PDA

View Full Version : off with the head(coach)

PopHater
04-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Remember back in 1996 when Bob Hill was fired because he could not win any games with a bunch of CBA players? Let me refresh your memory. The Admiral D-Rob, Sean Elliot and Vinny del Negro were all out with injury as well as a few other of the Spurs bench. The Spurs were in such dire need for player they were signing CBA players to one week contracts just to be able to put a team on the floor. During this stretch Bob Hill was fired and replaced by Gregg Popovich. You know, that same guy who now cannot win a game without his stars. I know what you are thinking, "But we just beat the Clippers." We also have Manu back, but what was the Spurs' record without Tim and Manu? And even with Manu back and Tim still out the Spurs own a LOSING record. If it was ok to fire Bob Hill back in 1996 when half the team was sidelined with injury, how come it is not ok to fire Popovich for not being able to win with just 2 guys out?

Enjoy watching everyone else in the playoffs after round 1 because the Spurs will lose the opening round. It doesn't matter wether we play the Nuggets or the Rockets. They're both too big inside for us without Tim. Wake up people we just barely squeaked by the Clippers! Even if Tim comes back for those games, he has been out so long that you have to question his affectiveness in the game by that time.

Yes the Spurs are still my favorite basketball team eventhough I know we'll be stuck with Pop for another 10 years. The worst thing that happened to this franchise was winning it back in '99. Anyone could have coached that team to a championship, hell my mom could have done it! But Pop did it and now all the blind faithful think of him as some great savior. I still cheered for the Oilers when Pardee was their coach, and I still cheered for the Cowboys when Switzer had the reins, so I'll still back my Spurs even with the inept steering the way with his eyes closed.

timvp
04-10-2005, 02:06 AM
AHF has a new friend.

Sweet!

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Always wondered what happened to Kevin O'Keefe....

T Park
04-10-2005, 02:08 AM
lol that was slightly funny.

But im looking at active viewers viewing this thread and i see wolves 009 so Im thinkin its the same person.

HB22inSA
04-10-2005, 02:11 AM
I thought Bob Hill got fired because he didn't preach defense.

And how many Championships does Pop have to win to gain your respect?

exstatic
04-10-2005, 02:11 AM
If you know anything about the history of the Spurs, you'd know that the players went to Pop and ASKED him to fire Bob Hill. HE HAD LOST THE TEAM.

PopHater
04-10-2005, 02:48 AM
If you know anything about the history of the Spurs, you'd know that the players went to Pop and ASKED him to fire Bob Hill. HE HAD LOST THE TEAM.

Which players were these? The CBA guys who only had 2 days left on the contract?

I do know a little something about the history of the Spurs, but I'm not a former player like you are apparently so I was not privy to this inside info.

Bob Hill may have lost the team, but is Pop still in the driver seat now? How bad does our free throw shooting have to get? How many games do the guys have to show up to half asleep? How many playoff series do we have to get out coached in before you Pop lovers pull your heads out of his ass?

timvp
04-10-2005, 02:50 AM
PopHater has potential to be an outstanding poster.

I wonder if he'll stick around.

:drunk

ducks
04-10-2005, 05:25 PM
pophater what a screen name

maxpower
04-10-2005, 05:32 PM

As long as he keeps his passwords in order.

Solid D
04-10-2005, 05:39 PM
http://www.classicmovies.org/graphics/lloydbridges.jpg
(*yawn*) Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up apathy.

kskonn
04-10-2005, 06:43 PM
He was fired for his inability to win the seasons that all of the players were there. Also the players came out and said that Bob Hill was very unorganized and did not know how to draw up plays. The players felt that he lacked the basketball knowledge to be a head coach. This was all very public. And it was not the CBA guys it was Elliot, robinson etc....

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Where was this guy for the blog on this topic last week?

SPURS-SPURS-SPURS
04-10-2005, 07:10 PM

only when the spurs loose in the first round he will stick around :lol

exstatic
04-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Which players were these? The CBA guys who only had 2 days left on the contract?

DA-VID ROB-IN-SON, A-VER-Y JOHN-SON. Pop took the bullet for them and their reputations, and with weakminds such as yourself still decrying him after a decade, it appears that his Jedi mind trick worked.