View Full Version : Top 5 Teams in the NBA

Simple Jack
08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. DALLAS MAVERICKS
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Orlando Magic

Dirk is better than Duncan today. Shawn Marion is better than Richard Jefferson. Our big 5 is better than your's. Kidd, Terry, Howard, Marion and Dirk is better than Parker, Ginobli, Jefferson, Duncan and McDyess.

GO MAVS!!!!!

spursfaninla
08-22-2009, 03:52 PM
wow, amazing how you managed to put out so many threads that so thoroughly repeat, MANTRA-like, without bothering to back it up with 50 words or more, why your opinion should count for more than jack.

Thanks for playing. You might consider sitting quietly and learning before you try to play at the grownup table.

jaffies
08-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Alright!!! We're number 4!!

spursfaninla
08-22-2009, 04:04 PM
I had forgotten how basketball was not a team sport, but was instead just a game of one-on-one.

Also, ignored Celtics, seems like.

Dallas's "big 5" will be small ball, right? I do not fear the Mavs playing small ball.

Your only advantage against us came from playing Dirk at the 4 and forcing matchup problems...with your small ball lineup of Marion at the 4, you will have rebounding problems, instead of the other way around (spurs being out-rebounded, which was always why we had problems with dallas.

YOu think your ancient pg gives Parker problems? Parker scored at will against him, and would have had better assists if we had Manu (much less Dice, RJ, etc) to pass to. Parker averages 7apg, so he is a good passer too.

This is so weak I don't know why I bothered.

Simple Jack
08-22-2009, 04:11 PM
I had forgotten how basketball was not a team sport, but was instead just a game of one-on-one.

Dallas's "big 5" will be small ball, right? I do not fear the Mavs playing small ball.

Your only advantage against us came from playing Dirk at the 4 and forcing matchup problems...with your small ball lineup of Marion at the 4, you will have rebounding problems, instead of the other way around (spurs being out-rebounded, which was always why we had problems with dallas.

YOu think your ancient pg gives Parker problems? Parker scored at will against him, and would have had better assists if we had Manu (much less Dice, RJ, etc) to pass to. Parker averages 7apg, so he is a good passer too.

uhhh Marion avges 8 rebounds a game.

anyways we are better and we are going to have a more succesful year than you guys. someone can quote that.

GO MAVS

Muser
08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
So a Dallas team with Gooden/Dirk at C will be able to stop Howard from beasting it up in the paint? Cool.

Spursfan092120
08-22-2009, 04:44 PM
obvious troll is obvious

pawe
08-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Fucking JKidd burned the Spurs with his spot up 3 last year. Dirk and Howard is still unguardable by Spurs standards. Terry becomes the league MVP when he plays against us. So I guess Dallas is high up on the list when they only play the Spurs. League wise, they are a top 10 team.

TIMMYD!
08-22-2009, 04:47 PM
I guess that's why his name is Simple Jack.

Simple minded dumbass that knows jack.

samikeyp
08-22-2009, 04:51 PM
lol "we"

crc21209
08-22-2009, 06:25 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. DALLAS MAVERICKS
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Orlando Magic

Dirk is better than Duncan today. Shawn Marion is better than Richard Jefferson. Our big 5 is better than your's. Kidd, Terry, Howard, Marion and Dirk is better than Parker, Ginobli, Jefferson, Duncan and McDyess.

GO MAVS!!!!!

:lol This guy is hilarious.

Texas_Ranger
08-22-2009, 06:39 PM
well at least he doesn't think that they are better than the Lakers.

spursfan1000
08-22-2009, 09:08 PM
lol @ Marion> RJ and lol @ mavs> spurs

Hooks
08-22-2009, 09:13 PM
We passed upon the stair,
We spoke of was and when
Although I wasn't there,
He said I was his friend
Which came as a surprise
I spoke into his eyes
I thought you died alone
A long long time ago

Oh no, not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With The Man Who Sold The World

I laughed and shook his hand,
And made my way back home
I searched for form and land
For years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazely stare at all the millions here
We must have died along, a long long time ago

Who knows? not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the Man who Sold the World

polysylab1k
08-22-2009, 09:21 PM

It's just what I'm concerned about. Our small ball play works pretty well with teams that are also lacking in low-post power, but the Spurs are actually not a team of that sort. What makes it even worse is we traded Bill Russell Diop last season, now Ericka muthafuckin Dampier is the only boy in blue that plays center as his 1st position. However I don't think we'll have rebound problems even with a small squad with Gooden as center, Gooden is undersized as a center but he is a damn good rebounder and also Marion for that matter.

