PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League 09-10

Pages : [1] 2

SAtown
08-17-2009, 11:43 PM
The qualifying playoffs start tomorrow and there's some pretty interesting matchups... Celtic v Arsenal, Sporting v Fiorentina, and Panathinaikos v Atletico Madrid. The best part is that since FOX got the rights to the Champions League in the USA, they will show this round of the competition. FSN has the Celtic/Arsenal match live, while Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Sports en Espanol have other ones both live and throughout the day. It even starts off with a pregame show... It already sounds 1000 times better than ESPN's shit coverage. Let's just hope FSC HD comes out soon.

TwinTowers
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Does FOX has the rights for the whole competition, or just this round?

SAtown
08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
They have the whole competition

quentin_compson
08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm glad Arsenal got their job done against Celtic, even if some of the goals were a bit lucky.
Still, this 4-3-3 formation Wenger has been using this season looks promising. I also think Arshavin will make a big impact for Arsenal in the CL.

SAtown
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Group A
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Bordeaux
Maccabi Haifa

Group B
Manchester United
CSKA Moscow
Besiktas
Wolfsburg

Group C
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Marseille
FC Zurich

Group D
Chelsea
FC Porto
Atletico madrid
Apoel fc

Group E
Liverpool
Lyon
Florentina
Debreceni

Group F
Barcelona
FC Internazionale
Dynamo Kiev
FC Rubin Kazan

Group G
Sevilla
Rangers
Stuttgart
Unirea Urziceni

Group H
Arsenal
AZ Alkmaar
Olympiakos
Standard De Liege

resistanze
08-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Ouch, Kaka back at the San Siro. My predictions:

Group A
Bayern Munich
Juventus

Group B
Manchester United
Wolfsburg

Group C
AC Milan
Real Madrid

Group D
Chelsea
FC Porto/Atletico madrid - can't decide, leading towards Porto

Group E
Liverpool
Lyon

Group F
Barcelona
FC Internazionale

Group G
Sevilla
Stuttgart

Group H
Arsenal
Olympiakos

velik_m
08-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Ouch, Kaka back at the San Siro.

And Eto'o back at Nou Camp

SAtown
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I think Kaka will get a fairly good reception, on the other hand, Ibra won't be getting such a warm welcome back. I can't decide which is the toughest group, C, E, or F....

Libri
08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Group D
Chelsea
FC Porto/Atletico madrid - can't decide, leading towards Porto

I'll take Atletico Madrid.

Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

resistanze
08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm not too thrilled about Ibra @ Barca, I don't see him as an upgrade for Barca in their system. Barca has enough service to feed a pure scorer like Eto'o, and enough creativity with Messi up front. I could be completely wrong, though.

Brazil
08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
I think Kaka will get a fairly good reception, on the other hand, Ibra won't be getting such a warm welcome back. I can't decide which is the toughest group, C, E, or F....

for me the toughest group will be the C even if Milan and Madrid will be the clear favorites but Marseille can create an upset especially for Milan.

quentin_compson
08-28-2009, 04:42 AM
I'm not too thrilled about Ibra @ Barca, I don't see him as an upgrade for Barca in their system. Barca has enough service to feed a pure scorer like Eto'o, and enough creativity with Messi up front. I could be completely wrong, though.

I think that Ibra could improve this Barca squad IF he lives up to his potential. I don't like him, but he has everything a striker possibly can have.

Good group for Arsenal; should be a walk in the park.

velik_m
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I think that Ibra could improve this Barca squad IF he lives up to his potential. I don't like him, but he has everything a striker possibly can have.

Good group for Arsenal; should be a walk in the park.

:tu

Arsenal got it easy.

We'll see how Ibrahimovic fits in the team today. Should be an interesting match - i think Sahtjor beat Barca last year.

resistanze
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah, the Gunners should have no problem in their group. I approach this season with cautious optimism. They have loads of talent and their chemistry is great, but I can't shake the feeling when the going gets tough, they'll fold like they have for the past couple of seasons. I know they've had more than their share of injuries, but it would be nice to bring in a veteran to stabilize things a bit (wish they got Xabi Alonso).

velik_m
08-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, the Gunners should have no problem in their group. I approach this season with cautious optimism. They have loads of talent and their chemistry is great, but I can't shake the feeling when the going gets tough, they'll fold like they have for the past couple of seasons. I know they've had more than their share of injuries, but it would be nice to bring in a veteran to stabilize things a bit (wish they got Xabi Alonso).

Right now i just enjoy their goal fest :downspin:, hopefully they can extend it against ManUtd this weekend.

resistanze
08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Right now i just enjoy their goal fest :downspin:, hopefully they can extend it against ManUtd this weekend.

Well so far it's been a vintage Baby Gunners performance against the big clubs :depressed.

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2009, 12:55 PM
i see manutd havin problems in their group...they are struggling atm life without ronaldo....

Libri
08-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Well so far it's been a vintage Baby Gunners performance against the big clubs :depressed.

The game got very interesting at the end.

velik_m
08-30-2009, 11:33 AM

They did ok, they just went a bit singapore.

SAtown
08-31-2009, 01:19 AM

I hear ya, but at least Arsenal have great young talent and one of the best managers in the world. I wish Milan could say the same thing. I thought things hit rock bottom with Galliani letting Kaka go, but it got worse with Ancelotti leaving. Milan won't make it out of the group stage. Fuck Leonardo, fuck Berlusconi, and fuck Galliani. As far as Calcio is concerned, I see Juve, Inter, and Fiorentina on top

resistanze
08-31-2009, 08:30 AM
I hear ya, but at least Arsenal have great young talent and one of the best managers in the world. I wish Milan could say the same thing. I thought things hit rock bottom with Galliani letting Kaka go, but it got worse with Ancelotti leaving. Milan won't make it out of the group stage. Fuck Leonardo, fuck Berlusconi, and fuck Galliani. As far as Calcio is concerned, I see Juve, Inter, and Fiorentina on top

I feel your pain, Milan is my 2nd favorite team (along with Barca). It hurts to see them suffer like that. I knew Galliani wouldn't pass up that money for Kaka, and not even invest in suitable replacements.

DAF86
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM

I'm with you on this one. 40 mil+ Eto'o for Ibrahimovic is ridiculous. I think I wouldn't even have made Eto'o for Ibrahimovic straight up. Laporta must really dislike Eto'o's behaviour off the pitch.

DAF86
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Just for the record Barcelona already has two championships this season (the "recopa española" and the "UEFA super-cup" if they win everything they play this season they'll get six cups. I don't have the info but that must be a record.

sonic21
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM
i don't get the Eto'o/Ibra deal either. Ibra is awesome but i don't remember him having good games during the CL playoffs. I think he's more inconsistent than Eto'o too. But maybe i'm wrong, we'll see.

velik_m
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
I was sceptical about Eto'o/Ibra swap too, but after seeing him in UEFA supercup i'm starting to warm up to the idea. Ibra brings new dimension to Barca - for example high/long balls to atackers. That is not how Barca usually plays, but it can come in handy - especially if your down and running out of time. Also i think he will strenghten Barca in standard situations (like free kicks).

quentin_compson
08-31-2009, 07:00 PM

Man, this was one of the most stupid losses I have ever witnessed. Instead of scoring the second one against a (on this day) mediocre ManU squad, they just presented them with not just one but two goals. :downspin:

I'm with you on this one. 40 mil+ Eto'o for Ibrahimovic is ridiculous. I think I wouldn't even have made Eto'o for Ibrahimovic straight up. Laporta must really dislike Eto'o's behaviour off the pitch.

