whottt
04-10-2005, 03:22 AM
This is what Barry did in the 4th quarter and OT:

Start of the 4th Quarter.
11:44 Brent Barry missed 29 ft three point jumper. 77-76

9:34 Bruce Bowen enters the game for Brent Barry. 79-84

7:15 Brent Barry enters the game for Bruce Bowen. 85-88

6:22 Tony Massenburg made jumper. Assisted by Brent Barry. 87-90

5:09 Manu Ginobili made 27 ft three point jumper. Assisted by Brent Barry. 92-92

4:09 Brent Barry made Free Throw 1 of 2. 93-92

4:09 Brent Barry made Free Throw 2 of 2. 94-92

3:39 Bruce Bowen enters the game for Brent Barry. 94-92

0:35 Brent Barry enters the game for Bruce Bowen. 102-99

0:31 Bruce Bowen enters the game for Brent Barry. 102-99

1st OT
Not a fucking thing

2nd OT

0:32 Brent Barry enters the game for Bruce Bowen. 122-122

0:22 Brent Barry offensive rebound. 122-122

0:22 Robert Horry made 28 ft three point jumper. Assisted by Brent Barry. 125-122

0:22 Bruce Bowen enters the game for Brent Barry. 125-122

Final Score for the idiots amongst us...125-122

This guy made all 3 of his assists in the final 6 minutes of regulation, he made the game tying asists, he made the game leading FT's in the 4th...and then he made the game tying assist in OT...

And you guys are calling this guy gutless, heartless and missing in action?

And saying he passes scared?

You are fucking stupid.

Maybe the way he passes has something to do with why he has a career assist high higher than any player on our team, inspite of only playing PG regularly for a year....

Note...in the clutch he hand an assist to TO ratio of 3-0, a FT% of 1000...and he made the key assists including the game winner.

toosmallshoes
04-10-2005, 03:30 AM
you know, this is pretty much a dead issue. He started playing better, and nobody's complaining about him anymore. Good. Go Barry!

Kori Ellis
04-10-2005, 03:34 AM
He started playing better, and nobody's complaining about him anymore.

Apparently you didn't read the rest of the threads in the forum :lol

whottt
04-10-2005, 03:35 AM
you know, this is pretty much a dead issue. He started playing better, and nobody's complaining about him anymore. Good. Go Barry!

Read the forum much?

Kick Brent Barry's ass in this thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13350)

IICR you were a Barry hater too...being observant isn't the strong suit of you guys is it?

whottt
04-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Amazing how TPark and Erratic all of a sudden need their pictures posted on a milk carton...

:majorfuckenrolleyes

timvp
04-10-2005, 03:38 AM
IICR you were a Barry hater too...being observant isn't the strong suit of you guys is it?

Actually, he's been pretty much right on about Barry so far this season. He's often siding with you.

whottt
04-10-2005, 03:43 AM
He stepped on the hater wagon for a second...I remember it...true he was more objective than most of the haters are....and he wasn't on it long.

The funny thing is it's not like Brent Barry is my favorite player...I just feel that he's been a lot more effective than people realize even if he doesn't hit 80% from 3 every night...and needs defending...

Anyway, I am not after him, but he did step in here and call me out for making this thread...

I am after TPark, Go Spurs and Erratic...they know who the fuck they are...

I also wouldn't mind an appearance from Duncan2millionandone or whoever that was...

Mavs Troll Mulvany
04-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Brent Barry sucks

toosmallshoes
04-10-2005, 03:49 AM
I guess i've been slacking off. I've never been a hater. but I could try. um... barry sucks! Kick him!

TheWriter
04-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Just like your mother at happy hour.

Drachen
04-10-2005, 03:53 AM
This is what Barry did in the 4th quarter and OT:

This guy made all 3 of his assists in the final 6 minutes of regulation, he made the game tying asists, he made the game leading FT's in the 4th...and then he made the game tying assist in OT...

And you guys are calling this guy gutless, heartless and missing in action?

And saying he passes scared?

You are fucking stupid.

Maybe the way he passes has something to do with why he has a career assist high higher than any player on our team, inspite of only playing PG regularly for a year....

Note...in the clutch he hand an assist to TO ratio of 3-0, a FT% of 1000...and he made the key assists including the game winner.

