PDA

View Full Version : First game at new Cowboy's stadium!

redskinfan
08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
while I think the building is impressive I am not digging it for game action, it looks like a bigger than usual basketball arena and I really don't see any advantage for the team. The giant scoreboards look comical and are way too low.

Spursfan092120
08-21-2009, 09:08 PM
while I think the building is impressive I am not digging it for game action, it looks like a bigger than usual basketball arena and I really don't see any advantage for the team. The giant scoreboards look comical and are way too low.
are you there? If not, how do you know? You can't judge it by a television, man. You have to be there.

redskinfan
08-21-2009, 09:10 PM
are you there? If not, how do you know? You can't judge it by a television, man. You have to be there.

Where are you? I am watching on my tv and that's my opinion.

Spursfan092120
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm at home, but I'm not judging a stadium by watching it on television.

redskinfan
08-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I am! I love the building It looks amazing I just don't think (in my opinion) it is a place where home field advantage will mean anything, like FED-EX Field!!

manufan10
08-21-2009, 09:16 PM
lol judging a stadium's "in game action" without being in the stadium

redskinfan
08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
lol judging a stadium's "in game action" without being in the stadium

I know right? I guess watching on tv don't mean shit.

manufan10
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I know right? I guess watching on tv don't mean shit.

No, it means you can't tell if it has good "in game action" without experiencing it personally. You can't really tell from watching it on tv. :toast

Spursfan092120
08-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I am! I love the building It looks amazing I just don't think (in my opinion) it is a place where home field advantage will mean anything, like FED-EX Field!!
OK..gotcha...but they were saying the way that field was set up..with the acoustics and everything...if that crowd gets rocking...and with over 80,000 people, it will, it will be REALLY hard to hear.

manufan10
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM

Ok.. I think I got what you're saying now. :tu

Nathan Explosion
08-21-2009, 10:41 PM
OK..gotcha...but they were saying the way that field was set up..with the acoustics and everything...if that crowd gets rocking...and with over 80,000 people, it will, it will be REALLY hard to hear.

I like the $35 dollar ticket idea. It's sort of like standing in the Spurs Fan Fiesta and the AT&T Center. You can stand in a section and watch the game with a pretty good view. And if the action is too far for tired eyes, you can just glance up at one of the side screens, which (while not as impressive as the 60 yarders) are still great for viewing game action.

Spursfan092120
08-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I like the $35 dollar ticket idea. It's sort of like standing in the Spurs Fan Fiesta and the AT&T Center. You can stand in a section and watch the game with a pretty good view. And if the action is too far for tired eyes, you can just glance up at one of the side screens, which (while not as impressive as the 60 yarders) are still great for viewing game action.
yeah...I have a feeling that stadium is going to be crazy for home games this year.

Texas Chili Dog
08-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Well I just got back from the game...let's just say that screen is a lot bigger in person. Couldn't....take...my....eyes....away! Every single break in action, the cheerleaders were on that screen. Lemme tell you, it was simply awesome. Can't go wrong with a 30 yard huge cheerleader right in front of you. :D

Spursfan092120
08-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Well I just got back from the game...let's just say that screen is a lot bigger in person. Couldn't....take...my....eyes....away! Every single break in action, the cheerleaders were on that screen. Lemme tell you, it was simply awesome. Can't go wrong with a 30 yard huge cheerleader right in front of you. :D
I'd definitely take the advice of someone who was there over anyone who watched it on TV..thanks for the info. I really hope to somehow get there this year. I'm the biggest Cowboys fan I know, but have never been able to go to a game. Dad got a terminal illness when I was really young, so we never got to do those kind of things. I'm hoping I can get to a Monday night game this year since I work on weekends. Congrats bro...I'm glad you enjoyed it...and I'm jealous. lol

G-Nob
08-21-2009, 11:41 PM
still a bunch of kinks to work out. I was there tonight and there were no stats put up. The videos were just giant tv's that weren't utilitzed for nothing more than what was going on the field. No ring of honor yet. No banners yet. The stadium is open and you see everything the moment you walk in. The only bad part is you cant walk around the stdium. You have to stay in your designated area. Meaning if your tix are on the end you stay on the end you can't walk around the perimeter of the stadium. The concessions need work too. Most are still ill-equipped to handle the traffic. Some were running out of food and others were understaffed. Not as intimate as Texas Stadium but when they work everything out, I'm sure it will be better.