Parker will still be a question to puzzle Mavs a lot, as Jason "Jason Kidd" Kidd is relatively senile and not fast enough to keep up with Parker's pace. The only strategy is to use JJB on Tony at defensive end, and the double-PG back-court worked pretty well last season.

TD 21
08-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Like 'TIMMYD' said, the name really does say it all in this case.

I'm not sure how any knowledgeable and rational NBA fan can arrive at any other conclusion other than (in no particular order): Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Cavaliers, Magic.

The Spurs are the one team I still see some debate over, but really there shouldn't be. For as mediocre and un-Spurs like as they often looked last season, they still won 54 games (tied for 5th most in the league), won the toughest division in basketball, and this came with myriad injuries, particularly of the significant variety. A meek 5 game showing in the playoffs shouldn't overshadow that, or their recent history when healthy (previous year Western Conference finalists, two years ago NBA champions).Throw in the upgrades of Jefferson, McDyess, Blair, and Ratliff, and there shouldn't be any question that the Spurs easily still rank as a top 5 team in the NBA.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
08-23-2009, 12:02 AM
lol what a bum troll

Darkwaters
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Not even worthy of my time.

honestfool84
08-23-2009, 01:03 AM
is it just me, or does no one see the relation to "princess pimp"?

Blackjack
08-23-2009, 01:53 AM
It really is that time of year, isn't it?:shootme

Training camp can't get here soon enough..

This board deserves better.:depressed

eisfeld
08-23-2009, 04:00 AM
Oh noes... another Mavs troll bashing the Spurs. Congratulations for creating such a unique, creative and witty persona. Call me when you can back up your statement with facts rather than with stupidity.

spursfan1000
08-23-2009, 05:29 AM
1.Lakers (till proven other wise)
2. Celtics
3.Spurs
4.Cavaliers
5.Magic

cherylsteele
08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
is it just me, or does no one see the relation to "princess pimp"?
Nah....Princess Pimp/louis/whatever, would not have even included San Antonio in their list.

I do, however, believe it is someone's troll. Someone who is regular poster here.

Summers
08-23-2009, 12:41 PM
It really is that time of year, isn't it?:shootme

Training camp can't get here soon enough..

This board deserves better.:depressed

We deserve better trolls, that's for sure. They should at least make me laugh.

ohmwrecker
08-23-2009, 03:07 PM
1. Lakers (hate it, but you have to do it)
2. Spurs (easy favorites to dethrone L.A.)
3. Celtics (hate this too, but I want to see Spurs vs Celtics finals)
4. Magic (will addition of Carter or the loss of Turkoglu be the deciding factor?)
5. Nuggets (but I think they are overrated)

Sorry, Cavs and Mavs. Your teams may have good regular seasons, but come playoff time, it's choke city.

peskypesky
08-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Dirk is better than Duncan today.

:lmao

NFGIII
08-24-2009, 11:37 AM
:nope

Check out the NBA's power rankings below:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/powerrankings/08/17/offseason.rankings/index.html

SA 4th and Dallas 6th. But as the report states - Dallas is still a step below the Lakers and the Spurs in the West.

Spurm
08-24-2009, 11:45 AM
spurm fans don't realize that their pathetic team has been owned by the Mavs last 2 playoff series...

Sobe_Kucks
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Spend some time getting the Cowgirls owner to fix their bazillion dollar flat screen before trolling. Pretty much every publication out there has the Mavs below the Spurs. :stfu You have a nice day now.