PDA

View Full Version : NBA All-NFL Team

duncan228
08-20-2009, 12:55 AM
NBA All-NFL Team (http://clubseatsports.com/?p=4168)
by Luca Esposito

We always speculate what some players in the NBA could do if they were in the NFL. I’ve put together this thought out NFL lineup comprised of NBA players. Enjoy.

Offense

QB - Brandon Roy - 6-6, 211

Roy is a definite leader with great size and mobility for a QB. He’s a good passer and manages games well. These tools would transfer over well.

Backup: Jason Kidd - 6-4, 210

WR - LeBron James - 6-8, 250

A fist-team all-state high school receiver. Had offers from Ohio State and Notre Dame to name a couple. With his size and the athleticism that we have all witnessed, he would be downright scary. He would tower over DB’s and use his 44-inch as if he would need it. James probably runs a 4.4 as well. Think Randy Moss 2.0.

cdMPNIgeuoQ

WR - Kobe Bryant - 6-6, 220

With all the LeBron-Kobe talk, the two would make an amazing WR tandem. The finesse-type player Bryant is fits nicely as an NFL WR. We all know he has the intensity and work ethic to be one of the best in the game.

Backup: JR Smith - 6-6, 220

RB - Nate Robinson - 5-9, 180

Ran for over 1200 yards with 21 TD’s in high school. Also played football at the University of Washington. I chose to put him at RB instead of the DB spot he played in college simply because of his size (we are dealing with NBA players here and I don’t think a 6-6 running back is the way to go). He has the quickness and strength, although he may need to add a little weight.

Backup: Derrick Rose - 6-3, 190

FB - Jameer Nelson - 6-0, 190

Nelson has the broad shoulders and looks pretty jacked for a point guard. He too would have to at least get over that 200 pound mark.

Backup: Russell Westbrook - 6-3, 190

TE - Josh Smith - 6-9, 240

NFL teams could put 10 pounds the lengthy Smith no problem. He would be the most athletic TE in the game with the fire to bang with the defensive lineman when blocking as well.

Backup: Carmelo Anthony - 6-8, 230

LT - Shaquille O’Neal - 7-1, 325

Who better to protect your QB’s blindside than Shaq himself? You just need a QB tall enough to see over him. In his prime he would have been ideal on the D-Line, though.

LG - Eddy Curry - 6-11, 285

He’s, well, big.

C - Tim Duncan - 6-11, 255

Mr. Fundamental would have no problems mastering the playbook. He would be an ideal fit on an offensive line.

RG - Greg Oden - 7-0, 285

Oden makes the second 7-footer on the line. Hopefully the giant could stay healthy.

RT - Jason Maxiell - 6-7, 260

Maxiell is intense and has the size. His last name sounds like an O-Lineman’s too.

Backups: DeSagana Diop - 7-0, 280, Andrew Bynum - 7-0, 275, Kwame Brown - 6-11, 270

Defense (3/4)

DE - Dwight Howard - 6-11, 265

Who would be able to stop this man? Even if he didn’t get to the QB all he would have to do is put his arms up.

DE - Amare Stoudemire - 6-10, 249

Superman and Amare would be flying past OT’s all day long.

Backup: Emeka Okafor - 6-10, 255

NT - Glen Davis - 6-9, 289

It has been stated that Davis weighed as much as 343 in high school. Now we wouldn’t need him to get all the way back up there, but 330 sounds good. He’s also the most nimble “Big Baby” I’ve ever seen. Davis, along with the freaks that could be placed at LB are the main reasons for the 3-4 defense.

Backup: Kendrick Perkins - 6-10, 280

imeMK6TTZlk

MLB - DeJuan Blair - 6-7, 265

An absolute animal and that’s what you like from a MLB.

MLB - Joey Dorsey - 6-9, 265

A beast on the boards and a beast of a human. The Texans even came out to a Rockets practice to see Dorsey. “Football’s my passion - it’s my first love,” Dorsey told us. “They said I’ve got some of the fastest feet for a big man they’ve ever seen. I can see myself playing [defensive] end or tight end.” - Dime Magazine

Backup: Tyler Hansbrough - 6-9, 250

OLB - Ron Artest - 6-7, 246

We all knew this was coming. Ron will be all over the place and will act as the James Harrison/Ray Lewis of the defense.

OLB - Blake Griffin - 6-10, 251

Griffin also has the intensity you love from defenders. His strength, speed, and long wingspan make for a solid OLB. Good shot blockers obviously have good anticipation, which is another must from a defender.

Backup: Kevin Garnett - 6-11, 253

CB - Allen Iverson - 6-0, 165

Iverson played a Vick-like QB and DB while leading his high school to the state championship. We’ll put him at DB here since the average height on our O-Line is almost 7-feet.

hCAkVvNFk-0

CB - Rajon Rondo - 6-1, 171

I love Rondo’s wiry frame and large hands for the CB spot. Pass deflections galore.