A free throw percentage of 1000? Are you telling me that all of his made free throws counted as 10 pts?? My, that is a valuable player.

P.S. I have never been a Barry hater, just being facitious.

toosmallshoes
04-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Iicr ?

whottt
04-10-2005, 04:02 AM
Or perhaps he should realise that he is breaking the team with his cowardice

From:Time for Barry to step up (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12401&page=2&pp=26)

I knew I had you on the list as a potential Barry hater...

Like I said...you weren't totally on the hater wagon and you were pretty objective... but calling a guy a coward means you at least are getting ready to get on it...calling a guy a coward is worse than just saying he sucks...that's about worst tag you can stick on a guy...

toosmallshoes
04-10-2005, 04:30 AM
I waited all season to finally get mad at him for playing poorly. He was. I finally felt it was time to call him on it. and just when the spurs needed it he stepped up. If I called him a coward then i felt very strongly about his poor play. He stepped up and my momentary fall from liking his game was over. Calling me a Barry hater or even a potential barry hater is just going overboard. Nice memory though.

xcoriate
04-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Right behind Whottt on this issue, Barry does so much other than shoot threes.

See it people, see it.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-10-2005, 08:33 AM
I have always be a fan of the guy, there was a time when he was stuggling and Brown was hot that i said that brown should get barry's minutes until his hot streak runs out, but I have never been a hater. I think we should leave brown off the playoff roster in favor of Glenn Robinson.

duncan2k5
04-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Brent is playing well lately. he had a bad game and made up for it in different ways.

Holmes_Fans
04-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Final Score for the idiots amongst us...125-122
Wasn't the score 125-124

picnroll
04-10-2005, 10:09 AM
From:Time for Barry to step up (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12401&page=2&pp=26)

I knew I had you on the list as a potential Barry hater...

This is getting scary. Is Whottt's gonna go Columbine on us?

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 10:22 AM
Barry is just a really poor shooter on the road overall this season. Can't really expect to change anytime soon, so we have to look to the play that whottt is illustrating.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 01:08 PM
The problem is we have too many box score jockeys on this site who look down and see 1-5 and think the guy did a bad job.

They're the same people who whine when Manu only has 12 points in the game, but ignore him having 3 steals, taking 4 charges, and making the pass that leads to another pass to a wide open man for an easy hoop.

Ginofan
04-10-2005, 01:22 PM
The problem is we have too many box score jockeys on this site who look down and see 1-5 and think the guy did a bad job.

They're the same people who whine when Manu only has 12 points in the game, but ignore him having 3 steals, taking 4 charges, and making the pass that leads to another pass to a wide open man for an easy hoop.

Hey do you know of a site that keeps tracks of charges taken? I bet he's one of the top in the league, i'm just curious as to what his average per game is though.

Dex
04-10-2005, 01:29 PM
If Brent doesn't go 6/4 from the arc tonight, the Spurs should waive him. :rolleyes

Rick Von Braun
04-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey do you know of a site that keeps tracks of charges taken? I bet he's one of the top in the league, i'm just curious as to what his average per game is though. Roland Bleech from 82.games is trying to keep track of several of those defensive stats, including charges taken. He has some data publicly available for the Kings, but nothing else. He'll probably start providing more data next year.

whottt
04-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Barry is just a really poor shooter on the road overall this season. Can't really expect to change anytime soon, so we have to look to the play that whottt is illustrating.

In that 2nd Phoenix game Barry was also 1-5 from the floor...until the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter...

Lots of guys start off 1-5...I'd be willing to be that Manu started off worse than that last night...if they don';t get anymore PT then it's stupid to judge them as having a poor night...

I've also noticed that when all he does is spot up and shoot threes he starts slumping...he seems to hit threes better when he is just out there playing basketball and not forcing it.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Did you not understand "poor shooter on the road overall this season" or what?

Just accept it. I have.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm not saying he hasn't been clutch at times and hit timely shots -- quite simply he hasn't been the shooter even you expected.

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:07 PM
IF he gets to play enough minutes in the clutch his eventual statline may look pretty good...including shooting PCT...all he has to do is make 3 shots in a row and he is a 50% shooter...I contend that he doesn't get as many opportunities on the road because Pop tends to go with defense over offense on the road. I think Pop is right to focus on D...but the truth is that Barry doesn't seem to get on the court as much in the deciding moments of road games...the Phoenix game is the major exception.

