PDA

View Full Version : HoT nEw PaRtY IdEa!!! The Game Box

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 12:05 AM
deleted... pardon my poor ediquette

PM5K
08-19-2009, 12:11 AM
I saw either this, or something similar on Craigslist (I think it was a different one).

Just two thoughts on your SPAM because it is a cool idea:

1. Your website sucks

2. This costs a lot more than Chuck E Cheese

Slydragon
08-19-2009, 12:19 AM
At least throw a photo of this crazy ass limo up, I know you have yet to do a party but damn snap some pic of it in the driveway.

O and for the weekend the "Game coach" should be at least 2 hot chicks in bikini's and host madden tournys or halo lan parties for the older crowd....I bet that will get more books than the kid parties. :tu

jaffies
08-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Are hookers allowed in your limos?
Can you clean up jizz stains?
Do you usher patrons during drive-bys?
Can I pay you in 8-balls?
Can you take me to Chuck-E-Cheese?

eyeh8u
08-19-2009, 12:24 AM
with a 300 made in china 1080p projector on ebay i can replicate your whole "experience"

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 12:38 AM

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Wait until the game developers find about them using their games for this business model, as well as xbox, ps3 etc. Good luck with that buddy. You will eventually get sued into the stone age.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Eh, you've got a lot to learn about business. Either get some shots of it under construction, or shots of a similar model that's already been assembled.

You really need to be pushing specials for bookings before it's completed.

It's not even done yet so push some specials, regular price is 300.00, maybe a pre-booking special of 225.00. Start the ball rolling on some Madden tournaments.

Just make sure you've actually paid for, and have the rig being built.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Wait until the game developers find about them using their games for this business model, as well as xbox, ps3 etc. Good luck with that buddy. You will eventually get sued into the stone age.

How do you figure? You've never heard of a gaming center? I have and I've certainly NEVER heard of one getting sued.

Slydragon
08-19-2009, 12:46 AM

LMAO says the guy always bragging about getting a game early from the underground :lmao

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 12:49 AM
First of all I used to own a small gaming center in Florida and I closed for that very reason. Many of the gaming parlors are operating illegally. A few are paying steep licensing fees to use games. And yes many have been sued and or shut down.

If this guy has a lawyer worth a damn he would already know this. Read the terms of use on any game, it specifically says game my not be rented or leased this is in there to protect themselves from gaming parlors from making money off of their IP without paying them fees. Some companies are fairly reasonable others not so much like Blizzard.

Laws are one thing and enforcement are another, but you never know when you until you get that first letter in the mail from the Dev's legal beagles.

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 12:51 AM
LMAO says the guy always bragging about getting a game early from the underground :lmao

What is your point? What I do is in the privacy of my own home, very much unlikely to get caught. His business model leaves him wide open to exposure. He will be advertising his business etc, all it will take is one pissed off customer who knows the laws regarding such business and his goose is cooked.

jaffies
08-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Sorry, our game coaches aren't as "qualified" as the ones you requested, but they know a heck of a lot about video games... Good comments, bad comments, thanks either way.

-Jesse

Your 3rd-grade business model is more illegal than the hookers and blow i requested, Uncle Jesse.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 12:55 AM
I supposed you could be right. The people I saw were a franchisee of this company:

http://www.g2u.com/

Presumably they secure the necessary licensing from publishers.

Check out their photo gallery...

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 12:58 AM
here is some good reading. just one example, valva and blizzard are bastards but many devs go suehappy when they are not paid licensing from cybercafes etc.

Valve Bullys Cybercafé
Posted by Ernest Miller
One of the most interesting aspects of the gaming world for me is the LAN party. Sure, online play is great, but the social atmosphere of playing a networked game in physical proximity to the other players on a LAN is fantastic. LAN play and online play hardly compare.

Just a couple of examples: there are few lamers and griefers at a LAN party thanks to the social norms resulting from physical proximity; and, sure, you can use headsets to talk during online play, but it is nothing compared to the before/during/after social interaction of LAN play.

Anyone interested in seeing gaming thrive even more should be supporting and encouraging LAN play.

However, setting up such LANs can be burdensome: hauling around and setting up network gear, PCs or Xboxes, and enough displays is not easy, nor is ensuring all software is patched and up-to-date.

