PDA

View Full Version : *** Official "I hope Brett Favre's Achilles detaches" Thread ***

Obstructed_View
08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Let's all hope. After all, the guy just isn't getting as much media attention as he should be getting. A nice career-ending injury would really ramp up the news coverage. This is in no way self-serving; it's simply what gets Brett what he seems to need the most.

Spursfan092120
08-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Dude..I don't like the guy..but seriously..wishing a guy gets hurt? That's just fucked up.

Whisky Dog
08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe someone in his family can die to... To get a bigger media story... Like maybe his fathe.... Oh, wait.

Strike
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe someone in his family can die to... To get a bigger media story... Like maybe his fathe.... Oh, wait.

Awwwww, too soon?

benefactor
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't usually wish injury on anyone, but this time is an exception...just enough of one to end his season.

mardigan
08-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't get all the hate.

IronMexican
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
I never wish an injury on anyone.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-18-2009, 07:52 PM
+1 to the OP.

angrydude
08-18-2009, 07:53 PM

When you give the middle finger to a fan base the size of the packers, its going to happen.

That and its annoying hearing about it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-18-2009, 07:55 PM

There's so much hate cause there's so much love. I'm tired of Favre's apologists defending these stunts he pulls to get attention because he's gone too long not seeing himself on TV.

samikeyp
08-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't wish injury on anyone but I do hope the experiment fails.

CubanSucks
08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Count me in. A nice broken leg would be sufficient in ending this attention whore's spree. :toast But seriously though, how nice would it be to not worry about him coming back or staying retired ever again. All we need is a career ending injury.

kamikazi_player
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
unless he killed somebody, nobody should wish injury on another person.

angelbelow
08-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Is that really necessary..

Steve_Nash
08-18-2009, 10:58 PM
We both sure use our skin color to our full advantage.

Spursfan092120
08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I never wish an injury on anyone.
this

J.T.
08-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Dude..I don't like the guy..but seriously..wishing a guy gets hurt? That's just fucked up.

No it's not. We're sports fans. Deep inside when a player we hate gets hurt we all know we're having a party in our heads.

IronMexican
08-18-2009, 11:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=76418

There is only one state who thinks his season will end in IR. :lol

Spursfan092120
08-19-2009, 12:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=76418

There is only one state who thinks his season will end in IR. :lol
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Should have known

Obstructed_View
08-19-2009, 03:44 AM

I'm hoping that he gets injured so that he can have more attention lavished upon him by ESPN. Favre has given up even pretending that he thinks football is a team sport and has for the most part gotten away with it. You're a fool if you think he's coming back - again - because he just loves football so much. He's got the NFL equivalent of Munchausen's; he might as well get a nice injury to go along with it. It's not like he's standing between the Cowboys and the Super Bowl, so my motives for bringing up the topic are only thinking about what makes Brett happy.

manufan10
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
:toast Here's to hoping Brett Favre has an MVP type season. :toast

DarkReign
08-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Attention whore who kills ESPN every offseason of indecision.

Hes a putz. Dont wish injury per say, but I wouldnt cry a whole lot if it did happen.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm hoping that he gets injured so that he can have more attention lavished upon him by ESPN. Favre has given up even pretending that he thinks football is a team sport and has for the most part gotten away with it. You're a fool if you think he's coming back - again - because he just loves football so much. He's got the NFL equivalent of Munchausen's; he might as well get a nice injury to go along with it. It's not like he's standing between the Cowboys and the Super Bowl, so my motives for bringing up the topic are only thinking about what makes Brett happy.

Great post :tu

Goran Dragic
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Favre has given up even pretending that he thinks football is a team sport and has for the most part gotten away with it.

This is what pisses me off the most. ESPN talks about this as if it is someone really dedicated to football who is just emotional about retiring. If Favre was this great team leader who just wants to play for a team, he wouldn't have gone the past 4 weeks pretending he didn't want to play when really he knew he was gonna sign with Minnesota all along, he just didn't want to go to training camp, even though all of his teammates still had to. He found a front office last year (the Jets), that took him in and bent over backwards to his every need. They gave him an office where he could be isolated from his teammates, they let him skip practices, and in the process turned the entire locker room against him.

I just realized this, what the fuck happened to the deadline Brad Childress set sometime in July saying that Favre needed to make a decision by then? If I were on Minnesota, I'm already pissed at Brett for pulling strings to avoid training camp when my teammates and I have been busting our asses, but I've also lost a ton of respect for Childress letting him pull this stunt and not stick to his word about the deadline he set.

SpuronyourFace
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Wah, wah, wah.

I swear, some of you all sound like pissy little Gays. The only football fans that should be really pissed and wish harm upon Farve are Green Bay fans. I could care less about Brett Farve, but he came back. Oh well, big fucking deal. I'll enjoy watching Green Bay/Minny going at it. Some of you all sound like he punched you in the balls, fucked your sister, and left her pregnate.

