PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 shooting guards (Hoopsworld)

lefty
08-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Top 5 Shooting Guards
http://www.hoopsworld.com/images/spacer.gif

By: Joel Brigham ([email protected]) Last Updated: 8/20/09 8:40 AM ET | 10436 times read

http://www.hoopsworld.com/images/inc_font.gif
(http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13622#)
http://www.hoopsworld.com/images/dec_font.gif
(http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13622#)
Adjust font size:

<DIV class=font-sizer4 id=story_font style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Ranking the top five shooting guards for this upcoming season is an extremely difficult task, especially after you get outside the big three of Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, and Joe Johnson. There are so many gifted shooters in this league that it's hard to quantify who outranks whom; even harder is predicting who will have the best season in 2009-10.

Despite that, we're giving it a shot (so to speak), so here are your top five shooting guards for the upcoming NBA season:
(Author's Note: Brandon Roy was originally left off this list because I was, for some reason, viewing him as a point guard. Were I doing this over, he'd absolutely be ranked #3, followed by Johnson and Ginobili, which would push Ray Allen to the top of the Honorable Mention category).
#1 – Kobe Bryant – Not only is the 2008 league MVP and coming off a championship ring, but he's also the most dominant player in the game. Say whatever you want about LeBron James (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13622#), but Kobe's got the rings, the experience, and the 81-point game under his belt. He may not have outscored Wade last year, but that doesn't mean he isn't the superior player. Not far superior by any means, but how is any argument plausible that puts Wade atop this list when Kobe's the guy he has to leapfrog?

#2 – Dwyane Wade – Arguably the best clutch shooter in the modern NBA (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13622#), Wade is here not only because he led the league in scoring last season with 30.2 ppg, but also because his long list of difficult and amazing game-winners. By adding 5 points and 7.5 boards a game to his totals last year Wade made a strong case for best all-around player in the league, and even pulled some late MVP votes despite not really being in the conversation earlier on in the season. The man's a star, just like Kobe, which is why these guys are the top two off-guards in the league.

#3 – Joe Johnson – After Johnson the field drops off a little bit, but at the same time he's not quite in the same class as the first two guys on this list. Clearly the third-best shooting guard in the league, Johnson has done a lot for bringing the Atlanta Hawks back to credibility—an effort that's likely to be awarded heftily next summer when he very well could become the highest-profile free agent on the market to actually consider leaving his current team. At 21.4 points, 5.8 assists, and 4.4 rebounds a game (2008-09's statistics), he's certainly a game-changer and a team leader.

#4 – Manu Ginobili – Statistically, maybe Vince Carter should've been the fourth-best two-guard in the league, and considering Ginobili missed half the season last year due to injury, his place at fourth on this list could certainly be considered a gamble. But if he comes into this year healthy, his numbers will jump right back up that 19-20ppg mark again, and the Spurs are already heavily favored to be a Conference Championship team this year. At his best, Ginobili is a force, and even injured he's better than most.

#5 – Ray Allen – So why no Vince again? A couple of reasons. First of all, his numbers will probably see a drop in Orlando next year as his role will undoubtedly have to change in that Magic system. Even if he doesn't change his role and continues scoring 20+ points a night, it would be to the detriment of a really good young team, in which case I can't put him in the top five anyway. Compared to Ray Allen—someone who just never stops knocking down threes, including several clutch shots in last year's playoffs (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13622#)—Carter isn't quite the same class of player. He's an amazing athlete and the skill is certainly there, but in terms of being a better player and all-around shooter, Allen nips him out of the top five by a hair.

Honorable Mention: Vince Carter, Andre Iguodala, Kevin Martin, Ben Gordon, Richard Hamilton – It will be interesting to see what happens to Ben Gordon and Rip Hamilton in Detroit considering they'll have to share time and shots not only with each other but with Rodney Stuckey. Those two guys are last on this list for that reason and that reason alone, but both deserve to be in the top ten. Carter and Iguodala are amazingly freakish athletes, but are closer to the small forward side of the spectrum than pure shooter. Kevin Martin is a top-notch scorer, but his team is never competitive. It hurts to fault him for that, but it's hard to determine whether he'd post similar numbers on a winning team with more complementary star power.

Surely other young shooters will pop up the rankings this year as well, and maybe some of these honorable mention guys will prove me wrong. If Ginobili's ankle will never be the same, I'll be proved extremely wrong very quickly. But that's the beauty of the preseason; everyone can be optimistic about what's to come. For the best of the best, it's one more season chasing the title, and short of maybe Joe Johnson, all these guys in the top five have a legit shot at doing that.