Of course, there are commercial establishments called cybercafés or LAN centers where you can join a group of friends in LAN play without the hassle, for a fee. Many also sponsor regular league play and tournaments. However, the cybercafé industry is new, small and fragmented. Most are barely profitable. Though I like to think of them as the new bowling alleys, they haven't really caught on. [Disclosure: I run a small company on the side, GameJockeys, that will set up a private LAN party for corporate events, parties, etc.]

Game licensing is a serious concern for cybercafés; they realize they need it to operate legally, but it has been hard to come by. Most software companies don't understand their needs and have difficulty negotitating such small licenses with individual members of a fragmented business community. This is changing, however, with companies such as Microsoft offering licenses through cybercafé organizations like iGames such that as long as each copy of a title is legitimately purchased, cybercafés may use them. This licensing arrangement benefits the struggling cybercafé industry and the game industry as a whole by promoting social LAN gaming. [disclosure: GameJockeys is a member of iGames]

On the other hand Valve, a company that has thrived in significant part because of LAN play, is taking a different tack. They are requiring cybercafés to use some seriously problematic software to run the games (Steam) as well as charging what is, for cybercafés, a significant amount of money to have any Valve game available. Fair enough. If that is how Valve wants to license its games, that is their choice. If LAN center customers want to know why Valve games aren't available, that can readily be explained to them.

Of course, these requirements are relatively new. Prior to these licensing requirements, some cybercafés operated in a bit of a grey zone, making the games available in their centers as the licensing issues were worked out. I'm not sure why BattleGround PC Gaming was making Counter-Strike - the five-year old game which is freely downloadble as a Half-Life Mod - available in their center without a proper license, but they did.

Well, Valve Software has sent BattleGround PC Gaming a cease and desist letter. Normally, such a letter would offer three options: a) cease using the software; b) license the software; or, c) get sued. In a bullying fashion, Valve has dropped option a). Rather than simply allow BattleGround PC Gaming to stop using the software, Valve is demanding that BattleGround pay up front for a one-year license or get sued.

What Valve is doing is legally permissible. That doesn't make it right. Perhaps fans of LAN gaming and the professional gaming leagues ought to consider whether Valve's aggressive, overbearing stance is helpful to the gaming community or not. Next time you're considering playing a game of Counter-Strike, why not consider Halo or Battlefield instead?

The text of the License or Be Sued letter is below:

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 01:00 AM

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:01 AM
My girlfriend has a gamebox, sometimes she let's me play it but it doesn't cost me 300.00..........

Mister Sinister
08-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I just lost the game.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:02 AM
We're a mobile entertainment company. We don't charge people to play the games. We charge them to throw a party, host the events, and give them advice and strategies on the games. I do have legal council, by the way, as well as rights with several companies. Thanks for your concern though. Check out

g2u.com
curbgames.com
gametruckparty.com
nomadgamerz.com

I am not re-inventing the wheel, but mine is going to be the best!

Well maybe you do have the legal side of things in check, but from a marketing/promotions side of things you've got a ways to go.

Kori Ellis
08-19-2009, 01:04 AM
We're a mobile entertainment company. We don't charge people to play the games. We charge them to throw a party, host the events, and give them advice and strategies on the games. I do have legal council, by the way, as well as rights with several companies. Thanks for your concern though. Check out

g2u.com
curbgames.com
gametruckparty.com
nomadgamerz.com

I am not re-inventing the wheel, but mine is going to be the best!

So since you have money for legal counsel. Where should I send you the advertising bill for using my website to advertise?

What do you think advertising costs on a website that gets millions of page views a month? Find the average rate and I'll send you a bill for that.

Otherwise, stop spamming my site. Thanks.

jaffies
08-19-2009, 01:05 AM
So since you have money for legal counsel. Where should I send you the advertising bill for using my website to advertise?

What do you think advertising costs on a website that gets millions of page views a month? Find the average rate and I'll send you a bill for that.

Otherwise, stop spamming my site. Thanks.

I love it when she does that.

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 01:06 AM

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Well you went about it the wrong way, you should have made an account, posted a few times, pretending to be a spursfan, then after say a week or two casually bring up the fact your opening a new business.

If it were my forum I would have deleted your post right away but that is Kori's call not mine.

First post on the forum spamming your company is NOT cool. Kori has let me plug my site in the buy sell trade forum without giving me any shit which is much appreciated.

