spurs, Nuggs etc .

But thanks for thinking about Lakers... The fear consumes you!

KidCongo
08-18-2009, 12:10 AM
ok genius

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260122013

Yeh he said Anthony Parker not Morris Peterson.

Also Parker and Moon didn't get 81 points dropped on them because they weren't on that roster.

Medvedenko
08-18-2009, 12:11 AM
I thought Shaq was motivated in Phoenix as well.....

Your defense is Moon on Odom....good luck with that.
No one on your team can guard Gasol.

Regardless it's how the team plays not on single matchups like you so eloquently stated on your first post. It really doesn't matter until chemistry is attained and with all of those new bodies, good luck. Oh, and who's your coach again....folds when it counts.

UrAphag
08-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Once playoff time comes, it's just going to be Lebron carrying the cavs. Shaq will probably be out with some "injury" and the rest of the cavs will choke just like last year.

Oh and

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/nardovictor/gif/sports/Mo.gif

iggypop123
08-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Dude...I love that chick in your sig. She's the main reason I watch "How I Met Your Mother." Now I watch it because it's funny as hell...but damn...she's freaking fantastic

yeah she is hot stuff. too bad she is taken and had a kid

OceaNus
08-18-2009, 12:27 AM

Boston has pretty much the best anti-shaq line up. You can't really expect shaq to put you over the hump at this point.

La Peace
08-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Honeestly, nobody is scared of cleveland.

They are the same not good enough team they were last year with a couple of average swingmen and this guy who is supposed to stop dwight howard:

ifDl0fNDEr0

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 12:32 AM
I thought Shaq was motivated in Phoenix as well.....

Your defense is Moon on Odom....good luck with that.
No one on your team can guard Gasol.

Regardless it's how the team plays not on single matchups like you so eloquently stated on your first post. It really doesn't matter until chemistry is attained and with all of those new bodies, good luck. Oh, and who's your coach again....folds when it counts.

Odom is great at matching up with non-athletic players. Best of luck to him when he meets his match with Moon.

Varajeo can guard Gasol and do a pretty damn good job of it. Gasol will lose his composure when Varajeo does his flops. Varajeo can and will limit Gasol offensively.

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 12:33 AM

They are the same not good enough team they were last year with a couple of average swingmen and this guy who is supposed to stop dwight howard:

ifDl0fNDEr0

Shaq flopped. Big deal. He will shut down Howard when we meet Orlando this year.

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Lakers are the champs. Lakers improved. Cavs didnt even win their conference. Cavs improved. If i was a Cav player or fan I would be more worried about the Celts and Magic before I start thinking Lakers. I guarantee you the Lakers are thinking Spurs, Nuggs etc .

But thanks for thinking about Lakers... The fear consumes you!

I hardly fear the Lakers. They are soft and suck at defense. A team like the Cavs would easily expose those weaknesses.

The_Game
08-18-2009, 12:39 AM
I hardly fear the Lakers. They are soft and suck at defense. A team like the Cavs would easily expose those weaknesses.

:lol:lol:lol

Cavs have far bigger holes than L.A could ever have...Cavs still didn't improve their major weaknessess this summer. Where is that 2nd scorer on the outside? where is the post defense to defend Odom, Gasol and even Bynum? Shaq isn't going to help there.

Sdayi135
08-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Cavs aren't better than either Boston or Orlando. How could they be better than the Lakers?

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Um I did in my original post. Our PGs will give Phillip Jackson headaches. Shaq will be a major issue for you guys. Bynum will get in foul trouble, Gasol cant guard him, and Mbenga?:lmao
Mo williams is a jump shooter, the kind of guard that doesnt give Fisher trouble. The kinds of PG's that hurt the Lakers are quick penetrating PG's, which Mo Williams is not. Oh and Mo sucks Major ass in the finals.

And Shaq will be even less of a threat than last year, and will have more wear and tear. There is doubt that he can get through the regular season, much less all the way to the finals

Lebron James of course is a matchup nightmare as well. That's a given

Kobe will be Kobe but Anthony Parker will be why Kobe struggles against our suffocating D. :lmao you are a dumbass

You win the pf advantage on the offensive end but we win it on the defensive side. That's a wash since neither of our pfs will do anything. Your PF's can't guard the Lakers PF's, and your PF's aren't good enough offensively for the Lakers to have to pay much attention to them

And the Kobe/Gasol pick and roll is very effective against most teams. It will be far more effective against the Cavs, because Cleveland just got possibly the worst Pick&Roll defending center in the game (Shaq). Good luck against the Lakers

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Odom is great at matching up with non-athletic players. Best of luck to him when he meets his match with Moon.