---------------------------------------------------------

<EM><FONT face=Tahoma size=3><SPAN style="COLOR: black">From The Editor-----

hater
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
injured Manu in top 5 SG, Oden in top 5 Centers. the NBA is in a sad, sad state

HarlemHeat37
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Manu isn't currently a top 5 SG..Roy is nothing like a PG, he's clearly a SG, and he's clearly 3rd..

spursfaninla
08-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Don't think it is really true that Manu is better than most SG when he is really injured...

But I do think he deserves to be on this list when healthy.

spursfaninla
08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Manu isn't currently a top 5 SG..Roy is nothing like a PG, he's clearly a SG, and he's clearly 3rd..

If you think that, make your list, instead of making us try to read your mind?

vander
08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Ray Allen #5? :rollin this must have been written a few years ago

WildcardManu
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Replace Allen with Roy and the list is good to go.

howbouthemspurs
08-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Per 48 min Manu Statically ranks among the best of them. If he was on another Team like the Raptors or something where he is the lone star his per game stats would be ridiculous! He would have MVP numbers!

anonoftheinternets
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
hoopsworld articles suck ...

IronMexican
08-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Per 48 min Manu Statically ranks among the best of them.

Sounds like a Laker fan making a case for Bynum.

angelbelow
08-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a Laker fan making a case for Bynum.

Haha, he should have said something about Ginobili's impact on the game.

howbouthemspurs
08-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Haha, he should have said something about Ginobili's impact on the game.

Oh yeah and Ginobili's impact on the game is already truely legendary.... .. How bout that?

Bynum doesnt have the balls to make any kind of impact.

spursfan09
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I hope he plays like one this year. This year is looking great, but the thought of an injured Manu or Tony keep creeping up in the back of my mind.

eisfeld
08-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Brandon Roy should be 3rd and Ray Allen shouldn't be in the Top 5.

kobyz
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM
1 – Kobe Bryant
2 – Dwyane Wade
3 – Brandon Roy
4 – Manu Ginobili
5 – Vince Carter

JamStone
08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Agree Brandon Roy should be somewhere there, 4th or 5th, and take Ray Allen out. If we're being objective, it's a tough call between Ginobili and Vince. Ginobili is absolutely the better winner, team player. Vince is the better, more talented individual player. Depends how you look at it.

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Joe Johnson (although I do lean towards Ginobili "personally")
4. Brandon Roy
5. Ginobili / VC toss-up

Texas_Ranger
08-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Manu >>> Joe Johnson

JamStone
08-21-2009, 02:45 PM
It really depends what you need. Put Manu on the Hawks last year, and they might have a similar record and maybe he puts up similar numbers. But, then again, if he had to play 35 mpg and carry the team offensively night in and night out, he'd be injured 30+ games of the season.

I love Ginobili. But, just because he's got the heart of a warrior, it doesn't necessarily mean he's better than another player who has very comparable skill, plus size and athletic advantages, plus is more durable. There's a thread about those two already. If you include bias, I take Manu over Joe Johnson because of his heart. Objectively speaking, I think Joe Johnson is better because of those things I mentioned with size and athleticism and durability, not to mention he's younger.

dbestpro
08-21-2009, 02:46 PM
A healthy M. Redd is > B. Roy.

Pistons < Spurs
08-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Kobe
Wade
Roy
T-Mac (if healthy)
J Johnson
Manu
Carter
Rip
K Martin
Ben Gordon
Ray Allen
Redd
Iggoudala
Mayo

crc21209
08-21-2009, 05:54 PM
When Manu's on top of his game, he's a top 3 SG no doubt. When hurt though, he's not even Top 10. It sucks. Manu makes a HUGE impact on this team on both ends...if he is healthy this year....the Spurs will be a BEAST.

DPG21920
08-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Kobe
Wade
Roy
T-Mac (if healthy)
J Johnson
Manu
Carter
Rip
K Martin
Ben Gordon
Ray Allen
Redd
Iggoudala
Mayo

What a homer list. Ben Gordon above Redd, AI and Allen? When has Gordon ever been the man on the team and average consistent numbers?

carrao45
08-21-2009, 07:12 PM

Injured Manu doesn't sniff the top 10. Healthy Manu is MAYBE top 5, but i doubt it, considering Kobe, Wade, Roy, Vince, Andre Iguadala, and Ray Allen are better than him IMO

carrao45
08-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Per 48 min Manu Statically ranks among the best of them. If he was on another Team like the Raptors or something where he is the lone star his per game stats would be ridiculous! He would have MVP numbers!