I still think Ibrahimovic could improve this Barca squad, and obviously, Eto'o has been a bitch or something, but Eto'o + a whole lot of money is certainly strange. Well, at least Ibrahimovic scored his first goal today.

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2009, 11:04 AM
shit bro i can watch 4 games tonight :D:D
all nighter
acmilan v marseille live
rmadrid v fc zurich live
chelsea v porto replay
another game match of the day

the next night
lyon v fiorentina live
inter v barca delayed after lyon game
liege v liverpool replay night time

fkn free 2 air television :D

mountainballer
09-16-2009, 04:58 AM
watched Zuerich-Real Madrid (2:5) and Haifa - Bayern Munich (0:3)
results look like dominating performances of either Real and Bayern, but that wasn't exactly the case.
Bayern needed quite some time to score first goal and the game wasn't won till the 2 goals in the last five minutes.
Real was leading by 3 goals at halftime and should have never ever run into problems against a weak team like Zuerich (the estimated value of the Zuerich roster is 40 million $ compared to 670 million $ of Real), but they did when Zuerich scored 2 goals within 2 minutes in the 2nd half. it was the disastrous keeper of Zuerich, who finally handed the win to Real.

btw. Bayern Munich. keep an eye on them, they might make quite some noise this year. Louis van Gaal is a great coach and the wing duo of Ribery and Robben is currently one of the best in Europe and even if outside this two they don't have the big stars, this team could still cause some problems for the top 4 (Real, Barca, ManU and Chealsea). I see them currently at the level of Inter and Liverpool.
they also have two super talented young players to keep an eye on. Thomas Mueller and Holger Badstuber are both just 20 and came from the Bayern own youth team. in the 6 games for Bayern this season Mueller already scored 4 goals. from the few what I have seen he reminds me a bit about a young Marco van Basten.

TDMVPDPOY
09-16-2009, 08:54 AM
that was a shocking performance from rmadrid, defensively they are shit....they barely got out of that match with the momentum changing when FC ZURICH was able kick in 2 goals trailing 3-2......fc zurichs GK should go catch sperm with the way he was attempting to catch balls, fucking shame shame shame attempt especially on the attempt from ronaldos 2nd goal.

TDMVPDPOY
09-16-2009, 08:55 AM
btw. Bayern Munich. keep an eye on them, they might make quite some noise this year. Louis van Gaal is a great coach and the wing duo of Ribery and Robben is currently one of the best in Europe and even if outside this two they don't have the big stars, this team could still cause some problems for the top 4 (Real, Barca, ManU and Chealsea). I see them currently at the level of Inter and Liverpool.
they also have two super talented young players to keep an eye on. Thomas Mueller and Holger Badstuber are both just 20 and came from the Bayern own youth team. in the 6 games for Bayern this season Mueller already scored 4 goals. from the few what I have seen he reminds me a bit about a young Marco van Basten.

robben is a one man team, fuck him....

lefty
09-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Ziani didn't start for Wolfsburg?

WTF ????

SAtown
09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Go Barca

quentin_compson
09-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Quite an embarrassing performance by Arsenal in the first half. Well, at least they got the win, but they don't look very good at the moment, I think.

lefty
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Bougherra scored a goal in his first ever CL game :toast

(and he is a defensive player)

Libri
09-17-2009, 11:54 AM
RM has a potent offense. :downspin:

The defense on the other hand looked shaky. :(

lefty
09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
RM has a potent offense. :downspin:

The defense on the other hand looked shaky. :(
The defense is shitty !!!!!
(And I'm a Real Madrid fan)

lefty
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2009/9/16/1253135023732/Madjid-Bougherra-001.jpg
http://www.heraldscotland.com/polopoly_fs/6474405-1.920356!image/1394582398.JPG_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/1394582398.JPG

http://www.heraldscotland.com/polopoly_fs/6474442-1.920355!image/4240191428.JPG_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/4240191428.JPG

Libri
09-29-2009, 08:45 AM
game day :hungry:

velik_m
09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Go gunners!

SAtown
09-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic has got to be one of the more unnoticed great strikers in the world. I swear, every time I watch a viola match he's a complete game-changer. (As I'm typing this he just scores his second vs Liverpool). Great talent

sonic21
09-29-2009, 05:13 PM
so who thinks Liverpool is in danger for the qualification?

Bukefal
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Damn Inter played bad. That costed me money!!

TDMVPDPOY
09-29-2009, 07:27 PM
sevilla is fkn good in this years CL and la liga....fuck they impressed me even with no star players on their team...

quentin_compson
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Go gunners!

It was a decent performance, but they should have scored earlier to spare themselves the late goal drama.

I don't. I still think Liverpool is easily going to get past the group stage.

SAtown
09-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Unfuckinbelievable ac milan. They now have back to back games vs Real Madrid and one more tough game vs Marseille. bye bye champions league this year and next cause they certainly aren't doing well in serie A.

Fire Leonardo

resistanze
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Unfuckinbelievable ac milan. They now have back to back games vs Real Madrid and one more tough game vs Marseille. bye bye champions league this year and next cause they certainly aren't doing well in serie A.

Fire Leonardo

It hurts me to see Milan struggle like this. Out of my favorite teams (Arsenal, Milan and Barca), I only see one of these teams being successful this year.

On a completely different note, C. Ronaldo is settling reall well in at Real. I hate him, but I think he's the best in the world right now.

TDMVPDPOY
09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
i watch the first half of the rmadrid game, fkn shit so i didnt bothered with 2nd half...3-0 win...fuck them...

mountainballer
10-01-2009, 05:07 AM

Fire Leonardo

Milan is done for years. even if Pato develops into a Kaka calibre player, they won't be back to CL contender status in the next years. (more likely Pato will be sold for big bucks in one or two years). the team is two old and when you sell your most talented (and still young) players, you pay the price. fire the trainer won't change this.

Purple & Gold
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Drogba is the best player in the world right now. Chelsea will take the EPL and CL this year. It's been their destiny ever since Zola and Ranieri transformed them from a second class club to the World Power they are now (by way of that CL qualification). This will be the next step and cement Chelsea's legacy for years. Barcelona was given a gift last year and everybody outside of Camp Nou knows that.

symple19
10-09-2009, 12:10 AM
I'll still take this guy over Drogba. But I can't argue with you that Chelsea looks like the team to beat in the EPL and the CL

http://www.lionel-messi.biz/photos/lionel-messi-blue--800x600-17.jpg

quentin_compson
10-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Chelsea will take the EPL [...]
I also think they will.

[...] and CL this year.

:nope

resistanze
10-09-2009, 08:19 AM
I'll definitely take Drogba over any forward in the EPL, even Torres. Just too strong and skilled. But Chelsea messed up in the CL, regardless of the controversial calls. They didn't attempt to do shit when Barca was reduced to 10 men.

sonic21
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
i agree Drogba is awesome, he had 1 average season 2 years ago and everyone forgot about him. I'd take him before Torres and Ibra.

sonic21
10-20-2009, 03:37 PM

and now?

