PDA

View Full Version : Who's the leader of the Cowboys

PaulGreco
08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I pose this question to Cowboy fan, because I don't see a leader for this team, who is going to be the voice of the Cowboys?

Who's going to be the person who leads them into battle?

Is it Romo? Is it Ware?

What do you think?

--PG

manufan10
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
An interview I saw with, I think it was Marcus Spears, and he said that at different times the main guys have been a leader. Guys like Romo, Witten, Ware, Bradie James, and Marcus Spears have all been vocal leaders.

I think guys like Ware and Romo need to step up more and take on more of a leadership role. Supposedly, with T.O. out of the way Romo can do that now. I'm not too sure, but I guess we'll see how it plays out during the season.

samikeyp
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
It needs to be both for their respective sides of the ball. If you have to choose one, it needs to be Romo....he is the most visible player on the team. I don't mind the laid back attitude to a point....there are going to be times when you get into other players faces and tell them to straighten up.

IronMexican
08-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Ware

PaulGreco
08-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Ahhh a classic line from IronMexico...You know, and answer with no explanation...LOL

IronMexican
08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Ahhh a classic line from IronMexico...You know, and answer with no explanation...LOL

Just trying to piss off the Romo fans.

dirk4mvp
08-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Anyone but Romo. He's proven time and time again he just doesn't have it to be a leader.

samikeyp
08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Anyone but Romo. He's proven time and time again he just doesn't have it to be a leader.

I think to this point, he has deferred to veterans who had more games under their belts,which he shouldn't have. Now though that time is over, he needs to step up and stop being the "aw shucks i'm just havin' fun" kid.

to21
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Bradie James is the def leader at least.

Dr. Gonzo
08-20-2009, 03:42 PM
There is no clear leader. I think that's the problem. From day 1 Romo should have owned that huddle and the offense. I think a real leader would do that and T.O. wouldn't have been able to do shit about that. He would've probably respected Romo more if he did that instead of allowing him to walk all over him.

manufan10
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
there is no clear leader. I think that's the problem. From day 1 romo should have owned that huddle and the offense. I think a real leader would do that and t.o. Wouldn't have been able to do shit about that. He would've probably respected romo more if he did that instead of allowing him to walk all over him.

+1

manufan10
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Just trying to piss off the Romo fans.

I'm a Romo fan, but that doesn't piss me off. :lol

jack sommerset
08-20-2009, 04:09 PM
It's clearly Wade Phillips.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Jerry Jones

Spursfan092120
08-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm a Romo fan, but that doesn't piss me off. :lol
Yeah..I agree..I kinda think it should be both Ware and Romo...

PaulGreco
08-20-2009, 06:26 PM
There is no clear leader. I think that's the problem. From day 1 Romo should have owned that huddle and the offense. I think a real leader would do that and T.O. wouldn't have been able to do shit about that. He would've probably respected Romo more if he did that instead of allowing him to walk all over him.

Hey Steven, I guess it's a first time for everything but I totally agree with you pal.

--PG

Spursfan092120
08-20-2009, 06:30 PM
You're exactly right, Steven.

Obstructed_View
08-20-2009, 08:35 PM

And the Cowboys will always fade at the end of the season and fail in the playoffs if that continues.

Spursfan092120
08-20-2009, 08:39 PM
And the Cowboys will always fade at the end of the season and fail in the playoffs if that continues.
Romo's problem is he doesn't stay in shape. Come December, he's always exhausted. If he can just, for one season, keep his head out of his ass and work, he'll be fine. That's why everyone was so glad he and Jessica were done.

Obstructed_View
08-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Romo's problem is he doesn't stay in shape. Come December, he's always exhausted. If he can just, for one season, keep his head out of his ass and work, he'll be fine. That's why everyone was so glad he and Jessica were done.

Wow, that's a new one. So it was his conditioning that made him bobble that snap?

PM5K
08-21-2009, 05:59 AM
Marcus Spears, and he said that at different times the main guys have been a leader. Guys like Romo, Witten, Ware, Bradie James, and Marcus Spears have all been vocal leaders.

Yeah someone needs to tell that retard to look up what the definition of "leader" is because you can't have more than one (Well maybe one for offense and one for defense but they lead different parts of the team).

manufan10
08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah someone needs to tell that retard to look up what the definition of "leader" is because you can't have more than one (Well maybe one for offense and one for defense but they lead different parts of the team).

They're taking a leader by committee approach.

Dr. Gonzo
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
leader by committee :lmao

funny guy

Dr. Gonzo
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
leader by committee :lmao

funny guy

Ok it wasn't that funny.

manufan10
08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
:lol

Marcus Spears' said that.

O-Factor
08-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Its a simple answer.

No one is right now. But that better change if they want to go places.