Per 48 doesn't provide accurate analysis because, since he plays less than the rest, he is able to play with much more energy and intensity than them. Which inflates his Per 48 numbers. If he played the same amount of minutes as they did, he Per 48 number would be lower than they are.

Oh and:lmao at Manu having anything close to MVP numbers

carrao45
08-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Per 48 doesn't provide accurate analysis because, since he plays less than the rest, he is able to play with much more energy and intensity than them. Which inflates his Per 48 numbers. If he played the same amount of minutes as they did, he Per 48 numbers would be lower than they are.

carrao45
08-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah and Ginobili's impact on the game is already truely legendary.... .. How bout that?

Bynum doesnt have the balls to make any kind of impact.

It's hard for Ginobili to make an impact considering he is injured when the playoffs come around

ducks
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM

per 48 manu is stupid
he is not effective playing more then 25 minutes a night

carrao45
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
When Manu's on top of his game, he's a top 3 SG no doubt. When hurt though, he's not even Top 10. It sucks. Manu makes a HUGE impact on this team on both ends...if he is healthy this year....the Spurs will be a BEAST.

Manu is not better than Roy. So no he is not top 3 for any stretch of longer than a few games

ducks
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
guy has ray allen number 5
does not bring any crediablilty when he mentions manu in top 4

ducks
08-21-2009, 07:22 PM
when does manu guard the best player on d?

he is not a great defender
he will get a couple steals but not a great defender

DPG21920
08-21-2009, 07:28 PM
When does Tim guard the best player?

ducks
08-21-2009, 07:37 PM
When does Tim guard the best player?

when is the best player a center:lol:lol:lol:lol

DPG21920
08-21-2009, 07:42 PM
when is the best player a center:lol:lol:lol:lol

Plenty of times. Point is, you logic is faulty.

Solid D
08-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Manu Ginobili #4 SG for next season? Is he still alive? I thought ducks had already scattered Manu's ashes on the pond. Hmmm, go figure.

ducks
08-21-2009, 07:50 PM

very few teams best players are the centers
and duncan does guard them in the 4 quarter:rollin

ducks
08-21-2009, 07:52 PM

atleast I have a logic you have none:downspin::downspin::downspin:

DPG21920
08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
very few teams best players are the centers
and duncan does guard them in the 4 quarter:rollin

That makes no sense. So Bowen was the only good defender on the Spurs? Because he was the only one guarding the other teams best players?

Chico
08-21-2009, 09:03 PM
"...and even injured he's better than most."
Nicely said.

TMTTRIO
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Where would you rank a healthy Manu? Yes talent wise there are probably a lot of players that are more talented than him, can score more, and play more consistenly with more minutes but at the same time he's good at finding all kinds of ways to contribute to the wins other than scoring and say what you want to say about PERS but he's very effective with the time he's on court. I've heard a lot of people use the excuse though that the only reason that he's good is he plays behind Tim and Tony and plays against other team's 2nd team players and scrubs. He has shown that he could carry the team when Tim and Tony were out injured for a while.

spursfaninla
08-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Dang, ducks is unrelenting with his Manu hate....has he always been like that?

I seem to remember he was the same way with Lebron, saying Carmello was better than him. I don't think he has been trying that for a while.

Ducks, Manu is the best SG/wing that the Spurs have had since Gervin. Sure, he is not a great defender either one-on-one or team D, but he is super clutch, has had a great BB IQ (except for the dirk foul), and does whatever the team needs to win.

Understood, he has had injury problems, but that is no reason to hate. It is really unreasonable your attitude toward him...I have never seen a fan of a team so hateful toward a key piece of their team...a key piece that was a central contributor to multiple championships, in fact.

iManu
08-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Manu is the best team-playing SG in the league. He would be a force even at point guard.

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2009, 12:28 AM
JJ is fkn overrated, i dunno why he gets so much love, when his always manus bitch even during the suns days...

crc21209
08-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Manu is not better than Roy. So no he is not top 3 for any stretch of longer than a few games

Based on overall play...including scoring, rebounding, steals, defense, and most importantly...CLUTCHNESS...I'll take Manu over Roy ANY day.

maddnezz
08-22-2009, 05:01 AM
he beat the usa team wit nuthin but young allstars i think?
oh wait that didnt count huh?:toast

kace
08-22-2009, 07:39 AM
my god, these uncessant ranking threads and the inevitable useless polemics are lame.

there are so many aspects to rank players, it's useless.

