PDA

View Full Version : 911.....who can help me?

Rapper
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
If i am in houston, as a traveller, how do i get San Antonio? i mean from Houston to San Antonio? by train? airplane?

please tell me ...thanks

JoeChalupa
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Fly

JudynTX
08-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Oceanliner

mookie2001
08-19-2009, 09:32 AM
what kind of question is this?

I-10 west

MoSpur
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Get in a car and just drive I-10 West towards San Antonio. It will take a little more than three hours depending on traffic, but you will save some money. If you don't have a car, then just fly.

manufan10
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
If you don't have money for an airplane ticket, and you don't have a car.. walk.

CubanMustGo
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Rapper is flying to the US from out of the country, folks.

There are regular flights on Southwest Airlines (and many others) between Houston and San Antonio. Be aware there are two airports in Houston, Hobby and Bush, so be sure you make reservations at the right airport if you go that route. Flights are a little under an hour in duration. If you do fly you will either have to rent a car or hop on a local bus to get to your hotel. The AT&T Center is a little out of the way so for maximum flexibility renting a car once here is recommended.

You can easily rent a car in Houston, if you are comfortable driving a car with left hand drive; it's about 300 km from Houston to SA. If you so rent a car make sure it's one with "unlimited mileage". It will take you about 3-4 hrs depending on traffic.

Train service is available, but US train service sucks - infrequent and slow. Same for bus service.

San Antonio has better mass transit (bus service) than many US cities, but it's a hassle when you're on a tight schedule.

Johnson
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
or live dangerously and hitchhike

Summers
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM

In January. Why is this a 911 question? And is Rapper a troll or not? I'm confused.

mookie2001
08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
so if hes flying in from another country wouldnt he know the airline schedules?

CubanMustGo
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
so if hes flying in from another country wouldnt he know the airline schedules?

If I was flying to another country that spoke a native language different than my own, no, I would not know all the airline schedules between a major point of entry and some backwater town (from an airport/airline perspective) like SA.

ploto
08-19-2009, 09:56 AM
If you are comfortable driving, I always make the drive instead of flying. By the time you drive or catch a cab to Hobby or Intergallactical Airport, have to get there early, park, get through security, wait for your flight, fly, wait for baggage, rent a car or catch a cab, and get to where you want in SA, you could probably be there driving. I can get from Downtown Houston to my house in 3 hours driving. Just be careful what time you leave Houston to avoid rush hour and catch IH 10 West all the way to SA.

mookie2001
08-19-2009, 09:58 AM
well he posts on spurstalk in english doesnt he?

do you think he booked his flight from a shaman in a bamboo hut or what?

I. Hustle
08-19-2009, 10:00 AM
If I were you I would just take the train. It's about a two hour ride. So you guys have 911 over there too huh or are you referencing 9/11?

http://pics.bikerag.com/Uploads/data/500/258Troll_spray.jpg

clambake
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
are you sure you want to go to texas?

don't you know what they did to the boat people.

redneck texans put chinese and vietnamese in the same wok.

to21
08-19-2009, 10:24 AM

do you think he booked his flight from a shaman in a bamboo hut or what?by the rice patties.

gatoloco
08-19-2009, 10:55 AM
it's hurricane season.

just find a nice roof in galveston and you'll end up in san antonio with the other refugees...

Frenzy
08-19-2009, 11:18 AM

do you think he booked his flight from a shaman in a bamboo hut or what?:lol

Rapper
08-19-2009, 11:42 AM

There are regular flights on Southwest Airlines (and many others) between Houston and San Antonio. Be aware there are two airports in Houston, Hobby and Bush, so be sure you make reservations at the right airport if you go that route. Flights are a little under an hour in duration. If you do fly you will either have to rent a car or hop on a local bus to get to your hotel. The AT&T Center is a little out of the way so for maximum flexibility renting a car once here is recommended.

You can easily rent a car in Houston, if you are comfortable driving a car with left hand drive; it's about 300 km from Houston to SA. If you so rent a car make sure it's one with "unlimited mileage". It will take you about 3-4 hrs depending on traffic.

Train service is available, but US train service sucks - infrequent and slow. Same for bus service.

San Antonio has better mass transit (bus service) than many US cities, but it's a hassle when you're on a tight schedule.

Thanks

you know what, considering my english is not that good so i'm afraid of losing my way when i'm in Texas.

I will come USA in Jan so that i need to prepare a plan, my cousin recommend me to stay at texas in 10 days, 3 cities for us to travel in, SA, Houston and Dallas

PakiDan
08-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks

you know what, considering my english is not that good so i'm afraid of losing my way when i'm in Texas.

I will come USA in Jan so that i need to prepare a plan, my cousin recommend me to stay at texas in 10 days, 3 cities for us to travel in, SA, Houston and Dallas

Let me know Rapper.... I'll pick you up in Houston and give you a ride to SA. I have a sis in H town I could visit.

clambake
08-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks

i think your cousin hates you.

mrsmaalox
08-19-2009, 12:11 PM
I understand your desire to visit San Antonio, being a Spurs fan and all. But unless you are also a Rockets fan and a Mavs fan, you'll be seeing a lot of the same thing over and over by visiting those 3 cities.

HORNSWOGGLE
08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/8/87/20081104200453!Hitchhiker-Luxemburg-1977.jpg

Bender
08-19-2009, 01:12 PM
^ back up above when I said to hitchhike, I was looking for a pic of Chong from the movie Up In Smoke, where Cheech saw him hitchhiking...