Varajeo can guard Gasol and do a pretty damn good job of it. Gasol will lose his composure when Varajeo does his flops. Varajeo can and will limit Gasol offensively.

I dont remember that happening last year...

Oh and good luck trying to win while using Mike Brown's pick up league offense

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:59 AM

ifDl0fNDEr0

:lol:lol:lol

Cavs have far bigger holes than L.A could ever have...Cavs still didn't improve their major weaknessess this summer. Where is that 2nd scorer on the outside? where is the post defense to defend Odom, Gasol and even Bynum? Shaq isn't going to help there.

Cavs aren't better than either Boston or Orlando. How could they be better than the Lakers?

Listen to the voices of reason Cavs fan

Cant_Be_Faded
08-18-2009, 01:01 AM
rofl, cavs?

They are a fucking joke now, no way in the nearterm future they reach a 2007 level of play. They signed fatfuck and think they are contenders still? This ain't 2004, nor 2006. They did not do a damn thing to improve this year, and will continue to depend on a seemingly ever-elevating lebron james ceiling, a number two scorer who is a total joke, and a slightly above average defensive core, tagged along by a coach who is obviously suffering from Avery Johnson syndrome (started out amazing, ends up total shit).

POW

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 01:09 AM
I can first hand admit the Cavs match-up well with the Celts. But the fact that any of their fans think they can match-up and go toe to toe with the Lakers is flat out comedy. Cavs MIGHT be able to get 2 games if anything. Even if they had HCA, it wont matter against a team like the Lakers. I am sure Thunderdan and Joetait both know their teams have no chance in hell of eliminating the Lakers 4 times in a 7 game series. Put down the xbox 360 controller.

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:09 AM
LOL talk about counting chickens ! Who knows MAYBE the Cavs will STILL have the best record and HCA throught the playoffs ...but that doesnt change the fact they have been beaten by the Magic, Spurs & Celts the past 3 seasons...beat THEM FIRST ..then we can talk. Otherwise know your role! Until you do (beat the Lakers, Celts Spurs or Magic in the playoffs or Finals) you are like the Suns or Mavs great all hype but no substance when it counts ...

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:13 AM
I dont remember that happening last year...

Oh and good luck trying to win while using Mike Brown's pick up league offense

Good luck trying to grow some balls and learning how to play D

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:15 AM

Look regular season doesn't mean much because the FIRST TIME the Cavs played a good team in the playoffs Lebron left the court like a a little spoiled pu$$y imstead of the future of the NBA (myself included) feel he is ...
The Cavs are good but NBA champions? Really?! you believe that after the Spurs, Celts and magic re-loaded and LAkers return mostly intact? I doubt you really do maybe you're trying to convince yourself ...

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:16 AM
I can first hand admit the Cavs match-up well with the Celts. But the fact that any of their fans think they can match-up and go toe to toe with the Lakers is flat out comedy. Cavs MIGHT be able to get 2 games if anything. Even if they had HCA, it wont matter against a team like the Lakers. I am sure Thunderdan and Joetait both know their teams have no chance in hell of eliminating the Lakers 4 times in a 7 game series. Put down the xbox 360 controller.

Shut the fuck up you stupid classless Boston piece of shit fan. Are your knees sore from all the cock sucking you give the Lakers? You are pathetic. You better pray you get home court against the Cavs because we are going to beat you on our way to the championship.

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:17 AM
As for thr Celts vs. Cavs tough matchup but id take Celts if KG is healthy ...
vs, Magic? I also like the Magic ...Cavs 3rd best in East ...

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:18 AM
Look regular season doesn't mean much because the FIRST TIME the Cavs played a good team in the playoffs Lebron left the court like a a little spoiled pu$$y imstead of the future of the NBA (myself included) feel he is ...
The Cavs are good but NBA champions? Really?! you believe that after the Spurs, Celts and magic re-loaded and LAkers return mostly intact? I doubt you really do maybe you're trying to convince yourself ...

