PDA

View Full Version : Do you play Manu tonight?

RobinsontoDuncan
04-10-2005, 07:36 AM
He saved us yesterday down the stretch, but with the gorin injury and how exsauted he looks sometimes, do you play him today and risk losing him for the playoffs? Without Rasho it looks like we are running out of warm bodies to put on the floor, but then again, we have seen Ginobili when he is exuasted and he is more of a hinderence then a help anyway, tough question.

Streakyshooter08
04-10-2005, 07:48 AM
I would rest him and give some other guys some playing time. Especially Glenn should get his chance to get back to his game (and shape of course). Let him show what he can do.

Rick Von Braun
04-10-2005, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't play Manu tonight. I would play Tony 15-20 minutes max as well and play Beno and Wilks the rest of the time.

Without Manu and limited minutes from Tony the Spurs would probably lose tonight. Nevertheless, after a double OT effort on the first game of the back-to-back, I would bite the bullet and accept the loss if we play badly w/o them.

Gummi
04-10-2005, 08:17 AM
If I were Pop, I would start Manu but play him very limited minutes. Around 20 or less, not more. He played 53 minutes last night and he's probably pretty tired. I think it's OK to play him but very limited. Give Glenn Robinson and Barry extended minutes and see how they react to big minutes.

Also give Tony some rest. Play him limited minutes as well. Give both Beno and Wilks some minutes.

It's going to be a very tough game. The Warriors have been on a roll and it's at their place. And back to back game for us after a double OT game last night. Very tough. Hopefully they think it's going to be a easy game for them.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-10-2005, 08:56 AM
What would be our rotation at the 2 spot without Manu?

Big Shot Bob
04-10-2005, 09:11 AM
PG Tony Parker SG Manu Ginobili SF Bruce Bowen PF Robert Horry C Sean Marks

BPG Beno Udrith BSG Brent Barry BSF Glen Robinson BPF Tony Massenburg BSC Free agent 10day contract center
Thats what I think.

boutons
04-10-2005, 09:28 AM
"he's probably pretty tired"

"probably"?

Manu is ALWAYS tired and beat up. He was very rested, 100%, for the, hmm, the first two weeks of November. :) Remember how he played then? Something like 15 points/shot! :lol Since then, he's been "tired".

I hate losing, even under tonigh's special circumstances. And the Warriors are on a warpath, will make Avery's running up the score on the Spurs look like Mother Teresa assisting the sick and poor.

I'd like to see some Spur come out of the woodwork tonight, like Brent, and hit 8 of 11 3's, 38 pts, aided by Glenn finding his range for 20 - 25. Brent to do to the Warrriors what Bruce did to the Lakers in the 03 playoffs.

Come on, Pop, if the Warriors don't have a cold night (like Suns had Sat night), the Spurs' interior defense doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, which means the perimeter defense will worthless, too. So Let the scrubs "grind it out", "free lance" it on offense. Run and gun till their legs fall off.

Jimcs50
04-10-2005, 09:54 AM
noway, Jose

This game is a loss.

play all scrubs

rest all others

get back home

Have TD start against Blazers onTuesday

Get 2nd seed

play Sacto in rd 1

play Seattle or Denver in rd 2

play Dallas in rd 3

that is the way it is going down

picnroll
04-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I'd give him one minute. Pull him the first time out of each half. Start him just to piss TimVP off.

sa_butta
04-10-2005, 10:08 AM
give him like 10 min. each half
unless we are in control by the second
half then let him sit.

SequSpur
04-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't because his 5 pts, 7 turnovers on back to backs ruin his allstar status.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 10:12 AM
All scrubs, all the time.

Bowen and Massenburg are the only guys who could put in any real minutes after last night.

Rest the rest.

team-work
04-10-2005, 10:33 AM
I think Manu should start in as he must have wanted. But Brent Barry needs to play a lot of minutes coming off the bench. They have the task of counteracting J-Rich. Bowen will guard against Mike Dunleavy. Now that Rasho is hurt, let's hope the other big men, ie. Horry, T-Mass, Marks, and Narz must step up. There's a chance Duncan be activated, but I guess Pop won't hurry.

pjjrfan
04-10-2005, 10:42 AM
If he can walk, he should start, maybe limit his mins. but people don't sit out cause their tired, this is their profession, unless he is injured, but Manu is not injured, play him and see how he responds if he plays erratic sit him down. And I agree let the big dog log some heavy mins.

timvp
04-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd give him one minute. Pull him the first time out of each half. Start him just to piss TimVP off.