Isn't it kind of odd that Barry is considered a defensive liablitiy...but we made a huge comeback with Barry playing down the stretch...on the best offensive team in the NBA?

ducks
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Isn't it kind of odd that Barry is considered a defensive liablitiy...but we made a huge comeback with Barry playing down the stretch...on the best offensive team in the NBA?

wow against a team that plays worse d then dallas now

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm not saying he hasn't been clutch at times and hit timely shots -- quite simply he hasn't been the shooter even you expected.

A few weeks ago when Barry was shooting 340% I posted a stat that showed he was 13 3 pointers away from being a 40% shooter...13 3 pointers...over an @ 68 game period..

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:10 PM
wow against a team that plays worse d then dallas now

Yeah...but they are also a team you would think defense would be at a premium against...

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 05:14 PM
A few weeks ago when Barry was shooting 340% I posted a stat that showed he was 13 3 pointers away from being a 40% shooter...13 3 pointers...over an @ 68 game period..And I'll post a stat saying he's shot 20% from the floor on the road the past month playing over 25mpg.

I appreciate the other things he does, but this is impossible to spin.

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Did you not understand "poor shooter on the road overall this season" or what

And I'll post a stat saying he's shot 20% from the floor on the road the past month playing over 25mpg.

I appreciate the other things he does, but this is impossible to spin.

And I'll post that he had two scoreless games that are the majority of that poor shooting and that it was also on the road when he first started stepping up....

He's shot poorly at home and he's had big games on the road...it's that the heart of his slump came during a road trip.

As as we speak...If Barry had made an additional 10 3 pointers through the same number of attempts as he has right now...he'd be shooting 40%...

10 3 pointers, after 75 games played....

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
And I'll post that he had two scoreless games that are the majority of that poor shooting and that it was also on the road when he first started stepping up....
1-5
2-5
4-10
0-5
0-2
2-7

Which one is the majority?
10 3 pointers, after 75 games played.... I'd settle for over .18 on the road the past month.

cqsallie
04-10-2005, 05:31 PM
In that 2nd Phoenix game Barry was also 1-5 from the floor...until the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter... Lots of guys start off 1-5...I'd be willing to bet that Manu started off worse than that last night...if they don't get anymore PT then it's stupid to judge them as having a poor night... I've also noticed that when all he does is spot up and shoot threes he starts slumping...he seems to hit threes better when he is just out there playing basketball and not forcing it.
You're damned right, Whott! We Spurs fans just jump all over the insconsistencies, while at the same time rewarding them if they go in our favor.
Hey, you guys who are not out there on the floor going up against another team in the real, physical sense of the word: Step back and take a real hard look at yourselves. Ask yourselves if you could do whatever you're expecting of these players?
We are so good at calling the shots when we don't have to call the shots. Hell, I can sit back here in the comfort of my living room, beer in hand, and peel the skin off the players who disappoint me - but I'm not the one on the court.
It's not even a second-guess, or premonition when the game starts. In the immortal words of Popeye-the-Sailorman, applying his words globally - "We is what we is!"
As a player in the true sense - high school and college - I would sometimes wake up on a game morning with the belief that I would have a vertical leap that would defy the gods; I would run out on that court and swat down every single one of our opponents' attempts. Well, this was in my dreams and I can't say that I wasn't fired up and that it didn't work for awhile, but wishing and hoping and trying and dreaming may be the stuff of which dreams are made, but reality sucks sometimes.
I was a center - a position I didn't want to play. I considered myself a wily playmaker who shouldn't have been trapped in the center position. Maybe some of you have had the same thing happen to you. I was definitely a point guard, but I was the tallest member of the team and we were cursed with the worst coach on the face of the earth - aahh, you know what I'm talking about...
Well, anyway, I think that a whole lot of us just layer our own silly past references onto the Spurs. I watch the games, hoping that Rasho will be the center I wasn't. Why should he be what I wasn't? And if he fails to be what I envisioned I could be, why shouldn't I blame him in some way?
That's just totally nuts! What if the Spurs decided to field a team composed of these people on this site? Could we, honestly, take the Spurs to the NBA championship? Are we only whiners and complainers, after all?
Much love to you all,
Sallie :hat

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
vvvvvv

You consider that 4-10 to be bad don't you?