Fuck yeah we are the team to beat.
We got a proven #2 dominant low post player in Shaq. We got more athletic with Jamario Moon and Leon Powe. We resigned a damn good defender in Varajeo. Lebron is hungry. We have an all star in Mo Williams and a damn good backup in Deltone West. Our bench is very solid. Mike Brown is a poor mans Popovich. This team is the spurs of the east based on how they play.

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:20 AM
As for thr Celts vs. Cavs tough matchup but id take Celts if KG is healthy ...
vs, Magic? I also like the Magic ...Cavs 3rd best in East ...

Keep underestimating the Cavs. Truth is you fear us. You feared us last year. Don't lie to me or yourself. You were scared shitless of having to face the possiblity of playing the Cavs in the finals without home court advantage.

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Best record in the NBA? Check.
Only one loss at home with starters. Check.
MVP for Lebron? Check.
Back to Back sweeps to start playoffs? Check.

GREAT year Cavs fan but what is missing? Why does the city of Cleveland feel so empty? Oh yeah cuz you have NONE of these!!! :lobt2::lmao

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Shut the fuck up you stupid classless Boston piece of shit fan. Are your knees sore from all the cock sucking you give the Lakers? You are pathetic. You better pray you get home court against the Cavs because we are going to beat you on our way to the championship.

:lmao:lmao:lmao Sounds like I struck a nerve.

cobbler
08-18-2009, 01:23 AM

Like they did last year?

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:23 AM
Keep underestimating the Cavs. Truth is you fear us. You feared us last year. Don't lie to me or yourself. You were scared shitless of having to face the possiblity of playing the Cavs in the finals without home court advantage.

Lakers
First win at Q? Check.
Season sweep of Cavs? check.
NBA Finals? Check.
2009 NBA Champions? Check mate!

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:25 AM
We got a proven #2 dominant low post player in Shaq. We got more athletic with Jamario Moon and Leon Powe. We resigned a damn good defender in Varajeo. Lebron is hungry. We have an all star in Mo Williams and a damn good backup in Deltone West. Our bench is very solid. Mike Brown is a poor mans Popovich. This team is the spurs of the east based on how they play.

EXCEPT the SPURS ACTUALLY have these :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: Cavs don't!

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Lakers
First win at Q? Check.
Season sweep of Cavs? check.
NBA Finals? Check.
2009 NBA Champions? Check mate!

Imagine if you had to try to win another game at the Q. We were also missing Deltonte West for that game which made a huge difference.

Sdayi135
08-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Keep underestimating the Cavs. Truth is you fear us. You feared us last year.

So a team that won the championship should fear a team that was a LeBron lucky 3 from being swept from the ECF? Interesting.

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:28 AM

Stuck a nerve? Nah. Your hand tired from that jerking off you give to Laker fans. I swear you are a fake Boston fan. You should be hating the Lakers like the rest of us. How the fuck can you hate the Cavs more than the Lakers? Again you are a fake Boston fan. Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit logic.

cobbler
08-18-2009, 01:29 AM

The nerve of ignorance.:bang

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Oh and another thing BOSTONGUY...

You are pathetic for needing advice on hitting on your friends sister. You sad desperate piece of shit.

Sdayi135
08-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Don't lie to me or yourself. You were scared shitless of having to face the possiblity of playing the Cavs in the finals without home court advantage.

So the Lakers should have been scared of the possiblity of facing a team they owned twice during the regular season?

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:33 AM
LEBRON is poised to be the FUTURE of the NBA too bad (for cavs fans or maybe Knick fans?) we LIVE in the PRESENT!!!

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Stuck a nerve? Nah. Your hand tired from that jerking off you give to Laker fans. I swear you are a fake Boston fan. You should be hating the Lakers like the rest of us. How the fuck can you hate the Cavs more than the Lakers? Again you are a fake Boston fan. Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit logic.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

cobbler
08-18-2009, 01:34 AM
You call people out and dare them to prove you wrong... and your replies turn to pathetic personal attacks and "hitting on your sister" jabs?

Our country really needs to clean up the school system.

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:35 AM
So the Lakers should have been scared of the possiblity of facing a team they owned twice during the regular season?

The fact that they would have had to face the pressure of winning in the toughest arena in the league again, fuck yeah they should be scared.

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Oh and another thing BOSTONGUY...

You are pathetic for needing advice on hitting on your friends sister. You sad desperate piece of shit.

Wow you are reaching now. You must have been searching my post history to pull that personal attack out.