SAtown
10-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Dida you fucking loser...

Typhoon
10-21-2009, 03:11 PM
lol Real Madrid

SAtown
10-21-2009, 03:38 PM
WOoooooooooooooooooo Milan! Milan! Milan!

SAtown
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Should have been 4-2 Milan, don't know why Thiago Silva's header was disallowed in the 2nd half. Oh well, Real Madrid still can't handle Italian teams, especially in the Bernabeu

resistanze
10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Kaka doesn't fit in, I don't care what anyone says.

That Seedorf to Pato goal was absurd.

quentin_compson
10-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Should have been 4-2 Milan, don't know why Thiago Silva's header was disallowed in the 2nd half.

True, but on the other hand, Real should have been awarded a penalty after Zambrotta's foul on Benzema in the first half.

Anyways, it was a fun game to watch. Ronaldinho and Kaka didn't do much, but the oldtimers Raul and Seedorf were both very good.

Phenomanul
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Real Madrid was also missing Cristiano Ronaldo... I'm sure that factored in...

makedamnsure
10-24-2009, 10:08 PM

surely Raul, Granero, Higuain, Kaka and Benzema should've been more than enough to beat an old and slow Milan team?

guess not...

DAF86
10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
surely Raul, Granero, Higuain, Kaka and Benzema should've been more than enough to beat an old and slow Milan team?

guess not...

Higuain was out too.

Purple & Gold
10-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Even without Drogba Chelsea dominates.

quentin_compson
11-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Bayern :lmao

Brazil
11-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Bordeaux first team to be qualified with 10 pts ! Gourcuff will dominate the world soon.

Bayern almost done... lol

sonic21
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
impressive Bordeaux !! Qualified after 4 games with Juve and Bayern in their group

sonic21
11-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Liverpool in danger this evening...let's hope they'll play like against ManU.

TDMVPDPOY
11-04-2009, 11:00 AM

they need him more than the other players they signed this offseason...

fkn waste of money

TwinTowers
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I am expecting more from Benzema. Even though he scored the goal his movements look out of synch with the other RM players.

Pato > Benzema

sonic21
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
2 french teams qualified after 4 games...

and marseille is 1 point behind the real and milan.

Not bad.

quentin_compson
11-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Barca didn't do enough against a hard working Kasan team. I still think Barca will be able to survive the group stage, though. Inter will not be winning in Barcelona.

Arsenal, on the other hand, had a good game against Alkmaar and needs just one more point out of the final two games.

makedamnsure
11-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Arsenal showed the world how to play. The first goal was pretty lucky. I can't believe that's Argentina's keeper?? he's terrible... but how about that Eduardo backheel? amazing.

good for Lyon beating Liverpool. Can't wait to see Rafa sacked!!

quentin_compson
11-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Arsenal showed the world how to play. The first goal was pretty lucky. I can't believe that's Argentina's keeper?? he's terrible... but how about that Eduardo backheel? amazing.

Yeah, the first Arsenal goal definitely is to blame on Alkmaar's keeper. That Eduardo pass was stunning, though.

And Lyon didn't beat Liverpool, but a draw was enough for them and certainly not enough for Liverpool. I don't think that Benitez will be sacked, though. They just need to realise that their bench isn't deep enough to react to injuries to their better players (Gerrard, Torres). If they add some quality backups, they will be fine in my opinion.

TDMVPDPOY
11-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Barca didn't do enough against a hard working Kasan team. I still think Barca will be able to survive the group stage, though. Inter will not be winning in Barcelona.

man if inter plays that young african striker they have, just kick the ball upfield and watch him outrun the defenders, that guy is fkn quick....too bad besides that his still raw at goal scoring....

mountainballer
11-05-2009, 09:09 AM

Arsenal currently plays the most attractive soccer in Europe. (only Barca comes close)
but they are a bit like the D'Antoni Suns. when it really counts, they will fail again. likely in the quarterfinals. as always.

sonic21
11-05-2009, 09:28 AM
i think Arsenal misses an elite scorer to become contender (Drogba, Torres...). They don't have a player who can save the day when they're having a bad game.

mountainballer
11-05-2009, 11:07 AM
well, meanwhile I would call Fabregas such a player. the kid is fantastic, still only 22, but plays like a veteran with 10 pro seasons under his belt. IMO this season he will become the best midfielder in the PL and outpace Gerrard and Lampard.

scoring also won't be their problem. they don't have this premium scorer like Drogba, but so many guys who can score. and Van Persie currently isn't that far from Torres and Drogba.
I see more limits in their defense.
the all French plus one Belgium line is decent, but not really that good. and Clichy-Gallas-Vermaelen-Sagna are also a bit small for a defensive line in todays world of soccer.
(their standard 6 Alexandre Song also isn't exactly a tower)
those guys won't survive against an offense with the power of Barca, Real, Chelsea or ManU

resistanze
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Well defense is definately a problem for the Gunners, but their young players always seem to get bullied in big games against the Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU. It usually kills their rhythm.

makedamnsure
11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
The acquisition of Vermaelen has really strengthened the back though. Gallas and him finally have a good partnership. I want to already face Chelsea and Man U again and test the defense because I feel it's better than it has been in years.

As for Alex Song, he would not walk into Man U or Chelsea's starting XI but he fits well in the Arsenal system.

Arsenal's best defense is offense.

Sotongball21
11-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Arsenal's counter attack is phenomenal. It's really comparable to the samba boys and barca.

They have Nasri, Walcott, Vela, Rosickzy(sp). It's just wonderful to watch.

I think Juve is going to win though! (by a long shot!)

FORZA JUVE! hahaha

quentin_compson
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh boy, Liverpool will no longer be able to qualify for the next round of the CL. :(

Arsenal had a decent game against Liege. I also watched the first half of Barca-Inter, and Inter still sucks on the European stage.

mountainballer
11-25-2009, 08:24 AM
I watched Barca-Inter.
great game by Barca, even without Messi and Ibra they dominated Inter. Barca looked as good as last season. (the 2nd goal was a thing of beauty, the high art of perfect ball movement, perfectly executed by Xavi and Iniesta)
fck Inter! those fouls at the end of the game were really dirty. at least Chivu should have got the red card. I really hope Inter fails in the last game against Kasan.

resistanze
11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Oh boy, Liverpool will no longer be able to qualify for the next round of the CL. :(

Arsenal had a decent game against Liege. I also watched the first half of Barca-Inter, and Inter still sucks on the European stage.

Good! Phuck Liverpool! I'm still mad after that penalty they gave Liverpool in the Quarter-finals of '08 against Eboue.

quentin_compson
11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Good! Phuck Liverpool! I'm still mad after that penalty they gave Liverpool in the Quarter-finals of '08 against Eboue.

Yeah, Arsenal were very unlucky in that game. I like Liverpool, though - not their fault that those decisions went their way.

Brazil
11-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Bordeaux 1 Juve 0 yeah baby ..........

