PDA

View Full Version : Karma II the other way, Not giving up anything post IV on that topic

Rummpd
04-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Other day talked about bad karma and bad Spurs loss. Last night did all the right things, shopped for wife, did the dishes, mowed the lawn etc and enjoyed the sunny day. Sorry about the writing, again I am just burned out today but in a "good way"

Then broke down and bought NBA pass rest of season just to watch Clips game, felt the Spurs needed all their fans on this one and was not up to the local sports bar. So I bonded with my young son last night - who at age 7 stayed up the whole way to root constantly his Tony P and crew to victory. It got damm late, game started at 1030 on East and I was post call again but we like the Spurs endurred and will now always talk about this game! Evening was set up even better by all the other great games around the league (and by the way, Sixers have another AI playing at a high level and Dalmbert rising again - don't count them out as a surprise in East playoffs).

Fatigue driven thoughts:

1) Spurs over-came horrible calls (has Marks recovered from the near broken arm last night end of 3rd?) or Parker from getting tossed into the photographers? and recent road demons. Needed win, a line in the sand win, showed grit while around the league KG and crew officially dropped the fishin line in a stinker, Suns got a bad bounce on a late tip (aw thats a shame), and the Sonics looked totally in disarray. Mavs almost gave one away in the only downside of the night.

2) These particular Clippers announcers simply worst ever, hands down. In LA these guys must have been pulled off the rack from whatever talent agency lives on the wrong side of the tracks and fame. Almost intolerable how bad these two were that supposedly were a combination of the Clip radio and TV crew. If my wife not hoggin the lap top last night would have shifted NBA audio pass on right away to WAOI. It was that bad. One is a relatively young homer who is an inane as Brent Munsberger, the other is about a hundred years old and looks and talks as if he just walked off an anatomy table. Even so he has a few more working synapses than the young gun over there. Only cognizant statement all night, "this Livingston kid is going to be pretty good" bounced back and forth by these two about a thousand times.

3) Manu has "medicus grandis cojanes" period. He has that special something that Wade, Gordan, and Kobe also have plus he wants the ball in the 4th period. This guy will be the difference maker is a couple of key playoff games this year hands down.

4) Rasho will be ok, did not look like that was going to be that bad of a sprain. Fortunetely after the announcers saying he would not put weight on it, they showed a picture of him doing so 20 seconds later in the tunnel. Re Rasho he seems to be a fast healer and getting him some rest as Tim returns few games will be ok.

5) The bigs. A ghost came back albeit very briefly. An inspired NM. Nazr in limited minutes played hard, played better, got some boards, hit a tough shot and just missed unfortunetely a huge throw it down dunk. Notice that when he was in there = was the crucial late 2nd cutting of the lead to a reasonable number for all you haters.

However, the story was the other three who got the time last night: Massenburg was a friggin beast, Horry was incredible on both sides and also got some key rebounds and that awesome block, and Marks gave a very good effort but I wish he would stop pitching shots from down town and whenever. If Rose had done that it would have been senora for a month of Siberia. Marks must: 1) hit a heck a lot of these in practice or something over the years; 2) or have something major hidden away on Pop. However, he also played very hard = a tough roster decision may be coming if Brown is coming back.

6) Beno is in Pop's dog house right now or physically drained and/or injured. He is not moving as well as before. Is Pop going to make a surprise move and go for Wilks (I am not in favor of this)? Perhaps, we will see who Pop plays tonight for an indication behind Parker, who Pop says is going to get more minutes himself either way. Can Parker stand up to that? We will see, I would get Beno going again if possibe for insurance.

7) Got the feeling tonight will be another intense one, glad some Spurs got some rest last night. Spurs win s/p Double overtime at GS true props off and I think they will give a great effort.

Remember, as stated before, just believe. We should not be giving up anything, not number one seed, nothing. Heat will probably fall to Pistons today. Suns play worse at home for some stupid reason - maybe its that dumb gorilla on a motorcycle? Anything can happen in this years NBA. KEEP THE FAITH.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-10-2005, 08:27 AM
i agree with just about everything you wrote, good post.

Kori Ellis
04-10-2005, 10:42 AM
6) Beno is in Pop's dog house right now or physically drained and/or injured. He is not moving as well as before. Is Pop going to make a surprise move and go for Wilks (I am not in favor of this)? Perhaps, we will see who Pop plays tonight for an indication behind Parker, who Pop says is going to get more minutes himself either way. Can Parker stand up to that? We will see, I would get Beno going again if possibe for insurance.

He isn't really in the doghouse, but he's been playing crappy defense for a few weeks. Wilks has played solid d in his limited minutes. I assume that's why we've seen less and less of Beno lately.

timvp
04-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Beno has forgotten how to play defense. He doesn't rotate anymore and gets crossed over like John Kruk would if he joined the And 1 Mix Tape tour.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Before last night I would have thought Beno had no chance of sitting out the post season. Now I'm not so sure. Wilks hasn't played any worse than Beno in a long time.

Rummpd
04-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Believe.

boutons
04-17-2005, 07:54 AM
"NBA pass rest of season"

I've seen NBA LP offered only for full- and half-season prices. What does "last 2 weeks" cost?

mouse
04-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Believe.

I believe after the Mighty Mighty mavericks win the 2005 NBA Championship ring you wil have to...

:lmao

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Spurs-suck-1.jpg

MadDog73
04-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Mouse, hope that crow is tasty for you.

Right now, Mavs would play Rockets. Still feeling confident?

mouse
04-17-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't care if we have to play the 1989 Chicago bulls, A true champion does not hide from teams. unlike your cheesy Spurs and there fans worried about whom they play all the time.

What kind of NBA team is worried about whom you play and when? Sounds like you guys just can't win without having to play easy teams, Not me. Do you see me make any I hope we play so and so topics?

bring it on, anyone at any time. If we can't beat the rockets we have no business winning the 2005 NBA Championship.

you folks are some very shallow fans my friend.

GoSpurs21
04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I looked up the definition of shallow and low and behold mouse's IQ and personality were listed as the very definition. After all mouse is the only former "so called" Spurs fan that jumped ship. The mavs will be lucky to win against the Rockets and unlike some Spurs fans the players and coaches dont give a rats ass who they face in the playoffs, they will be ready.

Rummpd
04-18-2005, 12:03 AM
It cost $49 and I would have spent earlier but traveling all over last few months. Worth it first two games = double overtimes x 2! Worth every penny.

By the way, you guys are lucky in SA to get so many games for free on local TV.