Killakobe81
08-18-2009, 01:41 AM
If Lebron went to say Miami to play with Wade or Chicago to play with Rose i might be nervous I am NEVER scared ...but while on the Cavs? Yall just a fun regular season matchup twice a year nothing more, nothing less.

Lebron4MVP
08-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Fuck this. I am tired of arguing with unrealistic fans. Im off to bed....OUT!

UrAphag
08-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Aww damnit

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/troll_detected.png

TheMACHINE
08-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Who's Moon and Parker. Never heard of em.

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-18-2009, 03:26 AM
The Lakers are the best team in the NBA until proven otherwise, they just won the freaking title suckaaaassss!!!

:lobt2: = enough said! :toast

Chieflion
08-18-2009, 05:46 AM
This is the type of idiot I was talking about. Moon a PF? Can't comprehend that softie playing PF.

mystargtr34
08-18-2009, 06:01 AM
The Shaq trade definately helps them match up with the Lakers, but the advantage Kobe and Pau will have over their opponents is greater than the advantage LeBron and Shaq will have over their matchup. The key to that series would probably come to down to Odom and Mo Williams to an extent, which is a good sign for the Lakers.

TheManFromAcme
08-18-2009, 06:13 AM
The PG matchup:

The SG matchup:

The SF matchup:

The PF Matchup:

The C matchup:

The Bench:

:blah:blah:blah

Please make sure you are around May of 2010 so that we can validate your analysis son. You have a nice team on paper but the city of Cleveland will never :nope see the sparkle of a LOB. Get use to it son.

jonnybravo
08-18-2009, 06:20 AM
The fact that they would have had to face the pressure of winning in the toughest arena in the league again, fuck yeah they should be scared.

They teabagged Mr. sporstmansip in the toughest arena in the league.

This is all a moot point. Cheer as loud as you can. I'm sure you're a Lebron first fan so it won't affect you one bit when he leaves that shithole of a city.

Sdayi135
08-18-2009, 06:59 AM

The same arena the Lakers won with an ill Kobe Bryant and without Andrew Bynum?

The same arena where LO and Gasol pretty much had their way (especially in the third quarter) with Cleveland's front line last year?

:rolleyes Ok.

Sdayi135
08-18-2009, 07:00 AM
I'd be surprised if Shaq's anywhere as good as he was in Phoenix this past season.

2Cleva
08-18-2009, 07:19 AM
I come here not to talk trash as much as to engage in good basketball debate with fans of other teams than tend to be knowledgable. So when I saw this title I was ready for some good basketball back and forth.

One look at the original post, I have been thoroughly disappointed. Hopefully some Cavs fans who know what they are talking about will join so this can get good instead of the beatdown its been.

KidCongo
08-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I'd be surprised if Shaq's anywhere as good as he was in Phoenix this past season.

28mins of post offence a game and being healthy for the playoffs is what I'm hoping he provides. Big Z and Shaq should both be fresh for the playoffs due to being able to split time throughout the season and being able to sorta substitute for each-other on back to backs.

KidCongo
08-18-2009, 07:45 AM
I come here not to talk trash as much as to engage in good basketball debate with fans of other teams than tend to be knowledgable. So when I saw this title I was ready for some good basketball back and forth.

One look at the original post, I have been thoroughly disappointed. Hopefully some Cavs fans who know what they are talking about will join so this can get good instead of the beatdown its been.

Seriously though if the Cavs can't exploit the Lakers biggest weakness which is the point guard match-up I doubt they can win 4 games in a 7 game series.

Gasol is massive problem due to his skill level and size. AV can only pester him so much.

KSeal
08-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Shannon Brown will shut Mo down if Mo even bothers to show up.

2Cleva
08-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Seriously though if the Cavs can't exploit the Lakers biggest weakness which is the point guard match-up I doubt they can win 4 games in a 7 game series.

Gasol is massive problem due to his skill level and size. AV can only pester him so much.

That's the thing. Yes, Williams is better than Fisher but its not like Williams is going to be iso'ing Fisher - or as if that's his game. Williams lives off the catch and shoot from LeBron (and will from Shaq) but LA knows well about that and will just stay home on him. Its not Parker getting in the paint or even Nelson breaking the defense down and setting up others.

Yeah, Gasol would tear Varejao a new one.

Whats also tough for Cle against LA is the speed of LA's big men. Pau, LO, and Bynum will all beat Shaq, Z, and Varejao downcourt so LA can play big but still use their speed game. Cavs will be exclusively a halfcourt team except for LeBron's breakaways.