Brazil
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
2/0 sure to be first of the Group ! Bordeaux has a quality group

Sotongball21
11-27-2009, 10:34 AM
2/0 sure to be first of the Group ! Bordeaux has a quality group

Ahh Juve lost. But at least they lost to Blanc's team. Don't you think he should be coaching France? Rather then Domenech? Domenech is really irritating, he made Trezeguet quit playing internationally. And Trezegol is one helluva striker. He had the same or better goal to game ratio than Henry before he retired. :/

sonic21
11-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Ahh Juve lost. But at least they lost to Blanc's team. Don't you think he should be coaching France? Rather then Domenech? Domenech is really irritating, he made Trezeguet quit playing internationally. And Trezegol is one helluva striker. He had the same or better goal to game ratio than Henry before he retired. :/

Domenech is not even top 50 french coach. He never won anything. We learned a few weeks ago that Henry, Anelka and Gallas took over the team because they were worried about missing the WC.

Players don't have faith in him. Medias and fans hate him. The only reason he stayed after the euro 2008 debacle was because the French federation had to pay 2M if they fired him.

sonic21
11-27-2009, 10:45 AM
And yes Blanc or Deschamps would be the better option for the french team.

Alain
11-29-2009, 04:58 AM
And yes Blanc or Deschamps would be the better option for the french team.

Or Gerard Houiller for instance. Oh no, wait, he failed qualifying for the 94WC with Cantona and Papin in the team.

Question: how many coaches headed the FNT into a WC final?

Domenech is nobody's friend and I can understand that, but please, don't discard what he has done.

Sotongball21
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Domenech can go back to counting the stars in the sky. I heard he don't play Aries'. I heard that is why Pires is not playing. :/

But, he has not done anything in the highest level to impress anyone. He can go back to his old job. :D

resistanze
11-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Well defense is definately a problem for the Gunners, but their young players always seem to get bullied in big games against the Chelsea/Liverpool/ManU. It usually kills their rhythm.

Bump. Baby Gunners crapping the bed again.

Alain
11-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Domenech can go back to counting the stars in the sky. I heard he don't play Aries'. I heard that is why Pires is not playing. :/

But, he has not done anything in the highest level to impress anyone. He can go back to his old job. :D

You do understand of course that no more than 30 different coaches led their team to a WC final in the history of football. Like it or not, Domenech is one of them and I guess that is "doing something at the highest level".
Oh, and by the way: Pires is not playing because he is a dickhead, not because of his birth date.

sonic21
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Or Gerard Houiller for instance. Oh no, wait, he failed qualifying for the 94WC with Cantona and Papin in the team.

Question: how many coaches headed the FNT into a WC final?

Domenech is nobody's friend and I can understand that, but please, don't discard what he has done.

bulgaria and sweden were in the same group in 1993, the went to the SF in the 1994 WC.

Ireland was our main rival for the qualification in 2006.

Let's not compare Domenech (who never won anything) and Houiller.

Alain
11-29-2009, 02:30 PM
bulgaria and sweden were in the same group in 1993, the went to the SF in the 1994 WC.

And Houiller's team was unable to beat Israel in Paris then, so what's your point?

Let's not compare Domenech (who never won anything) and Houiller.

There's nothing to compare: being a club's coach and a NT coach are two very different jobs. Talking about NT, Domenech resumé is better than Houiller's one.
And I'm pretty sure that a WC final is more important to most coaches in the world than a couple of premier league titles.

sonic21
11-29-2009, 02:59 PM
ok i didn't think you were serious. You're really trying to defend domenech by comparing him to houiller. I got nothing.

Alain
11-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm just tired of that perpetual bashing. It was the same thing with Jacquet and he won it. I just thought people (and medias) would have learned...
And I'm from Lyon, too ;)

Brazil
11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Sorry but Domenech is a cancer

makedamnsure
11-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Bump. Baby Gunners crapping the bed again.

That was embarrassing. Boys against men was what that was.

Sotongball21
11-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Domenech is nonsensical. And i am not going to argue about it. ^^

That was embarrassing. Boys against men was what that was.

Tell me about that! I was up till 2 in the morning watching the match!

(If you were talking about yesterday's match against Chelsea)

makedamnsure
11-30-2009, 05:04 PM
yup I'm talking about the Chelsea match. I put a sweatshirt on over my Arsenal shirt after the match to make sure I wasn't going to get shit from the Chelsea supporters.

quentin_compson
11-30-2009, 08:11 PM
We should have a PL-thread. :)

But anyway, this was a devastating loss for Arsenal. Their passing game was off, Eduardo wasn't doing much, and it was a bad idea to try and beat Chelsea in the air with the likes of Arshavin, Nasri and Cesc waiting in the penalty box.

To make things worse, van Persie is going to miss four to five months due to injury. :depressed

SAtown
12-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Great matches on today (and tomorrow), especially Juve v Bayern Munich. There's tons of scenarios for almost all groups: http://goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2009/11/04/1601646/champions-league-qualification-scenarios-the-path-to-the

Libri
12-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm looking forward to the Juve game and the Real Madrid one, of course.

velik_m
12-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Juve is out.

quentin_compson
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Juve was atrocious. Bayern really isn't anywhere near a very good team right now and still beat the crap out of Juve.

lefty
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Damn you Armin Veh, you stupid dumbfuck, when will you realize that Wolfsburg is a better team when Ziani starts?

Fuck, Ziani sets up a teammate beautifully, but the latter misses a n easy goal, then fast break Manchester and goal :lol

Bukefal
12-09-2009, 04:38 AM
Nice game by Bayern, finally some good points. Maybe this somewhat takes the heat off off van Gaal.

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2009, 06:25 AM
manutd ftw

i dont think we will win any silverware this season....

quentin_compson
12-09-2009, 09:46 AM
manutd ftw

i dont think we will win any silverware this season....

Who is "we"? ManU?

mystargtr34
12-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Any AC Milan fans?

SAtown
12-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Any AC Milan fans?

:tu

1 point out of 4 against Zurich is pretty terrible, but they make up for it against Marseille and Real Madrid. I'm confident they can measure up against most bigger squads except for Chelsea, Barca, and Inter.

Purple & Gold
12-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Gattuso has to be my least favorite player ever. I can't even stand to look at his stupid mug.

sonic21
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
1st in their group :
Girondins de Bordeaux
Manchester United
Real Madrid
Chelsea
Fiorentina
FC Barcelona
FC Sévilla
Arsenal

2nd in their group:
Bayern
CSKA Moscow
Milan AC
FC Porto
Olympique Lyonnais
Inter Milan
VfB Stuttgart
Olympiakos

i'm hoping for a Milan-Arsenal.

quentin_compson
12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
i'm hoping for a Milan-Arsenal.

Hm, the easiest opponent for Arsenal would definitely be VfB Stuttgart, as they lack any experience and are having a terrible season so far in the Bundesliga.

makedamnsure
12-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Italian teams don't want Arsenal. We've put them away before and we'll do it again.

sonic21
12-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Bordeaux can go far imo, they're really impressive.

Brazil
12-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Bordeaux can go far imo, they're really impressive.

I'd love to but you have to be cautious, Lyon for instance already impressed a lot before the real competition begin.

quentin_compson
12-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Round of the Last 16:

VfB Stuttgart - Barca
Olympiakos - Bordeaux
ZSKA - FC Sevilla
Porto - Arsenal
Inter - Chelsea
Bayern - Florenz
Olympique Lyon - Real Madrid
Milan - Man United

Decent draw for Arsenal. They played Porto last year in the group stage, so they should know what to expect.
Inter-Chelsea sounds interesting, but Inter has been a choke job in the CL for quite some time now.
Lyon-Real is the most interesting draw in my opinion.