Texas Chili Dog
08-22-2009, 12:16 AM
I'd definitely take the advice of someone who was there over anyone who watched it on TV..thanks for the info. I really hope to somehow get there this year. I'm the biggest Cowboys fan I know, but have never been able to go to a game. Dad got a terminal illness when I was really young, so we never got to do those kind of things. I'm hoping I can get to a Monday night game this year since I work on weekends. Congrats bro...I'm glad you enjoyed it...and I'm jealous. lol

I hope you get to go to a game this year too. It really is a sight to see. :toast

still a bunch of kinks to work out. I was there tonight and there were no stats put up. The videos were just giant tv's that weren't utilitzed for nothing more than what was going on the field. No ring of honor yet. No banners yet. The stadium is open and you see everything the moment you walk in. The only bad part is you cant walk around the stdium. You have to stay in your designated area. Meaning if your tix are on the end you stay on the end you can't walk around the perimeter of the stadium. The concessions need work too. Most are still ill-equipped to handle the traffic. Some were running out of food and others were understaffed. Not as intimate as Texas Stadium but when they work everything out, I'm sure it will be better.

Yeah, they needed to have the amount of time left in the Q on the big screen. I had to look at the small scoreboard in the corner to check the time. But as far as the turf goes, this is just the preseason turf. The real turf, with the star, along with the ring of honor and all that jazz will be introduced for the Giants game.

Also, did you notice at times when the music started playing weird? Like the music would just sometimes be played in fast foward and the chipmunk voices could be heard. LOL

And what happened to the PA Announcer from Texas Stadium? This guy was worthless! He called Patrick Crayton Deon Anderson, and Anderson isn't even healthy. And he called Felix Jones, Julius! WTF was that??

Vinnie_Johnson
08-22-2009, 12:26 AM
I just got done watching it on TV too and it looks freakin awesome but I guess I need to go there and make sure.

O-Factor
08-22-2009, 12:49 AM
gotta love this shirt lol

http://shop.dallascowboys.com//CatalogImages/18-1348-Large_Image.jpeg

O-Factor
08-22-2009, 12:52 AM
View from $29 dollar party pass deck...pretty sweet

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason2.jpg

O-Factor
08-22-2009, 12:53 AM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason6.jpg

O-Factor
08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
View of The Ballpark at Arlington

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason3.jpg

Spursfan092120
08-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the pictures.

O-Factor
08-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the pictures.

Wish they were mine, but I pulled them from another site. I'll be there this season though for the philly game. Hope you can make it out to one. :toast

Texas Chili Dog
08-22-2009, 01:54 AM
sweet O-Factor, I see you are a member of Cowboys-Forum! Who are you?? Those are my pics, I was just gonna put some of em over here. I'll post some more, but feel free to post any you want and anywhere you want. :toast

Texas Chili Dog
08-22-2009, 01:59 AM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason4.jpg

Neat little blue lighted entrance way the players go through before coming out into the stadium.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason8.jpg

2009 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason20.jpg

Texas Chili Dog
08-22-2009, 02:02 AM
This is the tunnel back to the locker rooms from the stadium. Nothing special about this pic really, but I just wanted to point out the classic sign at the top right. "Good Job" :rollin

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/mrformaldehyde/preseason26.jpg

Texas Chili Dog
08-22-2009, 02:06 AM
There are plenty more pics, and you can view them all here:

http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103154

I think you have to be a registered member of the forum though.

JudynTX
08-22-2009, 08:28 AM
It's pretty.

O-Factor
08-22-2009, 09:11 PM
sweet O-Factor, I see you are a member of Cowboys-Forum! Who are you?? Those are my pics, I was just gonna put some of em over here. I'll post some more, but feel free to post any you want and anywhere you want. :toast

:toast

Those are your pics huh, awesome! Good job man. I saw them, and thought they were great for sharing.

Texas Chili Dog
08-23-2009, 03:33 AM
:toast

Those are your pics huh, awesome! Good job man. I saw them, and thought they were great for sharing.

yeah, went to the game with CalCB from cowboys-forum. The funny thing is that I took about 50 pics while I was there, and probably 95% were of the things that were on the big screen. :lol

The picture is so clear and so big that it's just like you were standing a few feet away from the players. Absolutely awesome.

SpurNation
08-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the pix. Man how sweet was it to be at the first game? What's the feeling of actually being there? Are the views good from all locations?

Texas Chili Dog
08-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the pix. Man how sweet was it to be at the first game? What's the feeling of actually being there? Are the views good from all locations?