Manu, if healthy, is the perfect fit, at the right price, for the spurs as a SG.

will_spurs
08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Let's do some stats comparison for 2008-2009:

Guard #1 shoots 50.6% for 22ppg in 34mpg (17.5 FG attempts per game)
Guard #2 shoots 43.7% for 21.4ppg in 39.5mpg (18 FG attempts per game)

Who is the best "shooting" guard of the two?

Guard #1 is Tony Parker. Guard #2 is Joe Johnson.

Enough said.

Doctor J
08-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Manu will very likely play 23~24 minutes per game and average 13~14 points.

His role will be closer to that of Toni Kukoc of Bulls in the 90s.

There is no way he can be in the top 5.

Top 7 at best.

carrao45
08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Based on overall play...including scoring, rebounding, steals, defense, and most importantly...CLUTCHNESS...I'll take Manu over Roy ANY day.

then your fuckin stupid. and a homer

Phenomanul
08-22-2009, 02:03 PM
then your fuckin stupid. and a homer

Not saying Manu is better than Kobe by any stretch of the imagination (he's not)....

BUT I distinctly remember Manu tearing up the Pistons in the 2005 finals... where Kobe failed to do the same the previous year (2004 Finals)...

Fact is, Manu is not a stat padding 2-guard... he contributes in whatever way increases the Spurs' chances of winning... and when his team needs it.... When healthy, Manu always ranked in the top 3 on the Nestle crunch time stat... because he always seemed to step-it-up in the clutch...

In my opinion... there are only a handful of shooting guards that can will their teams to victories, by becoming impossible to contain... Manu is in that select group... and even Kobe will say it.

SA210
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Not saying Manu is better than Kobe by any stretch of the imagination (he's not)....

BUT I distinctly remember Manu tearing up the Pistons in the 2005 finals... where Kobe failed to do the same the previous year (2004 Finals)...

Fact is, Manu is not a stat padding 2-guard... he contributes in whatever way increases the Spurs' chances of winning... and when his team needs it.... When healthy, Manu always ranked in the top 3 on the Nestle crunch time stat... because he always seemed to step-it-up in the clutch...

In my opinion... there are only a handful of shooting guards that can will their teams to victories, by becoming impossible to contain... Manu is in that select group... and even Kobe will say it.

:tu

SA210
08-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Manu is the best team-playing SG in the league. He would be a force even at point guard.

:tu

carrao45
08-22-2009, 02:58 PM

I know he can be clutch. But said Manu is top 3. This implies that Manu is better than Roy. Which he is not, by any stretch of the imagination

eisfeld
08-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Injured Manu doesn't sniff the top 10. Healthy Manu is MAYBE top 5, but i doubt it, considering Kobe, Wade, Roy, Vince, Andre Iguadala, and Ray Allen are better than him IMO

Wade, Kobe and Roy I understand.

I would not put Iguodala or Allen above Manu, the first one is not there yet and don't get started with Allen... he's a sharpshooter with above average bball IQ but a healthy and fired up manu would own him.

Phenomanul
08-22-2009, 03:25 PM
I know he can be clutch. But said Manu is top 3. This implies that Manu is better than Roy. Which he is not, by any stretch of the imagination

See that last part is where you lose me....

I'm not suggesting Roy isn't a basketball stud... clearly he is.

Roy and Manu are comparable players, even though Manu has accomplished far more as a player than Roy has. Your last line implies that they can't be equated... which shows your bias due to the extreme nature of the phrase.

What I'm telling you is that Kobe himself will tell you that Manu is a top 3 shooting guard in the league... AND I'll take Kobe's opinion on the matter over that of the average NBA fan...

Simple Jack
08-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Kobe, Wade, Roy, Johnson, Martin are all better than a healthy Ginobli.

GO MAVS

SA210
08-22-2009, 04:19 PM

Roy and Manu are comparable players, even though Manu has accomplished far more as a player than Roy has. Your last line implies that they can't be equated... which shows your bias due to the extreme nature of the phrase.

What I'm telling you is that Kobe himself will tell you that Manu is a top 3 shooting guard in the league... AND I'll take Kobe's opinion on the matter over that of the average NBA fan...

:toast

Phenomanul
08-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Kobe, Wade, Roy, Johnson, Martin are all better than a healthy Ginobili.