Backup: Chris Paul - 6-0, 175

FS - Dwayne Wade - 6-4, 212

Wade is a perfect guy to overlook the entire field and anchor the defense. You just get that feeling that you know he’ll be wherever the ball is, much like you see from Ed Reed. Wade also played back in high school.

Backup: Chauncey Billups - 6-3, 202

SS - Dahntay Jones - 6-6, 210

Jones looks and plays more like a football player than he does a basketball player. His thunderous dunks and defensive mentality assure me that he’ll lay out more than a few people coming across the middle. Oh, and he has a 43-inch vertical. And if he has to, we know he doesn’t mind tripping his opponents.

Z6BWYMjTs3c

Backup: Shawn Marion - 6-7, 230

K - Steve Nash

The guy plays soccer. How can he not kick?

dv9CBaeTXYo

KR/PR - Allen Iverson

spursfan1000
08-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Tyson Chandler could be a good WR caz he good at catching balls from CP3 and he tall.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Pretty cool article. I think that'd be a damn fine team. If they were allowed to cheat like the Patriots I think they could actually win a super bowl.

redzero
08-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Pretty cool article. I think that'd be a damn fine team. If they were allowed to cheat like the Patriots I think they could actually win a super bowl.

It's only cheating if you get caught...

lefty
08-20-2009, 08:48 AM
This just in from ESPN:

Brett Favre wants to join the NBA all-NFL team

Goran Dragic
08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Why is Jameer Nelson a full back?

lefty
08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Why is Jameer Nelson a full back?
Sitting on the bench

BUMP
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I would put Mark "Maddog" Madsen at fullback

dirk4mvp
08-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Brandon Roy at QB?

lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-20-2009, 09:14 AM
If Allen Iverson was really a corner, he'd try to jump the receiver's route every single time and would give up a ton of huge plays :lol

LnGrrrR
08-20-2009, 11:12 AM

What will be your excuse if they win it this year?

Glad to see that you think no team bends the rules. :lol

tlongII
08-20-2009, 11:54 AM
B-Roy would be an absolute stud on that team.

IronMexican
08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
AI Kr/PR? Lol. None of those players are the caliber of a Greg Ellis or Heyward-Bey.

BUMP
08-20-2009, 12:08 PM
And Bowen needs to find a place on that team.

He needs to put all those dirty tactics he used over the years to use on the football field

mabrignani
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
tony parker could play wr, he may not have the size that lebron has but he could be a quick ocho cinco type of player

TFloss32
08-20-2009, 01:22 PM
LOL at Kevin Garnett the LB.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
tony parker could play wr, he may not have the size that lebron has but he could be a quick ocho cinco type of player

Would Andrea Bargnani be a punter?

SonOfAGun
08-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I heard Ray Lewis wants to be the next Dejuan Blair.

Spursfan092120
08-20-2009, 02:16 PM
If Allen Iverson was really a corner, he'd try to jump the receiver's route every single time and would give up a ton of huge plays :lol
Iverson should actually be the QB on this team. Dude was a sick QB..there was even talk about trying to get him to try out for QB for the Lions back in the day.

bugoy
08-20-2009, 02:21 PM
id rather devin harris be RB

LordXRevan
08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
how about let AI stay at the KR/PR spot and put Shane Battier at CB?

ShoogarBear
08-20-2009, 05:24 PM
How many times does Tim have to say he hates being called a center?

pawe
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Put Nate Robinson as the Kr/Pr, dude's got the speed and strength and is kinda small enough to squeeze thru defenders.
Cp3 is a safety, he's good at swiping the ball.

KSeal
08-20-2009, 10:57 PM
What will be your excuse if they win it this year?

Glad to see that you think no team bends the rules. :lol

No excuse if they win it fairly, I'll give them their props just like I give the 08 Celtics their props. But the Red Sox titles and the Patriot titles don't mean a damn thing, both teams were dirty cheaters.

Dr Cox
08-21-2009, 10:52 AM
that is pretty cool

i would find a way to put parker or harris or nate on kick return as well as derrick rose

wheres dirk at?:lmao

jk jk

would be a sick team to watch, roy to lebron all day!!!!

would be the best O and D line ever....hopefully we could find somone other than big baby(just cuz i dont like the guy)...YAO!!!! haha

shane needs to be a back up cb

LnGrrrR
08-21-2009, 11:05 AM
No excuse if they win it fairly, I'll give them their props just like I give the 08 Celtics their props. But the Red Sox titles and the Patriot titles don't mean a damn thing, both teams were dirty cheaters.

What if the Cardinals turn out to have players on the roids list too? Does that mean the Sox win in 04 was valid? Or does every team with a roider get invalidated, even if every other team they faced had one? Just curious.