It was great. The crowd was pretty quiet though, but I don't take anything from that since it was of course just the preseason. That place will be rocking for the Giants game. The only places you don't really wanna be in the stadium are far back on the party pass decks. Just a little back from the railing and you won't be able to see the field, and a little further and it will be hard to see the endzone screen because of the people in front of you. Any of the seats are fine because of that gigantic screen you can look at in case you can't see the play develop.

It definitely was a good warmup for me because I'll be at that Giants game. I know a little more what to expect and where to go for the party pass areas.

Spursfan092120
08-23-2009, 02:46 PM
It was great. The crowd was pretty quiet though, but I don't take anything from that since it was of course just the preseason. That place will be rocking for the Giants game. The only places you don't really wanna be in the stadium are far back on the party pass decks. Just a little back from the railing and you won't be able to see the field, and a little further and it will be hard to see the endzone screen because of the people in front of you. Any of the seats are fine because of that gigantic screen you can look at in case you can't see the play develop.

It definitely was a good warmup for me because I'll be at that Giants game. I know a little more what to expect and where to go for the party pass areas.
lol..i'm gonna hit you up for Monday night tickets this year...:lol

StylisticS
08-23-2009, 03:25 PM

LMFAO. I live right down the field from Fed Ex field and what home field advantage do they actually have? 90,000 people and they are really not that loud. They have a losing record in their own stadium to the Cowboys and everytime a huge fanbase such as the Cowboys, Steelers, or Packers come to town, the stadium is nearly 70-30 with Redskin fans in advantage. Don't overhype your laughable stadium.

redskinfan
08-23-2009, 04:00 PM
LMFAO. I live right down the field from Fed Ex field and what home field advantage do they actually have? 90,000 people and they are really not that loud. They have a losing record in their own stadium to the Cowboys and everytime a huge fanbase such as the Cowboys, Steelers, or Packers come to town, the stadium is nearly 70-30 with Redskin fans in advantage. Don't overhype your laughable stadium.

I live next door to the new cowboy's stadium and just lmao at cowboy fans and especially YOU!!! :lmao

Texas Chili Dog
08-23-2009, 04:10 PM
lol..i'm gonna hit you up for Monday night tickets this year...:lol

Come on up! :toast

Nathan Explosion
08-23-2009, 04:22 PM
I live next door to the new cowboy's stadium and just lmao at cowboy fans and especially YOU!!! :lmao

You live in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington?

Spursfan092120
08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
lmao @ cellar Redskins fan laughing at ANY team..especially the team that owns them. Even in 1989 when we had only 1 win all year it was against the pathetic Redskins. You spend WAY too much money on overrated players, and it never works out for you. Nobody fails quite like Washington.

Spursfan092120
08-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Come on up! :toast
If you've got tickets for me, I'm down. :D

redskinfan
08-23-2009, 05:13 PM
You live in Rangers Ballpark in Arlington?

the other side! Be afraid this season very afraid! Redskins"D" will be on it!

LOL cowboy's fans!!:lmao

Spursfan092120
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
the other side! Be afraid this season very afraid! Redskins"D" will be on it!

LOL cowboy's fans!!:lmao
lol Redskins
lol cellar dwellers
lol last place as usual
lol Jason Campbell
lol giving Haynesworth $100 million
lol Redskin fan making fun of Dallas

Texas Chili Dog
08-23-2009, 10:32 PM
The Jerry World Experience:

http://www.examiner.com/x-14770-Dallas-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d23-The-Jerry-World-experience

Just a little summary of my trip to the new stadium, with a slideshow. :)

Spursfan092120
08-23-2009, 11:20 PM
The Jerry World Experience:

http://www.examiner.com/x-14770-Dallas-Sports-Examiner~y2009m8d23-The-Jerry-World-experience (http://www.examiner.com/x-14770-Dallas-Sports-Examiner%7Ey2009m8d23-The-Jerry-World-experience)

Just a little summary of my trip to the new stadium, with a slideshow. :)
still jealous...lol

Nathan Explosion
08-23-2009, 11:23 PM
the other side!

Six Flags???

Texas Chili Dog
08-23-2009, 11:44 PM
still jealous...lol

:lol http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/neener_neener.gif

Vinnie_Johnson
08-23-2009, 11:50 PM

LMFAO Skins fan :lmao You team sucks ass just like the Lions.

Texas Chili Dog
08-23-2009, 11:59 PM
LMFAO Skins fan :lmao You team sucks ass just like the Lions.

Lions will go 19-0 this season. Matthew Stafford domination.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 12:04 AM
:lol http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/neener_neener.gif
lol...I need to get some tickets to a Monday night game this year....it's the only time I can get there...got any ideas?