GO MAVS

Wade is hands down the second best shooting guard in the league today... but when Manu makes a play it's usually game-defining...

1QiR0t7rw7g

E89B2GQl4uY

uvdtdlkhQUs

And this little scoop shot under Aldridge's arms was pure brilliance... I couldn't find a better version...

K3Pf2ECOCeU

Here's what happens when Ginobili doesn't play

RI7GzQBAHVY

I couldn't find the clip where Ginobili goes for 19 consecutive points against the Hawks to the tune of 40 points... mostly against Johnson...

But I believe these points were from that run...

dkhU-fPLqTM

well... I don't really have to justify this one... don't get me wrong... KMart is a great player but he's not really in same class as Manu.

And now I present to you the second most prolific and efficient game of the decade... second only to Kobe's 81 pt game...

jtwyGpkQ5Z8

Followed by a mix tape that would dwarf anything made for Roy...

TkxyexLdAGY

gospursgojas
08-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Brandon Roy can pretty much do whay Joe johnson can so they should be tied...

That said I think Joe Johnson is underated so i agree with him being this high on the list

crc21209
08-22-2009, 06:27 PM

+1000000000. Thanks for backing me up. :tu. Like I was trying to tell him...Basketball is more than just scoring. Manu contributes in every single way possible when healthy. He's a good defender, gets steals, rebounds, assists on other buckets, and most importantly...is one of the clutchest guys in the NBA when healthy.

crc21209
08-22-2009, 06:29 PM

+10000. Even Kobe himself has said in the past that Manu, when on his game..is a top 3 shooting guard in the league.

kace
08-22-2009, 06:57 PM
+10000. Even Kobe himself has said in the past that Manu, when on his game..is a top 3 shooting guard in the league.

:lol

when he is on his game, when he is healthy, with the game on the line, as long as we don't talk about defense, manu is a top 3 SG. a lot of conditions though.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-22-2009, 07:02 PM
:lol

when he is on his game, when he is healthy, with the game on the line, as long as we don't talk about defense, manu is a top 3 SG. a lot of conditions though.

when he is on his game and healthy is obvious. The same can be said for Parker, not that you'd ever cop to it.

TD 21
08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Statistically, coming off of the season he just came off of, and considering his age, I could see why the majority of people rank Roy ahead of Ginobili as the third best shooting guard in the league (Bryant and Wade are obviously first and second), but I'd still take Ginobili over any two-guard but the first two. After those four, it comes down to Johnson and Carter for the fifth spot.

Blackjack
08-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Moving forward?

Absolutely, Roy's ahead of Manu.

But if Manu somehow recaptures what he had in '08, where he was unquestionably the second best 2-guard in the league that year, I'd take Manu for this upcoming year.

If that Manu shows up, he'll be the third best 2-guard in the league behind only Bryant and Wade. The odds of Manu being that dominant of a player ever again, at least on a consistent basis, aren't all that likely, however.

I think given the circumstance and the inability to know what to expect of Manu after the ankle injuries, ranking Manu fourth is pretty fair. It's giving just due to a guy who's been there done that, so it's not all that outlandish.

If Manu proves to be the fourth best 2-guard in the league come the end of the year, I think that's probably the best you can hope for.

That's the Manu the Spurs need for them to capture another title.

PDXSpursFan
08-24-2009, 11:19 AM
1 – kobe bryant
2 – dwyane wade
3 – brandon roy
4 – manu ginobili
5 – vince carter
+1

kace
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
when he is on his game and healthy is obvious. The same can be said for Parker, not that you'd ever cop to it.

:lol don't worry. i've said in this thread that i thought that manu was the perfect SG for this team. i know that my french flag makes me irrelevant to talk about manu for some members, like you obviously and unfortunately. and why bring parker in this discussion ?

anyway, i don't think manu is a top 3 sg and i just find it funny that some people try to put so much conditions to make him crack this top 3. you have to consider the whole player, his health, his consistency, his overall game to judge him.

jag
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Last time i checked, Parker wasn't broken on the last two PO runs. I can't remember the last time Manu was healthy, so it isn't that "obvious" to me. At this point in their respective careers, comparing Parker to Manu is not fair to Parker...not that you'd ever cop to it.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-24-2009, 12:44 PM
:lol don't worry. i've said in this thread that i thought that manu was the perfect SG for this team. i know that my french flag makes me irrelevant to talk about manu for some members, like you obviously and unfortunately. and why bring parker in this discussion ?

anyway, i don't think manu is a top 3 sg and i just find it funny that some people try to put so much conditions to make him crack this top 3. you have to consider the whole player, his health, his consistency, his overall game to judge him.

