PDA

View Full Version : Burress agrees to plead guilty 2 years

Taco
08-20-2009, 09:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4411373

NEW YORK -- Former New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty to a weapons charge and agrees to a two-year prison term.
The deal also calls for two years of post-release supervision.
Sentencing is scheduled for Sept. 22.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-20-2009, 09:54 AM
This is so bullshit.

J.T.
08-20-2009, 10:40 AM
This is so bullshit.

Yeah I was kind of holding out for the Madden update for whatever team Burress goes to. Fuck it all now.

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
LMAO he got the same sentence as Vick

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2009, 10:42 AM
and he shot HIMSELF

manufan10
08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
LMAO he got the same sentence as Vick

and he shot HIMSELF

:depressed That's sad. A guy shoots himself and now has to go to jail. I think the embarrassment is enough of a punishment.

Burress' new nickname should be "Cheddar Bob" from the movie 8 Mile. :toast

jack sommerset
08-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Our countries justice system should be ashamed. He paid for this dumbass mistake. He lost his job,lost millions,public humilation and he SHOT HIMSELF.Plus the guy is a millionaire and we have to pay for his dumbass with tax payer cash because he SHOT HIMSELF on accident.

BUMP
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
You guys are now starting to realize that the justice system is bullshit?

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
You guys are now starting to realize that the justice system is bullshit?

Hey if he was white there wouldn't be a problem he would have gotten community service. As a light skinned person myself i support our justice system

Dr. Gonzo
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey if he was white there wouldn't be a problem he would have gotten community service. As a light skinned person myself i support our justice system

You are mexican and look like an arab. You will get screwed more than any black person.

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
You are mexican and look like an arab. You will get screwed more than any black person.

i don't look arab

Dr. Gonzo
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
i don't look arab

I think you do. It's the beard.

Trainwreck2100
08-20-2009, 11:52 AM
i haven't had a beard in 3 months

J.T.
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Trainwreck looked pretty whitebread the one time I met him. Holds his alcohol like a frat boy who only got initiated cuz his dad used to be the president though.

LOL texans
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Our countries justice system should be ashamed. He paid for this dumbass mistake. He lost his job,lost millions,public humilation and he SHOT HIMSELF.Plus the guy is a millionaire and we have to pay for his dumbass with tax payer cash because he SHOT HIMSELF on accident.

New York has harsher punishment for carrying and discharging a weapon than other places in the country.
But it does help if you are white. You'd figure New York would of gone lighter on him since he caught the game winning TD to win the Super Bowl. Oh well.

J.T.
08-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Trainwreck looked pretty whitebread the one time I met him. Holds his alcohol like a frat boy who only got initiated cuz his dad used to be the president though.

I guess I shouldn't say anything because that same night I screamed from Kori's porch "SHUT THE FUCK UP WE'RE TRYING TO SMOKE WEED OVER HERE!" at the top of my lungs definitely some time after midnight. Don't remember a got damn thing after that.

samikeyp
08-20-2009, 11:58 AM
lol at people thinking he is getting punished for shooting himself.

I have no problem with him being punished because, as most people want to ignore, he broke the law. You may not agree with the law or think its unfair but it is a law and until its changed has to be obeyed. That being said, I think two years is excessive but it could have been more according to the article.

Spursfan092120
08-20-2009, 02:03 PM
:depressed That's sad. A guy shoots himself and now has to go to jail. I think the embarrassment is enough of a punishment.

Burress' new nickname should be "Cheddar Bob" from the movie 8 Mile. :toast
lmao..I started calling him Cheddar Plax right after it happened.

mFFL03
08-21-2009, 01:15 AM
NY set up these new laws to combat guns....and he went into a night club with a loaded gun? sorry everyone, the law is the law.

Roger cosack (?) legal analyst for ESPN said jail is for dangerous people not stupid people like plaxico. That's the worst legal argument i've ever heard. you break the law, you break the law.

Besides jail is filled with stupid people anyway JUST breaking drug laws. What about them Roger?

angrydude
08-21-2009, 01:59 AM
I think a large fine is more appropriate than jail time. I mean 2 years? When is he eligible for parole?

KSeal
08-21-2009, 02:10 AM
So this guy shots himself in the leg and gets two years meanwhile that other dude kills a guy cause he's driving drunk and he gets two weeks. Weak.

Heath Ledger
08-21-2009, 02:15 AM
What kind of gun did he shoot hiimself? WTF if it was an automatic/double action pistol its next to impossible for it to go off, if he had a revolver, wtf did heave the hammer cocked and no safety?