DAF86
12-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Round of the Last 16:

VfB Stuttgart - Barca
Olympiakos - Bordeaux
ZSKA - FC Sevilla
Porto - Arsenal
Inter - Chelsea
Bayern - Florenz
Milan - Man United

Decent draw for Arsenal. They played Porto last year in the group stage, so they should know what to expect.
Inter-Chelsea sounds interesting, but Inter has been a choke job in the CL for quite some time now.
Lyon-Real is the most interesting draw in my opinion.

Poor Inter, they never catch a break.

DAF86
12-18-2009, 08:00 AM
My predictions:

Barca over Stuttgart
Bordeaux over Olympiacos
Sevilla over ZSKA
Arsenal over Porto
Chelsea over Inter
Bayern over Florenz
Real over Lyon
ManU over Milan

mystargtr34
12-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Round of the Last 16:

VfB Stuttgart - Barca
Olympiakos - Bordeaux
ZSKA - FC Sevilla
Porto - Arsenal
Inter - Chelsea
Bayern - Florenz
Milan - Man United

Milan vs Man Utd. Would have preferred one of the smaller clubs.... Bordeaux or Sevilla, but thats what you get when you finish second. Im fairly confident though, i dont think its a horrible draw, Man Utd doesnt look as dominant as previous seasons... and dont have anyone you really fear who can take over a match, other than Rooney.

I think Milan are in with a real good chance. Ill go with Inter for a mini upset too.

quentin_compson
12-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Barca over Stuttgart
Bordeaux over Olympiakos
Sevilla over ZSKA
Arsenal over Porto
Chelsea over Inter
Bayern over Florenz
Real over Lyon
United over Milan

I'd love to see Bayern get thrashed by Fiorentina, but I doubt it will happen.

Brazil
12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Madrid will have to stay alert and focus against Lyon

quentin_compson
12-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Madrid will have to stay alert and focus against Lyon

I think you're right. Although Lyon aren't as good as they were, let's say, two years ago, are they? (You probably know better, since you're French.)

sonic21
12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Lyon has two awesome players who are carrying the team this season; Lloris (goalkeeper) and Lissandro Lopez (striker).

They're not as good as a few years ago when they had abidal, essien, diarra, juninho, malouda.

sonic21
12-18-2009, 02:02 PM
they're solid though.

SAtown
12-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Round of the Last 16:

VfB Stuttgart - Barca
Olympiakos - Bordeaux
ZSKA - FC Sevilla
Porto - Arsenal
Inter - Chelsea
Bayern - Florenz
Milan - Man United

Brazil
12-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I think you're right. Although Lyon aren't as good as they were, let's say, two years ago, are they? (You probably know better, since you're French.)

They are far below their level of two years ago but I still think they are more dangerous for instance than Bordeaux in this competition (and I am a fan of Bordeaux) because they have the experience and I think this team is built for this competition and not a regular season run.

quentin_compson
12-18-2009, 07:10 PM
They are far below their level of two years ago but I still think they are more dangerous for instance than Bordeaux in this competition (and I am a fan of Bordeaux) because they have the experience and I think this team is built for this competition and not a regular season run.

Experience is definitely an important factor and Lyon has been a lock for the round of the last 16 for some years. I hope they will put up a fight and make the games against Real interesting.

Bordeaux looked good against Bayern in the group stage, and they didn't lose against Juve as well. Olympiakos shouldn't be a problem, and maybe they even can surprise in the quarter-finals as well.

Brazil
12-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Experience is definitely an important factor and Lyon has been a lock for the round of the last 16 for some years. I hope they will put up a fight and make the games against Real interesting.

Bordeaux looked good against Bayern in the group stage, and they didn't lose against Juve as well. Olympiakos shouldn't be a problem, and maybe they even can surprise in the quarter-finals as well.

I cross my fingers !!

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2009, 02:45 AM
u guys checked the next phase draws

cant wait manutd v acmilan

SAtown
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
cant wait manutd v acmilan

Me neither. 1-0 at san siro then 1-1 at OT :hat

Bukefal
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Any Inter fans here? This week our (Macedonia's) best player, Goran Pandev, joined Inter Milan. Finally, after some trouble with Lotito at Lazio he managed to get out and find a new club.

Pandev is a very good player, he did wonderful for Lazio over the years, many big clubs wanted him, but he got some contractual problems with Lotito. Pandev wanted to find a transfer, lotito wouldnt let him and because of that he also wouldnt let him play, even if he was Lazio's best player. He hasnt played a half year in club matches but he is ready, fit and has the biggest motivation ever to show what he's worth. That he not played only increased it.

What do you think about this transfer?

Brazil
01-06-2010, 04:54 PM
^ I recognize I don't him very well I hope he will be fine but with Mourinho you never know

sonic21
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I remember him when he was playing for the lazio, i thought he was bulgarian though.

Bukefal
01-06-2010, 08:01 PM
No, he is Macedonian and the only good footballer we have nowadays :lol

Anyway, as for mourinho, I think it's ok. Mourinho has always been very positive about Pandev. This is what he said:

.“Goran is a modern striker. He's exceptional, allowing us to play with two or three up front. He's a champion who adapts himself to all tactical schemes.“We worked together yesterday and I am explaining to him how he will have to play for us. Goran will have to recover the dynamism and intensity of his play but he'll quickly adapt in my opinion. It will not take hard work.”

He was brought in Monday and Pandev played also immediately today, he was a starter and played against Chievo.

Libri
02-16-2010, 01:35 AM
February 16

AC Milan vs Manchester United
Lyon vs Real Madrid

February 17

Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina
FC Porto vs Arsenal

It looks like Beckham vs Ferguson is making headlines. :lol

http://img.skysports.com/10/02/402x210/David-Beckham-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-AC-Milan-Manc_2420217.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11945_5951195,00.html

SAtown
02-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a bad feeling about today. No Vidic/Giggs helps, and so does having Pato back, but it won't be anything like 2007.

SAtown
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Way too many wasted opportunities for Milan in the first half followed by a disgusting fucking goal from Scholes. Ronaldinho played excellently, Huntelaar needs to get the hell out football altogether, and Seedorf should've started instead of Beckham. There's something about players not playing well vs their old clubs, and tonight was no different.

Aside from that, Rooney is an insane striker. He never lost his cool after he was no where to be found in the first half, and getting screwed over on about 90% of the fouls called on him. It's nice to see great players like himself

Libri
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Real Madrid lost to Lyon. What a load of crap. :(

Brazil
02-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Real Madrid lost to Lyon. What a load of crap. :(

:toast Jean Makoun ! lol C. Ronaldo lol Kaka lol Marcelino lol Xavi Alonso lol los galacticos

quentin_compson
02-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Way too many wasted opportunities for Milan in the first half followed by a disgusting fucking goal from Scholes. Ronaldinho played excellently, Huntelaar needs to get the hell out football altogether, and Seedorf should've started instead of Beckham. There's something about players not playing well vs their old clubs, and tonight was no different.