I bring up Parker in an attempt to try and make you understand my point, seeing as though he's your favorite player. Saying "when healthy and on his game" isn't an unreasonable statement or parameter. It means when playing at his best. If Parker was injured or not playing to the best of his potential he wouldn't crack any top list either.

and stop playing the fucking victim. Your french flag has nothing to do with anything here, other than serve as a crutch when your arguments fail you... "oh look at me, I'm french and being discriminated against" :rolleyes

Being french (or any nationality for that matter) shouldn't prevent you from posting your opinion on any matter but it sure as hell doesn't make it argument-proof either.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Last time i checked, Parker wasn't broken on the last two PO runs. I can't remember the last time Manu was healthy, so it isn't that "obvious" to me. At this point in their respective careers, comparing Parker to Manu is not fair to Parker...

In the context in which I'm comparing them its perfectly reasonable. I'm not comparing which one is better, so stop acting like a butthurt little bitch.

not that you'd ever cop to it.

oh snap!

I see what you did there!

Good one... :rolleyes

P.S. I'm not a blind Manu homer who doesn't appreciate Parker's quality, so save the automated anti-homer bullshit for someone else.

ducks
08-24-2009, 02:18 PM

manu was better in 2005 the now

kace
08-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I bring up Parker in an attempt to try and make you understand my point, seeing as though he's your favorite player. Saying "when healthy and on his game" isn't an unreasonable statement or parameter. It means when playing at his best. If Parker was injured or not playing to the best of his potential he wouldn't crack any top list either.

and stop playing the fucking victim. Your french flag has nothing to do with anything here, other than serve as a crutch when your arguments fail you... "oh look at me, I'm french and being discriminated against" :rolleyes

Being french (or any nationality for that matter) shouldn't prevent you from posting your opinion on any matter but it sure as hell doesn't make it argument-proof either.

you didn't understand me. i mentionned my french flag because, in a thread about manu (and only in this kind of thread), for some posters, you can't say a word negative about manu without being labeled a parker fan and so, a manu hater.

this logic is lame, and i think you agree, but you still used it in bringing tony in this thread to answer me.

Once again, and i said it many and many times, manu is the perfetc fit for us. i would like nobody else as sg.

still, he's nowhere close to a nba top3 sg right now, IMO

MaNuMaNiAc
08-24-2009, 04:36 PM
you didn't understand me. i mentionned my french flag because, in a thread about manu (and only in this kind of thread), you can't say a word negative about manu without being labeled a parker fan and so, a manu hater.

this logic is lame, and i think you agree, but you still used it in bringing tony in this thread to answer me.

That was not what I meant to say, though I can see how it might look that way.

Once again, and i said it many and many times, manu is the perfetc fit for us. i would like nobody else as sg.

still, he's nowhere close to a nba top3 sg right now, IMO

Fair enough. I don't think anyone can truthfully argue that an injured Manu is top3 sg. Hence the qualifications added. I don't think they are unreasonable, you seem to. Let's leave it at that.

mookie2001
08-24-2009, 04:38 PM
you gotta problem with the French mania?

quit the nationalist shit, sorry we dont all have a limited world view and ignore everywhere thats not argentina

mookie2001
08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
most importantly...is one of the clutchest guys in the NBA when healthy.
he was real fucking clutch in the 2008 and 2009 playoffs

SouthTexasRancher
08-24-2009, 11:05 PM

LOL :tu

tlongII
08-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Interesting list. Personally I think Roy should be #2 and Wade should be #3.

Lars
08-25-2009, 01:04 AM
If 100% healthy:

Wade
Bryant
McGrady
Ginobli
Roy

lefty
08-25-2009, 10:45 AM
If 100% healthy:

Wade
Bryant
McGrady
Ginobli
Roy

LOL Tmac

THe only guy of the list who has never made it out of the 1st round.

Ok, Roy too, but he is young and it was his 1st playoffs this year

narmerguy
08-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Interesting list. Personally I think Roy should be #2 and Wade should be #3.

Absoultely nuts. I actually consider putting Wade above Bryant. The only reason Wade isn't in the same discussion for #1 is because he's been on a scrub team and injured and has had no real sniff of a chance of a championship. If he won one soon (which he won't on that heat team) people would start discussing the #1 again.

The_Game
08-25-2009, 11:48 AM

:lol:lol:lol