Cavs only hope against LA would be to play physical basketball, grind it out, and hope LeBron wins it in the end. But they don't have the defenders to do that at any position.

So plan B has to be Shaq turning back the clock 3-4 years. Cle also has to find another perimeter player that can create their own offense.

TheSullyMonster
08-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Has anybody been consistently dominant at Shaq's age?

I mean, maybe Kareem. But he tapered off slowly, he didn't fall off so substantially year to year.

And even then, Kareem was playing with Magic at Shaq's age.

Counting on Shaq to be consistently dominant when he's sitting out back to backs is pretty optimistic, I think.

I mean, sure. If you want to say "LeBron will win 3 games, Shaq only has to win one" I might buy that from an optimistic homer, but it's a bit of a mistake to count on Shaq so much.

2Cleva
08-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Typically all big men fall off at Shaq's age. Robinson, Hakeem, Wilt, Ewing, etc...

Phx was smart in limiting Shaq's B2Bs and minutes. Can Cleveland resist and do the same?

What LeBron needed was a 2nd star. Shaq is it but Shaq can't be counted on for 82 games and 30+ minutes a night. Or for an entire playoff series (his last 2 years in LA he showed a drop off when games were every other night).

Not to mention the East is tougher. Whoever doesn't get the first seed will likely face a tough 1st round (Atl, Chi, and Wash won't be easy outs) and go through the other two great teams as well.

So HCA is paramount and Cle doesn't have the help to do it.

What Cle should be doing is keep going after Michael Redd. Even if it costs them Z and Delonte'.

KidCongo
08-18-2009, 08:38 AM
That's the thing. Yes, Williams is better than Fisher but its not like Williams is going to be iso'ing Fisher - or as if that's his game. Williams lives off the catch and shoot from LeBron (and will from Shaq) but LA knows well about that and will just stay home on him. Its not Parker getting in the paint or even Nelson breaking the defense down and setting up others.

Mo had a bit more of that 1 on 1 game with the Bucks. Obviously with less of the ball in his hands he became a more efficient shooter but scored less off his own bat. Delonte is a guy who has to be more aggressive when he gets minutes against the Lakers PG's, however he is not a guy that is going to score many points off iso's.

Yeah, Gasol would tear Varejao a new one.

Whats also tough for Cle against LA is the speed of LA's big men. Pau, LO, and Bynum will all beat Shaq, Z, and Varejao downcourt so LA can play big but still use their speed game. Cavs will be exclusively a halfcourt team except for LeBron's breakaways.

Foul trouble is the way the Cavs will have to try break the Lakers big men. Shaq and LJ are capable of this but the Lakers have players capable of doing the exact same to the Cavs. The Cavs going small with James at PF and Moon at SF or even Anthony Parker (can he? I don't know much about him) would be a way to speed the game up however this line-up would only be used against the Lakers when Odom is playing at PF. Moon or LJ guarding Gasol means trouble.

Cavs only hope against LA would be to play physical basketball, grind it out, and hope LeBron wins it in the end. But they don't have the defenders to do that at any position.

This physical play is something that Brown and LJ talk about in interviews but in that Orlando series the Cavs weren't physical at some points and it cost them. I'll be looking for a change to that but we'll only see how physical they are when they play the Celtics/Magic in the ECF or 2nd round.

So plan B has to be Shaq turning back the clock 3-4 years. Cle also has to find another perimeter player that can create their own offense.

There is improved athleticism on the bench now. It's something that I hope could be used in a high intensity defense. Giving the players less time but asking for more intensity. Full-court press anyone? :lol

I think Shaq's post offense is a great weapon and something LeBron hasn't had. We'll have to see how it works. Another perimeter scorer would be great but it is what it is.

LeBron, Shaq, and shooters. Having Big Z come off the bench could throw opposing teams off a bit. Totally different style to Shaq. The Cavs have got to make LA try match-up with them and that comes down to Mike Brown and his development as a coach.

In the end it would take a massive defensive effort whilst having the shooters 'making the shots they're supposed too'. It would be exciting seeing LJ vs Kobe, take their rivalry to new heights with a bit Shaq mixed in there to spice it up.

We all gotta wait until the season starts to see how these acquistions fit, but right now its the Lakers title to lose IMO.