Aside from that, Rooney is an insane striker. He never lost his cool after he was no where to be found in the first half, and getting screwed over on about 90% of the fouls called on him. It's nice to see great players like himself

Actually, I think it's the other way round more often than not.

It was an entertaining game for sure. Ronaldinho really had a very good evening. He pulled out a lot of his old magic and it was efficient, too. I don't know why the Milan defenders decided to just watch Rooney score, though (still a good performance by Rooney, of course).

Let's see what Arsenal can do against the Hulk tonight. Here's the lineup:

Fabianski, Sagna, Campbell, Vermaelen, Clichy, Denilson, Fabregas, Diaby, Nasri, Rosicky, Bendtner.

lefty
02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Fuck you Real Madrid

Fuck you fuck you :pctoss

quentin_compson
02-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Disgusting performance by Arsenal. I don't even know what to say about Fabianski's, eh, mishap, but the rest of the team was no better.
Bad passes all around, silly fouls and so on. In my opinion, Diaby was even worse than Fabianski tonight. Somewhere along the way, I lost count of how many times he gave the ball away.
The only good thing about this first leg is that Arsenal have a good chance of making things right in London - IF they actually show up to play, that is.

Libri
02-17-2010, 06:01 PM
:toast Jean Makoun ! lol C. Ronaldo lol Kaka lol Marcelino lol Xavi Alonso lol los galacticos

I need to laugh more. They say it's good for the heart. hehe

SAtown
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Another great performance by Tom Henning Ovrebo tonight. Fiorentina got robbed

Oh and the Henry hand-ball game ref was the ref in the Arsenal v Porto match. UEFA is really setting the bar high for these refs huh

PuttPutt
02-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Another great performance by Tom Henning Ovrebo tonight. Fiorentina got robbed

Oh and the Henry hand-ball game ref was the ref in the Arsenal v Porto match. UEFA is really setting the bar high for these refs huh

After watching the Fiorentina game. You have to wonder about some of these refs that they use.

SAtown
02-23-2010, 04:54 AM
After watching the Fiorentina game. You have to wonder about some of these refs that they use.

What's worse is that the Bayern Munich v Fiorentina match has repercussions in terms of the Germans having one more spot (4) and the Italians having one less (3) for future Champions League competitions (whereas Italy have 4 now and the Germans have 3).

I'm not saying the Serie deserves more than the Bundesliga in terms of Euro competition, but when 3/4 Serie A teams make it to the 1st knockout stage, half of them are playing Premier teams and one is playing head to head with a German team, certain things come into question in terms of officiating.

Although I enjoy the hell out of Bundesliga games, and I think they're almost a mirror of Prem matches, I'd rather see a 4th place Roma-Milan-Lazio-Fiorentina in the CL than Shalke-Bremen-Hertha

SAtown
02-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Great matches tomorrow and wednesday too :downspin:

Tuesday 23 Feb 2010

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Olympiacos v Bordeaux

Wednesday 24 Feb 2010

CSKA Moskva v Sevilla (earlier match)

Internazionale v Chelsea

Kuestmaster
02-23-2010, 12:23 PM
today barça will win. we are the best team in the world. I hope we can repeat and win the champions this year too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pCVz4ETxas
this team rocks...

DAF86
02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Stuttgart 1 - Barca 0 - 35 min of the first half. Worst match by Barca I've seen in a while.

Libri
02-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Stuttgart 1 - Barca 0 - 35 min of the first half. Worst match by Barca I've seen in a while.

Barca has been suffering the whole first half.

Messi almost got one to go.

DAF86
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Barca has been suffering the whole first half.

Messi almost got one to go.

Messi is beign double teamed everytime he touches the ball.

Libri
02-23-2010, 03:54 PM
tied

nobody covered Ibra

DAF86
02-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow I can't bealive the ref didn't see that, clearly penalty in favour of Barcelona and a red card for the Stuttgart player.

Libri
02-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Those Bordeaux uniforms look like sailor suits.

quentin_compson
02-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Good result for Barca, given how poorly they played. Stuttgart was very good, though, especially in the first half. A couple of weeks ago, this team was close to the bottom of the Bundesliga.

sonic21
03-09-2010, 09:52 AM
ARSENAL : Almunia - Sagna, Campbell, Vermaelen, Clichy - Diaby, Song, Nasri - Walcott, Bendtner, Archavin

PORTO : Helton - Fucile, Rolando, Bruno Alves, Alvaro Pereira - Raul Meireles, Guarin, Ruben Micael, C. Rodriguez - Hulk, Varela

Fabregas and Gallas out.

quentin_compson
03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Well, at least Campbell is fit, so Silvestre won't be playing. Not having Cesc is obviously a big blow, but hell, they survived Roma last year without him, too.
Hopefully, Walcott and Bendtner (minus missing his chances) can build on their last performance against Burnley.

resistanze
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Arsenal just took a dump on Porto. Excellent game. This team is an enigma.

quentin_compson
03-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Arsenal just took a dump on Porto. Excellent game. This team is an enigma.

Yeah, enigma is a fitting description. But even today, when they are winning 5-0, there are a lot of little mistakes that could prove costly against better teams. But if they are on a roll, they can beat anyone (in one game at least).

Nasri's goal was just incredible.

velik_m
03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Good win for Arsenal :tu

symple19
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Good win for Arsenal :tu

indeed, the Nasri goal was fucking unbelievable. Nice play all around, and Arsenal looked great on the attack

sonic21
03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Nasri isn't even in the french NT roster.

Fuck Domenech.

symple19
03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Nasri isn't even in the french NT roster.

Fuck Domenech.

that's crazy, his creativity is so much fun to watch. He's one of those little guys that just gets shit done.

TDMVPDPOY
03-10-2010, 04:12 PM
rmadrid shoulve been up 3+ fkn lame hiquain

DAF86
03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
lol Real Madrid

TDMVPDPOY
03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
lol real madrid watta joke ass team

velik_m
03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Real :lol

DAF86
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
The only bad thing about this Madrid's elimination is that now they will win "La Liga" 'cause they have time to rest (they don't even play the "Copa del Rey" anymore :lol), and they aren't even half the team Barcelona is.

Kuestmaster
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
lol kaka
lol cristiano
lol madrid
and this year champions league final is in his stadium! LOL

TDMVPDPOY
03-10-2010, 05:06 PM
at leasts manutd gave acmilan another good drubbin

quentin_compson
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Kaka seems to fit this Real team the way RJ fits the Spurs. I've only seen a handful of Real games this year, but he was nowhere near his potential in any of them.

Kudos to Lyon for a good second half, but still a pathetic way to go out for Real.

SAtown
03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Good game from Lyon. How many times in a row have Real Madrid lost in the 1st knockout stage now? Seems like they're the team everyone wants to face in this stage. Disgraceful :lol

As for Rooney, he continues to impress. Once again he decimates the Milan defense, this time without Nesta. Not having Pato sucked pretty bad as well, which hurt the already dim chances of scoring 2+ at old trafford. Once again, I don't understand why Leonardo didn't start Seedorf. His ridiculous decisions throughout this round would have Milan fans calling for his head, but there isn't really any other available manager who would fit in.

Brazil
03-10-2010, 07:41 PM
fuck the Real Madrid and the spanish press !!!!

As and Marca take that

DAF sorry but in big games Higuain is a choker !

