PDA

View Full Version : Worst Playcall in the History of College Football

utsagolfpb
09-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Props to UT for finding a way to win.
If they get a pass rush, they will be dangerous.

The play call to pass the ball with 2:00 min left in field goal position on third down was the worst call I may have ever seen in college football.

If Houston Nutt and staff just run it, they milk the clock to 1:15, kick the go-ahead field goal and make UT drive the length of the field.

No excuse. Someone's ass should be let go for that.
Although, no excuse for Vincent Young running out of bounds either.

Almost every year, a team wins a game it shouldn't and goes on to win the National Championship.....I think it may be UT's year.

KoriEllis
09-12-2004, 01:36 AM
I think UT play a pretty poor game outside the rushing of Benson and they were lucky to win.

I don't think they are anywhere close to being a championship contender.

IcemanCometh
09-12-2004, 02:43 AM
Kori should stick to basketball

timvp
09-12-2004, 02:47 AM
If the backstreet boy hadn't fumbled (even after that stupid call), UT's season would be over.

When do you play OU, Ice?

Tony Le Parker
09-12-2004, 02:50 AM
OU will destroy them once again and Mack will give overwhleming credit to OU and not question Greg Davis. Longhorn fans can only hope for another UCLA 66-3 debacle so Dodds will be forced to clean house. I will give some credit to UT, their defense is much improved and they can run the ball against Arkansas. UT could have avoided all this by talking to a few OSU fans, who will immediately see the likeness of Cooper at UT.

IcemanCometh
09-12-2004, 02:50 AM
same time as always 2nd weekend in oct (9th).

btw thats called a forced fumble round these parts.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040912/capt.ardj10709120443.texas_arkansas_ardj107.jpg

MannyIsGod
09-12-2004, 05:11 AM
I agree, WORST fucking play call EVER.

btw, i'm in austin and I almost got killed for calling it what it was. THE WORST PLAY CALL EVER.

iminlakerland
09-12-2004, 05:14 AM
Hey atleast UCLA won today :) too bad i missed it cuz of work.

King Latifah
09-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Vince Young is an extraordinary athlete, but he's not a quarterback yet.

xrayzebra
09-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Kori, have to agree with you UT was lucky to have
pulled the game out of the fire. I had already written
them off, when Ark turned over the ball. I just don't
see them keeping their top 10 rating if they don't improve.

IcemanCometh
09-12-2004, 01:56 PM
by heres the worst playcall in the history of college football

fucking sister fuckers, the ref was looking right at him! (http://www.jcdenton40.com/ArrionDixonCheapshot.avi)

SAmikeyp
09-12-2004, 02:48 PM
It was a horrible call....it was Mack Brown-esque. I was glad though that UT nutted up when they had to. Still....no confidence for me going into the OU game.

jalbre6
09-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Almost every year, a team wins a game it shouldn't and goes on to win the National Championship.....I think it may be UT's year

I like the idea, but a bunch of "contending" teams have gotten away with lucky W's already this year...LSU, the Horns, UGA, Miami, Ohio State, even USC didn't look too great against Va Tech.

Beating a young Arkansas team by two (granted, on the road) isn't exactly knocking off OU, unfortunately.

mrdio
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey ICE, you wouldn't happen to have a clip of Mack's reaction when Vince ran out of bounds would ya? I'm pretty sure Mack wanted Vince to run to the outside & fall down inbounds. I believe Mack & Vince both knew it was something Vince shouldn't have done, go out of bounds that is, not run.