Texas Chili Dog
08-24-2009, 12:38 AM
lol...I need to get some tickets to a Monday night game this year....it's the only time I can get there...got any ideas?

Well the only Monday night game this season is Week 3 against the Panthers. I think the party pass tickets are all sold out already. But of course there will be people selling them all over the place online.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Well the only Monday night game this season is Week 3 against the Panthers. I think the party pass tickets are all sold out already. But of course there will be people selling them all over the place online.
OK..I'll have to try ebay and some other sites....thanks. :)

bresilhac
08-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Nothing's more annoying or maddening than Cowpig fans thinking their sorry, overrated, overhyped sack of shit of a team is better than anyone elses. What a laugher. From their gold-plated stupid mistake of a new stadium to their sorry, choking excuse for a QB, the girls are surely the most loathed and reviled team in the league. Mostly because of their smug and obnoxious fans I might add. And there is nothing wrong with FedEx Field btw. It's got great sight lines and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Hail.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Nothing's more annoying or maddening than Cowpig fans thinking their sorry, overrated, overhyped sack of shit of a team is better than anyone elses. What a laugher. From their gold-plated stupid mistake of a new stadium to their sorry, choking excuse for a QB, the girls are surely the most loathed and reviled team in the league. Mostly because of their smug and obnoxious fans I might add. And there is nothing wrong with FedEx Field btw. It's got great sight lines and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Hail.
I'm sorry...and you are......?

Oh..and if you're comparing Dallas to Washington, I'd say a better record last year, a better all time record against each other, a better all time record total, more playoff wins, and more Super Bowls means we're pretty much better. Thanks for playing.

bresilhac
08-24-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm sorry...and you are......?

I'm a Redskin fan in South Texas that bleeds Burgundy and gold buddy. That's all you need to know.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm a Redskin fan in South Texas that bleeds Burgundy and gold buddy. That's all you need to know.
that's sweet..we own you...thanks for playing

bresilhac
08-24-2009, 02:00 AM
that's sweet..we own you...thanks for playing

There you go again. The girls don't own anyone except in their own imagination.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 02:02 AM
There you go again. The girls don't own anyone except in their own imagination.
lmao...better record year in year out...better all time record against you...better all time record period...more playoff wins...more Super Bowls...more division titles....yeah..I'd say we pretty much own you.

bresilhac
08-24-2009, 02:09 AM
lmao...better record year in year out...better all time record against you...better all time record period...more playoff wins...more Super Bowls...more division titles....yeah..I'd say we pretty much own you.

Uh and you forgot the stat that carries the most relevance. The Redskins have more playoff wins in the last ten years than the girls. I know you Dallas types don't like that fact mentioned by anybody. But let's face it. Dallas has not been a factor in any Championship run since the nineties. And that surely is nothing to be proud of. Too me it's the definition of irrelevance.

Texas Chili Dog
08-24-2009, 02:21 AM
And there is nothing wrong with FedEx Field btw. It's got great sight lines and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

O RLY?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8027/redskinsov563eq6.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/763/redskinsobstructedlimituf5.jpg

Uh and you forgot the stat that carries the most relevance. The Redskins have more playoff wins in the last ten years than the girls. I know you Dallas types don't like that fact mentioned by anybody. But let's face it. Dallas has not been a factor in any Championship run since the nineties. And that surely is nothing to be proud of. Too me it's the definition of irrelevance.

And the Skins have? :lol

bresilhac
08-24-2009, 02:26 AM
O RLY?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8027/redskinsov563eq6.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/763/redskinsobstructedlimituf5.jpg

And the Skins have? :lol

If those were your seats at FedEx then you have to be the biggest loser in history. My seats were terrific for all the games I was privileged enough to attend. I don't have any pics of the occasions but trust me on this.

Texas Chili Dog
08-24-2009, 02:32 AM
If those were your seats at FedEx then you have to be the biggest loser in history. My seats were terrific for all the games I was privileged enough to attend. I don't have any pics of the occasions but trust me on this.

nah, those aren't my pics. I got them from extremeskins. I've never been to Fedex personally. I just wanted to point out that there are indeed obstructed view seats. But it's not like Fedex is the only one. And I believe you. Until I attend a game there, I have no reason to suggest otherwise. :toast

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 02:41 AM
LMAO..you're hilarious. Because yes, the last 10 years is the only thing that matters in the history of the world. If we are so irrelevant, why are you, as a Redskins fan, posting in a Dallas Cowboys thread? I can guarantee you I would never go into a thread full of Redskins fans talking about their team and post about them. Obviously we're pretty damn relevant. And you know what's even funnier? The fact that we haven't won a playoff game since 1996, you say we've been irrelevant since 1996, and we STILL have a better record than your Redskins since then. Thanks for playing.