DAF86
03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
fuck the Real Madrid and the spanish press !!!!

As and Marca take that

DAF sorry but in big games Higuain is a choker !

He has been pretty clutch in a lot of league games for Real Madrid, making a lot of goals for them in the last minutes of tight games. Now if you want to talk about the Champions league I agree that he hasn't had a breakthrough game on that competition yet, but he's just 22/ 23 years old he has a lot of time to make his presence worth and I'm sure he will sooner than later.

Libri
03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
:depressed

Brazil
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
He has been pretty clutch in a lot of league games for Real Madrid, making a lot of goals for them in the last minutes of tight games. Now if you want to talk about the Champions league I agree that he hasn't had a breakthrough game on that competition yet, but he's just 22/ 23 years old he has a lot of time to make his presence worth and I'm sure he will sooner than later.

yep he really needs a good performance in a highly competitive international game. This game against Lyon was a gold opportunity. I wish him all the best during the world cup.
After France I will root for Argentina, always be a big fan of Argentina NT.

DAF86
03-11-2010, 11:50 AM
yep he really needs a good performance in a highly competitive international game. This game against Lyon was a gold opportunity. I wish him all the best during the world cup.
After France I will root for Argentina, always be a big fan of Argentina NT.

I used to root for France when Zidane was playing, now I'm kinda meh towards them, still out of all the big-name NTs they're my second favourite team by default 'cause I dislike most of the others.

My list of teams I don't want to see winning the WC-

1-Brazil/Spain (I really can't pick)
3-England
4-Italy

Brazil
03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I used to root for France when Zidane was playing, now I'm kinda meh towards them, still out of all the big-name NTs they're my second favourite team by default 'cause I dislike most of the others.

My list of teams I don't want to see winning the WC-

1-Brazil/Spain (I really can't pick)
3-England
4-Italy

My list is a classic one for a french

1- Spain (arrogant bastards & there are 4 european teams with a cup we don't want to see a fifth)
2- Italy (obvious reason)
3- Germany (see 82 and 86)
4- England (see rugby, war of 100 years etc...)

The rest is ok

jdev82
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
two words: fucking rooney.

DAF86
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
My list is a classic one for a french

1- Spain (arrogant bastards & there are 4 european teams with a cup we don't want to see a fifth)
2- Italy (obvious reason)
3- Germany (see 82 and 86)
4- England (see rugby, war of 100 years etc...)

The rest is ok

I forgot Germany, they're definitely in my list.

1-Brazil/Spain
3-England
4-Germany
5-Italy

velik_m
03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Lol, it figures two handball fans would like each other's team.

Oh and:

& there are 4 european teams with a cup we don't want to see a fifth

Yes we do.

DAF86
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM

lol Slovenia

Also: Brazil, Italy, England and Germany must be the top 4 teams when it comes to getting referee's assistance. England may not have won a WC if it wasn't for the refs.

Brazil
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Oh and:

Yes we do.

:lol good one velik

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2010, 08:33 PM
ive realised manutd, chelsea or even arsenal doesnt even have any italian players in there starting 11....

resistanze
03-11-2010, 09:20 PM
How many EPL teams have Italian players period? They tend to stay in Serie A.

TDMVPDPOY
03-12-2010, 04:19 AM
How many EPL teams have Italian players period? They tend to stay in Serie A.

maybe they are just shit?

quentin_compson
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
maybe they are just shit?

Yeah, that's probably why they are the reigning world champions.

resistanze
03-16-2010, 04:29 PM
lol Chelsea

Texas_Ranger
03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Forza Inter!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2010, 05:02 PM
shocking from chelsea....

sonic21
03-16-2010, 05:10 PM
the ref was really bad, chelsea too but there was a foul on drogba every corner.

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
the ref was really bad, chelsea too but there was a foul on drogba every corner.

u saw how many times everytime chelsea striker was free to make a run inside the box gets hold back or taken down, blocking way...lame

SAtown
03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Aside from the Eto'o goal, what a disgusting performance from both teams' strikers, especially Drogba. MFer falls EVERY SINGLE TIME. The ref set the tempo very early on by not calling anything in a physical match but neither Eto'o nor Drogba couldn't stay off the ground. I've been watching almost every Chelsea match this season and they've always been a joy to watch. It's a shame Drogba plays like this on a big stage

After watching that match I agree with what Andy Gray said during the game: "they should just eliminate penalties altogether."

resistanze
03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Aside from the Eto'o goal, what a disgusting performance from both teams' strikers, especially Drogba. MFer falls EVERY SINGLE TIME. The ref set the tempo very early on by not calling anything in a physical match but neither Eto'o nor Drogba couldn't stay off the ground. I've been watching almost every Chelsea match this season and they've always been a joy to watch. It's a shame Drogba plays like this on a big stage

After watching that match I agree with what Andy Gray said during the game: "they should just eliminate penalties altogether."

It's sad especially for Drogba because he's so DAMN GOOD. Without all his bullshit he's a top 3 striker in the world. But he's always flopping, falling, bitching and trying to be sneaky (thank god his handballs have gone down in the past couple of seasons).

SAtown
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
/\/\/\ Yep, the premier league this year has been basically dominated by two players: Drogba and Rooney. The difference is that Rooney doesn't easily lose his composure. When Drogba takes a dive, Chelsea lose possession and the defensive back line is on it's back foot. Then you have Ballack yelling at the ref after every non call on Drogba, and Terry losing it in the back. It's crazy what one player can do to an entire team

Bottom line, when you're facing a team with the likes of Lucio and Walter Samuel in the back, you can expect a hell of a physical game.

RedsLakers24
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
i actually saw this game, soccer is pretty fun, im new to this, when does Manchester United Play? i like watching Rooney play?

SAtown
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
i actually saw this game, soccer is pretty fun, im new to this, when does Manchester United Play? i like watching Rooney play?

It was a really entertaining game to watch. The next Man Utd game is Sunday at 9:30 am EST against Liverpool. Although I don't know if they will televise it. But pm me closer to gametime i'll find you a link.

resistanze
03-16-2010, 10:17 PM
/\/\/\ Yep, the premier league this year has been basically dominated by two players: Drogba and Rooney. The difference is that Rooney doesn't easily lose his composure. When Drogba takes a dive, Chelsea lose possession and the defensive back line is on it's back foot. Then you have Ballack yelling at the ref after every non call on Drogba, and Terry losing it in the back. It's crazy what one player can do to an entire team

Bottom line, when you're facing a team with the likes of Lucio and Walter Samuel in the back, you can expect a hell of a physical game.

Rooney has been fantastic. And to think he used to be a hothead. He's come out of Ronaldo's shadow and is living up/exceeding the potential he was billed to have when he was 18.

DAF86
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow, did you see that pass from Messi on the Barca's second goal? Is there still somebody outhere that thinks that Messi isn't the best player in the world?