I don't know, maybe Im different in the sense that I don't obsesse over BSPN hot topics.

angrydude
08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, I am a Packer fan and I can say I hope something ends this quick because I know what effect this is going to have on the emotional state of certain relatives of mine.

Dr. Gonzo
08-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I hope he wins a Super Bowl and gets proclaimed as the greatest QB of all-time.

SpurNation
08-19-2009, 04:21 PM
The last time I ever wished a player to get hurt was Joe Theisman. He horrifically broke his leg and ended his career.

That wish was made by a 14 year old adolescent who had no regard for the value of human life or respect for athletic competition.

Yep...the last time I ever made a wish like that was in my adolescent youth.

gatoloco
08-19-2009, 04:32 PM
i hope he retires after the season and then comes back again!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Some of the people saying "wishing injury on people is bad" crack me up. As JT said in the other thread, all sports fans have a party in their head every time a player they don't like gets injured, difference is some of them are willing to tell others about how happy they are while others pretend they never silently celebrated so and so being injured.

jdev82
08-19-2009, 05:15 PM
as a milwaukee resident, i hope he does terribly and gets horribly injured against the packers, comes back, plays terribly ruins the vikings chances and destroying petersons touches, plays the packers again and gets a career ending injury.

Brutalis
08-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I hope he has a terrible season with no injury.

Packer fans have every right to be wtfing. Signing with the Vikings permits that, not the Jets scenario.

I for one do not give a shit anymore. Although I dislike Tom Brady and don't like the Manning's either way when Brett said "it's good for football" it pissed me off to no end. Who the fuck do you think you are? He is taking the headlines in the prime of these other HOF QBs and and should fucking take his damn Mississippi ass home and stay there. ESPN is retarded on all fronts. But the NFL front for eating this shit up is quite sad at this point.

J.T.
08-19-2009, 05:43 PM
I hope he wins a Super Bowl and gets proclaimed as the greatest QB of all-time.

He would have to win four more Super Bowls to be the greatest QB of all time.

J.T.
08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Some of the people saying "wishing injury on people is bad" crack me up. As JT said in the other thread, all sports fans have a party in their head every time a player they don't like gets injured, difference is some of them are willing to tell others about how happy they are while others pretend they never silently celebrated so and so being injured.

QFT.

It happens more in basketball I'd think. Like in 2003 when Nowitzki got hurt against the Spurs in the playoffs you people honestly expect me to believe when he went down, you guys put down your beers and said "Aw shucks. Now this playoff just isn't as fun when the other team doesn't have their 28ppg All-Star. :depressed"

When Brady went down in Week 1 last year I don't think anyone outside of Massachusetts shed a tear for his ass. The NFL needed a Brady-less season after the previous season where you could watch ESPN and see everything from Brady's nutsack to the receipt showing what Brady ordered from Burger King.

Same thing with Favre this year. I hope he has to be airlifted out of a game.

dirk4mvp
08-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Brady would never eat at Burger King.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Brady would never eat at Burger King.

His butt chin would lose a lot of definition if he started eating fast food.

Spursfan092120
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Come on people...this isn't that big of a deal. It's not like the guy got busted for dogfighting (Vick), or killed someone while driving drunk (Leonard Little). He just wants to play football.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Come on people...this isn't that big of a deal. It's not like the guy got busted for dogfighting (Vick), or killed someone while driving drunk (Leonard Little). He just wants to play football.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

monosylab1k
08-19-2009, 06:52 PM
The NFL needed a Brady-less season after the previous season where you could watch ESPN and see everything from Brady's nutsack to the receipt showing what Brady ordered from Burger King.

So are we due for a Peyton-less season since each of the past 5 goddamn years we've had half the primetime games be Colts games, along with 75% of commercials featuring Peyton hawking everything from Mastercard to Fantasy Football to Female Condoms?

manufan10
08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Wah, wah, wah.

I swear, some of you all sound like pissy little Gays. The only football fans that should be really pissed and wish harm upon Farve are Green Bay fans. I could care less about Brett Farve, but he came back. Oh well, big fucking deal. I'll enjoy watching Green Bay/Minny going at it. Some of you all sound like he punched you in the balls, fucked your sister, and left her pregnate.

I don't know, maybe Im different in the sense that I don't obsesse over BSPN hot topics.

+1

No matter what J.T. and DoK's assumptions are, I've never wished harm on others. Do I feel sorry for them? No, that's the nature of the profession they are in. However, I don't go around wishing and hoping that these guys get hurt. I don't cross my fingers and pray to the basketball/football or any other sport. It's just a game.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I heard Madden is coming back so he can say Brett Favre a few more times.

angrydude
08-19-2009, 08:24 PM
To be honest, I didn't mind the Jets thing that much last season. I wouldn't have minded if he came back and played for any other team in the NFL. but the Vikings?

ASS

exstatic
08-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't usually wish injury on anyone, but this time is an exception...just enough of one to end his season.