Take out the two scoreless games and he is probably shooting 35%...

If you look...he's only shot @20% or lower in 3 games...he's shot 40% in two games...so no he doesn't just shoot poorly on the road...

Notice that 4-10 he missed more shots than he did last night...so again I say...if he gets more shots in the clutch his PCT might end up being a lot better...the times he has been given that opportunity seem to back that thought up.

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:37 PM
what have you done for me lately

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Don't you have an injury to fake so you won't have to drop the title or something?

Oh and Benoit>Michaels

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Take out the two scoreless games and he is probably shooting 35%...Why would I take them out?

Charity?
If you look...he's only shot @20% or lower in 3 games.Setting the bar that low speaks for itself.
so no he doesn't just shoot poorly on the road...Overall this season, the difference between his shooting at home and on the road is astonishing.

Home FG%: .474 in 213 shots
Away FG%: .367 in 215 shots

Home 3PT%: .417 in 127 shots
Away 3PT%: .302 in 139 shots

Home shots/game: 5.46
Away shots/game: 5.81

Home 3PT shots/game: 3.26
Away 3PT shots/game: 3.76

Doesn't seem to be a matter of opportunity.

exstatic
04-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Put your money where your mouth is, whottty. I don't see your bet on vBookie for tonight yet.

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:54 PM
That's not entirely true Chump...Think about what's happened to our team over the past month...Duncan, Manu and Devin Brown have all been injured...and Barry is the guy that's been our bench as well as a replacement starter(witout Duncan) like he is today...

So yes I'll admit he's been getting more minutes on the road lately...but on the season as a whole he hasn't...it's just been recently due to all the injuries.

And I'll also point out that when he finally being given those opportunities it's by default and the team isn't exactly at maximum strength....and there haven't been many clutch opportunities in these blowouts.

whottt
04-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Put your money where your mouth is, whottty. I don't see your bet on vBookie for tonight yet.

I am a vbookie loser this season and I dont' want to jinx Barry...

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:00 PM
That's not entirely true Chump.Which part? The stats?
Think about what's happened to our team over the past month...Duncan, Manu and Devin Brown have all been injured...and Barry is the guy that's been our bench as well as a replacement starter(witout Duncan) like he is today...So yes I'll admit he's been getting more minutes on the road lately...but on the season as a whole he hasn't...it's just been recently due to all the injuries.I might go along with that if not for the fact he's taking fewer shots per game on the road while his minutes have increased due to the injuries. That's very odd.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Which part? The stats?

Yes, in this case the stats. I already told you that I'll let you know when the stats are relevant.

I might go along with that if not for the fact he's taking fewer shots per game on the road while his minutes have increased. That's very odd.

Link? I show him taking more shots on the road....

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I'll also point out that every player on our team shoot worse on the road except for Rasho....

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Yes, in this case the stats. I already told you that I'll let you know when the stats are relevant. Yes, 11 percentage points mean nothing, expecially when the sample sizes are nearly identical.
I show him taking more shots on the road....Add them up from the last month.

cqsallie
04-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Did you not understand "poor shooter on the road overall this season" or what? Just accept it. I have.

ChumpDumper - I just don't frankly, understand your post. It appears that you are attempting to pigeon-hole someone as a poor shooter on the road, but is (what, I don't know) at home.

I don't know whether or not you're a supporter of the Spurs, and quite frankly it doesn't matter. Whether or not you stand behind the Spurs 100%, or prefer to probe and prod their performances, this is not a terrible stance to take. I do this myself, but not so hatefully, blaming one player above another as the cause for a loss.
Get out there yourself and run the court. All of those things you envision as being possible may slap you in the face. All of us street players, high school/college players, expect so much of the guys who have made it and we're always right in there second-guessing them, aren't we?
Reality Check! You are not Brent Barry, nor are you Manu Ginobilli, nor are you Tony Parker - and I could name every other member of the Spurs team and you are not them, either. I'd love to think that I could just step into their uniforms and shoes and turn the world on its ear.
Ain't gonna happen, partner!
Complain, rant, rave! You can do that, but you can't put on a Spurs uniform, take the floor and totally dessimate the opposing team. I wish you could, but you can't...
I love you anyway... :elephant

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I just don't frankly, understand your post.Back atcha, slick.
It appears that you are attempting to pigeon-hole someone as a poor shooter on the road, but is (what, I don't know) at home.Barry pigeon-holed himself in this case. It's true for all the Spurs guards to an extent, just moreso with Barry.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes, 11 percentage points mean nothing, expecially when the sample sizes are nearly identical.