2Cleva
08-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I agree with most of your points.

LeBron, Shaq, and shooters. Having Big Z come off the bench could throw opposing teams off a bit. Totally different style to Shaq. The Cavs have got to make LA try match-up with them and that comes down to Mike Brown and his development as a coach.

That's the thing and the biggest problem each of the main contenders have. Cle, SA, Bos, Orl - How do they dictate style against the Lakers?

When LA was controlling the game last year - whether its pounding the post, pick and roll with Kobe, or going uptempo - no team had a chance to beat them. So far, only physical teams have been able to contain them at all. Boston in 08. Houston for a few games in the 2nd round. Denver for a few spurts in the WCF.

But to do that next year, especially with LA having one of the most physical players out there in Artest, is going to be even tougher.

The other key factor is LA's top 7-8 are so talented, versatile, and play both ends. Its not like they are going to have to take out any starters for specialists because of matchup problems. Kobe, Fisher, Artest, Pau, Bynum, LO, Brown, and Walton. That's what LA is going into the trench with every night no matter who they are matched up against and it plays well against the other top teams. Only Fisher and Walton can't defend but Fisher can flop his way through and they can hide Walton enough and don't depend on him to finish.

Yeah, LA is the clear-cut favorite for a reason. I haven't been this confident about a ring since the 2000-01 season.

2Cleva
08-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Back to Cleveland, how they use Shaq is paramount.

If I'm Cleveland, I watch lots of video of the third Laker championship team - when Kobe was arguably better than Shaq.

Shaq will come in talking about being a sidekick but that never will sit with his ego. Don't even feed into that. In the first 3 quarters, whenever Shaq is in the game the entire offense has to run through him, even if it makes LeBron just a shooter. You have to milk him for what he's worth when he's able to preform. When he sits, LeBron then can iso and attack to do his thing. But when Shaq is in there, Cleveland has to use him wisely. Kobe got that, Wade did too. Nash didn't have a clue.

Also, come playoff time, forget about Shaq being the defensive stopper to Howard. He'll only be able to do it in spurts.

2Cleva
08-18-2009, 09:09 AM
On defense though, Cleveland is going to be a mess. Whether its Z or Shaq, teams are going to pick and roll them to death at the endgame. No way getting around that one I fear.

JamStone
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Shaq can still be relatively dominant in today's NBA because the center position has been the weakest it has been basically in the history of the game over the last decade. And, it's weaker now, especially with Yao out for the season. There aren't dominant centers in the game. Dwight Howard might be the only current younger center who is, and his game is pretty flawed itself. That's why Shaq can still make a difference maker. He'll be going up against much smaller centers or power forward/center hybrids or just really average skilled players at center. With Zydrunas, Shaq only has to play 25-30 mpg and probably on the shorter side of that range. He can sit out plenty of games during the regular season. The major concern is him staying in pretty good shape and not getting injured. He can still make a difference.

Whether that gets the Cavaliers past the really good teams that have the size and talent up front is another question. Shaq doesn't put the Cavs past the Celtics or Lakers. But, I think Shaq does help the Cavs.

Culburn369
08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Whether that gets the Cavaliers past the really good teams that have the size and talent up front is another question. Shaq doesn't put the Cavs past the Celtics or Lakers. But, I think Shaq does help the Cavs.

He'll goose the gate.

DJB
08-18-2009, 09:23 AM

These Cleveland trolls are getting so feisty. LeBron won't win a title any time soon. He has to wait for Duncan and Kobe to retire and then it will be his turn.

But until then... witness this you chumps: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:+:lobt:

DJB
08-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh and one more thing... why is it that Cleveland fans are so cocky going in to next season? There's a reason why LeBron didn't sign that contract extension...

:depressed

Culburn369
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
But until then... witness this you chumps: :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:+:lobt:

Please. You got 3 regular rings + that strike 1.

DJB
08-18-2009, 09:34 AM

No that's 4 + the one that we're going to pry from Kobe's finger tips this season... :toast

Muser
08-18-2009, 09:39 AM

And that strike ring is so sweet Cully :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-18-2009, 09:56 AM
The PG matchup:

I couldn't even make it through one sentence before :lmao

Dr Cox
08-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Celts can't win at the Q and they got worse this summer. They aren't all that. The Magic lost Hedo and got an old Vince Carter so they got worse. Plus we have Shaq to shut Howard down. Nice try kid.

vince carter will do all the things that hedo did, callin it now....:lmaoshaq shutting down anyone n e more...and magic have more depth down low

cavs are good, but there not a garuntee

ambchang
08-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Cavs will be better than the Lakers the day the two teams decided to switch supporting casts.