Actually, it has to be something that will make sure he can't play again, ever. I can't do another year of Superbowl to August "will he play or won't he". It's been like five years.

Enough, you whore.

Spursfan092120
08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
Can you think of any other reason why he's doing it? I don't like Brett either, don't get me wrong..but I'm gonna wish an injury on him just because the guy can't make up his mind.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Can you think of any other reason why he's doing it?

Because he thinks he's too special to attend training camp.

Spursfan092120
08-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Because he thinks he's too special to attend training camp.
well..beyond that..I mean the fact that they guy is still playing..it's because he loves it. The training camp issue is the reason I don't like him...but we're acting like he's doing worse shit than a lot of other players have done.

J.T.
08-19-2009, 10:00 PM
So are we due for a Peyton-less season since each of the past 5 goddamn years we've had half the primetime games be Colts games, along with 75% of commercials featuring Peyton hawking everything from Mastercard to Fantasy Football to Female Condoms?

I bet you'd like that so the Pats wouldn't have to get sent home by a Manning again.

kamikazi_player
08-19-2009, 11:09 PM
QFT.

It happens more in basketball I'd think. Like in 2003 when Nowitzki got hurt against the Spurs in the playoffs you people honestly expect me to believe when he went down, you guys put down your beers and said "Aw shucks. Now this playoff just isn't as fun when the other team doesn't have their 28ppg All-Star. :depressed"

When Brady went down in Week 1 last year I don't think anyone outside of Massachusetts shed a tear for his ass. The NFL needed a Brady-less season after the previous season where you could watch ESPN and see everything from Brady's nutsack to the receipt showing what Brady ordered from Burger King.

Same thing with Favre this year. I hope he has to be airlifted out of a game.
I'm pretty sure no one wished Brady was injured like some of you guys do. Donte Stallworth i understand you guys get mad at. But Brett Favre? I don't like him and he annoys me, but wishing injury, thats low. Pathetic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure no one wished Brady was injured like some of you guys do.

Tom Brady is one of my favorite players, but this is just wrong. A group of NY fans created a Bernard Pollard fan club that got thousands of members.

kamikazi_player
08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Tom Brady is one of my favorite players, but this is just wrong. A group of NY fans created a Bernard Pollard fan club that got thousands of members.
I don't mind Tom Brady, i thought he was a little cocky in the media. But, he has that right since he's a three time SB champion. But even the Tom Brady haters in my area did not want to see him getting a season injury.

monosylab1k
08-19-2009, 11:23 PM
I bet you'd like that so the Pats wouldn't have to get sent home by a Manning again.

Don't have to worry about that, the Chargers will take care of Peyton for us.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 01:55 AM
I certainly don't want him to get hurt, I want to see him perfectly healthy and then fail miserably with absolutely no excuses. Even though he's already got the "I have a tear in my shoulder" excuse in his back pocket but still. I just want to see the Vikings go like 7-9 with faggot Favre stinking up the place meanwhile Rodgers wins the MVP and leads the Packers to the Super Bowl.

Brett Favre
08-20-2009, 02:11 AM
You guys need to lighten up. This is good for the NFL.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Sup, Brett.

Brett Favre
08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Sup, Brett.

I'm just up in here tryin' to get a motherfuckin' scholarship.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Scholarship?

Brett Favre
08-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Scholarship?

Yeah. Trying to get back in school so I can get a PhD in Badassology. Only thing is I'm taking the Vikings to the Super Bowl and spring semester starts in January. I think the profs will let me skip school for a month. I'm Brett fuckin' Favre.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 02:20 AM
How long did it take you to commit to a school? Did you tell them you weren't coming at first so you could skip out on the orientation?

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 02:21 AM
How long did it take you to commit to a school? Did you tell them you weren't coming at first so you could skip out on the orientation?

That's why he wants to miss the first month.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 02:25 AM

I'm talking about this semester mofo.

Brett Favre
08-20-2009, 02:26 AM

First month is bullshit anyway. I mean, you could easily just read the book and go to a review session and still pass that first exam.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 02:27 AM
First month is bullshit anyway. I mean, you could easily just read the book and go to a review session and still pass that first exam.

Maybe you wouldn't have fucked up that wonderlic IQ test if you went to more classes.

Brett Favre
08-20-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm talking about this semester mofo.

School doesn't meet on Sunday. Fuck training camp, practice and all that shit. I really only enjoy doing that stuff when the playoffs start. I'm like Robert Horry in that regard.

Brett Favre
08-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Maybe you wouldn't have fucked up that wonderlic IQ test if you went to more classes.

You don't really need to have a high IQ when you can hand out skybox tickets to Packers/Jets/Vikings games with a wristband for all the beautiful beer you can drink. If people play hardball I just throw in a $100 and they're usually on my nuts faster than you can say "lol Packers."

manufan10
09-27-2009, 04:17 PM
pz7P0yJErOw