11PCT points really don't mean much....add it up and I bet the difference will be about 3 or 4 made shots.

Add them up from the last month.

How many road games in the past month has Barry lead the team in scoring? Off the bench no less?

I know he's done it at least twice...so if he's shooting less then what does that say about everyone else on the team?

Maybe we aren't getting as many posessions because the third best rebounder in the NBA is on the IR...

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:14 PM
11PCT points really don't mean much.So if Tim Duncan shot 38% on the road all season, you would think that insignificant. Understood.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Uh no...because Tim Duncan takes more shots than any other guy on the team...I would consider that signifigant.

Am I to understand that you want Barry to take as many shots per game as Duncan?

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
What's your threshold then?

How many shots?

Being 20-25% less likely to make a given shot makes no difference at all.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Also let me know when 2/3rds of the shots Duncan takes are 3 pointers....

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Also let me know when 2/3rds of the shots Duncan takes are 3 pointers.Let me know when that explains any difference between Barry's 3pt shooting at home and on the road.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Further flaws in your analysis...

Barry's FTA have been going through the roof lately...in fact he lead out team in scoring aganst Dallas(in a road game by the way) because of what he did at the line..

I don't know if you realize this or not but if a player is fouled on a shot attempt it doesn't count as a shot...so your point that Barry is actually shooting less on the road is bunk. It's something that is totally unprovable by casually looking at boxscores...

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Let me know when that explains any difference between Barry's 3pt shooting at home and on the road.

That's simple enough to explain...3 point shots being of greater distance makes them harder to hit...in general terms it is harder to shoot on the road than at home...so it's not hard to conclude that 3 pointers become even harder to hit...

But you are getting way of track here...

Barry was in the heart of his slump already when we started a 3 game road tripe...he bottomed out and overcame that slump after Duncan and Devin Brown went out with injury....so I think his 3 point differential on road VS home is because of that moreso than some kind of vast disparity in his home vs road performance because of it being a home or road game...

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:29 PM
If he's getting fouled in the act.

Something else that can't be proven.

The numbers for the shots he has taken that do count all season remain, and you've done nothing to disprove any of that.

I wholeheartedly acknowledge Barry's FT shooting. Bravo.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:34 PM
That's simple enough to explain...3 point shots being of greater distance makes them harder to hit...in general terms it is harder to shoot on the road than at home...so it's not hard to conclude that 3 pointers become even harder to hit...Harder for Barry than others on the team, relatively speaking -- I will add that Brown and Beno have similar problems from the arc. You can make the argument it's about minutes, but shouldn't Barry be doing better now with more minutes instead of much worse?
Barry was in the heart of his slump already when we started a 3 game road tripe...he bottomed out and overcame that slump after Duncan and Devin Brown went out with injury....so I think his 3 point differential on road VS home is because of that moreso than some kind of vast disparity in his home vs road performance because of it being a home or road game...7 shots? No, you can't chalk up all his road 3pt shooting problems over an entire season to one 2-7 stretch.

Spurminator
04-10-2005, 06:37 PM
11 pct points can mean millions of dollars' difference on a role player's contract. Would Fred Hoiberg have a job if he shot 29% from beyond the arc for his career?

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:43 PM
et tu Spurminator?

Spurminator
04-10-2005, 06:44 PM
?Que?

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Look, Barry isn't the only Spur guard with this problem -- I think it's one of the Spurs' biggest problems going into the playoffs behind health. We just happened to be talking about Barry.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
If he's getting fouled in the act.

Something else that can't be proven.

So tell me oh brilliant one...do you think a player is more likely to recive a beneficial foul call on a shot attempt at home or on the road?

The numbers for the shots he has taken that do count all season remain, and you've done nothing to disprove any of that.

I wholeheartedly acknowledge Barry's FT shooting. Bravo.

Why don't you just figure out if he's gotten more minutes on the road when the team was healthy or if it was injured...

I think that'll give you the most correct answer...and explanation for the disparity.

whottt
04-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Look, Barry isn't the only Spur guard with this problem -- I think it's one of the Spurs' biggest problems going into the playoffs behind health. We just happened to be talking about Barry.