TwinTowers
08-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Cleveland has made great additions, but I don’t see them having many advantages against the top tier teams (except against Orlando):

San Antonio has enough depth to contain whatever Shaq is able to bring on offense at his age, and we all know how Shaq is almost a non factor on defense against teams that can play pick and rolls involving their bigs. Cleveland doesn’t have anybody who can stop TP, and Lebron can’t carry the offense by himself during PO’s. And there’s not need to talk about which team has the better coaching.

Boston, has one of the best defenses in the NBA, and have too many options on offense for Cleveland to defend. Shaq could have more of an impact against the Celtics, but would he be consistent and/or healthy enough by the time the PO’s arrive?

LA, will be better equipped for tough physical opponents, and still has arguably one of the more dynamic and effective frontcourts in the league. Mo Williams is not the type of PG that causes problems for LA defense, and neither Parker nor Moon have the offensive game to be consider X factor offensively.

The bottom line is that among contenders Cleveland will have to make the biggest adjustments to accommodate the new players, it will be nice to see if Lebron is capable of becoming a better mid-range and long-distance shooter now that he will have Shaq clogging the lane. Can shaq be healthy for 90+ games? Can two egos coexist in Cleveland? Is Mike Brown good enough to make the needed changes? Too many question marks for Cavs fans to be so optimistic at this point.

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Good luck trying to grow some balls and learning how to play D

Lakers have balls, and they play D in the big games, and win those games.

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM

Shaq isn't dominant anymore. And Mo Williams was only an all-star because of injuries

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Lakers have balls, and they play D in the big games, and win those games.

According to Lebron4mvp, they don't. He is playing too much NBA 2k9 that it is mind fucking him.

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Imagine if you had to try to win another game at the Q. We were also missing Deltonte West for that game which made a huge difference.

Yeah it's not like the Lakkers were missing their starting center:rolleyes (Andrew had been playing like an all-star before he got hurt)...

bostonguy
08-18-2009, 12:18 PM
It is simple, the Cavs just don't match up well with the Lakers. Unless they are able to pull off a Gasol like trade (Which they won't) that isn't changing anytime soon. Lakers have the edge in just about every category.

carrao45
08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
According to Lebron4mvp, they don't. He is playing too much NBA 2k9 that it is mind fucking him.

:lol I guess its pointless for me to argue. But he so stupid it's hard to resist arguing

Muser
08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Lol @ Delonte being a stud.

KSeal
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't know why this Lebron troll is so obsessed with the Lakers, he should be worrying about Orlando and Boston.

TheMACHINE
08-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Lol @ Delonte being a stud.

that guy is HOT! He gets the ladies! :lol

j-money24
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Shaq can still be relatively dominant in today's NBA because the center position has been the weakest it has been basically in the history of the game over the last decade. And, it's weaker now, especially with Yao out for the season. There aren't dominant centers in the game. Dwight Howard might be the only current younger center who is, and his game is pretty flawed itself. That's why Shaq can still make a difference maker. He'll be going up against much smaller centers or power forward/center hybrids or just really average skilled players at center. With Zydrunas, Shaq only has to play 25-30 mpg and probably on the shorter side of that range. He can sit out plenty of games during the regular season. The major concern is him staying in pretty good shape and not getting injured. He can still make a difference.

+1
Great post :toast

TheManFromAcme
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Stats - shmats.....

You can throw me all the stats of Shaq post Lakers but the fact of the matter remains that Cleveland will not get out of Shaq what L.A. did during their run. Heck, the Suns probably got the last 6 oz. Shaq had left. Shaq is a nice pickup and does help but to start calling it "significant" is a stretch. Your going to have to start the big fella or deal with this complacency. This "sitting him for most games" bit is nonesense.

Careful what you wish for Cavs.

Lebron4MVP
10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I am bumping this thread. With JJ Hickson emerging, the Cavs have another guy to throw at Gasol/Odom. This gives us yet another matchup advantage.

Purple & Gold
10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Get past Boston or Orlando first

Lebron4MVP
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Get past Boston or Orlando first

Scared aren't you?

Purple & Gold
10-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Not really

Culburn369
10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Careful what you wish for Cavs.