redskinfan
08-24-2009, 10:23 AM
LMAO..you're hilarious. Because yes, the last 10 years is the only thing that matters in the history of the world. If we are so irrelevant, why are you, as a Redskins fan, posting in a Dallas Cowboys thread? I can guarantee you I would never go into a thread full of Redskins fans talking about their team and post about them. Obviously we're pretty damn relevant. And you know what's even funnier? The fact that we haven't won a playoff game since 1996, you say we've been irrelevant since 1996, and we STILL have a better record than your Redskins since then. Thanks for playing.

I started this thread AssHatt!! so my boy can post here anytime. Talk about living in the past the Cowboys past is all they have because as far as this current team they are just like their new stadium, all flash an no substance!!

THE HOGS baby!!!

redskinfan
08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
LOL Spursfan092120

samikeyp
08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Dallas and Washington split last season so neither team has a leg up on the other.

Whisky Dog
08-24-2009, 10:54 AM
If you're gonna talk shit at least be a giants or even eagles fan. Skins haven't won Jack shit since 1991, not even a SB appearance. I don't even think an NFC title appearance. WTF is so great about that? A WC win then getting your ass kicked several times in the last 2 decades isn't any better.

Fuck the skins and their fans.

Whisky Dog
08-24-2009, 10:57 AM
I started this thread AssHatt!! so my boy can post here anytime. Talk about living in the past the Cowboys past is all they have because as far as this current team they are just like their new stadium, all flash an no substance!!

THE HOGS baby!!!

It's even worse that you started the thread. Obviously you've got a big case of football penis envy if you're starting threads about the cowboys preseason.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 11:18 AM
LOL Spursfan092120
lol trying to be a bigshot when you were owned worse than the other guy. My God, could you make yourself look like more of an idiot? Would you like to take him over your shoulder and burp him, too?

lol Redskins
lol worst record in division
lol fail on record vs. Dallas
lol fail on record all time compared to Dallas
lol fail on playoff record
lol fail on Super Bowls
lol fail
lol you

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 11:23 AM

THE HOGS baby!!!
Seriously...you must be 12 or something. You're bashing Dallas about living in the past while you act like Washington has been winning Super Bowls. I do believe Dallas has won 3 Super Bowls since Washington's last one. Soo....let's see...we've got a much better past. We had a better record last year, so we have a better present as well....thanks for playing.

redskinfan
08-24-2009, 11:25 AM
It's even worse that you started the thread. Obviously you've got a big case of football penis envy if you're starting threads about the cowboys preseason.

Hey shit for brains his this thread's headline is First game at new Cowboy's stadium! not about the Cowboy's pre-season spursfan 90120 could not take criticism about that fucked up stadium. DUMBASS!!

redskinfan
08-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Seriously...you must be 12 or something. You're bashing Dallas about living in the past while you act like Washington has been winning Super Bowls. I do believe Dallas has won 3 Super Bowls since Washington's last one. Soo....let's see...we've got a much better past. We had a better record last year, so we have a better present as well....thanks for playing.

:lmao spursfan90120!!!

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 11:32 AM
:lmao spursfan90120!!!
lol...that's all you have to say. Thanks for playing, sir.

lol Redskins

J.T.
08-24-2009, 11:35 AM
I kind of wish we didn't troll 90210's balls off in the Teams with more super bowls than the Colts thread. We've created a monster.

Whisky Dog
08-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey shit for brains his this thread's headline is First game at new Cowboy's stadium! not about the Cowboy's pre-season spursfan 90120 could not take criticism about that fucked up stadium. DUMBASS!!

Which was a preseason game. And, why the fuck do you care? The skins can play their preseason games on the fucking moon for all I care.

Fuck the skins and their fans.

Spursfan092120
08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I kind of wish we didn't troll 90210's balls off in the Teams with more super bowls than the Colts thread. We've created a monster.
Hey...he's the one who started this thread..lol...And he's the one who tried to troll. I guess he doesn't realize if you're going to troll, at least pick a team that's worth a shit.

Dr. Gonzo
08-24-2009, 12:07 PM
I think it was a decent troll job. It got 90210 to react with his usual, "We got five rings" bullshit.

dirk4mvp
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I've always wondered which two teams hate each other the most in the NFC east. I think I found out.

Dr. Gonzo
08-24-2009, 12:36 PM
That's always been a given. The Washington-Dallas rivalry is one of the best in sports.