PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally got Hydrogen Peroxide in my eye

Findog
08-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I ran out of disinfectant solution, but noticed I had a bottle in my drawer that was a freebie from a visit to the optometrist. I didn't realize it was Clear Care contact solution by CIBA, and didnt notice the warning saying that you should NOT use regular contact cases. When I attempted to put the contact in my left eye this morning, it burned terribly. I actually thought I had been able to successfully insert it and it had gotten stuck. I went to an optometrist to have it removed. He confirmed that there was no contact stuck inside my eye and the pain and irritation I was feeling was from the solution. He advised to not wear contacts for a couple of days.

I flushed it with water several times today and have been periodically using eyewash, but it's still irritated. Any home remedies or therapies to alleviate the irritation?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Water, bedrest and not-too-tightly applied ace bandage are about the only home remedies I have. Hopefully they'll help.

At a minimum I'd get one of those single eye patches so you can walk around and act like a pirate. There's always an upside to an eye injury. :tu

You don't have to thank me, btw.

Useruser666
08-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Try these eye drops....

http://www.similasanusa.com/

They have them at HEB and other drug stores. Use the redness ones.

You can also rub a very small amount of the Neosporin w/ pain reliever on the inside of your eye lid and/or the corners of your eyes. Use the ointment variety. This will gook up your eye for a few minutes, but will help with irritation.

I've used these methods and have had contacts for 15 years. Good luck.

PM5K
08-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Why didn't you get something from the optometrist?

jack sommerset
08-19-2009, 05:49 PM
fz9at2f-jKE&feature

Findog
08-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Why didn't you get something from the optometrist?

He put something in there before I left and it's much better, but still irritating.

TDMVPDPOY
08-19-2009, 06:32 PM
bukkake gone wrong?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-19-2009, 10:55 PM
rofl
you dumbass
it says all over that shit not to put directly in your eye

Findog
08-19-2009, 11:18 PM
rofl
you dumbass
it says all over that shit not to put directly in your eye

It says it in very tiny print on the bottle I have, and I didn't put it directly in my eye, I soaked my contacts in the solution and then inserted the HP-coated contact into my eye. Thanks for your input though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Good one Amare.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-20-2009, 12:41 AM
It says it in very tiny print on the bottle I have, and I didn't put it directly in my eye, I soaked my contacts in the solution and then inserted the HP-coated contact into my eye. Thanks for your input though.

There is a red streak across the entire top of the label that says not to do what you did do.

The Franchise
08-20-2009, 02:34 AM
I did the same thing when I first started wearing contacts. Do what he says and the irritation should be gone in about three days.

Findog
08-20-2009, 07:50 AM
I did the same thing when I first started wearing contacts. Do what he says and the irritation should be gone in about three days.

It feels much better today.

Dr. Gonzo
08-20-2009, 08:20 AM
One time I accidentally put rubbing alcohol in my eye. My roommate put rubbing alcohol in a tube of Clear Eyes for his VCR head cleaner and didn't mark it. I dropped in in my eye and it was the worst pain I've felt. It lasted about 10 minutes. It sucked.

BacktoBasics
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
You won't believe me but rub some Vick's vapor rub all over the eye before bed. You would think the Vick's would burn uncontrollably but it really doesn't. It only burns for a second or two and then begins to go to work. By morning the Vick's will have crusted a bit but your eye will feel awesome.

I took a nasty nasty scratch to my eye. I could barely open it and couldn't afford to go see an eye doctor. I couldn't drive or see very well. I reluctantly took this advice as a last ditch effort and was shocked at the results.

Findog
08-20-2009, 08:44 AM
There is a red streak across the entire top of the label that says not to do what you did do.

You're right. I looked at it this morning and there is that red strip you're talking about. Oh well, some lessons have to be learned the hard way. :bang