DAF86
03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Barca 4- Stuttgart 0

Nothing to see here, just the best team and player in the world doing what they're supossed to do. :hat

sonic21
03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
2 french teams in the QF, it only happened once (lyon and monaco in 2004)

Brazil
03-17-2010, 05:20 PM
2 french teams in the QF, it only happened once (lyon and monaco in 2004)

:toast Gourcuff played very well, I hope he is on his way to come back strong after several difficult weeks, too bad Diarra won't play the next match.

resistanze
03-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Arsenal vs Barca :lol

Damn, Baby Gunners couldn't have received a worse QF matchup. Ah well, that's why we play the games. In any case I'll be rooting for whover wins this matchup.

lefty
03-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Bordeaux-Lyon :lmao
Arsenal-Barcelona
ManU - Bayern
Inter-CSKA moskva

resistanze
03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Well at least a French team is guaranteed a SF spot! :lol

velik_m
03-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Bordeaux-Lyon
Arsenal-Barcelona
ManU - Bayern
Inter-CSKA moskva

:smokin

DAF86
03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Bordeaux-Lyon
Arsenal-Barcelona
ManU - Bayern
Inter-CSKA moskva

:smokin

Really?

I've all the other as favorites :lol

If Arsenal respect their style, the QF against Barca should be very entertaining.

quentin_compson
03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Arsenal vs Barca :lol

Damn, Baby Gunners couldn't have received a worse QF matchup.

Well, I think Man Utd. would have been worse, but Barca isn't exactly a walk in the park either.
Arsenal is certainly capable of beating Barca in one game, but to get past them over two legs? I don't know.

I hope Bayern gets their asses handed back to them by Manchester. If Munich's defense doesn't improve, Rooney could easily score like 5 or 6 goals.

resistanze
03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Well, I think Man Utd. would have been worse, but Barca isn't exactly a walk in the park either.
Arsenal is certainly capable of beating Barca in one game, but to get past them over two legs? I don't know.

I hope Bayern gets their asses handed back to them by Manchester. If Munich's defense doesn't improve, Rooney could easily score like 5 or 6 goals.

I agree, Chelsea/ManU absolutely own Arsenal as of late. They need to hold Barca scoreless in the first leg to have a chance, though.

TDMVPDPOY
03-30-2010, 09:08 AM
manutd v bayern in a few hrs, nice...

hope park scores

lefty
03-30-2010, 03:44 PM
lol brazil
lol bordeaux

pookenstein
03-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Words can't explain how I hate Fuck United. So glad Olic scored in the last second. God, I hate these motherfuckers.
Go Bayern!

quentin_compson
03-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Strange performance by Man Utd. They really thought they could just coast through after two minutes?

DAF86
03-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Words can't explain how I hate Fuck United. So glad Olic scored in the last second. God, I hate these motherfuckers.
Go Bayern!

+ 1, I hate that fake "English lord" Ferguson.

velik_m
03-30-2010, 11:25 PM

Fake? How so? He's a "Sir" because he was knighted by the queen.

Bukefal
03-31-2010, 05:52 AM
Go Bayern!

+1 I cant stand em either.

Inter - CSKA tonight!!

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2118/pandevv.png

pookenstein
03-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Assuming it will coma that far, which I bilieve, Barca vs Inter will be a great semifinal. And although I like Barca better, it'll be a tough 2 games. Barca has the better team, but Mourinho is a great coach.

But first things first, Barca vs Arsenal will also be a fun game. Two teams with so much firepower. Messi is a monster.

Muser
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM

Because he's one of the best Football managers in Premier League history?

On a side note, Man United are fucked. Fuck this shit man, Rooney best be fit for the world cup...

Muser
03-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Assuming it will coma that far, which I bilieve, Barca vs Inter will be a great semifinal. And although I like Barca better, it'll be a tough 2 games. Barca has the better team, but Mourinho is a great coach.

But first things first, Barca vs Arsenal will also be a fun game. Two teams with so much firepower. Messi is a monster.

Arsenal are punching above their weight, Barcelona take the two legs easily IMO.

velik_m
03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
On a side note, Man United are fucked. Fuck this shit man, Rooney best be fit for the world cup...

He best not be :p:

lefty
03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
He best not be :p:
+1 here :lol

No but seriously, I hope he's gonna play

Although Algeria and Slovenia are in England's group, we wouldn't like it if our best players missed the WC

Muser
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
I just pray that we don't get Germany, we always shit the bed against them. I still have nightmares of the 1990 semi finals. That England team would have beaten Argentina in the final...:depressed

lefty
03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
I just pray that we don't get Germany, we always shit the bed against them. I still have nightmares of the 1990 semi finals. That England team would have beaten Argentina in the final...:depressed
Germany will have nightmare if they play Algeria (if Algeria qualifies); in fact, we beat them twice in 2 games :hat

resistanze
03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
Let's shock the world Gunners :ihit

pookenstein
03-31-2010, 01:07 PM

Yeah, we kind of own you guys in the big tournaments. 1970, 1972, 1990, 1996. And your biggest problem is thta you never had a world-class goalkeeper.

lefty
03-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah, we kind of own you guys in the big tournaments. 1970, 1972, 1990, 1996. And your biggest problem is thta you never had a world-class goalkeeper.
England's only weakness; if they can get a good one, they will win another WC someday

SAtown
03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
First 15 minutes of the game have been the biggest 0-0 asskicking i've ever seen. Arsenal have not touched the ball for more than 10 seconds at a time

Muser
03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
If anybody follows the premiership we have a GK called Joe Hart, he plays for the team I support (Birmingham City). He's been beasting all year and is the main reason we're as high as we are. How the fuck Robert Green got called up to play ahead of him against Egypt is beyond me.

It's all pretty much moot anyway, Rio Ferdinand/Frank Lampard will all shrivel up like pussies when we play anyone decent.

SAtown
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
lol wow

resistanze
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Wow Arsenal. Really?

resistanze
03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
I agree, Chelsea/ManU absolutely own Arsenal as of late. They need to hold Barca scoreless in the first leg to have a chance, though.

lmao.

Well as long as Barca wins it all, I'm fine.

PuttPutt
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Arsenal just getting dominated! Almost everytime they get the ball, Barca just takes it back.

PuttPutt
03-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Ibrahimovic with 2 nice goals

DAF86
03-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Fake? How so? He's a "Sir" because he was knighted by the queen.

I don't want to get into that 'cause I don't wanna hurt nobody's feelings, I'm just talking about how he's percieved as a gentleman and what not and in reality he's very arrogant and not very respectful in the treatment with his players (for ex. the problems he had with Beckham and Vidic).

resistanze
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah! Make the score respectable!

PuttPutt
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Arsenal FINALLY making a run

resistanze
03-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Baby Gunners showing some balls.

DAF86
03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
WTF Guardiola? Ibrahimovic out?

resistanze
03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
They still love Henry. The reason I became a Gunners fan.

resistanze
03-31-2010, 03:21 PM
WTF Guardiola? Ibrahimovic out?

Yeah, I don't know. I think he's satisfied with 2-1 away. Can you see Arsenal beating Barca 2-0 at Nou?

PuttPutt
03-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I think he's satisfied with 2-1 away. Can you see Arsenal beating Barca 2-0 at Nou?

Doubtful.

DAF86
03-31-2010, 03:25 PM

No, but still strange decision. What if you tie the game?

resistanze
03-31-2010, 03:25 PM
BS foul on Walcott. Did Arsenal realize they had a CL match in the 70th minute?

DAF86
03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Wow, this gets interesting.

SAtown
Uh oh!!!!!!!!!

resistanze
Penalty!!!