Too late. They're so screwed.

Banzai
10-08-2009, 08:26 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/alpretty9lw.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/alpretty9lw.jpg)
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/Zach-Galifianakis_finger.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3198)

poop
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
LMAO the cavs are still just a one-man show. shaq helps cause of his immense size but all the other players are scrubs.

mo and west as a backcourt are average at best. without Lebron this is a 35 win team LMAO

bostonguy
10-08-2009, 08:49 PM
So because of the "emergence" of JJ Hickson, the Cavs all of a sudden match up to beat the Lakers? :lmao:lmao:lmao Gasol will make Hickson his bitch as would Odom. I'll take my chances on Leon Powe of today over Hickson.

Banzai
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
So because of the "emergence" of JJ Hickson, the Cavs all of a sudden match up to beat the Lakers? :lmao:lmao:lmao Gasol will make Hickson his bitch as would Odom. I'll take my chances on Leon Powe of today over Hickson.

Is Powe coming off the bench? or starting?

bostonguy
10-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Is Powe coming off the bench? or starting?

He will be a bench guy but his torn acl will cause him to be out a few more months.

carrao45
10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Scared aren't you?

The Cavs are 5th best in the NBA. Hurts don't it.

God it would suck to be a Cleveland sports fan

Lebron4MVP
12-25-2009, 10:42 PM
The Cavs are 5th best in the NBA. Hurts don't it.

God it would suck to be a Cleveland sports fan

:lmao:lmao You were saying?

Lebron4MVP
12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Todays game proved that this Cavs team is BY FAR the best team they have ever had in the Bron era. Man I am in a damn good mood. This team just proved they can beat the Lakers when it counts. HAHAHAHAHAH how is defeat Laker fans? :lobt2:

MiamiHeat
12-25-2009, 10:44 PM
hahah

ducks
12-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Todays game proved that this Cavs team is BY FAR the best team they have ever had in the Bron era. Man I am in a damn good mood. This team just proved they can beat the Lakers when it counts. HAHAHAHAHAH how is defeat Laker fans? :lobt2:

to bad willliams will not play like that in the postseason:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

mogrovejo
12-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I am bumping this thread. With JJ Hickson emerging, the Cavs have another guy to throw at Gasol/Odom. This gives us yet another matchup advantage.

Hickson is too bad defensively and rebounding wise to be a factor. But...

....the Cavs have three 7 footers, a big wing to put on Artest and West/Parker/Moon to throw at Kobe. The Lakers are by far the contender with which they match up better. They have no dribble penetration except from Kobe, no one who can play off-the-ball on the perimeter (except stand-and-watch shooters like Fisher and Vujacic), they are too big to run consistently, their use of the pick'n'roll is seldom and therefore rudimentary and their offence is heavily predicated in the post game: Kobe is playing more and more on the post and their 4 other offensive weapons are more comfortable playing in the post - that's great for a team with Cavs size and slowness.

The problem for the Cavs will be teams like Boston, Orlando and Atlanta, with good transition game, lots of dribble-drives, pick'n'pop&'roll and bigs that stretch the floor.

Culburn369
12-25-2009, 11:08 PM

Yer O & 40 ya dumbski, you.

mogrovejo
12-25-2009, 11:11 PM
to bad willliams will not play like that in the postseason:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Right. Because he won't be facing Fisher every game. In his last 5 games vs Fisher:

18 points/9 assists
28/6
16/6
19/2
28/7

Just a bad matchup for the Lakers, unless they put Kobe on him. Again, I have no idea how they thought that swapping a quick Ariza for a slow Artest would be a good move when they already have one of the slowest PGs in the league and Shannon Brown is their only decent perimeter defender in the bench (and even Brown struggles a lot with quickness).

namlook
12-26-2009, 01:59 AM
LOL at Cavs better than the Lakers. Lakers would win a series against the Cavs in 5 or 6.

namlook
12-26-2009, 02:01 AM
This team just proved they can beat the Lakers when it counts. HAHAHAHAHAH how is defeat Laker fans? :lobt2:

When it counts? :lmao

Leave it to a Cavs fan to think regular season games are when it counts. I guess when you have an MVP with no rings ala Steve Nash you have to enjoy regular season wins while the Lakers keep adding Championships to their mantle.

23LeBronJames23
12-26-2009, 02:28 AM

:lmao