PDA

View Full Version : Peter "Burns" Cowboys

howardcopy
08-18-2009, 09:05 AM
I couldn't believe my ears when Peter Burns said today on the TICKET that the Cowboys will tank this season to get better Free-Agents next year when the market has no salary-cap.

Are you kidding me?

NO way the Cowboys tank this season. New stadium, Romo has a ton to prove, and that D has looked great in camp.

Is it me or is Peter Burns smoking the wacky-weed!!!

rjv
08-18-2009, 09:09 AM
when was the last time burns had an interesting sports take ?

Vinnie_Johnson
08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
How does tanking the season = getting good free agents. WTF?

samikeyp
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Pete is doing that for one reason...to get people talking...and its working. :)

pkbpkb81
08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
How does tanking the season = getting good free agents. WTF?

in a uncapped year playoff teams from the year before can't get as many fa

IronMexican
08-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I could tell by reading his takes on this site that he doesn't know much.

howardcopy
08-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I could tell by reading his takes on this site that he doesn't know much.

Iron, why is it that you always make reference to what someone said or didn't do, but you never give any examples.

Shit man, MANUP and give us some examples.

samikeyp
08-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Iron, why is it that you always make reference to what someone said or didn't do, but you never give any examples.

Is it required? Dude is exercising his opinion.

IronMexican
08-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Bro, I don't read many of his posts. But I do remember him asking for a recap of the Spurs game so he could talk about it the nexy day, cause he missed the game. To me at least, that's pretty lame.

I don't live in SA, so I can't really hear him. But from what he posts on this site, seems like he'd rather make a funny joke than have actual sports talk, or at least Basketball.

Didn't he make up something about Odom leaving the Lakers? Mikey or Grecco could do a much better job.

Grecco(One C or two??) Probably has more actual sports takes with his 200 posts than Burns does.

howardcopy
08-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Is it required? Dude is exercising his opinion.

Hell ya it's required Stanky MIKEYP. If you call someone out, at least have the nuts to say why. Don't just put an open statement. Let's see why he sucks.

That's be like me saying, Yo, MikeyP is fat and then not showing a picture, you know.

samikeyp
08-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Hell ya it's required Stanky MIKEYP. If you call someone out, at least have the nuts to say why. Don't just put an open statement. Let's see why he sucks.

That's be like me saying, Yo, MikeyP is fat and then not showing a picture, you know.
:toast

jack sommerset
08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah....The Cowboys are tanking? They are in a brand new stadium that they owe a shitload of money for,season tickets sales suck ass, they are way below there numbers and they are going to tank the season so they can spend more money next year in free agents. OKAY..Someone said Burns is just trying to get people talking. Conversation over. Pick a new topic.

PaulGreco
08-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Mikey or Grecco could do a much better job.

Grecco(One C or two??) Probably has more actual sports takes with his 200 posts than Burns does.

It's one C pal (Greco) and I appreciate the comment. I think what PB was trying to do is take a different angle on a topic to get people all fired up.

Listen training camp is now stale and it's time to start banging heads. What I had heard is that close to 90% of the current Cowboys think the team is worse then it was a year ago without Terrell Owens. Of course no one would go on record.

This team has a lot to prove. On top of that, they still need to find an identity.

Who really are these Cowboys? Everyone keeps telling ME it's Romo's team, but is it really? The dude still hasn't man'd up to take this team over.

Is it the D? Has Ware come out and say this is his D?

I'm trying to put a finger on it, and just can't seem to figure out who will actually lead this team into battle. I guess, we'll all find out soon enough.

If this team doesn't start out 5-1 or 6-0 going into the bye week, how disappointing will that be?

If you look at the schedule they should do just that
@Tam
NYG
Car
@Den
@KC

Those are all winning games and just a few of my random thoughts on the Cowboys.

--PG