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 01:11 AM

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:12 AM
It's good to promote, but when you've got nothing to promote it doesn't work very well.

I don't know exactly what you're working with or what it looks like but something might very well be better than nothing.

A lot of people actually like to see things being built, there are a ton of automotive related forums where people watch other people build, or restore cars. That's just one example of many, and in this information age we live in people crave it.

If you had shots of a stack of Xbox 360's and a stack of Madden 10 games I bet you'd get a few of us drooling, but at this point you haven't gotten anyone excited about what you're doing, and isn't that the point?

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:14 AM
The small budget that I have for a lawyer doesn't mean that I am big budget for advertising.

I sincerely apologize if you folks feel that I am SPAMING. I just wanted to discuss my business with your community. You guys play nicely with me. I am planning to give a lot to the community. I am not a "non-for-profit", but I have many charity events in the up and coming. This is the last business post you'll have on your site.

I am calling it a night, you guys take care.

That's just it too, offer use a special or something, I mean you are spamming the shit out of us, so at least make it feel a little less like SPAM.

Or if you'd posted this in the geek forums, with shots of the rig being built, it might not have even been considered spam.

You can also PM Kori Ellis about doing something, I know she supports breast cancer charities and I know we've had some things she set up in the past to support it.

You've really got a lot to learn buddy, but I wish you the best.

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 01:18 AM

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Well you went about it the wrong way, you should have made an account, posted a few times, pretending to be a spursfan, then after say a week or two casually bring up the fact your opening a new business.

If it were my forum I would have deleted your post right away but that is Kori's call not mine.

First post on the forum spamming your company is NOT cool. Kori has let me plug my site in the buy sell trade forum without giving me any shit which is much appreciated.

Kori Ellis is as cool as they come, she was made to do this shit.

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Cool concept, im guessing you've never run a business before though and know nothing at all about internet etiquette.

I would also fire your webmaster and start from scratch.
Create a twitter account and plug the hell out of your site on there. Link to twitter from your website.

TheGameBox
08-19-2009, 01:21 AM

Slydragon
08-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Seriously tho you can used my bikini weekend idea but give me 1 free one for 4 hours or I will sue. I have taken screen caps of this thread and your site as proof that you did not have it listed as a service.

Also in the faqs one question was "does it take a lot of electricity" and you said yes but don't worry we have generators. So my question to you is, if I run a extension cord to your gaming rig do I get a discount?

BTW kori if the bikini thing happens your invited but not Timvp.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:33 AM
You've given me some good ideas. I've got some thick skin, and this isn't my first forum. You guys aren't bad. Later.

No it isn't a bad forum, a lot of other places would have banned you and removed your link, but Kori Ellis doesn't roll that way (at least not usually, unless it's unlicensed NBA apparel).

Yeah you should probably hire me as your marketing consultant.

Slydragon
08-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah you should probably hire me as your marketing consultant.

Quit spamming the site bitch

PM5K
08-19-2009, 01:48 AM
Quit spamming the site bitch

Go play your PS3, oh wait it's a PS3, never mind.....

Slydragon
08-19-2009, 02:06 AM
Go play your PS3, oh wait it's a PS3, never mind.....

Fanboy......and I was I would post between rounds. Didn't you have a PS3 also? I got both a PS3 and XBox they fight for my love and killed the Wii.

Go play with your iPhone.

Kori Ellis
08-19-2009, 02:18 AM
I didn't mean the guy had to delete all his posts. I just think it's funny when someone comes and starts right away spamming about their business. "HEY GUYS IT'S ONLY 300 BUCKS - YOU'D SPEND MORE AT CHUCKY CHEESE!" "LIKE I SAID ONLY $300 .. WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT?!"

As was said earlier in this thread, at least pretend to be a Spurs fan for a few days then start trying to make a buck. :lol

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 02:48 AM
deleted... pardon my poor ediquette

Spell check is your friend.

Heath Ledger
08-19-2009, 02:49 AM
This one borders on going in the classic section.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Not even close to classic....

PM5K
08-19-2009, 03:21 AM
at least pretend to be a Spurs fan for a few days then start trying to make a buck. :lol

I've been pretending for a few years now, I'm just waiting to unleash my unbelievable Multi level marketing blitz!