And I contend that Barry has been very bit as clutch on the road as at home...if not moreso...that his opportunities in those situations have been fewer on the road...and that if he was given as much opportunity the disparity in his home road PCT's would not be as great...

IF you stop and look you will see the fewer shots on the road in the past month backs my point up and not yours...like I said at the beginning...he was 1-5 in that Phoenix game too...until the final 2 minutes.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
do you think a player is more likely to recive a beneficial foul call on a shot attempt at home or on the road?Does that have anything to do with the shots that do count?
Why don't you just figure out if he's gotten more minutes on the road when the team was healthy or if it was injured...Already did. And he's shooting worse for the shots that count while playing more.
IF you stop and look you will see the fewer shots on the road in the past month backs my point up and not yours.It doesn't hurt my argument at all.
like I said at the beginning...he was 1-5 in that Phoenix game too...until the final 2 minutes.Which does nothing to explain the other 20 minutes he's playing. if all you want to do is focus on that, be my guest, but don't try to act like that's the only thing that can ever count in the course of an entire season.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 06:59 PM
And I contend that Barry has been very bit as clutch on the road as at home...if not moreso...that his opportunities in those situations have been fewer on the road...and that if he was given as much opportunity the disparity in his home road PCT's would not be as great.He won't get that opportunity if they're far behind due to bad shooting during the rest of the game.

whottt
04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Well that's stupid...luckily for the Lakers Phil Jackson didn't have that same mindset or else Horry would have never been on the court to hit those shots...luckily Pop didn't have other options with Horry last night or we probably lose...just don't say Barry can't handle the pressure if he's not being given a chance when there actually is pressure.

Lots of players go 1-5 to open games....and some of them go on to score 40 points...

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Well that's stupid...luckily for the Lakers Phil Jackson didn't have that same mindset.His guards shot really well on the road.
just don't say Barry can't handle the pressure if he's not being given a chance when the pressure is on.Duh.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Lots of players go 1-5 to open games....and some of them go on to score 40 points...Since Barry never did, let's just agree that was a stupid thing to post.

whottt
04-10-2005, 07:08 PM
His guards shot really well on the road.

Link? And I wasn't talking about guards...I was talking Robert Horry...

And I could say the same thing about Rudy T...about 10 years ago we lost game 1 of the WCF...the guy who hit the game winning shot was named Robert Horry...and it was the only shot he made of the game.

but by all means...continue to lose stupidly instead of win smartly, label the guys who aren't even on the court as chokers, and blame them for the loss when they aren't even on the court...and hey......Let's get Parker to handle the ball and take that shot instead.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Regardless of the statistics, barry was playing very passively towards the end of the game(before OT)

he was doing touch passes over and over again for a while

then he drove once and turned it over

then he was out, and yeah that offensive rebound and assist was clutch

i'd just like to see him more aggressive during the earlier game time instead of just passing it to manu and hoping for the best

whottt
04-10-2005, 07:18 PM
The criticism that Barry can get too passive has merit...the criticism that he is heartless or chokes due to pressure does not...but he's never been a "scorer" in his career...he's a shooter/passer/playmaker type.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Link?Link to Kobe?
I was talking Robert Horry...Who is a guard?
but by all means...continue to lose stupidly instead of win smartly, label the guys who aren't even on the court as chokers, and blame them for the loss when they aren't even on the court...and hey......Let's get Parker to handle the ball and take that shot instead.Link to where I said any of this. You're losing it, hootie.
The criticism that Barry can get too passive has merit...the criticism that he is heartless or chokes due to pressure does not.Link to where I said the latter.
he's a shooter/passer/playmaker type.I'm glad you included "shooter."

whottt
04-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Link to Kobe?

Yes...a link to Kobe most definitely...and the other "guards" although it really isn't necessary since you named a guard who is known for excelling in the 4th quarter...I think you proved my point on why it's stupid to not play someone in the clutch based on what they did earlier in the game.

Who is a guard?

Who can often be found where guards usually are as he hits game winning 3 pointers after a largely mediocre game...

Link to where I said any of this.

I didn't say you said any of that but you certainly defended that mentality when you defended not playing a player in the crunch based on him shooting poorly in the early parts of game...no need for a link, it's just a couple of posts up.

