PDA

View Full Version : Jason Williams going to Magic

2Cleva
08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Jason Williams is expected to sign with the Orlando Magic in the coming days, sources tell RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Williams, who worked out for the Magic on Tuesday, resides in Orlando with his family and will return after retiring shortly before the 08-09 season.

Damn, I like what the Magic have done.

And they still have one more card to play if need be - dealing Gortat somewhere for another piece midseason.

They were already my favorites in the East.

I. Hustle
08-19-2009, 02:01 PM
/http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/whitechocolate4.jpgforum

Bob Lanier
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
An old-Vince Carter-led team is your favorite to win the NBA's best conference?

Mel_13
08-19-2009, 04:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4410164

Basketballgirl25
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM

At least he isn't picking a old Dallas Mavs team to win the finals, Magic have a better shot then that team

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
At least he isn't picking a old Dallas Mavs team to win the finals, Magic have a better shot then that team

Why are you so obsessed with dallas?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Jameer Nelson/ Anthony Johnson/ Jason Williams
Vince Carter/ Matty Bricks /JJ Redick
Rashard Lewis/ Michael Pietrus
Brandon Bass/ Ryan "Birdman" Anderson (lol)
Dwight Howard/ Marcin Gortat

They certainly have the talent. The big question will be if Vince has the hunger and drive to prove to people he can be one of the top 2 players on a championship team.

spursfan1000
08-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Im wondering how WIlliams will do, wil he be rusty or will he be ready to go.

bostonguy
08-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm a biased fan of the Cavs. I overrate them to get attention.

Fixed

Morg1411
08-19-2009, 09:52 PM
White Chocolate returns!!!!

Hopefully JWill will be ready to go. He was always fun to watch.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm as big of a Vince Carter fan as any, but I don't think they can beat the Cavs again. Turkoglu flopped his way to like 10 free throw attempts one game where he shot 1-11 from the field. Carter doesn't flop to get cheap points, a disadvantage in today's NBA. They have Shaq to guard Howard now. It's just going to be sad to see how many people will blame Vince Carter when they get embarrassed by the Cavs this year.

If Delonte West and Mo Williams are still the starting PG and SG on Cleveland, They ain't doing shit. Rafer Alston had a huge series against them, imagine what Jameer Nelson will do. Vince will be able to abuse Delonte West.

carrao45
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Im wondering how WIlliams will do, wil he be rusty or will he be ready to go.

He'll be very rusty. I expect he will be average at best. Howard i think the Magic, along with Boston, are lock for the ECF's at least.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
He'll be very rusty. I expect he will be average at best. Howard i think the Magic, along with Boston, are lock for the ECF's at least.

I agree, unless of course the Cavs get the 1 seed and Boston and Orlando get to knock each other around in the 2nd round. Orlando and Boston are the best two teams in that conference, this changes if Cleveland gets a good 3-guard and the athletic 4 every Shaq team needs.

Ghazi
08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Amare

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Amare

Not who I had in mind, I meant an athletic 4 who hustles and defends well, basically a motivated Basshole.

bostonguy
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
If Delonte West and Mo Williams are still the starting PG and SG on Cleveland, They ain't doing shit. Rafer Alston had a huge series against them, imagine what Jameer Nelson will do. Vince will be able to abuse Delonte West.

He thinks the Cavs are flawless and had the best offseason out of all the elites. He thinks Shaq will be 2000-2002 Shaq again. :lmao

My Fault
08-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Basically to undersized SGs. We all know they don't have a true point...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 11:50 PM
We all know they don't have a true point...

Closest they have to that is Lebron.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 11:52 PM
He thinks the Cavs are flawless and had the best offseason out of all the elites. He thinks Shaq will be 2000-2002 Shaq again. :lmao

Here's how bad the Cavs pick and roll defense is.......they brought in one of the most notoriously bad S/R defenders in NBA history in order to improve their pick and roll defense :lol

bostonguy
08-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Here's how bad the Cavs pick and roll defense is.......they brought in one of the most notoriously bad S/R defenders in NBA history in order to improve their pick and roll defense :lol

It is going to be fun to watch teams shred that D apart.

carrao45
08-20-2009, 02:14 AM
I agree, unless of course the Cavs get the 1 seed and Boston and Orlando get to knock each other around in the 2nd round. Orlando and Boston are the best two teams in that conference, this changes if Cleveland gets a good 3-guard and the athletic 4 every Shaq team needs.

Yeah, but considering the fat contract they just gave their big jewish flopper, they arent getting that kind of 4. The Cavs wouldn't pay Varejew that kinda money to come off the bench. That's Lamar Odom level money

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 02:16 AM
Yeah, but considering the fat contract they just gave their big jewish flopper, they arent getting that kind of 4. The Cavs wouldn't pay Varejew that kinda money to come off the bench. That's Lamar Odom level money

Be careful, my client DoK is Jewish.

And Varejao isn't Jewish, Brazilian Jews are about as non-existent as black Jews. Just cause he's got ugly ass curly hair doesn't make him Jewish.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
It is going to be fun to watch teams shred that D apart.

Good teams......that defense is structured perfectly to give bad teams fits, very similar to the 2005-2007 Suns......once they start running into good teams that have the personnel and coaching to aim at the gaping Achilles' heal on that team, then the defense is exposed.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 03:25 AM

They did get Parker and Moon to help out in that small guard department.

KidCongo
08-20-2009, 03:33 AM

Fuck Carter. Delonte is gunna be all like 'put that hot sauce in ma bag' and lock him down.

KidCongo
08-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Good teams......that defense is structured perfectly to give bad teams fits, very similar to the 2005-2007 Suns......once they start running into good teams that have the personnel and coaching to aim at the gaping Achilles' heal on that team, then the defense is exposed.

I'm sorry but the Cavaliers have a coach and superstar players that believe in defense first approach.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 03:35 AM

Dwight Howard is the man on the Magic. Vince ties with Lewis and Jameer as the second options. They're a little Detroit Pistons like.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Fuck Carter. Delonte is gunna be all like 'put that hot sauce in ma bag' and lock him down.

Good luck with that.

BRHornet45
08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
sons hell yea! thuggin and buggin J Dub is back! the blackest man to ever play in the NBA

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Sup BR, you excited for white chocolate's return?

BRHornet45
08-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Sup BR, you excited for white chocolate's return?

son I wish the Hornets had signed him. he would fit in well down here.

Mormon Jazz Fan
08-20-2009, 08:32 AM
This wannabe spook needs to retire.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Alston had a decent series because nobody was guarding him and he got hot at the right time. Rafer Alston is flat out garbage and I would have done the same.

You just proved his point....

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Varejao is a great pick and roll defender actually. It's hard to play defense on someone when they're allowed to throw elbows and commit offensive fouls repeatedly. And then in the same token, they get a call any time a defender attempts to guard them. I know one thing, Shaq won't allow the officials to take over a game without publicly ripping into them something fierce.

Your posts are so retarded.

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 08:42 AM
What point was that? That the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then?

No, my point is your posts about how so and so gets away with something while so and so is allowed to do yada yada yada is annoying. If the NBA is such a joke and the refs are so crooked, then don't fuckin watch it.