:rollin

If Manu wants to play, let him play. Maybe the Spurs should fight fire with fire. Make him worth through his fatigue and maybe they can build his stamina. If you play him 40 minutes again tonight, 35 minutes in the playoffs will feel like a walk in the park.

:smokin

ChumpDumper
04-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Start Manu so we don't clog the server with bitch posts from every Argentinian forum member.

Then sit him at the 8min mark in the first for the rest of the game.

team-work
04-10-2005, 11:07 AM
That's right. Manu's the starter. He should start unless he's badly injured. But big minutes to Barry, Beno, G Robinson to test their abilities against a 'good' team (if they all together at the start of the season, they'll probably not be lottery-bound).

Sidetrack : Phoenix's lost 2 in a row, and gives the Spurs a chance to catch up. Was it sign that they're tired after a season of run-and-gun? (probably too early to tell, and they're a fairly young team.)

CosmicCowboy
04-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Manu needs to play 53 minutes again tonight.

I am in a close playoff series in fantasy basketball and I need his points/steals...:lol

Seriously...Pop should start Manu and see how he does...they will know 5 minutes into the game if he has lift in his shot and enough gas to contribute...

Unfortunately I think that Golden State is gonna blow out this tired, injury decimated Spurs squad...Baron Davis is a huge handful for Parker when he is healthy...If that turns out to be the case then Pop needs to bench most of the starters and give Nazr, Beno, Wilks, BigDog, etc. some floor time...

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 11:36 AM
:lmao

Honestly, I don't think Manu can make it tonight. I don't think Pop plays him, but who knows.

Experiment2100
04-10-2005, 12:11 PM
After the performance against Dallas, they will prob sit him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2005, 01:04 PM
I'd say sit him. Then if it's close and you can steal a win at the end, put him in during crunch time and let him win the damn game.

Ginofan
04-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Do you play Manu tonight?
Hell no.

He's probably gonna taken to the court in a wheelchair with IV fluids hooked up to him. :lol

IX_Equilibrium
04-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Let him rest

Mugshot
04-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Rest him.

angel_luv
04-10-2005, 01:45 PM
And the rest have it!

Cherry
04-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Start Manu so we don't clog the server with bitch posts from every Argentinian forum member.

Ok, if you want... :lol

http://www.supergino.com/images/Spurs/spurs29.jpg

Go Spurs!

Dre_7
04-10-2005, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't because his 5 pts, 7 turnovers on back to backs ruin his allstar status.

Even after Manu dropped 40, 6, and 9, Sequ's hate is strong as ever. :lol

Ginofan
04-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Even after Manu dropped 40, 6, and 9, Sequ's hate is strong as ever. :lol

Sequ's got a serious case of http://img158.echo.cx/img158/1372/haterade0fy.gif

Cherry
04-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Sequ...poor guy

UnknownPlayer
04-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Apparently Manu didn't donate money for Sequ's sex re-assignment surgery.
But Vince is taking care of everything :lol

RobinsontoDuncan
04-10-2005, 05:02 PM
I have a feeling the last poster was Mouse, but that was a pretty good joke :)

I think Goinofan's prediction is probably gonna come ture, god knows he probably needs fluids.

mookie2001
04-10-2005, 05:08 PM
i'd say yes

HB22inSA
04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Since the Spurs are only one game back, play him tonight, see if you can steal a win in Oakland (sounds funny), then rest him back home on Tuesday.

Hopefully Duncan will be back on Tuesday.

Ginobili will get plenty of rest, especially in the playoffs, where there are no back-to-backs.

And if they take care of business, they could be off anywhere from 4-7 days in between playoff series.

I say play him.

slayermin
04-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Let Manu take a nap up until halftime. If we are in striking distance, wake his azz up. Getting him warmed up and stretched out.

Play him the last 8 minutes of the 4th Qtr.

As for Parker, homeboy is only 22. He should still play 30 minutes tonight.