PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horry Appreciation Thread!

Tom_Foolery
04-10-2005, 01:19 AM
How can this be overlooked by this time???

6 steals

3 blocks

1 Turnover

6-14/15pts

The best I've seen him in Silver & Black, maybe even in gold & purple too!

Incredible!

GoSpurs21
04-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Hats off to big shot and block Rob....terrific game even though he went 6-14

Jimcs50
04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
6-14 is not bad considering the 3 point shots...15 pts on 14 shots is ok with me

whottt
04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Why stop hating now...

He'll go 1-6 or 1-7 sooner or later...

Unlike every other bench player in the NBA.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2005, 01:42 AM
He was awesome tonight. Nice job Will!

missmyzte
04-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I was at the game tonight and got to see it!!! Wow, what a wild and crazy game. The game winning shot and game-saving block. It was just perfect!

timvp
04-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I saw you behind the Clippers bench.

T Park
04-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Big Shot Bob turned back the clock tonight no question.

Hopefully hes still got that magic in May.

timvp
04-10-2005, 02:29 AM
T Park your sig is now too big.

:rollin

TDfan2007
04-10-2005, 02:46 AM
We are gonna need some of this against GS, since Manu most likely won't play Brent and Rob really have to step up their games.

missmyzte
04-10-2005, 02:51 AM
I saw you behind the Clippers bench.

I've been hearing that from a lot of people. :spin Kinda cool! The Clippers players were getting annoyed with me though, I was getting a lot of dirty looks. Then Kerry Kittles stole my pen.

:lol

PopHater
04-10-2005, 02:54 AM
Let's just hope he has some gas in the tank for the playoffs

alamo50
04-10-2005, 06:46 AM
As the former president of the "GHHH-club" I like to say:

THANK YOU!

Oh yeah, that club stood for Get Horry Here in a Hurry and was formed by yours truly when Horry was a Faker.

:smokin

juncan
04-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Nice job by RoHo.

maxpower
04-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Like mentioned above..I hope Duncan's absence does not nullify the rest Horry has gotten most season in one stretch of games. Considering it is so close to the playoffs, I don't like to see Horry play so many minutes against the main frontline guys of the opposing teams. I want him rested to take on the second stringers(mainly) when spelling Tim or on the outside waiting for Tim's kickout.

sa_butta
04-10-2005, 08:16 AM
big shot/big block Rob
Thank you for saving our asses from
losing to the Clip joint

pigknuckles
04-10-2005, 08:17 AM
I appreciate the last two plays of the game.

However watching him get beat on the defensive end time and time again - not so appreciated. Our frontline will need to be rebuilt next season fo sho. We make Najera, Van Horn, and Chris Anderson look like allstars.

SequSpur
04-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Robert Horry Rocks!

wildbill2u
04-10-2005, 12:38 PM
How can this be overlooked by this time???

6 steals;3 blocks;1 Turnover;6-14/15pts

The best I've seen him in Silver & Black, maybe even in gold & purple too!

Incredible!

When you see what Horry can do when he applies himself, you wonder why he doesn't play with this intensity and emotion all the time--or even half of the time. I've said all year that Horry will break your heart and this is what I meant. He has such great physical skills and savvy that you want him to play well every game--but he often simply fades into the woodwork. Rockets fans kept waiting for years for his 'breakout' year that never came.

Now everyone is going to expect this type of play in the playoffs. Don't be surprised if he disappoints you like he did last year.

boutons
04-10-2005, 01:00 PM
"he doesn't play with this intensity and emotion all the time"

Agree. He's too laid back to be a steady hustle player. He plays for the peaks, like the 3G, or the blocked shot, interspersed with his valleys of apparently lackadaisical disappearance. He prefers to play smart and sneaky (eg, the STLs) rather than confrontational physicality.

So last night was one of his too-rare season stat lines. I'm grateful for that. At his age, I don't think we can exepct more.

angel_luv
04-10-2005, 01:22 PM
He's an oldie but a goody! No doubt!

mookie2001
04-10-2005, 03:29 PM
playoffs.

whottt
04-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Playoffs Mookie? Why? Do you think he's a choker that can't handle pressure or something? I think that's kinda silly.

The thing is...Horry has always done more than hit threes in the clutch...he's always made big defensive plays or rebounds etc in the clutch...

When this guy first came into the NBA some people said he was going to be the next Magic because of his versatility and basketball IQ...

In his career I have pretty much seen Horry do everything a basketball player can do on the court...the guy can do anything..it's just that he does it so rarely you forget what he he can do.

It's easy to criticize Horry because it seems like he doesn't bring it every night...but throughout his career he seems to bring it in the part of the game that matters most...

You can not like Horry because he doesn't play up to his abilities...or you can just accept him for what he is and be glad he is on your team instead of against you.

He's been replaced by Charles Barkley and Karl Malone on NBA Champions...and those teams have come up ringless...I don't think it's a fluke. I think Horry is one of the guys in NBA history you most want on the court in the most pressure filled moments of title winning games...Horry plays his best when everyone elses knees are buckling.

Just accept him for what he is...Pop has. And he still plays smart and helps the team even when he isn't putting up big numbers...

Spurgal
04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I was at the game tonight and got to see it!!! Wow, what a wild and crazy game. The game winning shot and game-saving block. It was just perfect!

I was watching the game with some family and friends when all of a sudden I see Misti behind the Clippers bench... I screamed "That's Misti" everyone just looked at me funny and said, Who's Misti? I told them, she's one of Robert Horry's biggest fan!

:spin

slayermin
04-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Horry still owes us bigtime in the playoffs.