You're losing it, hootie.Link to where I said the latter. I'm glad you included "shooter."

I am not losing it...the pressure is on and you are folding and taking a leap off the cliff of stupidity as you often do when you are losing an argument...

It shant be long now before the liar labeling and hair splitting starts...I know your bailout routine well. :fro

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I think you proved my point on why it's stupid to not play someone in the clutch based on what they did earlier in the game.If that was the argument, that would be great. It isn't.
I didn't say you said any of that but you certainly defended that mentality when you defended not playing a player in the crunch based on him shooting poorly in the early parts of game...no need for a link, it's just a couple of posts up.When did I say don't play him? See, this is where you continue to lose it -- you get off topic then you start making shit up.
I am not losing it.Then prove it -- show the quote where I said don't play him.

Maybe you're making shit up -- maybe you're confused. Just find the quote where i said don't play Barry in crunch time in this thread.

Then apologize when you can't.

whottt
04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah Chump...because you've never once defended Pop yanking Barry and not playing him after a poor shooting(or low shot attempt)first half...

Is that what you are trying to say...please tell me that it is because I most certainly will go and try and find that link(s), ... and we both you know you have defended it...all season long.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
no need for a link, it's just a couple of posts up.
Just find the quote where i said don't play Barry in crunch time in this thread.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
rofl

whottt
04-10-2005, 07:52 PM
If that was the argument, that would be great. It isn't.When did I say don't play him?

It's my argument...and you've said it all season long....remember our <10 mins bet?

The genesis of that best was you defending Pop not playing Barry in the second halves and crunchtimes of games.

See, this is where you continue to lose it -- you get off topic then you start making shit up.Then prove it -- show the quote where I said don't play him.

I didn't you said don't play him...but you certainly defended it...in this thread it was more of a justification...but we both know you have defended it.

Maybe you're making shit up -- maybe you're confused. Just find the quote where i said don't play Barry in crunch time in this thread.

I can probably find lots of quotes where you defended the decision not to play him in those moments...all season long.

Are you seriously trying to say you haven't?

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 07:53 PM
no need for a link, it's just a couple of posts up.
Just find the quote where i said don't play Barry in crunch time in this thread.

whottt
04-10-2005, 08:00 PM
First of all...

I didn't say you said any of that but you certainly defended that mentality when you defended not playing a player in the crunch based on him shooting poorly in the early parts of game...no need for a link, it's just a couple of posts up.

And the quote that spawned it:

He won't get that opportunity if they're far behind due to bad shooting during the rest of the game.

Let me guess...you are pulling out your now classic Alex Garcia(I was only intepreting what the Spurs do) excuse....

But we both know you've defended it all season...keep squirming...you act like this is the first time we have ever argued on this subject, and haven't been engaged in a death match over Barry's impact and deserved PT, and Pop's handling of him, for this entire season...dumbass.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 08:03 PM
He won't get that opportunity if they're far behind due to bad shooting during the rest of the game.That meant bad shooting all-around by all the guards on the road would cause the Spurs not to be close enough for crunch play even take place.

In no way does that = "I demand benching Barry when the game is close."

Nice try.

Dumbass.

whottt
04-10-2005, 08:07 PM
You defend the decision not to play him when the game is close if he has a bad first half...and you have all season long...who the fuck do you think you are talking too right now fucking ASS HAT...I am the one that made the fucking PT bet with you...do you think I forgot what started that argument...

Get fucked Chump...you lose....again.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Ah, in with the name calling.

Always follows the lying.

You took 10 whole minutes to try to twist my sentence in this thread and failed miserably.

But please, curse some more. Lose it more. Typical.
Get fucked Chump...you lose....again. Like I lost the mpg bet.

Do go on....

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 08:25 PM
You bet I was in favor of playing Devin instead of Barry earlier in the year when Barry sucked ass and was timid and Devin wasn't. We happen to be developing Devin and he has to be put in those situations. There is no better time to do that than the regular season.

Now Devin probably isn't going to be playing and Barry is playing better -- it's not like we even have much of a choice anymore.

So please, tell me where I said "bench Barry in crunch time" in this thread.

Or apologize.

Or be a lying, cursing, name-calling loser.

We know what to expect.

whottt
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Barry must be timid tonight too...he's the only guy on the team with one of those pussy assist thingies...

No wonder his career pussy assist high is 16.